Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vampire Diaries

+46
sunni94
Muggsy
DarkSpork
UmaOprah
choubetcha
lisaslobe
epudom
Luciano
xyzzy
CindyMc
PineappleGirl
Carrie Ann
Heather
winniety
filwdork
chibimanda
preciosa
Auroura76
MaddyCat
Raised by wolves
Corellderaan
laurelin_kit
Raksha
sen3
dday515
Nerg
BrightEyes
truecrystal
curryalley
Gallifrey Girl
Gillian
SNeaker
Caramel Coffee
queenofdenile
salamandersam
QueenSix
nikita
big chicken
mialoubug
Jessica
Lily Rose
Kiran
aninnocent
dionneshea
jensa
blixie
50 posters

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

The Vampire Diaries - Page 2 Empty Re: The Vampire Diaries

Post  Lily Rose Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:41 am

Gallifrey Girl wrote:THIS SHOW!

Rick and Damon's dysfunctional friendship is one of my favorite things right now. Damon's retread of his Mason non-apology to Rick and then adding that he meant it this time was hilarious.
With the super charming little quirked up smile! He loves Ric the mostest.

I love Lexi and want her to come back for realsies. Halfway through the show, when I realized ALL THE GHOSTS were back, I was like, "LEXI! COME BACK TO US LOVE!" And she did! But then she had to go again and I was sad. And I may have gotten a tiny tear in my eye when Pearl found Anna. Evan vampires need their mommies sometimes!

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:09 am

Damon's retread of his Mason non-apology to Rick and then adding that he meant it this time was hilarious.
And then the flirty little smile. Damon/Ric is my favorite relationship on the show. I was so on edge about them fighting, and it tickles me that the show took the time to really deal with their making up. Aww.

Jeremy fucked up big time. BIG TIME. But I'll miss Anna. She's so freaking pretty.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:09 am

Jeremy fucked up big time. BIG TIME.

Oh he really really did, and I like where this leaves Bonnie, how can she help but be in a dark place? She upset the balance of nature out of love for him and he gets five minutes with his dead girlfriend and is making out with her. In the bigger picture Jeremy has been through more loss, and I get that he needed to say goodbye to Anna, but wow how much does your current GF not need to hear about how much you needed to do it. And to top it off, she had to "lose" Grams again.

This show's greatest strength is how much care it always takes with the characters and their relationships: Bonnie/Jeremy and the betrayal there isn't glossed over, Alaric/Damon get to actually work things through believably, we see how much Bonnie/Caroline are still BFF's that little It's good to see you/Hi Miss Sheila moment was so...heart warming! Hell even Anna/Pearl had their earned emotional beat of a reunion.

We also got to see BFF Lexi/Stefan back together, I loved that Lexi got with the program so fast on Sir Rips A Lot, locking his ass up and trying to get him back to himself. Lexi may not be an Original but she's pretty damn old herself, I'm sorry she's back to being a ghost on the other side and can't have a knock down drag out with Kat.

Of course my Stelena heart was all a twitter. GUH those two. And I love my girl for realizing she too might be wasting her life on a ghost, and that she had to get back to being a good friend and a good sister, and that she can do both w/o giving up on Stefan. Because Elena KICKS ASS.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:59 am

I'm so glad they didn't put all the guest stars in the credits because all the ghosts other than Anna and Mason were a delightful surprise. Even the vengeful vampire ghosts made me happy because I knew they'd mess it up for the other ghosts. I hope the pendant rematerializing means the door is still open and we get to seem Lexi, Anna, and Mason again.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:03 pm

I am angry at Jeremy. Bonnie is awesome and he is too fine to be making out with a dead girl. You hit that live shit, baby!

(He got really hot sometime in season two, for reals)

It makes sense that Jeremy would be so attached to a ghost after so much tragedy when he's still ealing with the loss of Aunt Jenna - and where was she when dead folks started showing up? The dead are always with us and it's okay to still love those who are gone but not at the expense of the living. I really liked Jeremy and Bonnie because it Made Sense. Even with all of Bonnie's power it seems that the show never quite knows what to do with her or Jeremy either. This gave them something to do. I hope those two crazy kids can work it out.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:46 pm

Ugh, this show is SO GOOD. WHY IS IT SO GOOD? Last night's episode was great overall, but it also had all these little moments that I loved, like Caroline going all Buffy on the vamp ghosts who wanted to kill Tyler's mom EVEN THOUGH TYLER'S MOM TRIED TO KILL HER and that line at the bar where Damon said something about Klaus being alive, "which is, like, ALWAYS." Ian Somerhalder really nailed this week's episode, I thought.

I also totally cried at the end. I admit it.

That being said, WHERE IS KATHERINE? I know with complete certainty that they'd never kill Katherine off -- definitely not basically off-screen -- but WHERE IS SHE?
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Jessica wrote: Ian Somerhalder really nailed this week's episode, I thought.

Definitely. He still had Damon's trademark smirks and eyerolls, but they were down a notch, which made him much more enjoyable.

So what does this mean for Stefan and Elana? Is she going to continue to hurt him like Lexi was doing? Will she let him go when she needs his protection again?

Loved that Damon assumed it was Stefan tying him up and putting a poker through him.

My husband is now watching TVD with me, and I try to catch him up as we're going, but this show moves so fast that I sometimes forget some plot points. But a surprising number of questions can be answered with "that's ____, Damon killed him/her." I now use that as my default.

Well...sometimes I do things that I don't have to do...

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:09 pm

How many damn festivals does this town have? Every freaking week its something. And it never ends well. If I lived in that town, I would lock myself in my basement every weekend. For a small town they have lot of people randomly dying in the woods, at the high school, and in the town square. Just change its name to Sunnydale and be done with it!

That being said, I still flove this show.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:34 pm

I have no thoughts about this episode that haven't already been posted by someone else. You guys, just, like, really get me. *sniff*

What I enjoyed most about this ep though was Damon's terrible-horrible-no good-very bad day. Agreed about Somerhalder nailing this episode. See what can happen when you tone down the Crazy Eyes, Ian?

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:51 pm

There was an unusual amount of dust that gathered during that last montage, and it blew directly in my face during the Bonnie and Grams bit. I've always liked Bonnie, but I love her most in kick-ass, take no shit mode. Jeremy was a douche and even if I can sorta kinda understand, I'm still glad Bonnie curbed him. Plus ever since somebody made mention of Bonnie/Klaus I can't get it out of my head. I'm sure it's just lingering Bonnie/Damon wish fulfillment though.

And because it can't be said enough, MAN THIS SHOW IS PRETTY.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:54 pm

jensa wrote:How many damn festivals does this town have? Every freaking week its something. And it never ends well. If I lived in that town, I would lock myself in my basement every weekend. For a small town they have lot of people randomly dying in the woods, at the high school, and in the town square. Just change its name to Sunnydale and be done with it!

That being said, I still flove this show.

I bet the writers have a lot of fun coming up with reasons for the citizens of Mystic Falls to have yet another party. But if there ever was a town that needed to ban dancing and music, it's Mystic Falls. I was so surprised last week when no one died at the kegger.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:54 am

There was an unusual amount of dust that gathered during that last montage,

I think I would have misted up anyway, because, THIS SHOW, but they did pull out Kate Bush's This Woman's Work. A song which makes me pretty much mist up from the first few lines, a song that made me cry for Kevin Bacon when he was a total smug wanting to cheat fuckass to his pregnant wife for an hour forty-five of She's Having a Baby. A wife who passed up HOT ASS Alec Baldwin for him while he pouted about her now gigantic ass. And still the tears came.

And I have to say living in small town america, they really DO have a ton of festivals, and at least one "event" a week.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:55 pm

I saw Elijah and his hair cape in the promo for next week's episode. FINALLY.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:08 pm

Here are some pics of the TVD cast out for Halloween, being all cute and friendly, and couple-y. Oh and
Spoiler:

Apparently Candice is with Zach Roerig now (that girl takes advantage of being surrounded by beautiful hot boys), and their Toddlers/Tiara's costume is so creepy and wrong. Jenna Ushkowitz/Michael Trevino are like the opposite of that in their SNICK show outfits.

And did I mention
Spoiler:

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:22 pm

I found the toddlers and tiaras costume hilarious. That show is my guilty pleasure though.

Agreed though they all look adorable. I mean, Captain Planet!
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Well, that's just great. I'm already in love with this show, and now I have to be in love with the entire damn cast, too. Awesome.

Nina's Hermione costume is making me want to pinch her cheeks, Zach/Candice's costumes are cracking me up, and I think Trevino/Ushkowitz is my new fave couple. But no Paul?
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:27 pm

I think Paul was there, but he had on an Alien rubber mask, I think he's the only one of the main cast who is married to so I can see that pulling him socially in a different direction. The Toddlers/Tiara thing IS hilarious, just in so wrong way. Like I think if I were at party every time I would see her baby bottle and GIGANTIC tiara I'd start dying.

I find it kind of interesting Jenna went to the TVD party and not the Glee one.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Maybe he won out? She seems pretty close to her Glee cast, but she also has seemed close to the VD cast for a few years and she probably sees the Glee cast everyday for 12 hours a day.

His mullet and the picture of her on his shirt also gets me. That seemed to be a popular costume, Chrissy Tiegen (John Legend's girlfriend, shut up shes hilarious) did the same costume (though she stayed in character with every picture with the tantrum wailing too.)
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Maybe Jenna could guest star on VD and she could actually get lines or even sing.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:27 pm

God I hope not. I like her a lot and like her voice but girl is so flat on screen for me.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:15 pm

I want to hang out with all of these people, but I think I officially want to hang out with Michael Trevino and Jenna Ushkowitz the most. Legends of the Hidden Temple! That is awesome!

And just when I thought Nina could not be more adorable, she dresses up as Hermione Granger. With Harry and Ron's heads attached to her shoulders. I love her. If less than awesome gossip ever comes out about her, I don't want to hear it.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:26 am

One of my favorite things about Damon continues to be his love of dancing. Also as mentioned before I love how this show continues to the up the big bad level. I mean, remember the first few episodes? When DAMON was the looming threat? Then Katherine? Then Elijah? This show is really good at going "Oh you thought THAT was bad?"
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:01 am

Wigfest '11! That was some delightful hair on exhibition last night.

I love how this show continues to take the "bad" guys and make them vulnerable - Rebecca broke my heart last night.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:18 am

I thought the Original backstory was very well-done. Klaus has got to be the biggest troll of all time--first he trolls history and then it turns out he's been lying to his sister the whole time? Michael probably isn't after Rebecca at all and it turns out he has a very good reason to want to rip Klaus' heart out. Speaking of, I really like Sebastian Roche is this role. It always makes me happy when a GH alumnus shows up elsewhere in a show I can enjoy.

And yeah, Elijah sighting! I hope he gets destaked soon. I miss his brand of pretty.

One thing I'm still not clear on--the Petrova dopplegangers. We know the Original witch created vampires in an effort to save her children from death, she cursed Klaus to keep his werewolf side in check, and she tied the curse to the dopplegangers. So who was the original woman doppleganger and how did she end up getting involved?

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Is it just me, or is Michael basically the older version of Bradley Cooper? I keep thinking he is Bradley Cooper, come to us from the future via time machine.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next