The Vampire Diaries

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Vampire Diaries

Post  Raksha on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:23 am

xyzzy wrote:Holy crap. I stopped watching last season and felt like crap this weekend, so I decided to catch up on all of season 5 and 6 up to now. I guess to make myself feel crappier? Anyway, a few observations.

Heh. Yeah, that sounds like a poor life choice, if you want to make yourself feel better.

Also, I disapprove of the decision to make Tyler just a werewolf again.

Not even a werewolf! Just a human! And even more useless than a normal human, because he'll be holding back even more than normal humans because if he kills someone, it'll trigger his curse again and he doesn't want to be a werewolf.

3. Seriously, Bonnie sacrificed herself AGAIN? FOR DAMON? Whut. How can we even take their attempts to turn Ghost-Bonnie into an actual character during season 5 seriously now?

I refuse to believe it's over for Bonnie, though. I think Damon and Caroline especially will be crusading to get her back. And maybe even Elena could be convinced to stop obsessing over herself for 5 minutes if she knows for sure that Bonnie isn't gone for good.

4. If we're supposed to be rooting for Caroline/Stefan, why is he behaving like a new person around her? He's 100% pure prick. I get that he's all dead brother angsty, but their friendship was always something he reserved at least a small amount of energy for.

They completely undid all their relationship development from the last season. And they did it off screen during the hiatus! Which is pissing me off, because their relationship was the one thing I liked about last season.

5. OK, I admit, the brotherly hug kind of got to me. Mostly because Stefan can kind of act now.

Yeah, that got me too. Damn it. I want to give up on this show, but I keep hanging on for moments like this. And also because I'm convinced this is the last season, and I've put in this much time so far.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:49 am

Raksha wrote:
Not even a werewolf!  Just a human!  And even more useless than a normal human, because he'll be holding back even more than normal humans because if he kills someone, it'll trigger his curse again and he doesn't want to be a werewolf.

You're totally right. I meant more like, "potential werewolf," but was not very clear. I hate it. I guess it makes sense if you consider that the person who "died" and went to the other side had all of his transformations reversed, but I still hate it. I don't care if it makes sense.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:08 pm

I watched all five episodes from this season over the last week too, though I ff-ed through some of it, because I've seen enough on Tumblr and Price Peterson's recaps to know what I didn't need to waste (more) time on. So my impressions aren't really fair or accurate, but...I think I like it more than Season 5 so far.

The great: Bonnie and Damon in 1994
I don't think I liked anything in Season 5 as much as I like this. It's been so long since I liked Damon in any capacity, that it's been refreshing to enjoy his scenes again. Plus, Bonnie had an actual storyline that was interesting, with a person who seemed to appreciate her! Ahhhh, they were just so fun together. And it was a really original, interesting angle for this show. I appreciated it so much. And now it's over and I will cry.

The good:
Stefan being such a dick--Yes, I hate it, but I like watching it. Paul Wesley continues to be awesome, all the time, and that is enjoyable to me. Plus, now that I'm kind of a huge Steroline shipper, the fact that she is the only person he wouldn't talk to, the person whose presence brought tears to his eyes, the person he can't really be around, tells me that she was really the only person left that he felt that deep of a connection to. She was the threat to his get-away-and-start-over plan. He could maintain a loose connection to Alaric and to Elena, but he couldn't even listen to Caroline's voicemails. He went way over the line dumping Ivy on Caroline, after everything else, and I hope he spends the rest of the season paying for it. Also, being that horrible was sort of the climax of his spiral, which ended with him broken down at the crypt. That Defan hug was almost worth all of it.

Liv killing that guy for Tyler--I barely care about either of them, but that was a great scene.

The question mark:
Elena--I did basically fast-forward through all of her scenes for the first two episodes, plus any scene after that that didn't involve another main character, so again, not exactly accurate. But the one good thing to come out of her stupid, illogical compulsion story is that at least the writers are acknowledging how awful she became with Damon, and how horrible their relationship was. How this all gets resolved will determine my feelings about it, I suppose. I fully expect them to get back together, and it probably won't be handled well because it just won't, but at least they won't just fall right back into their old rhythms immediately. (Though off-screen drama does make this feel maybe less inevitable than it used to...)

The bad:
Alaric--Basically everything he's doing right now is the wrong thing. I love having him back on my screen, but they're just not using him well right now. And Jo? Is terrible. Unless they were actually trying to find someone who looked exactly like April in 15 years, I don't understand that casting job, because they have no chemistry. All that does is highlight the excellent, inappropriate chemistry between Elena and Alaric.

Jeremy--So over him, generally. Also, step away from the gym for a little bit, buddy.

Enzo--WHY does anyone care about this dude?

Every new character/actor--Other than Colin Ferguson, and Kai, who is evil and fun and played by a good actor, every new character is a complete dud. Liam, no. Sarah, nah. Jo, absolutely not. I love the idea of Sarah, but that actress is a total blank. There are decent actors out there who are also pretty. How did we end up with these blandos?
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:52 pm

Yeah I'm actually enjoying this season for the most part, but I 'm enjoying it like I once upon a time imagined I'd enjoy a Kevin Williamson show about Vampires: Dawson's with Teeth and emo songs.

I think last nights episode was almost actually awesome, and generally pretty damn good. I liked that Alaric is Human again and that there is avenue towards that for all the Vamp gang if they so choose. I didn't have an issue with it mythologically because I don't think we've seen what happens when a vamp *becomes human again* and yet doesn't actually die. So I can buy his compulsion of Elena still sticking. And reopens the possibility that Damon will end up a Human, which this show desperately needs to happen for me to continue giving a shit about him. Well that and Bamon.

I also was super encouraged that, because of the Nina/Ian awkward backstage, that really might NOT reunite them, and really WILL go for Bamon. Not sure why else to have that phone call (okay it's the way they will find out he was lying about Bonnie being with him, whatever). That phone call between Bamon was more moving than anything Hulk Germ has been able to bring about in his isolated little part of bangin and drankin' in Mystic Falls.

I'm really happy with Tripp as the totally not that big a bad, he's empathetic but still a legitimate threat, fairly effective and not trumped up like the Traveler nonsense largely was. It seems like the season arc will be about humanity and vampire community of Mystic Falls coming to blows with the witches being the balancing factor. Matt sounded completely over his vampire friends bullshit, Jeremy is as lost as he was in the pilot, Sarah is going to find out her Ancient Vampire Uncle killed her mother (and her father? He did kill Zach too didn't he?).

I didn't even hate Dalena last night because keeping them apart physically allowed the show to deal with them as individuals, and it stayed fairly true to the characters I think I know: Damon, determined to disrespect Elena's wishes as ever, and Elena connecting with the girl she used to pride herself to be one who wants to make her own fully informed decisions. One who wants to express and use her agency. Damon still being the kinda of terrible vampire person he is was reiterated by Stefan/Alaric character consistently respecting Elena's wishes, and Jeremy outright calling him a stalker.

Since I'm wholly uninterested in Stefan/Caroline as a romantic couple, I'm glad she told him to get bent, but I do want to see them heal and rebuild their BFF status.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:15 pm

blixie wrote:encouraged that, because of the Nina/Ian awkward backstage, that really might NOT reunite them, and really WILL go for Bamon.

Really? I personally can't think of anything more unprofessional for an actor to do. Your off-show relationship drama should have no effect on the work you are very well-compensated for. If Plec et. al. are keeping Delena on the back burner for their own reasons, fine. But if they're doing it because Ian and Nina broke up, at their request or not, I'm unimpressed. They may play teenagers, but they're all adults and should behave like professionals.

and Elena connecting with the girl she used to pride herself to be one who wants to make her own fully informed decisions.

How you can make a fully informed decision without access to all the facts? I would much rather Elena have her memories back and still decide that the type of full enmeshment she had with Damon that resulted in an insane decision to have her memories erased is unhealthy and not the foundation of a solid partnership.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:05 pm

How you can make a fully informed decision without access to all the facts?

My point was Elena arrived to that EXACT conclusion, and I was glad she came to it. She wanted to look at Damon and know all the things she needs to know, she wanted Alaric to uncompel her. On a purely META level I don't want her uncompelled because I consider the last two and half years of Elena Gilbert to have been bullshit and destructive to her character, and also because so much of the story of her "loving" Damon involved being SIRED to him.

Of course I want her to have her memories back and STILL drop him like a bad habit, but practically speaking, for the time being, I'm fully fine with a version of Elena who doesn't give a shit about Damon and thinks he's a murderous asshole who killed her brother, who she has no interest in reuniting with, regardless of their history, and any former "feelings".

But if they're doing it because Ian and Nina broke up, at their request or not, I'm unimpressed.

I never said I was impressed, and no I think if they aren't writing it, it's not because Nina/Ian have refused to work together. Honestly I don't give a shit why they leave Dalena in the dust, or why they pursue Bamon, I only know I want them to do both, and if off screen issues are part of the reason why I'll take it.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:46 pm

I'm curious. Why do you find Bamon to be more acceptable than Dalena? Didn't he turn Bonnie's mom into a vampire? I'm not invested in Damon being with anyone in particular, but most of the arguments I see against his relationship with Elena could be used to argue against him being with anyone. He's still who he is.

Last edited by xyzzy on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because spelling counts.)
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:09 pm

Not responding for blixie, but for myself, to be perfectly honest, I think I am interested in Bamon more than Delena because it's all potential at this point.

I've said this many times here, but: all these people have done terrible things (except Matt?). The reason Damon bugs me the most is that he's always excused by the text--more than that, he's rewarded over and over. Having him end up "dead" at the end of last season was a good start on rectifying that. From my perspective, what I want from Damon is: 1) for him to begin doing good, without Elena as his motivation; 2) relatedly, remorse that goes beyond just words, and includes atonement; 3) for him to start prioritizing other relationships instead of only his love life; and 4) if the show has to end with him in a relationship, I want it to be with a person who doesn't find his acting out acceptable in any way.

So I'd rather see Bamon because there is the potential that both characters could grow, and become better, stronger people together. From what we've seen, Bonnie doesn't give Damon a pass on his crappy behavior. She stands up to him and fights him on it; she doesn't find it cute or tragic. In the past, she's used her magic to back him down when necessary. I'd like to believe that she would break up with him if he were to start killing innocent people. Elena used to call him out on his crap, or at least made him sweat it out a little longer before forgiving him, but the writers threw all that out in the interest of getting them together. They made each other worse as individuals, and their relationship was a drain on the show.

While I always felt the spark between Damon and Elena in the first three seasons, I don't think their personalities are very interesting together. But I genuinely enjoy Bonnie and Damon's personalities together. They're snarky and sweet with each other, and just a hell of a lot more fun to watch than Delena at this point.

But like I said, it's all potential, and of course there is every chance that if the writers did put them together, they would screw it all up.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:42 pm

Honestly, simply because I think Ian as Damon has more chemistry with Bonnie than he does with Nina as Elena. Because I think Plec/Dries destroyed the story of Dalena that I was fine with, by retconning the shit out of it, they had to drag Stefan down in S3/4 to make Damon look better, and the final kicker was to have Elena admit she loves him when she is also sired to him. A fail on so many levels.

I guess and I think the Bonnie who hated Damon and the Damon who hated Bonnie no longer exist, not just because of this recent time in Candle Box of Soul world. She will never be a fan of vampires in general, yet her two BFF are both...vampires. While he did kill/turn her mom, honestly her mom was kind of a trifling bitch who never put her kid first, so it's one of the few things I don't hold against him, and I don't think Bonnie does either. But yeah I just plain find Dalena not just gross from storytelling perspective, but chemistry free. I find Bamon, still problematic, but interesting from storytelling perspective (though mostly that hangs on Damon becoming human), and chemistry filled.

ETA: oooh also what Carrie Ann said! It's the potential to have a Damon that actually grows like at all in any way.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:33 am

blixie wrote:My point was Elena arrived to that EXACT conclusion, and I was glad she came to it.

Ahh, I gotcha. I was misinterpreting what you wrote.

I'm fully fine with a version of Elena who doesn't give a shit about Damon and thinks he's a murderous asshole who killed her brother, who she has no interest in reuniting with, regardless of their history, and any former "feelings".

I've posted this before (and I think it was even here), but I always detected a level of chemistry between Damon and Elena, even early on in the show. I became increasingly irritated with all the insane retcons because I felt like they'd already done enough in the course of the show to indicate that it was possible for Elena to be attracted to (or at least intrigued by) his character. However, I agree with everyone who thinks that Elena is a different person now. Somehow they managed to vamp Caroline and she remained awesome. Elena? Not so much.

Carrie Ann wrote:While I always felt the spark between Damon and Elena in the first three seasons, I don't think their personalities are very interesting together. But I genuinely enjoy Bonnie and Damon's personalities together. They're snarky and sweet with each other, and just a hell of a lot more fun to watch than Delena at this point.

That's what annoys me the most about Damon and Elena's relationship. They got together and then it was full stop. Nothing changed. Damon was still a prick manchild and Elena was putting up with it in a way she *never* did as a human. The conflict ended. Plec keeps bringing conflict into the relationship, but not through character evolution--it's all external. "If only all these meanies would just leave Delena alone, they would be perfect!" At least, in Plec's mind. And it's irritating to see 3242349 characters spend two seasons telling Elena that Damon is the wrong choice only to have them change their minds after he dies and she goes off the deep end. I do see what you mean here about potential with Bamon, and it is an intriguing idea from that standpoint. However, I don't like the idea of Stefan getting back together with Elena, at all. For some reason I feel as if he would be diminished by such backpedaling. I would much rather see him with Caroline. So, I guess in my perfect world, Damon ends up with Elena or Bonnie (don't care which, since Plec seems determined to keep him stagnant) and Stefan ends up with Caroline. If that means Elena is left alone, so be it. But we all know that would never happen.

xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:42 am

xyzzy wrote:I do see what you mean here about potential with Bamon, and it is an intriguing idea from that standpoint. However, I don't like the idea of Stefan getting back together with Elena, at all. For some reason I feel as if he would be diminished by such backpedaling. I would much rather see him with Caroline. So, I guess in my perfect world, Damon ends up with Elena or Bonnie (don't care which, since Plec seems determined to keep him stagnant) and Stefan ends up with Caroline. If that means Elena is left alone, so be it. But we all know that would never happen.
I think they've really nailed the Stelena coffin shut over the past two seasons. They don't seem to have any romantic spark left, and Stefan is constantly propping Delena, so I don't worry about going back there anymore. I doubt Elena will be without a Salvatore in the end, but it would really be the strongest move for the series, in many ways.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:23 am

Weeeelll, at least they acknowledged lore problems in the show and attempted to fix them. Alaric didn't "die" or get daggered as an Original vampire so his compulsion wasn't erased (that's really weak sauce, Plec) and Elena *did* try to uncompulse herself by passing the no-magic boundary. OK, fine.

Really a mixed bag, overall.

The good: Damon finding Bonbear was the best moment of the episode, hands down. He looked elated. Acting that didn't involve eye bugging, rolling, or brow waggling happened. Give the man an Emmy. Bonnie's scenes in purgatory were also awesome, despite the hamminess of her acting partner. It was awesome to see her at least try to save herself, even though she was stymied in the end. The fact that she sent her bear through to Damon was also a great character moment for her. Self-sacrificing Bonnie would have just destroyed her magic. Empowered Bonnie sends messages to her friends that she is still alive. Enzo's murder of the vampire hunter was also satisfying to me because I did not expect it. At all. In a show that's become extremely predictable (sniff), that's quite an accomplishment. Also, no Jeremy. Finally. I needed a break from that guy.

The bad: What was the Steroline thing? What was that? Why is Paul not acting in his scenes? He looks detached and bored by the whole thing. And who wrote that crap? Where was Stefan going, "Caroline, I couldn't bear to face you. You were too important to me." Just as bad were the scenes between Damon/Elena. I felt like I was watching a PowerPoint presentation, complete with laser pointer and a misbehaving network connection. And Matthew Davis seemed to forget how to play Alaric at some point during the 2323 roles he's attempted between his "death" and his return. I don't know who this guy is. I also don't care about human untriggered Tyler, the witch twins, Alaric's new main squeeze, or Elena's brilliant boyfriend's new crusade. The show needs a better big bad for this season, and haven't we already done the hunter thing to death by now?
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:31 am

xyzzy wrote:The bad: What was the Steroline thing? What was that? Why is Paul not acting in his scenes? He looks detached and bored by the whole thing. And who wrote that crap? Where was Stefan going, "Caroline, I couldn't bear to face you. You were too important to me." Just as bad were the scenes between Damon/Elena. I felt like I was watching a PowerPoint presentation, complete with laser pointer and a misbehaving network connection.
Apparently that scene was the result of years of Twitter trending campaigns of "Delena Rain Kiss." I...can't even think about that for another second. I ff-ed that scene, and wish I'd done the same with all of their scenes. Elena immediately reverted to her Season 5 self, so I don't understand why we're even bothering with this charade.

On the other hand, you're exactly right that Ian/Damon showed more life in a scene with Bonnie's teddy bear than he did in all of the Delena scenes combined. WHY can't we have this. Why. Bonnie was so awesome in every way in that episode, and managed to carry a whole storyline--the best one of the episode--on her own. I'm so happy for Kat Graham to finally have something super interesting to do.

OK, now the sad part: yes, they messed up that Steroline thing. I'm tired of this thing where Stefan acts annoyed by her emotions. I don't know that it's Paul, because he's perfectly capable of taking direction and is still the best actor on the show when it comes to the subtle stuff. So I have to believe it's the writing and direction. They want Stefan to act this way, for some terrible reason. I wasn't thrilled with how they're handling Caroline's side of it either--she shouldn't be mad in a "cute" way. She should be mad on a bone-deep level, and she was only allowed to show that at the very end, and even then, it was sort of unsatisfying. And the reveal of her feelings should have been much more emotionally affecting, but instead it was treated like a sitcom subplot. Just...not good. I hope they fix this.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:54 am

Are you fucking kidding me, that rain kiss was TWITTER FIC? I had been wonderfully indifferent to every thing Dalena last night but knowing that brings up the barf reflex again. Okay I lied I am also over the CONSTANT retconning of Damon and Elena. I was there Plec Damon has been trying to convince her turn into a vampire for years at the drop of every she might die hat. There was not a single solitary part of him who was sad that she wouldn't have the life she wanted as a human.

Luckily Ian seems entirely team Bamon, him hugging his Bad Ass, Brave Bon Bon's Bear was so amazing. I really saw him regretting that he left her for the utterly faithless drip Elena has become.

The Germ was not in this episode and I did not miss him, I really wish they'd just have him leave town for good.

I'm bummed they killed off Tripp I thought he was good human sized antagonist, but maybe Enzo just broke Matt's back with that move, he's really torn up all the death and destruction his "friends" bring to his life and his town. I really think they are heading for some kind of reckoning for how humans of the community can ever co-exist with the vampires (hey call the French Quarter, as long as the dead aren't locals who gives a fuck!), but first it will be a throw down. The witches will be The Deciders, hopefully with Bonnie leading the charge, and I'm not sure where Jo/Kai/Luke/Liv will sort out.

I'd love it if they legit went with Bamon, and had him actually genuinely change for her in ways he never could for Elena, and then turn him human. God he needs to turn human so much. In any case I'm glad to see Kat and Zach possibly headed for real meaty storylines for Bonnie and Matt, and if they end up together instead of Bamon that would make me happiest of all.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:45 am

blixie wrote:Are you fucking kidding me, that rain kiss was TWITTER FIC?
I need to know more information. How did this start? Why did Plec respond to this request for fan service? Is there something in the show about a rain kiss that was never shown or something? Anyway, it explains why their scenes were like a PPT presentation--it was a point by point demonstration designed to torture and then appease fans. Like giving a lollipop to a kid after his vaccinations.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:46 pm

OK, don't say I never did nothin' for y'all, because I just googled this nonsense, and it's even worse than I imagined.

First of all, my understanding is that Teens These Days are obsessed with "rain kisses" like it's some sort of swoony romantic thing? The only ones I can think of in pop culture are the Spiderman one and The Notebook one, but I'm sure there are more. But I would guess that The Notebook has been pretty formative on that generation. At any rate, I used to look at fandom tags on Tumblr, and the shippy ones would regularly include a call for a ZOMG RAIN KISS can you imagine OMG!!!

Get off my lawn, etc.

Anyway, apparently the Delena fandom, which skews very young, has been regularly conducting Twitter trending campaigns with some variation of Delena Rain Kiss for years. And then apparently one was filmed last season, but was cut for time, and the fans found out and went cray, so they included it in this stupid flashback.

Why did Plec/Dries give it to them? Because they've been running this show toward the loudest fans for three seasons or so, I think.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:21 pm

"See, Stefan, even the bear knew."

Thank god Alaric is back.
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:37 pm

So, let me get this straight, Bonnie magics her way out of a prison world where she was trapped for months, MONTHS!, alone and as soon as she gets back, everyone expects her to help with Caroline, Kai, and whatever else is going on. No one seemed to think that, hey, Bonnie might need a break and some wine and a few days to just chill out and get used to being alive again. Did everyone forget that the reason she ended up in the prison world was that she DIED and then was sucked into it from whatever in-between place she was stuck in with Damon?

Here's a thought, let Caroline be a crazy vampire for awhile just like Elena was. And Damon. And Stefan. Let Kai just feel guilty for a bit. And let Bonnie have some peace before she has to solve everyone's problems. AGAIN.
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:54 am

So apparently Nina Dobrev just posted this on her Instagram:

Dearest TVD Family,

I've just spent the most beautiful weekend on Lake Lanier in Georgia with my own TVD Family, the cast and crew of The Vampire Diaries. I want to be the first to tell you that it wasn't just a holiday celebration, it was a goodbye party. I always knew I wanted Elena's story to be a six season adventure, and within those six years I got the journey of a lifetime. I was a human, a vampire, a doppelganger, a crazy immortal, a doppelganger pretending to be human, a human pretending to be a doppelganger. I got kidnapped, killed, resurrected, tortured, cursed, body-snatched, was dead and undead, and there's still so much more to come before the season finale in May. Elena fell in love not once, but twice, with two epic soulmates, and I myself made some of the best friends I'll ever know and built an extended family I will love forever.

There's more to come before we wrap this up, and I promise you'll get to hear all about my experiences over the next month as we approach the season finale (I have given an exclusive interview for the June issue of SELF Magazine that I am excited for you to see!), but until then I invite you to hop on the roller coaster ride that is Elena Gilbert's life and join me as I celebrate her and prepare to say goodbye to her -- and to my work family -- as I move on to the next chapter of my life. I want to share this goodbye with all of you (this weekend's pictures were just the beginning). You, the wonderful fandom who gave more love, support and passion than anyone could have ever imagined seven years ago, when a young Degrassi girl from Canada showed up in LA to audition for 'that Twilight TV show.' ;-) I love you all. Fasten your seatbelts. If you think you know what's coming, you don't.

Love, Nina

Huh. How the hell is that going to work, what with the show being renewed and all? Just no more Elena? If she goes and both Salvatore boys stay, the shipper implosion at the lack of any endgame couple would be spectacular. Or are they going to pull the bodyswitch bullshit with a new actress, like they've been doing on The Originals?
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:28 am

I fell out of watching the show last season and haven't seen any episode past episode 4 of this season. I didn't stop watching for any particular reason, in that there was no plot point or casting that made me stop. I just...I suppose it just didn't grip me like it used to back at the start.

I hope it works out for the showrunners like they hope it will because it can get very dicey when a main lead quits a show but I suppose this show has a strong ensemble feel to it as well so it's not like when your show hinges on only two or three leads with supporting characters that you only see from time to time. It might work out. I dunno.

I think I might watch season 1 again for the chemistry that Stefan and Elena had back when the biggest problem these characters had was fitting another school party/town shindig into their social calendars while thwarting another of Damon's nefarious schemes.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:07 pm

I'm excited for Nina, and kind of excited for the show too, to be honest. I think all three leads are over it, completely, but if only one of them were to leave, Nina is the best option for my own personal enjoyment of the show. The Damon/Stefan relationship is the most important one for me, so either one of them leaving would effectively end the show for me. And for the first time in years, this season has made me really interested in Damon again, and the only thing that's bugged me with him is the return to Delena and to their boring, stultifying dynamic. So knowing that that has an end date renews my interest in the show.

I love ND though, and I will always root for her. I would have been happy for any of them who chose to leave, frankly (Michael Trevino (Tyler) is out at the end of the season too), and I actually suspect the showrunners wish the show would end. I mean, JP has plenty of other irons in the fire, and I'm sure she would happily staff her new shows with this team of writers (or they'll find homes elsewhere on The CW). She's talked about how they had an ideal ending for TVD in mind, and that they've had to "evolve" that plan as the show continued to get renewed. That's gotta be kind of unsatisfying.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:10 pm

Or are they going to pull the bodyswitch bullshit with a new actress, like they've been doing on The Originals?

That bullshit has been entertaining as hell, Yusuf Gatewood, Sondra Sohn, and Daniel Sharman were all upgrades IMO and Maisie is worthy match for an actress who no longer wants to work in Atlanta full time.

Still I doubt they are going this way, they re-introduced the cure, and as much as I'd like that to go to Damon, it neatly solves the Elena issue by making her human again and having her move on with her life like Jeremy did, the show can then refocus on the brothers, I think Nina might also come back if they really wanted her to in S7 for a guest appearance. I will miss Nina, but the show has always been about all three of them, and they've spent two years and change ruining everything everyone loved about the character, I'll be happy to see her moved on. I also want to see her show her chops in the movies, if she can get the right parts, less of that cop movie nonsense, more of the Final Girls/Perks stuff.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm curious to see how it'll work. I'll miss Nina though. I have been over Elena for about three seasons, but she never checked out and I appreciated that.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:22 pm

I gave up on this show in S3, but I do genuinely like Nina a lot, so I hope she finds some interesting work. I think she's got potential. I also find her so, so much more interesting as a person now that she ditched the dead weight and he's free to preach on IG with his new soulmate. So onward and upward to cooler boyfriends and more challenging work.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:20 pm

I'm happy for her too because I think she's the strongest of the (dwindling) female cast and a hella good actress. That said, I'm kinda sad that Elena, who was once my favorite character, is leaving and I'm more excited about watching the show with her gone. Frankly, the show could use a reset because the second tier characters are so very boring. Enzo, twin sister witch, Alaric's fiancee, the long-lost niece - all of them can die anytime and Steroline needs to be...better.

On the other hand, I never thought that my Bonnie/Damon 'ship had a chance in hell when I first boarded it in S1, but it's looking like a possibility now!

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top