Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cougar Town

+9
laurelin_kit
BreezyK
Shalamar
blixie
arol
Raised by wolves
MichiSichi
biakbiak
jcpdiesel21
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cougar Town Empty Cougar Town

Post  jcpdiesel21 Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:42 pm

If you're a fellow fan of the wine drinking cul-de-sac crew, some upsetting news: Cougar Town isn't on ABC's just-released midseason schedule. Oh, and season 3's episode order has been reduced from 15 to 22 and it may premiere as late as March. Even though ABC president Paul Lee said the following back in May when the show wasn't on the fall schedule and in response to whether the late start meant a reduced order for the show:
"No." Adding, if it comes to it, "we can run it through into the summer. I think what we want to have is more originals and more sustained originals [in general] as we go through the year."
LIAR.

This can't be good news for the future of the show. And it seems like forever since we've checked in on Jules and the gang!
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Cougar Town Empty Re: Cougar Town

Post  biakbiak Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Six seasons and a movie!

I miss this show so much.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:33 am

So it seems it has been shelved or cancelled - why?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:35 am

Noooooooo! I want my cul de sac crew back!

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  arol Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:01 pm

I'm crying into my comically large glass of wine.
arol
arol

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:49 am

Ahhh Abed/Community was eerily depressingly prescient!

I can NOT believe people are watching Tim Allen's new crappy show and so CT has no place on the schedule. (I'm sure Happy Endings and Suburgatory doing well doesn't help, but both of those are actually good, or at least not terrible).

Here's hoping we get to see Big Carl and the Crew at some point this year.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:00 pm

FINALLY!!! Big Carl and the Cul de Sac crew return on Tuesday, February 14th at 8:30 pm! It's after the worst lead in for it imaginable but hey it's back on TV!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Great news. PENNY CAN!!!!!!

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:11 am

Terrible time slot, but I'm so overjoyed by the show returning that I don't care. Hooray for the cul-de-sac crew!
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:27 am

Aw, returning on Valentine's Day! I've missed Dime Eyes so much! Now if only we can squeeze another season out of the network. ABC is like Lucille Bluth, they got off on being witholding.

I feel like a can barely remember what happened in the last episode last season, all I remember was some bad hair on Travis.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:33 am

I am ridiculously excited because I am going to the SF viewing party tomorrow! New episodes! Cast members and writers! Wine! Penny Can!!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:35 am

I remember that the finale last season took place in Hawaii, where Travis took off to after being rejected in his marriage proposal to his girlfriend. And Ted from Scrubs was there as the same character! He did a very sad version of "Take On Me" on his ukulele.

Yes, Dan Byrd was sporting some RIDICULOUSLY awful hair last season. I hope he remedied that.

I can't remember where the show left off on the Jules/Grayson front after it was revealed that he definitely wants kids, though.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:33 am

I am SO HAPPY. My husband got me a Big Joe of my very own for Christmas; I am going to fill it with red wine on that night and toast the return of the Cul de Sac Crew.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:30 am

Hand to god an actual conversation at my house whenever they flashed to The Help table regarding Octavia Spencer's date:

Is that Tiny Eyes? That looks like him, but Josh is bland white guy handsome? The side angle doesn't let me see if he has tiny eyes! OMFG. it is TINY EYES!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:55 pm

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm going to the Philly viewing party this Friday! I don't know who's going to be there, but I can't wait. biakbiak when you went to the San Fran one, did people actually watch the show or was it too loud to hear what's going on? Not that it really matters now that I know I'll be able to watch the show on Tuesday, but I was just wondering!

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:47 pm

I unfortunately got sick and didn't go! I had friends go and because Busy Phillips plan was delayed for over two hours it got fairly rowdy because it was an open bar, so people drank to fill up the time.

Bill Lawrence is on WTF with Marc Maron.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:20 pm

I finally got tired of not knowing who was responsible for the Florida in-jokes and combed the internet until I found out that Kevin Biegel went to high school in Sarasota. Mystery solved! I, too, get folksy around my relatives from the middle of the state.
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:38 pm

There are actually quite a few Florida connections, the non-blue blood part of Bill Lawrence family all lives there and the character of Bobby is based on Courtney's brother who moved to Florida with there dad when he was pretty young.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:21 pm

It's frighteningly accurate.
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:06 pm

I don't think I have ever been so happy for a show to return, except for Parks and Rec. Here is a bunch of clips from Sepinwall - Good Show, Bad Title!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:57 pm

I love this show! Both for it's absurdism: green screen! It's heart: Grayson's proposal, Laurie reassuring Ellie that Stan would be okay! And not be afraid of a little melancholy: Bobby's immediate reaction and Travis comforting him at the actual proposal.

Bobby and Andy flying without even seeing the green screen and Bobby riding Dog Travis were amazing.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Other things I loved - the extended "Morning Routine" song, that Tom has pretty much been incorporated into the group completely now, that Grayson knew her well enough to find out exactly what she would want in a proposal and deliver that to her. I hope some new people checked it out and loved it last night, this show is just too good to be cancelled!

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:31 am

Okay that episode was AWESOME, but then I'm a Laurie/Travis shipper from way back, and I love how at the least they aren't ignoring the awkwardly real feelings they have about each other. I died every time Travis came up with an even more hilariously terrible name for his dorm room/apartment: Phallus Palace, Nut Hut, Wangtown, hee.

Big Carl can't resolve this. But we should let him TRY.

I really do like the solution of Tampa to the Graymond/Jules kid issue.The girl playing the baby mama is pretty funny.

I think the Ellie storyline got some hits in the recaps, but I loved and laughed at it because as someone who largely endeavors to surf only in my mind, I know that I too would largely be a "wave sitter".

And I really really *must have* Laurie's star shirt, it's gonna bug me till I find it.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum