Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commercials

+56
Coneycat
00redsvt
truecrystal
Never Enough
Binky
big chicken
Putli Bai
killershrew
Crackie
FiggyPudding
Carrie Ann
mialoubug
lil d
Shadowlass
Cynara
Tabby
The Lady of Shalott
Gilraen
Poubelle
Jessica
Heather
NewYorkStranger
xyzzy
biakbiak
Snarryfan
tothemax
bookworm
caltrask55
Rhilin
Wildog27
oxymoron
blixie
Instant Monkeys
punzy
Raksha
Nerg
laddical
maxell131313
laurelin_kit
inversed
mokey75
sen3
mrinsouciance
particle_person
Eris Rising
salamandersam
Raised by wolves
chibimanda
naughty zoot
philophobe
The Dude
whatthedeuce
nikita
jcpdiesel21
Lily Rose
Unlucky Bear
60 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Commercials - Page 5 Empty Re: Commercials

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:53 am

A couple things I noticed over the weekend:

1. Watched a cinnamon toast crunch commercial where the little toasts high dive into the bowl of milk - and proceed to cannibalize one another. Mildly creepy.

2. Could have sworn I saw Eliza Dushku in a bit part of a Northern bath tissue commerical. Has her career taken an enormous nosedive?

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:28 am

I love the Honda commercial where the bulldog owner looking for his keys ends up at the vet. I didn't get the joke until he held the dog up to the car to close the sunroof and they explained that the keys just need to be close to the car to work. Ah, pets. The neverending well of true stories about what they eat.

Also, I hate every Geico ad ever. Hated the cavemen, still hate the gecko and the new commercials with the washed up nostalgia acts* and hipsters musician tagliners can go away yesterday.

*The Gallagher one is bad enough but the Eddie Money one is *cringeworthy*. He can't even sing his own songs anymore and his eyes look possessed. I hope that ad is enough money for him to live out a good life because after that commercial, I don't think anyone would hire him again.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:49 am

Raised by wolves wrote:I love the Honda commercial where the bulldog owner looking for his keys ends up at the vet. I didn't get the joke until he held the dog up to the car to close the sunroof and they explained that the keys just need to be close to the car to work. Ah, pets. The neverending well of true stories about what they eat.
Hahaha, I also love that one. The song is just perfect. And the look on the guy's face when he sees the dog and does this like resigned sigh. And then holding him up to the car to unlock it while the dog is all deadpan-mopey.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:09 pm

OK, I feel completely stupid because I had NO idea that the dog ate the keys in that ad. I just thought the guy was, I don't know, super indulgent for carrying the dog to the car for a vet trip. I also don't like Honda, so there's that.
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:45 pm

I don't have much use for AT&T's shitty service, but their ad campaign with the market research exec questioning the little kids in the classroom is just damn hilarious. The guy plays the straight exec perfectly, and the kids - well, they're kids. I can only imagine what comedy gold got left on the cutting room floor because it just wasn't right for broadcast.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:36 pm

I've never had a problem with AT&T, but I honestly haven't ever paid much attention to my phone carriers. I barely noticed when we made the switch from Sprint to Cingular way back when there was a Cingular.

But I really do *love* those ads. Especially the one with the little boy just flailing around to show how he can do two things at once. "Hold on. I'm watching this."
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:17 pm

laddical wrote:Especially the one with the little boy just flailing around to show how he can do two things at once. "Hold on. I'm watching this."
I crack up at that every. single. time. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but the exec is just so earnest about it, heh.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:06 pm

We say "That's a pain in the buns" all the time now because of that guy. I love the little girl who responds to the "What are some things that are fast?" with "My mom's car. And a cheetah."

Speaking of funny kids, we love the Play 60 ad with Cam Newton talking to this kid about how if he practices every day, he can grow up to be big and strong like Cam. But then the kid's questions start escalating, until he's talking about how he could become the Panthers starting QB and Cam can be his backup, and then finishes with, "And become your mom's favorite player?"
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:31 pm

I crack up on the treehouse one when the one girl says if it's bigger then you can have a disco, and the kids all start chair-dancing and arm-motioning.

Yeah, the guy is pure gold; how he holds it together so perfectly is impressive.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Perhaps I'm being a Grinch, but I don't like those commercials because to me they seem like a blatant ripoff of the Flight of the Conchords video with the kids in the classroom thinking up ideas for the song for charity. Which I adore so hard it hurts. This just feels really similar (even the classrooms look similar) and bums me out because it's a phone commercial. :/ Sorry to harsh the buzz; feel free to disregard me. :)

"Sasha, what were you THINKING, drinking bubble mixture?" "I wanted to turn into a bubble."
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:08 pm

You're dead to me!
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  FiggyPudding Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:51 pm

mrinsouciance wrote:I don't have much use for AT&T's shitty service, but their ad campaign with the market research exec questioning the little kids in the classroom is just damn hilarious. The guy plays the straight exec perfectly, and the kids - well, they're kids. I can only imagine what comedy gold got left on the cutting room floor because it just wasn't right for broadcast.

I love these commercials so much. The ad exec is perfect.

FiggyPudding

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:01 pm

The old man with the bowtie in the H&R Block commercials is so adorable, I want to hire him to be my grandpa. When he does that surprised face, it kills me.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm home today and tomorrow watching the NCAA tournament, and have caught two new basketball related AT&T ads with the guy and the kids. Both, of course, are hilarious, especially the ones with the high-fiving. "No, I was raising my hand!"

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:31 pm

The one with the girl rambling about the werewolf and his "Um... what?" is my new favorite.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:53 pm

The AT&T ads for the NCAA tournament:

Nicky Flash

Pickle Roll

High Fives

The look the little girl gives him in the High Fives one absolutely kills me every time.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:38 pm

K-Mart pushes some limits. Juvenile, crude, and so very funny.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:33 pm

It's obvious I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old because that is hilarious. And I spy Kenny from My Boys!

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Crackie Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:34 pm

I was just coming here to post that. Because my inner 12 year old boy is dying here.

Crackie

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Nothing like a little potty humor, and that was nothing like a LITTLE potty humor.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:34 am

I just about shipped my pants laughing at that.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Tue May 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Nimoy and Quinto in the greatest car commercial ever.

For me, it passed from "what a great idea" to "legendary" once I realized what Nimoy was singing in the car.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue May 07, 2013 2:54 pm

AND HE WAS SINGIN' THE BALLAD OF BILBO BAGGINS. SERIOUSLY. The only way that could be more awesome is if they have him sing that song for the soundtrack of one of the Hobbit movies.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Wed May 08, 2013 8:07 am

The lens flares on the Audi made it art. Well, that and the thing that happens at the end.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Wed May 08, 2013 9:58 am

"Bilbo Baggins, yeahhhh" is what put me over the edge. Awesome.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum