Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leverage

+13
Miss Moneypenny
whatthedeuce
blixie
Jamie
leone
mrinsouciance
big chicken
Raksha
jcpdiesel21
Cutebutpsycho
Unlucky Bear
QueenSix
maxell131313
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Leverage Empty Leverage

Post  maxell131313 Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:28 am

New season starts this Sunday! I hope they move forward with Hardison and Parker's relationship. I like the fact that they've moved slow and kind of easing her into being a couple as opposed to always being solo.

And is it wrong I'd like Elliot to be a bit... less cranky? I'm not saying he has to become Mr. Rogers, but it seemed like everything pissed him off last season.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Leverage Empty Re: Leverage

Post  QueenSix Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:24 am

I have only recently started watching this show, as of last week. F/X UK are airing it during the day and I caught the last few episodes of season 1. I only had it on the background when I was doing some baking, next thing I know I'm setting my DVR to record all episodes.

I'm not sure enough of the characters yet to have an opinion on them but I like the team dynamic. I'm also finding Christian Kane a lot sexier than I did when he was in Angel. It might be the hair, I'm not sure.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Yay! I love this show. I find Christian Kane ridiculously hot.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:09 pm

I love this show like whoa. I adore everything about it and also got sucked into the Leverage RPG because of it. And Will Wheaton as Chaos is just awesome.

Queensix you're on the first season? I've been craving the pilot as of late. Sophie's intro was golden.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:52 pm

maxell131313 wrote:New season starts this Sunday!
Technically, it's the back end of season 4, but minor quibbling point since: new episodes! And there are seven more to look forward to and it looks like they'll run through January, so it won't be like last season when the show briefly returned from its midseason break for only two weeks of new episodes.

I've been lukewarm on this season so far. There have been a handful of episodes that I've really enjoyed, but many have been forgettable compared to earlier seasons. But I have enjoyed watching Hardison and Parker's relationship evolve, and look forward to seeing more of this.

I also enjoy Christian Kane as Eliot. I don't particularly care for his longer hair, but I really like the character and his attitude. There was one point during the series where his hair was a little longer and it looked like he was randomly styling it with some feathers, which: NO. Bad look for you, Christian.

Last edited by jcpdiesel21 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:58 am

Yay, my show is coming back! I'm so happy!

Does anyone else read John Rogers' blog? He's running a bit behind lately, but he does eisode post-games where he makes a general comment thread where people can ask questions, then he goes through and answers a bunch of them. They're really interesting!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:41 am

Cutebutpsycho wrote:Queensix you're on the first season? I've been craving the pilot as of late. Sophie's intro was golden.

I haven't seen the pilot. The first season was near the end when I got to watching. But knowing F/X UK and taking into consideration the fact that they are showing the complete seasons of NCIS again since the summer, I'm sure I'll catch it sooner rather than later.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:08 am

OMG. THE PILOT. SO GOOD. But I've also been craving bits of the first season like the upcoming Season finale. That was well crafted in my mind.

Raksha, I also read John Rogers' blog -- have you seen his twitter feed? I find a lot of that interesting also, along the lines of his writing approach.

I think I'm waiting for a gem from this season. Honestly I can't think of one that really stands out. However, I love the Cross My Heart Job simply because it showed that Nate really isn't a nice guy. He's like this weird avenging angel at times.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:13 am

Yeah, I read his twitter feed too. There's fun bits on there a lot.

Is it wrong that I find Miserable Bastard Nate delightful? I was cackling and clapping my hands during that last scene with the model ship and the threatening of the asshole who tried to steal that kid's heart.

I'm kind of waiting for a gem this season, too. There have been parts of episodes that I loved, but no entire episode that I just adored with the intensity of, say, "The Roshamon Job" or the first and second "David Job." I think the "Cross My Heart Job" was my favorite one this season (so far, anyway) in general, just because it was fun to see the team have to start from scratch and work under a major time crunch. "The Grave Danger Job" was pretty good in that it let Aldis do some heavy lifting in the acting department (not that I don't love his humor, it's just that he can do more) and the hug from Eliot was really sweet. I think Eliot has gotten a bit one note lately with the constantly being pissed off, so it was nice to see that underneath, he really does like these people.

I'm really looking forward to the second half of this season. The episode descriptions have been released by TNT (you can read them here) and I can't wait for
Spoiler:
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:16 pm

I love bastard Nate. People forget that when he is angry and vengeful, his retribution is compete and swift.

I'm hoping the episodes you alluded to are the ones I'll remember with a big grin. Admittedly I do adore the Boiler Room job on repeat viewings because of the end con. And Eliot is awesome as the whacked-out guide. He has been grumpy, but I wonder if some of it is a buildup chafing with Nate that will come to a head soon.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:40 pm

I do love it when Nate says, "Well, first we need to steal the White House" or something just as seemingly impossible.

"First we need to steal this mountain."

"But we've already stolen a mountain!"

"No, technically, that was just a ski lodge."

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:51 pm

"Let's go steal a Department of Defense."

"Isn't that treason?"

"...We'll give it back."
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:25 pm

Thought last night's ep was really funny. I've never actually seen The Office so I'm sure some of the jokes went over my head, but thought the "confessionals" were great and especially the Hardison/Elliot back and forth about the missing sandwich (although in my head I was hearing Ross Gellar's "My sandwich? MY SANDWICH!!") and Elliot saying no one throws Hardison off a roof but him.

Especially hilarious was how in love the director was with Parker. "You have the SOUL of a German!!". I'll never look at Eskimo Kisses the same way.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:48 pm

"Shrew? SHREW? SHREW?!?!"

Eliot's detailed description of his gourmet sandwich was hilarious.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:33 pm

"I. LOVE. FOREPLAY."

And Hardison admitting he stole the sandwich was gold. It was a lightweight heist, but the comedy more than made up for it.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:06 pm

I've missed a few episodes of season 2 and suddenly Sophie is gone and Jeri Ryan is filling in for her. What's that about? Sophie comes back, right?
RIGHT????

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Yes. In the real world, Gina Bellman was off having a baby. In Leverage world, Sophie has a freakout and takes off to find herself for a while, but sends one of her fellow grifters to help out the crew until she comes back. So don't worry!
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Don't worry?? How can you be so flippant?! I'm waiting for Sophie and Nate to continue their relationship which, I hope, will lead to an eventual understanding between them and there's no Sophie and Nate is drinking again! Woes!!!
God, I love this show.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:48 pm

One thing the show did which I really appreciated when Gina was on maternity leave was they allowed the gang to be ambivalent about Jeri Ryan's character. It took a while for some of them to trust her and Tara didn't immediately fall in with the gang's philanthropic philosophy. The show allowed me to work through my feelings about her through the other characters. If they had all immediately loved her, I'd have been resentful on Sophie's behalf and I'd have resisted liking Tara. But they made her different enough from Sophie for me to think of her as just another character who was doing Sophie's job within the gang rather than a replacement character.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:26 pm

What I also love too with Tara is that she wasn't a Sophie clone. Tara's more rough around the edges unlike Sophie (or if you play the RPG -- which I do because I'm that big of a nerd), she's primarily a grifter, but I suspect hitter is her secondary talent.

I also love that Tara wasn't interested in getting friendly with the crew in the beginning. She didn't give a fuck about what they thought of her. She was doing this as a favor to Sophie, who was her friend. If anything, that made me more intersted in those two together. I'd love to see a movie or something where they're on the road, grifting together.

ETA: QueenSix -- this means that you saw the Two Live Crew Job -- one of my favorite episodes!
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Cutebutpsycho, actually I didn't. I just looked up the episode list on IMDB and I missed up to The Runway Job, which I found hilariously brilliant. They show them at 2pm and then at 6pm and there were some days I just wasn't home. Actually I must check the DVR and see if I had it set to record all episodes. If so, I'm in the clear. If not, then WOES!!!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:22 pm

You will seriously love the Two Live Crew Job. It's just brilliant. I can't say how much I love it because it requires me flailing and going "OMGTHATWASSOFUCKINGCOOLDIDYOUSEETHAT?"
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:04 am

Two Live Crew Job was indeed awesome. Apollo! Chaos! Hot Girl Whose Name I Forgot!

Speaking of Tara:
Spoiler:

I think another thing the show did right when they brought Tara in was that Sophie still had a presence in the show. There was a little phone call or video conference with her in most (all?) of the episodes and the characters were clearly working through their own feelings about her absence. I think that also helped the feeling that Tara wasn't meant to replace Sophie and made it easier to approach Tara as her own character rather than comparing her to Sophie.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:59 pm

So we got to the end of season 2 and the OMGWTF!! of the last few minutes of the episode and then F/X UK go right back to the beginning. Again. So while I'm getting to catch up on the early episodes I missed, I need to know what happens next!

I heart this show so much!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:24 pm

I swear, the end of season 2 is Nate learning to deal with the fact that he's a thief and going off the rails because Sophie's not around. I found that interesting because it's obvious she gets to him in a way that no one else can. Tara's not going to care about him enough to do this. It was admittedly cringe-inducing to watch Nate fall apart, but I loved it as a viewer.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum