Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amy Poehler

3 posters

Go down

Amy Poehler Empty Amy Poehler

Post  blixie Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:02 am

I feel like I need to talk about how awesome Amy is to make up for how much I crack on her tv show. My favorite sketch of hers at SNL was Amy's Room. "I don't just want to shop at The Limited, I want to WORK at The Limited." Her rapping pregnant in 2008 is also a major highlight.

OH OH and I finally found video of the time U2 played the show and at around 12:45 during I Will Follow, you can see the whole cast just geeking out completely, and Amy is that girl at the concert who Bono hugs and she breaks down crying into his chest. Talk about a Stars Are Just Like You moment.

Her friendship with Tina Fey is just the icing on the awesome cake.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Amy Poehler Empty Re: Amy Poehler

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:14 pm

blixie wrote:I feel like I need to talk about how awesome Amy is to make up for how much I crack on her tv show. My favorite sketch of hers at SNL was Amy's Room. "I don't just want to shop at The Limited, I want to WORK at The Limited." Her rapping pregnant in 2008 is also a major highlight.
Oh lordy I love that sketch so much. Since I grew up right near there, and right around that time, you might say it especially resonates, hee. AND I knew a girl in seventh grade who was OBSESSED with Bon Jovi. Like, she would tape MTV all day while she was at school in case Bon Jovi was on.

I had a long period of time where I was really cool toward Amy Poehler, when she first started at SNL. I just felt like she was in every single sketch all of a sudden and I got really sick of her. Plus I felt like the minute she showed up they sidelined Rachel Dratch. But I'm over it now, and I adore her.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:12 pm

I had a long period of time where I was really cool toward Amy Poehler, when she first started at SNL.

Nope I actually agree she had a really rough time in the beginning of SNL, I think she had to adjust to the...broadness of the medium, which is not to say that working at SC/Upright wasn't broad, just that a lot of people who are great at improve don't always adapt well to how much *acting* is required in an actual written sketch. I obvs still don't think she's that great an actor, but I do think she's goddamn hilarious as herself basically which she is of course playing off of in the Bon Jovi sketch. I think it was a breakthrough when they paired her with Tina at the News desk, and she really took off from there.

I still love her part in the first Hip Hop Kids sketch: You gotta recognize your sedimentary rock formations!

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Am I the only one who is neutral on her? She's okay, but nothing to write home about.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum