Stars I Like

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stars I Like

Post  blixie on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:43 pm

He is literally THE BEST. I love that Anna and her friend keep dumping on him.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:36 pm

Everytime there's a notification about this thread, I now automatically assume that Chris Pratt has done something adorable again. "Ah, my buttcrack!" So adorbs.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Another update for the Chris Pratt thread: Chris Pratt dresses as Star-Lord at a children's hospital.
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:03 am

According to the video on that page, Pratt stole a version of the costume specifically so he could go entertain sick kids in hospitals.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Lis on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:54 am

It's also lovely how he didn't publicly talk or post anything about that hospital visit himself, or ahd the press interview him, or anything. The children's hospital teeted about it, and a reddit user informed the Huffington Post...

And yay, Patrick Stewart! It's gotten a bit to the point where people forget about the significance of the ice (the general numbness and inability to breathe caused by ALS) as well as the actual goal, to raise money against the disease. Very classy, Captain!

Last edited by Lis on Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lis

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:18 pm

Oh, so THAT's the significance of the ice. I honestly wanted to know and yet somehow kept forgetting to Google it.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:33 pm

Amy Poehler is all over the place this week, as her book is coming out, and she is just SUCH A DELIGHT. I listened to interviews with her on Howard Stern and Fresh Air today - both were wonderful, insightful, hilarious (and one was full of profanity), and just reminded me again how much I enjoy her. She has many more layers to her than I think people realize, and happily it sounds like her book is going to show that. (She wrote, "My vagina is the Angelina Jolie of vaginas," to try to get the editors to use it as a pull quote and includes sex tips for both men and women, just for a Stern-y example, but also talked to Fresh Air about her struggles to figure out how to be a working mom.)

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:48 pm

I love her. I think she's smart and funny and kick ass, and I cannot wait to get my hands on her book.
She's doing an AMA at Reddit right now.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:36 am

Meryl Streep seems to have a crush on a fellow actor, and the identity of the focus of her affections is as unexpected as it is adorable.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:46 am

Haha! She can't even crush on a fellow celeb without being utterly charming!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:58 am

That strikes me as funnier than it should in my own head because I keep thinking that Meryl played the Emma Thompson role in Stranger Than Fiction. Now it's going to be even harder for me to keep that straight because I'll have this mental image of Streep creating her perfect man to go with it.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:16 am

Meryl Streep must have a thing for guys that aren't considered conventionally attractive. In the 70s she was with John Cazale who also wasn't stereotypically handsome.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:31 am

Yeah, she doesn't seem like the type who'd be attracted to some run-of-the-mill pretty boy or anything.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:50 am

Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:40 pm

That's great, although I read that as 'I'm a fucking chiropractor', and thought she had gone back to school or something. Either way, good on her.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Same here. I thought she'd become a chirpractot, and was like, "What a practical career move!"

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Chris Pratt and Chris Evans continue to be awesome.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Has anyone actually confirmed that they are real, living, breathing beings? My mind refuses to believe those guys are truly just that awesome.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Decades ago as part of a long, Sidious-like plot to take over the entire entertainment industry, Stan the Man engaged in a Victor von Doom-like mix of magic and science to breed the perfect movie stars to headline Marvel's eventual world-dominating movie studio.

There have been missteps. Some at Marvel tried to jump the gun, selling off parts of the Empire for a song and plunging the world into the darkness that was Dolph Lundgren's "Punisher" and Roger Corman's "Fantastic Four".

But Stan never wavered, particularly where his pet project, "Project CHRIS" was concerned. Not every subject of those dark experiments worked, but Chrises Five, Eight, and Sixteen have succeeded beyond his wildest imaginings.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:38 am

I know that he gets a lot of criticism here, and he's earned much of it, but total credit to Adam Levine for his compassionate, thoughtful reaction to a young fan with Down's Syndrome who was panicking at the thought of meeting his idol.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:47 am

That is absolutely cool and compassionate. Props to Adam Levine for that.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:29 pm

What a genuinely nice story. Good on him for that.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:07 am

Kathy Griffin quits Fashion Police over body-shaming issues, following Kelly Osbourne out the door.

"Let me introduce myself. Hi, my name is Kathy Griffin. I'm 54, have written and starred in 23 stand-up comedy specials, I have two EMMYS, a Grammy, a NYTimes #1 Bestseller, decades of activism for the #LGBT community, have performed for the troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, among many other things. When I chose to step into the shoes of my beloved friend Joan Rivers at Fashion Police, I was thrilled to continue her legacy as a woman being brash and eccentric on television. I am a freedom-loving female and gay rights activist who loves to find the funny in all people, attitudes, beliefs, and appearances, but only when the context permits intelligent humor. I thought that I could bring my brand of humor to Fashion Police so that beautiful people in beautiful dresses could be teased when appropriate. My brand of humor, while unrepentant and unafraid, is all about CONTEXT. There is plenty to make fun of in pop culture without bringing people's bodies into it. Again people…context! Listen, I'm no saint — I'm a feminist AND a Gurrrrl who loves an offensive joke or a well-timed barb and you will find plenty in my repertoire. But I do not want to use my comedy to contribute to a culture of unattainable perfectionism and intolerance towards difference. I want to help women, gay kids, people of color and anyone who feels underrepresented to have a voice and a LAUGH! That has been my platform for decades and my body of work speaks for itself. After 7 epodes of Fashion Police, I discovered that my style does not fit with the creative direction of the show & now it's time to move on. I wish E! and the E! only the best and I hope to continue to make you all laugh performing live or on television where I can be smart, irreverent, unrepentant and unafraid in an observational way that is candid, honest and justified. Thank you to my fans for taking the ride with me. See you at the gay bars…and the MF-ing KENNEDY CENTER Saturday, June 20 and everywhere else! Tickets on sale at KathyGriffin.com. How's that for #unapologetic?"

I've always been neutral on Griffin, but this inspires some respect for her in me.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:18 pm

She always annoyed me (says a lot for my prejudices I guess) but that quote has earned her my respect. However, this made me roll my oversensitized Tumblr eyes a little:

I want to help women, gay kids, people of color and anyone who feels underrepresented to have a voice and a LAUGH!

I'm all for being an advocate and a supporter, but claiming to be a voice for the oppressed comes across a touch cringy from a wealthy, straight white woman.
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top