Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars I Like

+87
mrinsouciance
Bad Username
Disclaimer
Swarley
LadyGayle
chick binewski
Morning Angel
Grainne Mhaol
jennlynnster
Wildog27
Matinee
gannetguts
Nerg
mandalaya
The Dude
year of the cat
Skyblade
eco
naughty zoot
Melk
Binky
Corvus
katesti
Raised by wolves
Cynara
emrie
puddingcup
rat kitten
mayram
swsa
Rhilin
darthtall
Soleil
lil d
Poubelle
mokey75
laurelin_kit
laddical
vwlphb
EggSpreader
Unlucky Bear
Carrie Ann
Red Wolf
epudom
jstilwe
TiffanyNichelle
BreezyK
maxell131313
bbridges
Decca
Escape
The Glen
Never Enough
Raksha
particle_person
inversed
punkysdilemma
Crowbridge
big chicken
sagitare
MtOlivePickles
dinahmoe
Coneycat
biakbiak
Paris, Texas
Instant Monkeys
Herinice
Kiran
ActonBell
Renny Sue
punzy
Eris Rising
Putli Bai
truecrystal
Shadowlass
blixie
nikita
jcpdiesel21
NewYorkStranger
Cutebutpsycho
Miss Moneypenny
Auroura76
queenofdenile
whatthedeuce
Gillian
Lis
caltrask55
91 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Stars I Like - Page 14 Empty Re: Stars I Like

Post  Kiran Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:19 pm

Well, tbf, she does say she wants to help them have a voice in that quote not be their voice.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:09 pm

Given the exits of KG and KO, and the support they've received for those decisions, I can't help but wonder if Giuliana Rancic has much of a future in terms of the red carpet shows, or whether she's considered damaged goods moving forward. It's one thing when the people you're trying to interview despise you behind the scenes or in private, but when it's aired out in public like this? Interesting.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:07 pm

E! News and the network in general were never a bastion of hard hitting journalism but for all that, there's been a change in direction on that network since the mid 2000's when the news shows would start off trumpeting Young Hollywood and feature all things Paris Hilton. Before that, you could actually get some entertainment news that was news, and when Giuliana was paired with Patrick Stinson on the red carpet as well doing the news show together, they were great. She was so much better. Why, I remember when they were covering a red carpet shindig and news was trickling down that Britney Spears was marrying Kevin Federline that same night and there was none of the nonsense like they get on with now.

I appreciate that a lot of the change has to do with the development of TMZ and the fact that social media and the internet is way more advanced thatn it was ten or so years ago and a network that deals with celebrities and calls itself E! has to go with trends or be left behind. But that doesn't mean it's good policy!

TL;DR: the E! network has gone to hell and Giuliana has gone along with it. Which is a shame because she actually is a journalist and instead is reduced to puff pieces about people's nails.

(If you're thinking that this is a strange thing for me to be any kind of soapbox about, you should remember that from 2004 onwards I was stuck at home for the most part with illness so I watched a lot of TV and read a lot of magazines. The speculation about Britney Spears' wedding that night was, apart from a hospital visit, the highlight of my week.)

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:51 pm

I also think fashion police was SO associated with Joan Rivers (starting from the fashion police specials, which were also higher end back in the day. I mean they had Andre Leon Talley) I think its pretty much a sinking ship of a franchise.

I DO think Giuliana had an actually genuine apology. Like, I don't know if she wrote it or meant it, but it was an actually GOOD apology, so that might save her, but I think herself as a personality has not been liked in years. I mostly just feel sorry for her (her general thinnification, and she once posted her diet and i read it and ....I really do genuinely think she needs help), but its clear to me that even Ryan Seacrest can't stand her. So I think this might be close to the end of the road with her, especially since they had Maria Meunonos doing the SAGs.

I get you btw. I used to love E! and I still miss E!True Hollywood Story back when it was good.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:15 pm

I also think fashion police was SO associated with Joan Rivers (starting from the fashion police specials, which were also higher end back in the day. I mean they had Andre Leon Talley) I think its pretty much a sinking ship of a franchise.

Exactly. It used to be about the fashion, the clothes exclusively. The person wearing them naturally came in for some stick when it came to some of the more unusual designs that didn't work, and naturally with Joan Rivers, the remarks tended to be quite caustic at times but for all that it was way more enjoyable.

I think letting Ryan Seacrest anywhere near that network was a foolish move. I blame you, American Idol, for foisting him upon the world! You should have left him as a DJ on the radio with that other guy who only lasted one season presenting AI, IIRC.

When I was at my sickest, my hair looked dreadful and there was nothing I could do with it, there was no hiding that it was incredibly lacklustre. That's what Giuliana's hair has reminded me of for a long time now.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Yeah I am not really buying this as the reason Kathy is leaving the show. Also, she totally threw Guilliani under the bus because G first stated that Zednya smelled like "patchouli and...." and it was Kathy who threw out weed first and G repeated it so her "a man wrote that joke" response was weird and disingenuous.

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:18 pm

I just watched Aziz Ansari's new standup show from Madison Square Garden (it's on Netflix now) and I'm coming to terms with how much I adore him.

When I first saw him on Parks and Rec and stuff, I thought he was funny but kind of whiny/annoying/immature. But I loved his recent remarks on feminism and this show was not only funny, he had some really insightful things to say about today's culture of cell phones and how we treat friends/relationships that really spoke to me. It was entirely relatable and it also was a great perspective on why we so often feel lonely these days.

And then he shared all this cute stuff he says to his girlfriend and hugged his parents and he's really so sweet!

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:18 pm

emrie wrote:I just watched Aziz Ansari's new standup show from Madison Square Garden (it's on Netflix now) and I'm coming to terms with how much I adore him.

When I first saw him on Parks and Rec and stuff, I thought he was funny but kind of whiny/annoying/immature. But I loved his recent remarks on feminism and this show was not only funny, he had some really insightful things to say about today's culture of cell phones and how we treat friends/relationships that really spoke to me. It was entirely relatable and it also was a great perspective on why we so often feel lonely these days.

And then he shared all this cute stuff he says to his girlfriend and hugged his parents and he's really so sweet!

His bit at the James Franco roast was brilliant and subversive (in that it turned the entire "roast" concept around) as he bashed everyone at the dais who had made homophobic jokes about Franco. "What, do you think that if you crack open a book, dicks are going to start flying at your face?"
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:41 am

Also, when he pointed out that 90% of the jokes about himself were cliched bullshit about his race.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:54 am

Angelina Jolie. I had a hormonal cancer recently that resulted in the removal of one of my ovaries. I was lucky. My fertility should be okay, and I don't require further surgery. I'm lucky. But it really put a light on an emphasis on how much importance we place on a woman's sexual organs. When people found out what surgery I was getting the responses I got in some corners stunned me. I so admire her for speaking out about this.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:57 pm

I just love her so much, and I love how straightforward she is in this article and in the previous one about her mastectomy.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:37 am

I said this back when Jolie went public with her mastectomy, but I am so thankful that she is being upfront and open about this. Being BRCA-positive means this is in my future too and it just makes me feel better to see that it's possible to go through these surgeries and still feel beautiful and feminine.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Kelly Clarkson:
So sometimes I'm more fit and I get into kickboxing hardcore. And then sometimes I don't and I'm like ... I'd rather have wine.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Wed May 20, 2015 8:29 pm

I don't know how I missed this months ago: Chris Pratt, Chris Evans, and Jimmy Fallon photobomb people at the Super Bowl.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 20, 2015 9:16 pm

I absolutely love spotting photobombers in my pics because they add unexpected flavor and character. If it were those three guys in the backdrop, I would treasure that photo forever!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:29 pm

I love the hell out of Tatum Channing Tatum (though I've only liked ONE of his movies - 21 Jump Street), but he's on the stump for Magic Mike XXL (which I think looks a ton more fun than the first one.) And between his appearance in the Pride Parade and recent AMA I'm just reminded how utterly fucking likable and charming he is, him and the Rock need to have a Nice Off.

I'll just leave this quote from the AMA about his costar Matt Bomer here:

“No matter if you’re a man, woman, cat, hamster, you will get lost in Matt Bomer’s eyes. I don’t know what they are made of outside of dreams and rainbows and amazingness but it truly doesn’t matter."

True words never spoken.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Channing Tatum Channing is the best. THE BEST.

That is all.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:13 pm

The rest of that Matt Bomer's Eyes answer was gold too: "I don't know what they are made of outside of dreams and rainbows and amazingness but it truly doesn't matter. And when he sings. It's like God gave with both hands and then grew a third hand and graced him with more. He's crazy talented."

Chan-Chan! He is so lovable.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:16 pm

Channing Tatum just seems like a genuinely nice and laidback guy and such a goofball.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:34 am

I don't read a lot of GQ interviews, but this one from four years ago always cracks me up. It's totally what I would expect hanging out with Channing Tatum would be like ALL THE TIME.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Decca Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:42 pm

And more in the category of Channing Tatum is a sweetheart.

Decca

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Awww, that's a small act but such a kind one.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:38 am

Just saw Trainwreck which turned my run-of-the-mill Bill Hader affection into a full-blown crush. Not only was I impressed with his acting, but he's got some weird dorky sex appeal and just seems like such a nice funny guy in interviews. The very fact that he never set out to act, ended up on SNL pretty randomly, spent a lot of it utterly anxious, and still seems kinda baffled by it all just makes me love him more. (If anyone is looking to get onboard the train, this interview is long but delightful.)

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:34 am

I'm with you, I love Bill Hader. I'm so happy he's getting more roles. He seems like a delightful guy.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:57 pm

Guys, Aziz Ansari is just the CUTEST.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down