Earworms

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Earworms

Post  Crowbridge on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm ashamed of this one, but Circles from Christina Aguilera's new album is a new favorite of mine. So ashamed.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Demi Lovato's Heart Attack is lodged firmly in my brain, and that's exactly where I want it to stay. 1D's Heart Attack is catchy as well, but Demi's trumps it completely.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:31 am

The Owlbear Song. It's a fun little ditty, but everything loses its charm after two hours.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:12 pm

This is not helping my earworm!

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:18 am

Okay okay okay Imagine Dragons, I give, Radioactive has taken over every corner of my mind.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:51 am

For some reason, Imagine Dragons sets my teeth on edge. Their sudden popularity mystifies me. I do admit though that I sometimes find myself wanting to yell "Radioactive, radioactive!"

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:11 am

Article about the world's catchiest songs. We Are The Champions? Really? I would have expected We Will Rock You or Bohemian Rhapsody. In fact, I can't even call Champions to mind right now. All that comes into my head is Somebody to Love. The whole top ten is odd, too. I wouldn't have put any of those on my list. I'm not sure what would be on my list, but none of those. Snarkers, your thoughts?

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:56 pm

I'd go with We Are the Champions as being supremely catchy. Particularly at sporting events. I can see a case for most of the top ten, but not number 3, 5,6 and 7 like....really? Sum 41?
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:57 pm

I don't know that I would have picked it, but I was sure rocking out to it on the way home from work today!
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Sum 41 was definitely the most "WTF?!" song for me. The rest I can kind of see, I guess. But I would pick "I Want to Break Free" as the more catchy Queen song.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:21 am

The Fox aka Gangnam Style 2013

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:07 pm

I have such terrible taste in music sometimes.  I swear.  Katy Perry's Roar is growing on me.  Like an unwanted mole but what can you do?  It's so cliched.  Seriously.  It's like she ripped off every inspirational cheesy cliche she could think of and smashed it into a song that is right this second worming into my brain and has me thinking "Yes, it's not good but it's catchy and easy to sing along with. Just enjoy it".  So I surrender.  You won this one Perry.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:10 pm

It sounds like something from High School Musical to me, because of all those cliches and super-literal metaphors. I'm like a tiger, ya see, so...
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:36 pm

My two-and-a-half year old loves it and sings it adorably loudly in the car ("Can we listen to Katy Perry, Mama?"), so I love it.

Katy's really grown on me recently - I watched her movie twice in one week recently, once on a sick day and once after twelve straight episodes of Dexter when we needed a break - and she is really pretty delightful. I showed a few of the performances in it to my daughter (we were *both* sick, I should clarify), and then she busted me watching the VMA performance. Which, frankly, was fine - I'd much rather her see Katy being tough in a boxing ring than any of the other nonsense that went on that night.

tl;dr - I really enjoy Katy and am looking forward to the new album. No shame here.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:28 am

If you had told me a few years ago that not only would a parent say they'd prefer their young child to watch Katy "My Boobs Shoot Whipped Cream!" Perry perform over Disney star Miley Cyrus, but that they'd be completely right and rational about that choice? I would never have believed you. Both singers have changed so much. (Only Ms. Perry can rightfully claim to have matured, though.)
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:58 am

I finally watched the Blurred Lines video and a bunch of the parodies to see what everyone was talking about (yes, I am old and out of it), and now I can't get the stupid song out of my head. Also: lyrics, what?! And: video, huh?! Ugh.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  airisu on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:19 am

The Blurred Lines lyrics are terrible, but I have to admit that the song is super catchy. The "Hey hey hey..." chorus gets stuck in my head.

airisu

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:52 am

Even my 57-year old dad had the "hey hey hey" part stuck in his head for weeks. He'd just randomly yell it out at me sometimes.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:02 am

Somehow I have managed to avoid the song, the video and the parodies. I have no idea what its all about and I am so happy to be able to say that!
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:21 pm

I was you, mialoubug, but I gave into curiosity. Don't do as I did! I did like the song (not lyrics), the first time I heard it, but it's a serious earworm, and it's disturbing to have that low "You know you want it" going around in my head. Less disturbing, but even more catchy, yes, the hey hey hey part.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Don't do as I did! I did like the song (not lyrics), the first time I heard it, but it's a serious earworm,
Well even that can be attributed to how much the song lifts musically from Marvin Gaye's "Got to Give it Up", which is why Thicke et al sued his estate before his estate could sue them.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:28 pm

Wait, Robin Thicke sued Gaye's estate? On what grounds?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Gaye sued Thicke, I believe. But I listened to the Gaye song after I heard about the suit, and I don't think they have a claim. Madonna has a much better suit against Gaga, I'd say.

ETA: No, I'm wrong. Thicke sought a pre-emptive ruling that his song did NOT infringe Gaye's copyright.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:39 pm

I think the song is beyond homage but falls short of copyright infringement, squarely in the non-legal and in my personal artistic judgement category of RIPOFF, especially since the message in Gaye's song is so comparatively modern and women/human postive: you can love me when you want to babe compared to the gross messaging in Blurred Lines.

My jam right now is Marshall's Berzerk, also a song that borrows heavily from 2 different artists, but I assume they got clearance from Squier on the heavy sample of The Stroke, and Em's more honest about the ways he's evoking the Beasties, especially in the video.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:15 pm

I thought that the song was intentionally sampling Gaye's music and had assuned permission was sought and granted.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top