Earworms

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Earworms

Post  schwa on Thu May 17, 2012 12:03 am

Doesn't the singer in "We Are Young" talk about the woman having a scar he had given to her "months ago"? Followed by "holes in [his] apologies"?

I couldn't really catch the lyrics the first few times I heard it, but once I caught that and really listened to it, I'm really kind of disturbed.

My radio station tends to get songs late. They only started with We Are Young a few weeks ago. This week the "new" song is "Somebody I Used to Know" and they play it all the time. Consequently it's always stuck in my head.

schwa

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodbyeWithWords on Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 pm

"Where Have You Been" alternating with "I've Been Everywhere" which WHYB samples.

GoodbyeWithWords

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris on Fri May 25, 2012 7:25 pm

I've spent the last three days listening to "A Sweet Summer's Night on Hammer Hill" by Jens Lekman. Please send help.

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:56 pm

So I finally encountered "Call Me Maybe".

Goddammit.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:35 pm

Eris Rising wrote:So I finally encountered "Call Me Maybe".

Goddammit.

I'm sorry. (Even though I kind of love it.) Here's a version with the Roots on grade school instruments.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:17 am

Miss Moneypenny wrote:

Goddammit.

I'm sorry. (Even though I kind of love it.) Here's a version with the Roots on grade school instruments.

That's what did me in. I can't stop listening/humming it now. Dammit.

The other song that is stuck in my head is "Lights" by Ellie Goulding. I was in Europe for a bit, and the London Olympics BBC ads that were constantly airing had that song on it. So it's now lodged in my head.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:59 am

Miss Moneypenny wrote:

Goddammit.

Yeah, that's the one that made it stick. And I also kind of love it. Beiber was right about it possibly being the catchiest song ever.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:57 pm

I recently discovered Nick Cave's version of "Black Betty", and now it's devouring my brain like a starving zombie.

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Morning Angel wrote:
Miss Moneypenny wrote:

Goddammit.

Me too. And the more I listen to it, the more I realize it's a perfect poppy summer song. The whole idea of taking that chance with someone, the exhilaration and apprehension, the beat. AUGH. I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT.

I also kind of blame the Roots for making it way better.
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Escape on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Cutebutpsycho wrote:
Morning Angel wrote:
Miss Moneypenny wrote:

Goddammit.

Me too. And the more I listen to it, the more I realize it's a perfect poppy summer song. The whole idea of taking that chance with someone, the exhilaration and apprehension, the beat. AUGH. I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT.

I also kind of blame the Roots for making it way better.

It IS the perfect poppy song for the summer. Also, there's all kinds of viral dance vids to it, by multiple baseball teams. It's insane and cracking me up! As far as I can tell, it started with Harvard Baseball, but there are so many that I'm loving. The SMU Women's Rowing team are also fun, with an honorable mention to UNC Club Baseball for sheer upbeat dance moves.

Oh, ETA: Apparently A&F did a shirtless montage with their models about 5 months ago. Ladies, you're welcome.
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Here's a link to my favorite, which is a mix of most of the YouTube covers. Featuring celebrity cameos by Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Ashley Tisdale, and James Franco. It's delightful and even managed to make me like Justin Bieber for five seconds.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Call Me Maybe was written pretty much so it could be discussed in this thread. It's a ridiculous song and yet so irresistibly catchy!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:14 am

Hey Jude. It wasn't an instant thing, instead it crept up into my brain several hours later.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelmina on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:54 pm

Lucky you. The earworm I took away from the opening ceremony is Tinie Tempah's Pass Out. I is classy!
Wilhelmina

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:31 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:Call Me Maybe was written pretty much so it could be discussed in this thread. It's a ridiculous song and yet so irresistibly catchy!

I had this song suck in my head for a week and a half. Then it was supplanted by Cookie Monster's version.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Wilhelmina wrote:Lucky you. The earworm I took away from the opening ceremony is Tinie Tempah's Pass Out. I is classy!

It was Born Slippy for me. I started singing along the moment it started playing and my husband was like, "What is this song?" I was like, "Apparently someone didn't see Trainspotting six times when it came out!"
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Blow Me (One Last Kiss) by P!nk. It's summer pop song perfection. Of course, I think everything P!nk does is golden.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:43 am

Not exactly an earworm, but for the last two weeks, I swear I've heard either "Radar Love" or "Twilight Zone" at least once a day while I'm in the car. Is there some Golden Earring renaissance I don't know about?
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelmina on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:
It was Born Slippy for me. I started singing along the moment it started playing and my husband was like, "What is this song?" I was like, "Apparently someone didn't see Trainspotting six times when it came out!"

No way! But...that song is one of the definitive tunes of the nineties! And that's coming from someone who didn't see Trainspotting for about 5 years after it came out. So much better than my earworm. For what it's worth: I've started wearing my David Bowie t-shirt again thanks to the Opening Ceremony. Unfortunately neither Starman nor Heroes have the same staying power as Pass Out.
Wilhelmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:07 pm

After Call Me Maybe, I'm now victim of Carly Rae Jepsen's 2nd single, Curiosity, which was on the radio about 50 billion times during a road trip I took.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:43 pm

It's been nothing but Want U Back by Cher Lloyd around these parts.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:49 am

choubetcha wrote:It's been nothing but Want U Back by Cher Lloyd around these parts.
Just like a helicopter... PBBBBBBBBBBBBBT!
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiammetta on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:39 am

"I Fink U Freeky" has been on repeat in my head. Strangely catchy.

Fiammetta

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:42 am

One Direction has been on heavy rotation on my iPod this past week ever since I saw them at the Olympics closing ceremony. What Makes You Beautiful and Stole My Heart make such excellent bookends for their debut album. I wish the album had more uptempo songs and less of the slower stuff though.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:52 am

Could anyone explain why Kiss Me Deadly is stuck in my head? Particularly since I haven't heard it in at least a year.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top