The Works of George R.R. Martin

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Works of George R.R. Martin

Post  Unlucky Bear on Wed May 23, 2012 12:14 am

So I just finished rereading the first four books, and I can't remember if this was answered or not:
Spoiler:
Did we ever figure out who poisoned Joffrey? I got it into my head the first time that somehow the Tyrells did it because he was an asshole and would tread Margaery badly, but now I can't figure out where I got that from.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit on Wed May 23, 2012 12:31 am

Unlucky Bear wrote:So I just finished rereading the first four books, and I can't remember if this was answered or not:
Spoiler:
Did we ever figure out who poisoned Joffrey? I got it into my head the first time that somehow the Tyrells did it because he was an asshole and would tread Margaery badly, but now I can't figure out where I got that from.

Spoiler:
I don't believe we know 100% but Petyr implies to Sansa that it was the Tyrells, specifically Olenna, since she straightened Sansa's poison veil.
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Wed May 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Spoiler:
Wait, the veil was poisoned? That was the whole deal with the amethyst that fell off her hairnet? I have never figured out how that worked.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  midnight radio on Wed May 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Unlucky Bear wrote:
Spoiler:
Wait, the veil was poisoned? That was the whole deal with the amethyst that fell off her hairnet? I have never figured out how that worked.

Spoiler:
Yep. The "amethysts" were "the strangler," the same kind Maester Cressen used to try to poison Melisandre in the prologue for ACoK. Like Laurelin_kit says, Petyr all but tells Sansa that Lady Olenna took one from the hairnet when she was fussing with Sansa's hair.

midnight radio

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:00 pm

(Putting this in the non-spoiler thread because, well, it has no spoilers, but I can't make any promises for comments, etc.)

Eight books instead of seven?

He's never going to finish, is he?
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Yeah I never understood how he planned for seven, split one in two and still ended up with seven. If AffC/ADwD are ONE book of the seven he planned, than TWOW is technically the fifth book in his plan, a Dream of Spring the sixth, leaving one more to go.

He did dispute that edtior thing to EW, he says it will still be seven inclusive of AffC/ADwD, but he also says whatever will be will be, aka could be 10 for all he knows, GODDAMMIT. Further he insinuates the show should be augmented with a grand finale feature film. Why he thinks HBO would ever go for that I do not know, but it's possible due to it's ever increasing popularity that financially that would work out for them. I still can't believe he's releasing a history book of this thing before he's finished TWOW. UGH.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:33 pm

I'm trying to get more and more comfortable with the fact that he is most likely going to pull a Robert Jordan.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Ha, I love that he's backing off the seven books thing because it's so obviously impossible. The last two books would have to be nonstop Red Weddings and Battles of Blackwater to pay off the setup and tie up all loose ends. And since GRRM doesn't want to pull a Lost, or whatever rude thing he said about that, he does need to tie it all up.

I'm just sort of feeling some schadenfreude about this because I'm relatively new to the series, and had a lot of long-time fans sneer at me when I suggested he was going to need more than two more books, and that this was going to drag on. I'm not happy about it, but I'm not surprised either.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:17 pm

I'm trying to get more and more comfortable with the fact that he is most likely going to pull a Robert Jordan.
At this rate, I've shifted from wondering 'will the series finish in his lifetime?' to 'will it finish in mine?'.
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top