Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims

+9
Eris Rising
Case
Agent_Squeaks
Rhilin
skittlebox
Jude
Jamie
Instant Monkeys
pizzagirl20
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The Sims   - Page 5 Empty Re: The Sims

Post  Eris Rising Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Jude wrote:For those who like me haven't bought Sims 4 yet, there's a free trial going on up until February 4th:

FREEEEEE!! (But only for 48 hours)

I downloaded it two nights ago and played for maybe 2 hours. I hated it. Honestly HAAATED it. I spent most of the time going, "Where the hell is BUY mode??" and "How the hell do I get to the Worlds map so I can send these idiots to the library??" The sims themselves are kind of boring looking, and they don't do much of anything. The much-touted emotions thing sucked because they get into these moods for no reason and are easily embarrassed at the most minor things. Then all they want to do is hide in bed. To me, they don't seem to have a whole lot of personality (to be fair, neither did the ones in Sims 3), though granted I only played for a short time, so maybe I'm jumping to judgment on that.

The other thing is, I created a male and a female sim and gave them a child, intending for them to be a family, of course. Yet in the game, the male and female didn't even seem to know each other, much less like each other. The kid got along better with them than they got along with each other, and every time I tried to initiate something romantic between the two so I could up their relationship bar, one would reject the other, and off they'd go, all embarrassed again. Ugh.

I also felt the game wasn't very intuitive, but maybe that's just me. I just don't ever seem to remember having trouble understanding or learning Sims 2 or Sims 3, but this game seemed to confuse and frustrate me. Maybe I was just prejudiced to begin with, since I really resent how much was left out of this version compared to the other Sims games, but I have to say I'm SO glad now I didn't succumb to the temptation to buy it.

Hell, I was in creation mode last night with the free trial, and got so bored that I didn't even play. I'll try again today, but that wasn't a promising start, and your review is making me even more skeptical.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum