Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims

+9
Eris Rising
Case
Agent_Squeaks
Rhilin
skittlebox
Jude
Jamie
Instant Monkeys
pizzagirl20
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Sims   - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:57 pm

That's a good point. When I play (when it's working), I pretty much pick ONE thing to do, like a family where someone will be a firefighter, or someone will be famous, or they will garden, or what have you. Even with the old expansion packs I feel like I'm definitely not "done." I've still never done a lot of the professions, for example.

Sooooooooo, after I posted that, PROBABLY just to fuck with me because it heard me -- I gave the game another try AND IT STARTED WORKING. So now I feel silly. Since I got the new computer with OS 10.7, it's been gratifyingly speedy WHEN IT'S NOT CRASHING, which until now has been NEVER, but for the few minutes it works it goes at a nice clip, doesn't stall, etc. It's just that then it keeps dying. I started a new game in the new Showtime city, with a single Sim (the first one I played in Sims 3, actually, after the family that I always play first) in a tiny house, and...I played it for a few hours and it ran smoothly, at that same brisk speed, no "five hours to make a meal" situations, no stalling out when the ice cream truck shows up (goddamn I hate that ice cream truck), no "idling" with the toe-tapping or whatever for hours at a time, just playing normally. That hasn't happened since I got this computer. I finally quit to have dinner and I'm afraid to start it again, hee. Maybe it just needed a fresh, uncomplicated game?

I've been playing her in the singing profession, she's had gigs and everything, and nothing has tripped it up. IT'S CRAZY. This literally hasn't happened in months. I'm sure it's partly because I'm playing a non-city world too (stuff is WAY slower in city worlds, which is a bummer because I like them). But I went into CAS a few times even (saving before and after every time), and it didn't crash. I'm playing with animals and everything! My girl randomly made friends with a falcon (whaa) and petted a wild horse! When I decided to stop playing I actually quit instead of just not starting again after a crash. The new glitches I was noticing were like, the "follow my sim" crosshair keeps disappearing. That's like the OLD days of glitches. The funny ones like "LOL, I got a new expansion pack and all my sims were naked" instead of "LOL, I can't open, save, or operate the game" like it's been lately.

Now it will probably break again after I post this.

By the way, Jamie, I just noticed (since it's been forever since I made it as far as the game options), you can now (I don't know which patch/EP it came with) turn off fame for your active household. Which is nice because it really IS annoying when people randomly get famous and then are always getting scandals that are messing things up. You can also turn off supernatural creatures, including ones from the Supernatural EP that I don't have but also VAMPIRES, YAY I hate vampires. And the best new game feature (yes! actual positive game features) is: when you're looking at houses in Edit Town that have families in them already, you can go look at the house WITHOUT evicting (or playing) the family. Since I mostly only look at the premade families to see if I want their house -- but I do like having people in the 'hood and I don't want to just evict everyone -- this is extra awesome for me.

PET FALCON!
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 am

I haven't played since last summer sometime. I've got the same problems with it crashing incessantly, and getting Code 12 or Code 13 when I'm trying to save, and yeah...definite issues with CAS. It's just amazing how the company can keep churning out the expansions without ever fixing all the errors within the game itself.

I would have loved to have gotten Seasons if it worked, but my computer can barely handle Pets. And it's a shame, because I really like playing the Sims, and I miss it, but I certainly don't miss the frustration and the anger I feel at a company that keeps raking in the cash with no concern whatsoever about the satisfaction of its customers.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:57 am

I hadn't played for a while since Pets was a disappointment. Just downloaded Supernatural and Seasons, though, and they're fun so far. Really enjoying the return of aliens.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:41 pm

Eris Rising, you haven't had any problems with either of them performance-wise, then?

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:50 pm

I stopped playing a while ago because I couldn't stand the slowness. But last week I bought a new laptop, and thought I'd give it a whirl again and see how it worked with Windows 8. It's not perfect (the graphics are still slow to load as soon as my sim wanders into their neighbourhood) but it's much better than on my old computer. No crashes yet. The intrusion of objects from the online store into the in-game catalogue is irritating though. When did that happen? I've taken to turning off my laptop's wireless whenever I play just so I can avoid it.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:53 pm

Jude wrote:Eris Rising, you haven't had any problems with either of them performance-wise, then?

There's some lag, but the performance is generally okay. Occasional freeze, but only for a few seconds.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Steiner Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 am

My game was getting a bit slow with Showtime and Supernatural, so I upgraded the memory in my PC from 4gb to (a frankly ridiculous) 20gb and it runs pretty well now even with Seasons and high graphics settings. I read on Ravelry that a free program called XQuartz might help the game run better for Mac users, as it sorts out some of the problems with Cider. I don't know anything about Macs but it might be worth a shot? I totally agree about the suckiness of EA though. I shudder to think of the amount of money and time I've spent in hardware upgrades and system rejigging just to play this game.
Daisy Steiner
Daisy Steiner

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:32 pm

I've heard of that XQuartz thing, I think. I think it was mentioned on the Sims forums but I'm not positive -- people suggest a lot of half-baked solutions over there and sometimes I can't filter out the legit ones. I'll do some research -- thank you! That does seem to be where a lot of the (current) instability stems from, inefficient translations or whatever from Windows-ese to Mac-ese. Ah, the good old days of Aspyr when EA actually paid a group of Mac developers to convert the game properly.

I've also thought of upgrading my laptop's RAM. It's ass-backwards because the system I WAS playing the game on was a slower, older system, but because it wasn't running Mountain Lion or whatever 10.7 is, the game didn't have all the problems it now has. It actually runs faster now, as I said -- it's just less stable. So I have a big chip on my shoulder at the idea that I should have to get MORE RAM than the more RAM I already got (in the form of an entirely new computer) just to get it back to the level of stability it had with far less RAM. I may do it anyway, though -- I mean, more RAM is never a BAD thing and I'm hoping this laptop will last me a long while. (I too have laid out quite a lot of cash on various hardware upgrades over the years mostly to feed the Sims monster...nothing else I play comes close to its resource neediness.)

So...the game has been working for me. Because it likes irony I guess. I should have complained about it on here long ago. I've been playing like crazy the last couple of days and I missed it SO MUCH. My girl is becoming a famous singer and hooking up with the hot C-list celebrities all around town. I just finally moved her out of her trailer and into a medium-sized house -- once she racks up some more cash I have my eye on a glorious modern house that I'm going to put on the coast after I kick someone else's house out of that slot (sorry people that live there). I have to say, all the time they haven't been spending on fixing game bugs, EA has evidently been spending on learning how to make better houses. That or they hired one of the people who's been doing it for free on the internet. The houses are MUCH better in Showtime City or whatever it's called. And the sims are better-looking. Even the clothes are less ridiculous.

I've been saving like, every five minutes and restarting the game constantly in hopes of keeping it from crashing. But I've been in CAS several times, even in the hair, and it's been OK. And I had to turn on testing cheats (something that also seemed to contribute to instability) to remove some assholes who wouldn't get off the stage for several days (not only did they start to stink, but my girl kept stopping her concert to yell at them), and while I had it on I took her back into CAS to give her custom skin and tweak her a little, and it was all OK. Every once in a while I get one of those huge stallouts and I get ready to force quit, but it's come back every time. Maybe my other game was just too big -- it was the one with like six sims in it, in Los Aniegos (giant custom world), and I would have thought that would manifest in slowness, not in random crashing in CAS, but maybe I was wrong. I think I'm going to avoid city worlds for a while, and maybe move out the two people I want from the multi-roommate house, put them in the dock thing, start a new game (possibly not in Los Aniegos), and put them in it. I think they'd keep their skills, etc. that way. I'm not ready to try that though because I'm enjoying the novelty of a functioning game.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:14 pm

D'oh, I was hoping I wasn't the last to post in this thread but I was. Oh well, it's been a month.

The game seems to have decided that I've learned my lesson, and has been behaving! I did move out the couple I wanted from my big house and start a new game with them -- in the same city, but a fresh copy of it. I even -- this took a lot of restarting and a few crashes -- managed to move out the rest of the roommates into the dock, and in the new game I stuck them all in a house so they can be around in the background. Then I moved my couple into here, which is one of my most favorite custom houses EVERRRRRRR, it's just very grungy and awesome and doesn't look Sims-y at all. It fits perfectly in the lot where the Seinfeld-y building is. They are struggling to make it in showbiz and at some point I'll have them move into a penthouse or something. But I'm managing to play Los Aniegos and it's doing all right, so I think new game + fewer sims in the house + LOTS of saving + going into crisis mode whenever I have to do anything in CAS (i.e., save before, go in and do what I need to do with minimal futzing around and minimal time in the hair area [that seems to load the slowest and I have a lot of CC hairs so that's understandable], save as soon as I exit, either restart or accept that the game might crash before long) = it's manageable.

A lot of problems that I USED to have with the game are mercifully not there anymore, which I guess is due to the faster computer speed, but I'm wondering if there has been tinkering in recent patches as well -- for example, time used to move WAY too fast in city worlds, and like I would just have to teleport everyone to work because they would not make it on time, EVER; half the time they wouldn't make it to work before work ENDED. It helps that there's no subway in Los Aniegos -- the subway in Bridgeport is AWFUL if you have any lag whatsoever. Even things like cooking don't take the several hours that they used to. This is how it is in Sims Medieval -- whether it's my system or the game, the clock just seems to run much more slowly in TSM, meaning you have way more time in a day to do stuff. So I don't know if they borrowed something from that game or what, but time flows a little more manageably.

Then I got tired of my city folk and started getting greedy and wondering if I could play one of my old saves, like my legacy family that I basically abandoned when they got too buggy. I went to their house and was getting all into them and remembering what was going on with everyone and figuring out which kid I was going to have carry on the next generation -- and then they went to bed and half of them couldn't get up. Siiiiiiigh. It might have been because of some custom beds that I have -- a lot of my CC has started behaving weirdly lately, which sort of comes with the territory so it's all right -- but basically I didn't want to deal and so I decided to start a NEW LEGACY. In Appaloosa Plains! I made Adam Owens, who is always my legacy starting guy, I gave him a nice skin tone (this one, which I love, and he's a redhead so it worked), and moved him in. He really wants to own a bunch of horses, but since he's all poor in the best tradition of legacies, he started out with a job as a babysitter. Which is ADORABLE -- parents drop off their toddlers at 9 am and he just has to entertain them -- but also time-consuming, so he may quit soon. There was NO ONE suitable for him to marry, but I am definitely not adhering to Legacy orthodoxy (I just picked a random lot and built as much of a house as I could for him to keep it under his level of cash, and I'm not going to rule out moving houses as the game continues because staying in the same house forever is boring and I prefer renovating someone else's houses to building my own because I suck at it), so I started cheating and examining various single ladies from around town in CAS (everyone's married! goddamn suburbs), including de-aging them if need be. (It felt like everyone in town became elderly all at once.) With that I found Angel Jenner, who was a mixologist at the local saloon, and I prettied her up in CAS (further cheating! but man, I love that you can Edit in CAS now with the testingcheatsenabled thing) and gave her the same Ruddy skin and turned her into a young adult and fixed some of her weird features (so they will not have weird-looking babies), and now she's ADORABLE and knocked up and the next generation is on the way! She is currently an amateur magician, but I think she's going to give up that dream and get a more practical job. Meanwhile, Adam I think is going to get more into inventing and quit babysitting, and hopefully he will hit it big and be able to afford his horse farm before he gets old and dies. I guess Angel can carry it on since she's younger (thanks to wizardry). They also have a garden (I was trying a lot of moneymaking schemes in hopes Adam could sell some stuff to be able to afford things like, oh, a stove), but gardening takes SO much time so I may keep that minor.

HOW WILL THEIR FAMILY LEGACY UNFOLD? At some point I am SURE to need the infusion of some new blood so someone will be traveling eventually; before I attempt that I am going to not only save, but save a new copy of the game, since that travel bug from before ruined my old legacy family. I'm HOPING that's been fixed since then, but who knows. With the magical Edit in CAS thing I have a LOT more options for matchmaking. The town is also FULL OF TODDLERS, or was at one point, because the game had to keep generating them so Adam could babysit for them, and then they (it seemed to me at least) grew up super fast so it kept needing more. Some of his previous charges are now teenagers, so it became a possibility that Adam could have married one of his former daycare babies, but that seemed icky to me, so Magically De-Aged Elderly Bartender it was.

OH, but the reason I came here in the first place was to post about this: UNIVERSITY LIFE!! Hooray! I really enjoyed the university stuff in Sims 2 and I'm hoping this will be fun as well. Assuming it doesn't kill my game. (I still haven't dared to install Seasons.)

WHAT A LONG POST ABOUT THE SIMS. Sorry about that.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:34 pm

*applauds* I LOVE your Sims stories, Instant Monkeys! The only problem is that it makes me miss playing them so much! One of these days, maybe when it's spring break in the beginning of March, I might give it a try again. I just don't want to overwhelm my 6-year-old computer. It's been able to run the game but not terribly well, and it's been acting up a bit lately, more crashes than usual and the like. I can't afford a new computer right now, so I'm trying not to push my luck. It's been my experience in the past that Sims can tend to have some questionable effects on computers -- not sure if it's the overheating of the graphics card or what, but I swear it's destroyed a couple of my laptops (Sims 2, I mean) and at least one of my desktops.

So keep the tales coming, please! And that house looks freaking AMAZING!

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Hee, thanks, Jude! I love reading about others' simventures as well. That's pretty scary about the game literally killing computers, although I'm not surprised. That fan does run a lot when I'm playing. It DESTROYS EVERYTHING IN ITS PATH, this game.

A longer video about University Life. I'm sold! Because I'm a tough sell, clearly.

The ol' legacy is going fine, mostly, with a few hiccups. I had to start a new game, actually -- which is not as disastrous as it sounds. Earlier in the game, Adam, the original guy, had gotten the "can't interact with NPCs" bug. I looked up solutions and two that were suggested were to move him out of the house (in Edit Town) and immediately move him back in, and the resetsim cheat. One or both of those worked and he was able to carry on. This time, Jensen, the oldest son, had just joined the Politician career and I was trying to get him married to his colleague so I could move them out. I invited her over and he couldn't interact with her. I tried the tricks again and no dice this time. Then I realized it wasn't just Jensen, NONE of the family could interact with her. After a little more research (always the research with this fricking game), I decided the save was irredeemably corrupted and I'd better abandon it.

But it wasn't so bad! I did Move Out With Home and saved the whole household, house included, to the dock. Then I opened a new Appaloosa Plains game, and dropped their house into the same spot it was before. (And modified the pond in the dog park. I cannot stand that for some reason -- it's so cheesy to see a goddamn bone-shaped pond every time you go in to Map View; it makes the whole town look goofy -- so I made a new version of that lot with a rectangle pond a while back, and before starting a game in AP I just replace that lot.) Everyone was intact -- they lost their relationships to outsiders, but that wasn't so bad since most of them are kids and especially in legacies I don't waste a lot of time making friends and shit; it's all about EFFICIENT BREEDING, heh. All the NPCs in the town re-spawned, so Jensen's lady friend was gone, but whatever. Even their garden was still in one piece, although I assume all the plants are going to die at once since they were all created at once. They still had their careers/school grades and their skills, and everything in their inventories (crucially: all the high-quality vegetables they had harvested) and I was afraid everyone would reset to day one of whatever age they were, but they didn't, thankfully. So I just carried on. I gave up on getting Jensen married and just moved him out to fend for himself. The next kid, Ansel, is going to be the legacy sim I think, so now I need to work on finding him a lady. (There are three other kids -- Angelina, Colton, and Felicity. The last two names are slightly horse-themed because I figured by that stage in his life Adam was getting really sad about not having a horse.) Felicity is the only child left; the rest are teenagers.

And then: Adam finally got his horse! He'd had the stall and fenced-in area and hay for like, 40 years in Sims time. (I didn't know adopting a horse was free or I'd have gotten one a lot sooner. I just assumed it would cost a ton of money. I suppose I was thinking of real life.) Her name is Reggie and she was a foal when they adopted her and now she's grown up and they're getting to know her and Adam gets to ride her a lot. He will die happy. (He's an elder.) He got his lifetime wish too, or will if he lives a few more days: to raise 5 children to teenagers. (It's also his wife Angel's wish. Someone is about to get some awesome reward-points swag. That someone is me.)

And Ansel, my designated legacy-carry-on-er, also has the Equestrian trait so I think I'm going to make him a career of horse-riding or whatever you do with horses. I hope to get them some more. He has the lifetime want to rescue six animals. I didn't know adopting them via the phone also counted as "rescuing" so that shouldn't be too hard (although it will clutter up the game a lot).

So! I'm happy/relieved to know that, provided the save isn't TOO horribly corrupted, you can move out your family and start a new game without it being too much of a disaster. I have never made it through an entire legacy and I'm determined. I'm also tempted to go back to my old legacy family, the one where they couldn't get out of bed, and try the same technique. We'll see.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:46 pm

This poor thread! Does anyone play anymore? Well...nonetheless...here's some info about Sims 4. Whether it's speculation or actual fact, I don't know, but I found it interesting.

AND...in current personal news, I was forced into buying a new computer after my 6-year-old faithful relic starting giving me so many issues that I couldn't ignore them anymore. So that gave me the excuse to go on a Sims 3 expansion pack-apalooza and buy most of the ones I didn't have up to and including Island Paradise! (Not proud of myself for this, btw, despite getting a pretty good deal on them. In fact, it was pretty stupid to do so on top of buying a new computer with a good processor and a more-than-decent amount of RAM. Also note: I HATE WINDOWS 8, which doesn't even support Sims 2!! What's with that??)

Anyway, I'm having guilty, guilty fun again with Sims 3, despite the fact that I downloaded too much custom content and wound up with a messed-up game that I then had to clean up for days before it became (sort of) playable again. I don't know why I haven't learned my lesson yet. I'm just SO tempted to download pretty sims when I see them, which is how I wind up with bad CC's that corrupt my game. But I haven't even explored everything there is to do yet -- though I did have one of my sims go to University and loved some of the new interactions there! I laughed so much at the sims sleeping through the lecture, with its boring professor droning on and setting off feedback constantly on the microphone -- so clever and so true to life!

I can't wait to get to more stuff, especially the scuba diving and watersports. I swear, Sims is such a terrible time suck that I'm quite possibly way too old for, but I can't help loving it so!

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Case Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:41 am

I'm still playing TS2, but super excited for TS4.  It feels more like an actual sequel than TS3 ever did to me.

Everything I've seen looks promising.  The game being designed to run on lower end PCs (TS3 nearly killed my poor computer more than once.)!
No pudding faces, the most realistic Maxis eyes ever, life-like emotional states, and that sense of their world being a fun and crazy place again.  

Much, much better.

Now if they'd just include genetics, rain and seasons, the two voice actors who voiced all the non-elder adult Sims in 1 and 2 (I miss those voices!),alien Sims, wants and fears, and 3's open world?  I'll be happy boy.

I'm not entirely sold on the less-detailed world though. Looks far too iPad game/Facebook-y to me.  I suppose with decent CC, things should be alright.
As soon as I buy it? I'm going to ModTheSims to replace that plastic looking hair. Blecch.
Well, that and immediately creating a Scully and Mulder.
It wouldn't be The Sims without them. Right?
Case
Case

https://www.facebook.com/case.crum

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Case wrote:As soon as I buy it? I'm going to ModTheSims to replace that plastic looking hair. Blecch.
Well, that and immediately creating a Scully and Mulder.
It wouldn't be The Sims without them. Right?
Hee, it sure wouldn't for me.

I have to admit, from what I've seen so far I'm not super excited. Most of the changes don't seem to actually change anything that I care about. Like, in CAS it's nice that you can edit the face/body by clicking and dragging instead of sliders, but...what does that ultimately matter if the sims look the same as they ever did? I feel like the emotion stuff is going to be more work than it is fun once you've seen all the preloaded things you can do (like, you have to make sure you don't have a sad picture in your living room or your sim won't do his homework or whatever). I don't know -- with Sims 2 the huge thing was genetics (are you saying they're not going to have that anymore??)/being able to carry on a family through generations, with Sims 3 the huge thing was being able to explore the whole world instead of just taking the "shuttle" from place to place, and with Sims 4 the huge thing is...I don't honestly know. Slightly more complex emotions? I'm just not there yet, although admittedly I haven't read a ton about it because every time I go to EA's stupid site it's so full of frippery and Web 2.banana craziness that I have a hard time getting to the content.

BUT: if it's really going to be less system-destroying, that is VERY good news since that's the main roadblock I have from playing it (as I've detailed at extremely boring length here from time to time). I also do prefer the look of the Sims 2 sims overall to the Sims 3 ones, and it does appear they've gone back a bit to that look and there's less "pudding." (Seriously, though, has Maxis EVER produced a non-hideous hair?) A little more fun is also a good thing -- they did take a lot of the goofiness factor out of Sims 3, which was a shame.

I do hope they keep the open world, even though the tradeoff for that was not being able to switch back and forth between households, which I used to have a lot of fun with. I mean, you still can but you can't return to your other house and not expect that they'll have a random baby or be dead or what have you, and you lose all your wishes and all that stuff. But overall I do like having a real TOWN that you live in and you can walk to the park or whatever and your sims can do things in different places at different times. That's the main reason I didn't go back to Sims 2 (although I've dropped in from time to time).

Really, and I've said this before, but what I want the most is the photo album back. My favorite thing to do was take pictures of my sims and put them in an album and write captions about what was going on, so I could keep track of the stories. I used to love opening up a whole game and "reading" the story up until that point. Not having that takes a whole layer of meaning out of it for me.

And the other thing I'm DYING to have is height variation. Really, we put a man on the moon but we can't make the Sims have different heights? Even a cheat like we used to have in Sims 2 would be acceptable.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Case Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:12 pm

I'm assuming that they will have Sim genetics, but this being EA? Who knows what to expect.   I'm not so excited that Sims 4 started life as an online game, and was quickly converted to a proper sequel.  
  I don't want us to be getting a rush job, and the new "Play with your friends!" aspects that have been rumored?  Have people really been asking for that?
It concerns me that we haven't seen or heard that much about the game yet.
Did we know this little about TS2 and TS3 when they were made available for pre-order?

The new emotions sound fun, but I'm starting to fear that you may be right.  I wonder if it is going to be a massive job of work.
I'd love to have my photo albums back,too!  I'm the guy who saves all of his Sims' photos on his hard drive to view occasionally. I wish I'd backed up my ones from TS1.  I miss those little dudes and dudettes with the static faces and doll hands.  

Height adjustment? YES.  If people can create mods for height, surely the people who actually design the game can as well? Right? I'm sure it'll be a main feature of The Sims 4:Katy Perry's Candy Colored Superstar Nighttime Adventures EP in 2017.  Right after they keeping re-making the same EPs we've had since TS1, naturally.  I grumble. However, I will keep buying EPs so I can have rain (Really? No weather in the base game?), vampires,  pets, and vacations.

And I completely agree with you on the open world aspect.  I didn't miss those slightly surreal grey voids surrounding my Sim lots.  It looks like we'll have open worlds, but who knows.
To sum up?  Cautious optimism.
Case
Case

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:I don't know -- with Sims 2 the huge thing was genetics (are you saying they're not going to have that anymore??)/being able to carry on a family through generations, with Sims 3 the huge thing was being able to explore the whole world instead of just taking the "shuttle" from place to place, and with Sims 4 the huge thing is...I don't honestly know. Slightly more complex emotions?
I can't figure it out either. It all seems very vague to me, and I guess I was hoping for the best of both worlds, Sims 3 combined with Sims 2, which I'm pretty sure this is not going to be.

My whole thing with Sims was genetics: I LOVED that in Sims 2, and miss it terribly in Sims 3. I've gotten used to the Sims 3 look now and can sometimes produce a decent enough looking sim, but not the way I could in Sims 2, where it was always a revelation when a new baby was born, to see how the skins combined...good or bad. (Did I mention I LOVED LOVED LOVED the genetics?) And speaking of babies, I hope they don't do the caterpillar thing again with the infants. That was a cop-out, if you ask me.

I also miss the interaction with the sims themselves, how sometimes they'd look up at you to thank you for giving them a telescope or whatever, and act irritated with you for one thing or another. There's none of that in Sims 3, just a lot of toe-tapping while waiting, which is stupid. If they just give me that interaction again in Sims 4, I might be able to forgive them for skipping the genetics again, which they probably will, knowing them.

Case wrote: Now if they'd just include genetics, rain and seasons, the two voice actors who voiced all the non-elder adult Sims in 1 and 2 (I miss those voices!),alien Sims, wants and fears, and 3's open world?  I'll be happy boy.
I have Seasons for Sims 3, and I finally had to shut off the rain. It rained EVERY. FREAKING. DAY. And half of that time, it hailed! It's unbelievably annoying after a while. How are you supposed to garden in the pouring rain? How are you supposed to have them enjoy themselves at the (admittedly lame) Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring Festival when it's hailing all the time?

As for the voices in Sims 2, I always thought that one of those women's voices sounded like someone who smoked and drank whiskey a bit too often. (I'd say, "OH, the old barfly's back!" when I got that one.) But I kind of loved the teen boy's voice, for some reason.

THE HAIR. Couldn't agree more. My downloads/mods folders are groaning with all the hair I've downloaded for both Sims games, but honestly, why is it the company can't find a decent artist to do hair (and clothes, for that matter!) when so many in the playing community can do it? Hire one of them, for God's sake!!

I don't know at this point if I'll buy Sims 4, but that's what I said about Sims 3, too. When it comes to the Sims, I am weak, and that is all.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Case Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:19 pm

That pretty much sums up how I feel, Jude! I'll end up buying it, because it's The Sims. Even if it lacks anything I loved about the previous versions.
Case
Case

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Case wrote:I'm assuming that they will have Sim genetics, but this being EA? Who knows what to expect.   I'm not so excited that Sims 4 started life as an online game, and was quickly converted to a proper sequel.
Ugh. Did it? Great.

I don't want us to be getting a rush job, and the new "Play with your friends!" aspects that have been rumored?  Have people really been asking for that?
I sure the hell haven't. I have to assume it's a revenue stream of some kind, because seriously, who cares? I mean, maybe someone cares. But they tried an online Sims already and it failed spectacularly. So I don't know why they keep continuing to try it, but I'm old and cranky and like to be left alone to play with my computer paperdolls and maybe the tweens that this game is actually for are into it.

I'd love to have my photo albums back,too!  I'm the guy who saves all of his Sims' photos on his hard drive to view occasionally. I wish I'd backed up my ones from TS1.  I miss those little dudes and dudettes with the static faces and doll hands. 
I also miss those little goobers. I was so attached to them! And they didn't do anything! I think super fondly of Sims 1 with all its limitations. They were such dorky little robots and when they did something new it was very exciting. And they would be happy about the dumbest things, like getting a new fancy toilet. And they would do stuff like jump up and down screaming because there was a fire and then instantly be fine again. There was something hilarious and endearing about them that disappeared with the more sophisticated Sims 2, not that I'd go back.

I did figure out a way to be able to look at all my photo albums without opening the game, but it wasn't the same without the captions. Even in Sims 1 I had some epic stories. Once I got House Party or whatever the Sims 1 EP of that was called, I started throwing ragers and just cataloging all the chaos that ensued as my neighbors started making out with the cake dancer and getting slapped or peeing their pants on the dance floor or dressing up in hula costumes or doing crazy dances that they suddenly knew how to do in their clubwear that they suddenly had. OR ALL OF THOSE. And I'd go back through my photo albums and relive it and it was possibly even more fun than playing it because it was all of the hilarious highlights without the drudgery of get up, make breakfast, eat breakfast, go to bathroom, take bath, go to work, fast-forward through work, come home from work, get newspaper, recycle newspaper, study handiness...etc. Just the good parts. I'd also take pictures of house remodels and do before/afters.

Then in Sims 2 it was all about college hookups and woo-hooing on the roof of the dorm (I would put a double bed up there and just move-object them up there when they wanted some privacy). Meanwhile I still haven't installed Sims 3 University even though I have it because I'm afraid it's going to eat my computer and I don't feel like dealing with the 9,000 seemingly insurmountable problems that it's undoubtedly going to raise that I'll then have to research/troubleshoot before I can play.

Height adjustment? YES.  If people can create mods for height, surely the people who actually design the game can as well? Right? I'm sure it'll be a main feature of The Sims 4:Katy Perry's Candy Colored Superstar Nighttime Adventures EP in 2017.  Right after they keeping re-making the same EPs we've had since TS1, naturally.  I grumble. However, I will keep buying EPs so I can have rain (Really? No weather in the base game?), vampires,  pets, and vacations.
Hee hee, Katy Perry's Candy Colored Superstar Nighttime Adventures, Sponsored By Fanta. (Remember the Pepsi machine in Sims 1? That was a magical, magical Pepsi machine. It filled all your meters. So my Hollywood sims would slog to work in the sim equivalent of unwashed hair and sweats and Uggs, chug a Pepsi, and be polished and ready for work. I cannot even imagine a better ad for Pepsi, hee. PEPSI MAGICALLY REFILLS YOUR LIFE FORCE! YOU WILL NEED NEITHER FOOD NOR SLEEP! ONLY PEPSI! YOU WILL NOT EVEN HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM! PEPSI WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT FOR YOU! SOMEHOW!)

Have you actually found a Sims 3 height adjustment mod? That would really help me out with *cough* some FBI agents that I have in the game that do not really look right when they're the same height. (Of course, what does it matter now that I can't take pictures of them and put them in a photo album? Grumble.)

Jude wrote:My whole thing with Sims was genetics: I LOVED that in Sims 2, and miss it terribly in Sims 3. I've gotten used to the Sims 3 look now and can sometimes produce a decent enough looking sim, but not the way I could in Sims 2, where it was always a revelation when a new baby was born, to see how the skins combined...good or bad.
Now I feel stupid because...does Sims 3 not have genetics?? How did I not notice this? I feel like the hair at least (and the skin color) always come from the parents. Is the face stuff just not as good? Maybe I just can't even tell because the Sims 3 faces are all sort of smooth and lame. Well, that's stupid then. Put that back, guys.

I also miss the interaction with the sims themselves, how sometimes they'd look up at you to thank you for giving them a telescope or whatever, and act irritated with you for one thing or another.
I always loved that too. It really amused me to think that they KNEW a fickle superbeing was controlling all their movements and dictating the path of their lives, but most of the time they were just fine with that and didn't appear to notice. But then every once in a while they'd look up and be like "REALLY? COME ON." Hee hee.

THE HAIR. Couldn't agree more. My downloads/mods folders are groaning with all the hair I've downloaded for both Sims games, but honestly, why is it the company can't find a decent artist to do hair (and clothes, for that matter!) when so many in the playing community can do it? Hire one of them, for God's sake!!
Seriously. And I'm always on the hunt for like, a nice long straight hair. It's not like I want crazy French braids or anything. Just something basic that doesn't look like it's made of playdough.

What I get annoyed about, too, is the lack of SIMPLE but CUTE clothes without DUMB CRAP all over them. Like they made a cute punky kinda ripped t-shirt over a tank top that I wanted my teen sims to wear, but then THEY ADDED ARM WARMERS. That went all the way up the arm. So I made versions where the arm warmers were flesh-colored, which looked stupid but at least it didn't read as arm warmers as much. Or they will have a perfectly nice button-down for men but there's a dumb scarf at the neck. Or a cute tank top with a jacket over it, oh but whoops, the tank top stops six inches above the belly button. It's not that I want my sims to dress like a church choir, but seriously -- who walks around town wearing a half-shirt whose name isn't like, Rihanna? I want to be like Tim Gunn and scold them about EDITING and TASTE LEVEL. Or tell them to look in the mirror and take one thing off. And that thing should always be a bandanna, if there is a bandanna, which there probably is.

And don't get me started on pants. Every pair of pants that my female sims EVER wear are based on one mesh: the low-rise jeans one with the belt. Every pair of jeans that my male sims ever wear are basically the same exact CC ones in different colors (I don't even remember what mesh it is because I never use the EA version of it) because they're the only ones that aren't hideous. Every time a new pair of women's pants comes out I get excited and then I try it and it's stupid-looking and I go back to the old reliables. Thank goodness you can edit pattern/color now. (Another reason I can never go back to Sims 2. Although making clothes in Photoshop was very fun.)

I am totally sure that I'll buy Sims 4. But I'm in no great hurry. Also, since it's going to have separate Mac and Windows versions, I want to wait for a nice looooooong time and see which version seems less buggy/less slow, now that I have a Windows partition SPECIFICALLY FOR THE SIMS that I could use if I needed to. So I'll give it some time for bugs to come to light and to see which ones EA decides to just never fix and ignore everyone's complaints about for all eternity, and which platform has more of those. *eyeroll*
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:48 pm

This made me laugh so much:
Instant Monkeys wrote:I sure the hell haven't. I have to assume it's a revenue stream of some kind, because seriously, who cares? I mean, maybe someone cares. But they tried an online Sims already and it failed spectacularly. So I don't know why they keep continuing to try it, but I'm old and cranky and like to be left alone to play with my computer paperdolls and maybe the tweens that this game is actually for are into it.
You are me. So much so!
Instant Monkeys wrote:
Now I feel stupid because...does Sims 3 not have genetics?? How did I not notice this? I feel like the hair at least (and the skin color) always come from the parents. Is the face stuff just not as good? Maybe I just can't even tell because the Sims 3 faces are all sort of smooth and lame. Well, that's stupid then. Put that back, guys.
According to what I've read, they have a form of genetics, with 10% random traits thrown in. So sometimes you'll get a Sim born that has some skin (for example) thrown in there that you downloaded, but neither parent has. Same with haircolor. Although I've had a few Sim children born with some wild hair color mix that one of their parents might have had, more often I seem to get something neither parent has. It might have to do with the endless variations of color you can produce now with the color wheel -- which I play with a LOT -- that makes the whole system too difficult to geneticize.

One thing I didn't like in Sims 2 was that any plastic surgery change you may have made with one of your sims, was not permanent unless you went into SimPE and changed it at the genetic level. So their new traits (or skin, or hair, or whatever) weren't passed down to their offspring. Which is more natural, of course, but for me this was a case of more natural not being what I wanted!

Here's the Wiki for Sims genetics. Pretty interesting!

And wow, you make Sims 1 sound SO much fun! I didn't get into Sims until Sims 2, so I missed all that. I really do hope they bring some of that FUN back in Sims 4, though I'm not holding my breath.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Interesting discussion. I was a hardcore Sims 2 player, but never really got into 3, mostly because there were no aliens. I was all about the alien breeding program -- trying to create a neat, attractive alien that would breed true. The gray-haired dude that came with the game (John Smith?) was the only original purebred, but he spawned the ugliest children.

Plus I'm too much of a control freak to let my little people do things on their own. I decide when you procreate, dammit!
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Case Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:25 am

Instant Monkeys,  I did find one at ModTheSims, but once I installed it?  Opening TS3 brought down my PC.  It blinked to the blue screen, and I was left cursing EA.
Apparently it just happened to be one two many downloads for the damn game.
Why even release a buggy game? Oh right.  They thought they could do The Sims without Maxis or Will Wright, so they needed to rush it into stores.
Nice.

Hell to the yes on everything about the truly idiotic fashion choices.  It's not difficult to make truly amazing content, so why the Parade of Hideousness?
If I see ONE MORE female newsboy cap that hasn't been fashionable since 2003? I'll hurl.

Now I want to play TS1 again. It looks so primitive now, but it was endlessly engaging.
Hee. Dorky little robots indeed.
My very first Sim (Back in June 2001!) was the hunky wannabe rock star Connor Riordan.  His head was from site who's name I wish I could remember.  Longish hair with sideburns,realistic skin (See, Maxis? It's not hard!), killer green eyes, and a silver earring.  Studly.   I spent hours with him, his Latina girlfriend Mandy Maddox, their crazy genie (I downloaded a CC Jeanine from "I Dream of Jeanine". GOOD TIMES.) and The Incomparable Mrs. Bella Goth.  Fights that took place in a dust cloud, passionate kissing, babies,everyone screaming at kitchen fires,  adultery, clowns, genies,  marriage..
It was all my own personal soap opera, "Dis Grau est Fredishay". Named for what every female Sim said while enjoying a meal.  The phrase stuck.
Why, even Mulder and Scully lived in that small base game Tudor house! Sims that looked like celebrities?  That was a big deal to me.
Man, I want that Tudor house for TS2 and TS4.
That was two PCs ago ,so it's all lost to the digital ether.  Dammit.

I may or not may have every Sims song from 2 and 3 (and the EPs) saved on my PC.  Some current pop songs I know only in Simlish. So,so sad.  I know.    

I did recreate Connor for TS2, with Bill Compton's hair and CC eyes and clothes.
Here he is getting down to Pixie Lott.
 He's currently in MAJOR love with Don Lothario.  Poor boy.  Lothario is currently woo-hooing the entire neighborhood's adult population and is engaged to a broody,door hating vampire Sim named Angel.
Not that Miss Buffy Summers cares. She's more into slap fights with her newly teen sister, Dawn of the Long Shiny Hair. It's a good thing too, because Giles was so NOT about  Angel try to bite his fiance, Jenny Calendar.   The last time it happened? Finger pointing and slaps.  Red minuses for EVERYONE involved that day.
Xander did find it hilarious, and kept laughing that horse laugh the male Sims have. You know which one.  He did have a long discussion with Cher about Buffy, traveling and aliens, but she kept trying to hug him. Not cool, lady.  Doesn't "Un-uh" mean anything to you? Personal space is our friend.

Meanwhile...
   Cassandra Goth ditched the Nerd Goth look for turning herself into a clone of her missing mother,Bella. But in clad in the low cut red dress with the KICKY thigh high boots.
 Still hunky old Mortimer was content to feed the fishes and get freaked out by ghosts.  Normal stuff.  Then it got...weird. (Cue my evil Godlike laugh. I'm in control, you poor little Sims..) Mortimer transformed into his sexy younger self one morning and immediately began woo-hooing the blonde femme fatale Dina Caliente.
This lead to their wedding.
Then..Dina died of fright.  Was it Bella's Curse?

Unfortunately, even more tragedy was about to strike.  Mortimer went swimming in their new pool..only to have the ladder mysteriously vanish!  Poor Mortimer finally headed to the Digital Sim Ether, despite Cassandra pleading with the Grim Reaper.   She then proceeded to spend hours by his grave, clearly working out some anger issues as she wept and cursed him out.
To her shock? Her long missing mother,Bella, materialized next to the grave still young and so,so hot.  This lead to an EPIC diva fight as Cassandra chewed her mother out ..either about luggage or Bella's disappearance.  It's hard to tell.
Bella then began immediately banging Hamilton the Hunky Maid (Your estranged husband just died, you crazy diva.)..and even had his baby in a space of just one day.  

Things the game did that freaked me out while playing on the Goth lot:
Creepy little neighbor child Chloe of the Dead Eyes showed up randomly  and kept staring at everyone. Even while Hamilton and Bella were woo-hooing. No,no,no.
Stop it,game.
So, I saved the game and went to bed.  I came back today and entered their lot? Bella had died!
What??

More to come, if interested.

ETA: I still prefer the Neighborhood music from TS1.
Groovy.
Case
Case

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Ah, Case, I feel you, boy do I feel you.

Fascinating, Jude -- I totally forgot how involved the Sims 2 genetics stuff was -- and also, crucially, that there were only four hair colors, four skin colors, etc. It does make sense that it would be harder to pull that off with basically infinite variations. And I guess if I had to choose I'd pick adjustable hair/skin color. Mostly because I love tinkering with making sims in CAS more than birthin' them the natural way. But it'd be nice if they could do both.

I do remember in Sims 2 that if you were doing a legacy it became EXTREMELY IMPORTANT not to marry some weird-looking NPC because you would have their crazy jaw or whatever for your next umpteen generations. Didn't we at some point finally mercifully get the option to cheat the sims back into CAS to fix them? One thing I DO like about Sims 3 and its "pudding-face" sims is that you don't seem as often to wind up with totally insane-looking sims as in Sims 2. But, you do get less variety; they're all kind of bland-looking. So for legacies that's good and bad.

But I totally forgot that if you downloaded a hair you had to download it in all four colors. And the same for skins. I did spend a lot of time in Photoshop (not as much as with Sims 1 though!) editing outfits and calming down hair colors. So I should have remembered that.

It has been SOOOOOOOOO nice in Sims 3 to FINALLY have the ability to modify sims after they're in the game, even if it's a cheat. I know that's not how it works in real life, but neither is becoming a vampire or getting in a fight with a mummy while searching for treasure in Egypt, so, I'm fine with it. It made me spend WAAAAAAY not as long perfecting my sims in CAS before throwing them into the game, because I know I can always take them back in and tweak them if I need to. It always annoyed me that you couldn't do that, because using the bureau or the mirror would take you to the SAME CAS, just with a bunch of functions blocked.

In Sims 1, you had heads and bodies. You scrolled through the different heads and scrolled through the different bodies and picked what you wanted. They did each have an assigned skin color, because the hands were separate so the game needed to know which color hands to use (there were three skin colors I think). Each head and body was a bitmap (image) file, so if you had a sim in-game and you wanted a different head for them, MOST of the time you could make a new head, save it with the same filename as the old head, put it in the game, and restart and USUALLY the new head (or body) would show up. Didn't always work though. The head actually consisted of two parts: the bitmap file and the mesh, so you could edit the bitmap file in Photoshop (it looked like a big crazy squished tiny face in the middle of a giant head with the hair spread all around in a square) but you had to make sure it got wrapped around the right mesh or all the features would end up in the wrong spot. There was a whole technique -- which I was a MASTER of if I do say so myself -- to pasting a photo on top of an existing bitmap and scooching all the features around so that they matched up with where they were supposed to go for the particular mesh you were going for (mostly you'd select the one you wanted by what the hair looked like), and then blending the edges. So obviously the point of doing that was to have CELEBRITIIIIIIIEEEEEEESSSS in your game. I made many Mulders and Scullys in this manner, and Clark and Lex for my Smallville-loving Sims buddy, and the Whose Line Is It Anyway? people, and the Trading Spaces people (it was a different time), and I'm sure a bunch of others that I'm forgetting. And you could always download celebrity sims because they were so super easy to make. If you picked a mesh where the face shape and hair were in the ballpark, and you did it skillfully, you really would end up with a sim that looked a lot like the character you were going for -- since it was literally the person's face, after all. (The trick was to find a picture that was as straight-on as possible, with as neutral a face as possible. A smiling-with-teeth face almost ALWAYS looked totally insane.) (And of course now I look at my old sims and I'm like "There are like 10 pixels in there! You can barely even tell it's a face!" You had to squint a bit but it worked, until we got used to better graphics.)

Anyway, I was always fixing my Mulder and Scully (as new meshes came out and as I got better at Photoshopping) and I kept trying to switch out their heads but sometimes I'd just start a new Mulder and Scully, or a David and Gillian, since I had so many heads lying around. During the era of A Zillion Awesome House Parties I had AT LEAST one Mulder and Scully and one David and Gillian in the neighborhood and they would always run into each other and it was always very trippy. It always made me laugh when like Gillian and Mulder became pals. It was always funny to put a ton of crazy celebrities in your neighborhood and have them run into each other at parties and make friends. Also some genius mesher made a Grinch -- you know, from How the Grinch Stole Christmas -- that was AWESOME and had a round little Grinch body and a Grinch-shaped head and GREEN HANDS. I don't know what kind of next-level programming wizardry was required to do this, but it worked -- BUT the other effect of that was that the green Grinch hands got put into the mix of skin colors, I guess, somehow, and sometimes people would just show up with Grinch hands. (They were just regular sim hands, only green.) That was always weird. You'd be like, "Oh, that weird neighbor with the Grinch hands who's always walking around in a bathing suit trying to hug everybody." But I liked putting the Grinch in my neighborhood and having him get to know the neighbors (even though he had a hard time making friends because he had zero nice points). When I had my Trading Spaces neighborhood, I put the Grinch down the street from them and he made friends with Doug Wilson.

Making recognizable celebrities was super easy, as I said, but also it was just so primitive that it was charming. So there was this ticklish combo of someone like Will Riker or Left-Eye from TLC in a house playing the piano and having a job as a policeman and getting upset if the toilet was clogged. You'd choose a head and a body and set the person into their little house. It didn't matter how sexy or badass they looked or what the celebrity's personality was like in real life, they were all exactly the same sims once they were in the game, and they'd walk around and look at the things you gave them and clap if they liked them and shake their heads if they didn't. And you'd be like SISQO, STOP WATERING THE TULIPS AND TAKE A SHOWER and I TOLD YOU TO RECYCLE THE NEWSPAPER, LIZ FROM ROSWELL. I will never forget putting my first Mulder in the game and buying him a computer and he went over and played games on it and just LAUGHED AND LAUGHED while he was doing it (because he was having fun) and I couldn't stop giggling, a tiny Mulder in a little suit playing computer games and laughing "ha ha ha ha, HA ha ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha" with endless unironic delight. There was just one voice for the male sims and one for the female sims (and one for a child of either sex). Then you'd get an expansion pack and suddenly your little dopey robots would be able to do A DIFFERENT THING! Like when I got House Party and the neighbors came over and my little sim Lily suddenly got in the dancer cage in her game-generated miniskirt and started getting down and I was like WHAAAAAAT LILY I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD THAT IN YOU. Even when Lily first had a baby, my first baby in the game, the cradle appeared after some making out and she picked up the baby and cuddled it and gave it a bottle and I felt this sense of awe, like I'd made her and set her to living and then she reproduced and was lavishing love on her offspring and it was very very weird.

Good lord, I do go on. Yeah, a height mod that crashes the entire game is prooooooooooooobably not worth it. Probably. And Case, I also LOVE all the Sims 1 music. The Build and Buy songs take me RIGHT BACK to browsing that gloriously retro catalog of stoves and dining tables and wallpaper. THE CLOWN, I forgot about that. It came from that painting, right? Or did it show up if your party sucked? That might have been something else. And if your party was awesome, Drew Carey came. WHY? (Obviously when my Whose Line sims threw a party it worked thematically for Drew Carey to show up.)

My own Goth-related soap opera involved my sim Fiona having an affair with Mort (in Sims 1), and then she dumped him and I felt bad that I'd broken up the Goth family so I went and played them for a while and Mort and Bella finally reconciled. Once they were back together I went back to my other houses and never played them again, but I felt better that I'd done right by them, heh.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Case Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:54 pm

Instant Monkeys, I love your Sim stories!

Today I created the Model Family.  Tyra, Cindy, Kate (See? That's why I love TS4's new body types.  I want "heroin chic" Kate Moss and built hunky dudes.) and their elder Sim, Iman.  It was fun to see that Tyra and Cindy DO NOT GET ALONG, NO WAY,NO HOW.
Iman, naturally, sighed her disapproval at the decor of their three bedroom colonial-style home.
 Nothing exciting so far, but Tyra wants to see an alien and Cindy is forever pigging out on chips and hitting on every new neighbor.  Brandi Broke is into Cindy, which makes Cindy a very happy Sim.  Both roommates in the Go Fug Yourself Family(Jessica and Heather),however, are not impressed with Cindy's flirting skills. As are a few of their other neighbors.
In fact Walter Skinner got majorly angry when she and his fiance John Doggett kissed passionately. Well, they did kiss in front of him.
Case
Case

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Instant Monkeys, you know I love your Sims stories too! I had no idea about being able to use Photoshop in Sims 1, and all that could be done with it, even if it was a bit primitive. It just sounds like so much fun! And Sims 2 could be as well, much more so in some ways than Sims 3 has been. I remember getting University, which was my first expansion pack, and insanely laughing when one of my sims autonomously used the joy buzzer prank on a very dignified vampire. I kept having him do it over and over again, while the vampire kept getting angrier and angrier - it was HILARIOUS! Every time I got a new expansion pack, it was like Christmas for this Sims lover, I swear.

And Case, your model household sounds FABULOUS! I've never really had any celebrities in my game, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I should try that.

Right now, I'm setting up a new neighborhood in Starlight Shores, simply because I just got Showtime and wanted to see what that was all about. To tell you the truth, I both love and hate setting up neighborhoods, mainly because I always have to go in and edit the houses so that they're to my liking. I always use cheats. Always. So my sims are always rich, because I'm not here for the struggling to make ends meet bit. I do enough of that in my real life. And since every house ever created has the Bargain Johns and the Use-Three-Times-Before-It-Becomes-A-Fountain Sinks, which are both useless because they break within minutes, I have to go around changing all that. Not to mention adding better beds, and better ovens, and better refrigerators, and...you get the idea. And all that takes me forever. And since I make about 10 to 12 sims for each neighborhood, and that also takes forever, it's usually about a week till I get around to actually, you know, PLAYING.

So I have no stories for now, but maybe, hopefully, soon I will! Please share yours, though -- I really do so love them!

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Case Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Jude, most of my time is spent setting up houses as well.  Well, that and using every cheat available.   I don't really like having poor Sims and having to deal with Sim children, so everyone is wealthy and grown up or an independent teen.

I've decided to go Full V.C. Andrews.

My quest to make the Goth family tree more of one long tree trunk is going exceedingly well.  Nora, the daughter of Bella (Who's had three resurrections now. ) and studly man-maid Hamilton, is a quirky chess playing lady with kicky short blond hair.  She's also desperately in love with her half-brother,Alexander.    They finally had their first kiss, which lead to a moonlit stroll around the house..but poor Nora got freaked out by Mortimer's ghost and died of fright.   Distraught, the brooding intellectual Alexander plead for his beloved's life with the Grim Reaper.  And won.  
Nora was thrilled to be back in the arms of her fiance-brother, which led to a hot-tub woo-hooing filled with playful growls and pinching.
Fireworks danced across the sky as the music of Jessica Simpson (No relation) filled the air.  
As the pendulous moon dominated the sky, the ghosts of Goth House once again roamed the grounds.  Mortimer's second wife, Dina, got caught in a creepy ghost loop (Seriously? Some sort of game glitch. Freaky.) where she kept jumping into the floor and reappearing. Seeing this immortal torment, a strange God (Hi! *waves*),brought Dina back to life and had her move out.

Pregnant Alexander? Despite no longer needing glasses, he assuredly was not in the mood for any sort of loving from Nora.  Incest guilt perhaps?
Their sister  Cassandra, not happy with the new hot tub and it's dark implications, decided to strike out on her own by moving out.

Not soon after that? Alexander gave birth to the very cute little Grant, his son-nephew.
As time works differently in that imposing house, Grant is now one handsome man.  So maybe inbreeding works best for Sims.

The day after he was born, his parents became elders and were immediately visited by the Hula Zombies and Mr.Reaper.   Hungry after all that mourning, Grant fixed himself a lunch meat (Llama?) sandwich, which lead to prank calling the cops four times in a row, then getting bitched out by a cute male cop.  
Grant is a little devious, horny, fun loving, and way too good looking.  Watch out Pleasantview! Maybe I should breed Grant with Cassandra?

Also? Amazon has TS4's release date as 12/13/14.  Did it get pushed back?  Also? If it's up for pre-order, then where are the System Requirements?
Case
Case

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum