Total Votes : 125

Re: THE FUTURE OF SNARKFEST OMG

Post  Never Enough on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Oops! Thanks for the update!

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Never Enough wrote:It seems the main big point of going back to 3.0 is to get the posters who never made it here. If we can have a huge announcement on the main page of 3.0 with a link to here, I think that's the best option.

I think we already do, but I think vwlphb was saying she had the ability to send out emails to the membership, to make that kind of announcement.

And since people have brought up the "starting fresh" aspect--maybe some of our longtime lurkers will feel more comfortable joining in. I mean, I wish Forumer worked moar better, but that's a way to look at the bright side of possibly staying here.

And maybe we can overlook the fact that I somehow posted half a comment twice. *shifty look*
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:23 am

More Snark, less work. Whatever is in the best interests of the mods who are donating their time, obviously.
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:45 am

I would go with whatever the mods wants to do and am fine with the majority rule, but I think we should stay here. This board is up and running, it's fast, and honestly, I'm already used to this interface. I'd have to go back to Forumer to see the differences, but for the most part, this functions well.

The spoiler tags are totally better here! I could never read the text on the old site because the contrast never worked for me. Other bits of wonkiness I can overlook because this forum is zippy and fast, and it hasn't been down for me yet (knock on wood).

In short, two thumbs up for the new place. And thanks again to the mods for setting it up, be it temporary or not.

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:06 pm

More Snark, less work. Whatever is in the best interests of the mods who are donating their time, obviously..

I agree with this.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  mozzarella on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Voted for the new place, although to be honest I prefer the look/interface of SF 3.0 (spoiler tags notwithstanding!).

mozzarella

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:07 am

I voted for here. I think the response (or rather lack thereof) from Forumer was appalling and I would not want to be left to their whims again.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:32 am

We're coming up on the end of this poll in the next few days. Bumping the thread in case anyone who migrated over the course past month hasn't voted yet.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:35 pm

I voted for here as well, even though I have major issues with change. But I'm getting used to this board, and if it's easier for the mods and more reliable, then this seems to be the best choice.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Well, it's been more than a month, the holidays are past, and the results look pretty decisive: looks like we're staying here. The old board will stay where it is, in case we need to go back to it for some reason or you just want to peruse "classic" threads.
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2