Doctor Who

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Doctor Who - Page 16 Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post  QueenSix on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:58 pm

I went through a multitude of emotions watching this episode. And I was definitely NOT expecting that reveal but then I hadn't been reading any theories or speculation on Missy's identity so it might have been out there already.

I cannot believe that we are the finale already. It doesn't seem like all that long ago that I was counting down to August. WTF, linear time, WTF?!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:37 am

My DVR cut out as Danny and the rest of the Cybermen were blasting off into the sky. Can anyone recap what happened after that? Tumblr is giving me a headache trying to sift through and places where I usually stream stuff that I missed seem to all have had cease and desists issued from the Beeb.

From the parts I did see - I was VERY upset with the death of Osgood. I thought they were teasing her to be the next companion which I would have loved. And I found it kind of boring.

To be honest, I've found the whole season kind of boring. The only episodes I enjoyed were the first one, and mostly because of the Paternoster Gang, and the one where the forest has overgrown London. Maybe the heist one, too. It's not Capaldi, and I enjoyed Clara more this year than last, but it still feels like it's missing something.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:52 am

The Cybermen destroy the clouds. Missy tells the Doctor some coordinates she claims are Gallifrey, then Clara tries to kill Missy but is stopped by the Doctor who promises to kill Missy himself if that's the only way to keep Clara from doing it, but before he can Missy transports away. The Doctor and Clara find Kate laying among the tombstones - a Cyberman caught her as she flew out of the plane and rescued her. The Doctor realizes the Cyberman in question is the Brig, offers him a salute, then the Cyberman flies away.

Two weeks later, Danny reaches out from wherever he ended up - the bracelet has enough juice for one person to make one trip back, and he sends the young Pakistani boy back and asks Clara to help him find his family.

The Doctor goes to the coordinates Missy gave him and finds nothing.

The Doctor and Clara meet up for coffee. She begins to try to tell him something, but he keeps interrupting, assuming that from the way Clara's wearing the bracelet that she and Danny are together, and she gives up trying to tell him the truth. He tells her Missy's coordinates were right and that he's going home. They hug. She asks why he doesn't like hugging, he says, "It's just another way to hide your face." They both look miserable.

Credits roll. But as soon as cast credits are over, we cut to the Doctor alone in the TARDIS. A knocking. Then the door opens. The Doctor stands as a voice says, "No no no. You can't just leave it like that!"

Camera reveals Nick Frost as Santa Claus. "Wondered when I was going to get around to you! Now... what do you want for Christmas?"

End.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:05 am

So, I missed all the major emotional beats and the end of Clara's run. Sounds about right.

But yay Nick Frost!

Thanks Laddical!
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Very nice recap, Laddical!

I admit to squeeing ("Permission to SQUEE!") when Nick Frost made his entrance. LOVE him.

(Dare I hope that the Christmas special won't be dark and horrible like usual? The Doctor needs a break.)
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  kergulen on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:55 am

So, what did people think of the Xmas special?

I didn't like the hint of a real Santa Claus, just to mollify angry parents.
kergulen
kergulen

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:34 am

kergulen wrote:So, what did people think of the Xmas special?

I didn't like the hint of a real Santa Claus, just to mollify angry parents.

I thought that it was excellent, and I didn't mind the hint as a touch of mystery and whimsy, the latter of which has been largely absent from this season after an admitted overdose during the Matt Smith years.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  kergulen on Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:45 am

Why should DW promote the myth of Santa Claus?

And by the way, Doctor Who, why did we have (American) "Santa Claus" and not (British) "Father Christmas"?
kergulen
kergulen

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am

kergulen wrote:Why should DW promote the myth of Santa Claus?

And by the way, Doctor Who, why did we have (American) "Santa Claus" and not (British) "Father Christmas"?

I'm not certain that they did promote the myth. You're free to place your own interpretation on the tangerine. It's adding a level of ambiguity onto which you can project whatever you wish. Perhaps there's a real Santa. Perhaps Clara put it there earlier. Perhaps Santa exists, but he's actually an alien of some sort. There's no particular reason that you have to choose one take on the matter over another.

As for the Santa vs. Father Christmas thing, that's a good question, though not one that bothered me overmuch. I can certainly understand others finding it annoying, though.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:11 pm

kergulen wrote:Why should DW promote the myth of Santa Claus?

It's a kid's show about an alien travelling around in a magical time bending box. How is a playful nod to Father Christmas not in fact completely appropriate? They had an episode that incorporated the myth of Robin Hood as well.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  dday515 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:56 pm

I watched the episode with my six year olds. I was super thankful for the nod at the end, because up until that point, I thought we might be getting ready for a Santa conversation that I was hoping to put off another few years.

dday515

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:25 pm

It's a kid's show about an alien travelling around in a magical time bending box. wrote:
I think a lot of Americans forget, or just don't know, that it's considered a children's show in its country of origin.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:41 pm

My mother in law nearly had a conniption when I informed her of that fact on Christmas.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 am

naughty zoot wrote:
I think a lot of Americans forget, or just don't know, that it's considered a children's show in its country of origin.

I think "family show" might be a more accurate description.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:30 am

I think "family show" might be a more accurate description.
Steven Moffat doesn't agree.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:20 am

So Jenna is leaving....http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/2a2689a8-5c52-46af-8e69-2fad42c46da3
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:50 pm

As she is far and away my least favorite Companion this does not upset me at all.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:35 pm

I don't *dislike* her, but I'm perfectly good with her being on her way. I kinda think she should've gone during the Christmas episode when she was initially planning on leaving.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:01 pm

I'm still kind of annoyed that the last regular episode of Eleven ended with the two of them "in" his own timeline, where he jumped in to rescue her, and being freaked out that John Hurt is there... and the next thing we see: She's teaching! He's wacky! Everything's fine! No explanation of what happened with that cliffhanger!

I do like Clara (and Jenna), but I felt like last season was All About Clara Is Going To Go, and then yanked the rug out at the last second, so where are they gonna go now?
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:47 pm

The latest series started tonight on BBC1. It's a two parter so there's a good bit of setting up the story but it's good.

About tonight for anyone who is spoiler free::
Miss is freaking hilarious as well as being unpredictably dangerous. She's got to be the best variation of the Master so far.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:09 pm

I enjoyed this episode more than any of the episodes from the previous season, so I'm optimistic.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:13 pm

That entrance was the best thing ever.
Peter Capaldi, Punk Rocker.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Was that really him playing the guitar? Was he in a band?

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Yup! Back in the day, he was in a punk band called Dreamboys with Craig Ferguson.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Bizarre new Doctor Who spinoff announced. Taking place at the school where Clara works!

The guy writing it -Patrick Ness- wrote an amazing YA series called Chaos Walking. It was quite a disturbing story, but really interesting. My son read it and then told me I had to read it too, and I was glad I did.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next