Doctor Who

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Doctor Who

Post  Luthien on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:57 pm

I've never seen Farscape, I don't know who Ben Browder is, but I'm still ridiculously excited over this rumour, because HE'S A GUY! Even the rumour of a potential male companion makes my day. It's something different!

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:28 pm

I hope that this is true and he wears leather pants.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:49 pm

Casting teases throw doubt on that, though it's possible.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Ooh, I didn't know that there was a big announcement happening tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up, Eris!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:47 pm

I like all of the Doctors. All of them. But somehow, Eleven is my very favorite at all! So at the end of that article when they said Matt Smith is staying on for at least one more series after this one, I went weak with relief! Whew!
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:32 am

Here's the announcement: Jenna-Louise Coleman to be the Doctor's new companion.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:34 am

Luthien wrote:Here's the announcement: Jenna-Louise Coleman to be the Doctor's new companion.

Ugh/Yay! I hate/love her! She's too ugly/pretty/talented/untalented/insert own comment here! Moffat is a hack/genius! The show is ruined/going to be brilliant!

If hanging out on the internets has taught me anything, it's that it's never too soon to start making judgements on TV shows. I'm just covering all the bases there so I can say how right I was when the show starts.

I will miss the Ponds though. *sad sigh*

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:01 am

Not keen on her, but she's not actively offensive or annoying so she'll probably do. I just hope her character isn't yet another one from the 21st century. Where's my Victorian companion, dammit?
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  nazlan on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:48 am

The thing that worries me the most about that article is the "heartbreaking" exit of Amy. Dammit, Moffet, I don't want it to be heartbreaking! I want my Ponds to be happy!
nazlan

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:54 pm

I have no idea who she is, though I think that I vaguely remember her from Captain America. Wait and see, I suppose.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Unless she ISN'T playing yet another 21st century female, I'm massively disappointed with this choice. Isn't about time for something different, like an older woman or a man? Or robot, even. Anything different, at this point.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:20 pm

I was kind of hoping he'd go 20 years in the future and pick up Stormageddon: Dark Lord of All for his companion. I think that kid is going to be something special. (I'm totally seriously about that.)
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:02 pm

dionneshea wrote:I was kind of hoping he'd go 20 years in the future and pick up Stormageddon: Dark Lord of All for his companion. I think that kid is going to be something special. (I'm totally seriously about that.)
Knowing this show, he's probably the Master or something.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:32 pm

dionneshea wrote:I was kind of hoping he'd go 20 years in the future and pick up Stormageddon: Dark Lord of All for his companion.

I will now officially be disappointed in any companion (no matter how awesome) until this happens.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:03 pm

For Classic Who fans, the BBC Doctor Who website is celebrating Patrick Troughton's birthday this weekend by collecting favourite scenes and memories of the Second Doctor. He's my favourite Doctor: it was hard to choose just a few scenes, even with the handicap of so much of his material lost in the great BBC burnination.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:44 am

Good peoples of the Snarkfest Doctor Who thread, today is a glorious day. (And not just because it's actually sunny here in Ireland though if this week is the sum total of my summer, I'm going to be mad). No, it is SEVEN YEARS to the day since Nine came into our lives and whisked us and Rose Tyler off on a magical adventure that ended up with us finding out exactly what the Bad Wolf was.

And not only that, but today we have a preview of the new season. Rupert Graves and Ben Browder can be spotted in there too.

Huzzah! Etc.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:06 am

Hip hip hooray! I didn't start watching until the dvds were available on Netflix. I miss the mainlining episodes a bit.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:46 am

Very excited by that trailer! And also very nervous. I'm not ready to say good-bye to the Ponds just yet!
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:47 pm

Ben Browder makes anything better.

(Which makes this just a notch over completely wretched.)
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:01 pm

I can't say I'm too happy about how this season in being split up over the next year, or how seemingly mundane the new companion is, but at least seeing Rupert Graves and Ben Browder in the trailer cheered me up a bit.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Why do you think the new companion is mundane? (I don't know much about the new companion so I am curious)
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:54 pm

I am just disappointed that the show had gone with another female in her 20s. The show is popular enough now where there were so many opportunities do something different and go in another direction, but they played it fairly safe.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:36 pm

What sort of companion would you like to see? (beyond a woman in her twenties) I am always interested in hearing what people would like to see. I really liked Donna partly because her relationship with the Doctor wasn't filled with romantic subtext and that she wasn't in her early twenties.
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:02 pm

I would love to see an older lady, or maybe a woman that's not conventionally attractive? I remember in The Writer's Tale Russell T. Davies shooting down the idea of having the female character in Planet of the Dead being an overweight Tracy Turnblad type, and suggested that the writer make that character a sexy cat burglar instead. That was depressing to me.

Even the Ben Browder rumors were great, because I would love to see some different types of interactions between Doctor and companion.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:00 pm

Hasn't the companion -- apart from Donna -- always been a chick in her 20s, since the RTD started it up again? I'm not a die-hard watcher of the show (but many of my friends are), so I can't speak on the characters themselves, but I think I remember Rose, Martha, Donna, Rose (again) and then Amy.

Maybe that's why people loved Donna so much -- not a young girl, none of those romantic attachments -- just two buddies wreaking havoc. It was just different.

I'm talking completely out of my ass here, but a Gabby Sidibe-esque character would be fun. That big bubbly personality would just be game for anything.

Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top