Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Crushes

+26
stargirl
LadyGayle
roseland
Instant Monkeys
Lis
blixie
Jasmine
Gillian
inversed
BrightEyes
Francie Nolan
Luthien
SelfAmused
gannetguts
tiller
Grainne Mhaol
particle_person
katesti
Lurker
bluebird
naughty zoot
Crowbridge
whatthedeuce
mokey75
big chicken
Paris, Texas
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Literary Crushes Empty Literary Crushes

Post  Paris, Texas Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:37 pm

The best thing about the holidays (apart from the food. And the alcohol. And the sleep-ins. And the old movies on TV. And feeling very proud of myself for surviving the relatives having neither produced nor caused any tears, scowls or raised blood pressure) is having the time to reduce the height of Mount To-Be-Read.

So I just finished Veronica Roth's Divergent several months after everyone else and am totally sweet on Four. *sigh* Yes, I am that easily malleable.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Literary Crushes Empty Re: Literary Crushes

Post  big chicken Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Even after all these years, Michael Olson from Christopher Pike's Final Friends trilogy still makes my heart flutter.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:56 pm

It's tough to choose between Cricket and St. Claire from the Stephanie Perkins books, but I feel like there's no losing in that battle, so it doesn't really matter.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Paris, Texas wrote:So I just finished Veronica Roth's Divergent several months after everyone else and am totally sweet on Four. *sigh* Yes, I am that easily malleable.
I totally LOVE Four and what a badass he is. Reading about his manpain makes me want to cuddle him and tell him everything will be alright.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:47 pm

Two words: Nathaniel Eaton.

Who is he, you might ask? Well, he just happened to be Kit Tyler's love interest in one of my favorite YA novels, The Witch of Blackbird Pond. He was a sea captain's son, and risked his life to save an old lady who was branded as a witch. He also loved Kit for who she was, which was quite impressive since the story takes place in Puritan times. Totally hot, IMHO.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Melrose Plant, from Martha Grimes Richard Jury series. Bottle green eyes and a lordship he declines. Though not the accompanying fortune.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebird Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:41 pm

Morelli AND Ranger from the Stephanie Plum series. Like Steph, I just can't choose!

bluebird

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurker Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:07 pm

Most of mine come from YA books. I remember having a big crush on both Jim and Fred from the Sally Lockhart books. I also thought considering his dad, Jem Finch might have grown up nicely. (I always hoped Atticus and Miss Maudie had a secret affair) Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables books was another.

I also have a soft spot for Erast Fandorin, at least from the few books of that series I have read, and Captain Wentworth, mainly because of the letter. Maxilien Morel( count of monte cristo's buddy), and the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:31 pm

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:01 am

Such a long list. Amy from "The Haunting of Hillcrest." (I was 12?) Vicky Bliss in Elizabeth Peters' work. Kim Murray in "Coronets and Steel" although she is almost the same character as Vicky Bliss. Polly O'Keefe in L'Engle's "An Acceptible Time."
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Henry Tilney all the way.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tiller Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:16 am

Oh, Nathaniel Eaton! He and Kit were one of my first literary ships.

I'll also agree with Henry Tilney. And Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gilbert Blythe, Carrot from Discworld, and Sirius Black.

tiller

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:37 am

bluebird wrote:Morelli AND Ranger from the Stephanie Plum series. Like Steph, I just can't choose!

Yep yep yep!

Also, now and forever -- Atticus Finch.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  SelfAmused Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:44 pm

bluebird wrote:Morelli AND Ranger from the Stephanie Plum series. Like Steph, I just can't choose!

Hmmm . . . well I think Stephanie should choose Morelli, but I know that I'd probably go with Ranger.

Going back to childhood days, though--Gilbert Blythe and Philip Hall

SelfAmused

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Two words: Nathaniel Eaton.

Oh yes.

For me, there's Faramir from LOTR, Jingle Gordon from Pat of Silver Bush, Taran from Lloyd Alexander's Prydain Chronicles, Caspian from the Chronicles of Narnia, and Nicholas from Nicholas Nickleby.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  Francie Nolan Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:48 pm

Oh wow, I had forgotten about my crush on Nathaniel Eaton. In eighth grade we had to read The Witch of Blackbird Pond aloud in class. The teacher, who was not the brightest bulb, would sometimes read aloud, too, and she kept mispronouncing words. "Turret" was "TOUR-et" (like Tourette's Syndrome), "damask" was "DA-mask," and "famished" was "FUH-mished." This made my inner Lisa Simpson twitch. Instead of bursting into nerdy rage, I would sit quietly and fantasize about Nathaniel and Kit and their eternal love. If the internet had existed, I'm sure I would have been writing fan fiction. Or designing a Geocities page with puffy pink heart mouse trails.

Let's see: there was also Gilbert Blythe, of course. And Laurie from Little Women. Though when I've reread it as an adult, I've kind of developed feelings for the Professor. I mean, I'm still angry at Jo for not accepting Laurie, and this certainly doesn't let Amy off the hook, the little man-stealer. But...Friedrich does have a certain appeal. I blame Gabriel Byrne.

Also, Mr. Rochester, now and forever. I know, I know. I need Anne Bronte to slap some sense into me. Though I love I do love Gilbert Markham, too!

Oooh, I almost forgot George Emerson. Sigh.

Francie Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:13 am

Since I'm re-reading The Hunger Games series in anticipation of the movie, I'm nursing a pretty serious crush on Peeta. He's considerate! He's sarcastic! He's devoted!

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:07 am

I always thought Cap Garland from the Little House books would be a pretty cool boyfriend for preteen me.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:46 pm

BrightEyes wrote:Since I'm re-reading The Hunger Games series in anticipation of the movie, I'm nursing a pretty serious crush on Peeta. He's considerate! He's sarcastic! He's devoted!
Ugh, I love how dedicated he is to Katniss, and he's so thoughtful and considerated of her feelings and needs even under the harshest conditions and in the scariest of situations. Hearts in my eyes for that kid.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Total, absolute love and adoration for Peeta. When I started The Hunger Games, I had to go on Wikipedia and look up his fate. The outcome of the triangle was secondary, I just HAD to know if he lived or died so I could prepare myself properly. It's the only time I've ever intentionally spoiled myself for a book series.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurker Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:57 am

Cap Garland was pretty cool. I've been doing my winter break reading and have rediscovered Calvin O'Keefe from Madeleine L'Engle's books. I also second the mention of Faramir, the only character who seemed to show good sense when confronted with evil.

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:32 am

Joe Willard, forever and ever. I swoon whenever I reread the high school Betsy books.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:52 am

I've been rereading the Percy Jackson series and there's so much to love about him. In The Son of Neptune, he
Spoiler:
How often has a hero taken time out of a quest to do that?

I loved Peeta, too! I like his ability to make beautiful cupcakes. It's a small thing but one that I'd really appreciate in real life.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:34 pm

So I'm the first to fess up to Troy Tatteron, Heaven's uncle-lover owner of romantic cottages, tiny toy maker, poetry writer, white shirt wearing, *long fingered* player of, um, pianos?

Okay then.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:38 pm

How could I forget Almanzo Wilder? He was pretty hot in real life, too.

Last edited by Crowbridge on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next