Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Good Quotes

+76
dionneshea
year of the cat
BrightEyes
Gillian
Tabby
jstilwe
Never Enough
Melk
Binky
inversed
The Glen
rivki8699
salamandersam
caltrask55
TiffanyNichelle
Sheli
Kiran
chick binewski
Coneycat
mayram
Grainne Mhaol
laddical
curryalley
choubetcha
Lily Rose
bookworm
Luthien
ActonBell
Lis
Escape
vwlphb
themis
Jude
Crowbridge
The Dude
mandalaya
maxell131313
Raksha
queenofdenile
Heather
QueenSix
Genevieve
Cutebutpsycho
GoodbyeWithWords
naughty zoot
puddingcup
Decca
particle_person
Poubelle
mokey75
whatthedeuce
Eris Rising
schwa
Gallifrey Girl
Wildog27
SarahJanet
wenchsenior
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Putli Bai
nikita
bbridges
biakbiak
Carrie Ann
epudom
blixie
Matinee
Unlucky Bear
Instant Monkeys
Red Wolf
mrinsouciance
Bad Username
big chicken
tothemax
Morning Angel
Miss Moneypenny
80 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Celebrity Good Quotes - Page 6 Empty Re: Celebrity Good Quotes

Post  Poubelle Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Yeah, there are some fabrics that are just completely unforgiving. And if the skirt's not long enough, you can't wear something like Spanx that will hide the lines (and quite frankly, sometimes Spanx are too uncomfortable).

What's creepy is how accepted it is for paparazzi to seek out crotch shots. That is fucking wrong.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:51 pm

And frankly it might not have even matter if she was wearing underwear or not. I remember a few years back there was that upskirt of Emma Watson and she WAS wearing underwear but the flashes rendered them totally see through.

In Hathaway's case that dress appeared to be made of an EXTREMELY unforgiving fabric, the type that would probably show a panty line no matter what and she most likely figured that as it was floor length and her slit wasn't that high it would be fine.

So what my point is, why are people sticking cameras up ladies' no no areas, regardless of what they choose to wear or not wear as far as undergarments go, its gross and invasive.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Exactly, she could have been wearing the granny panties from The Bridget Jones' Diary, why are they taking pictures down there still and why are they allowed to sell them? It's no different to me than the creepy dude who takes up skirt pictures of women on the train or on the stairs. You do this at a comic con and people are ready to kill. Do it at a premiere and they line up to buy them and say the actress was asking for that attention.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Well, as far as "stiking the camera there", it really does appear to have been unintentional on the part of the paparazzo - it is a standard "getting out of the limo" picture that just happened to have unfortunate dress positioning.

Asshole should have just deleted the picture, so right there he's pretty much scum. But he doesn't appear to have gone *looking* for the picture.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:21 pm

I feel like in this day and age, paparazzi know the possibilities with a getting out of a limo shot and so I am not even going to give him that benefit of the doubt, particularly as you said, he didn't delete it, he sold the picture.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Matt Damon addressing old gay rumors about him and Ben.

"I never denied those rumors because I was offended and didn’t want to offend my friends who were gay -- as if being gay were some kind of f**king disease...the whole thing was just gross," Damon told the magazine. "But look, there have been great signs of progress -- the fact that Anderson Cooper and Ellen DeGeneres can come out so beautifully and powerfully, and it’s a big f**king deal that it turns out nobody gives a shit. If Liberace were alive today, everybody would love his music and nobody would care what he did in his private life."

Edit for source: Link!

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Oh, Matt Damon. Never change.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:10 pm

And THAT is why he's been pretty much my fave celeb for about a decade now.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Hugh Grant owns up:
Turns out my inner crab got the better of me with TV producer in 09. Unforgivable. J Stewart correct to give me kicking.
I like his honesty.

Also, Arnold Schwarzenegger is surprisingly wise:
On New Year's Eve, you can just blabber out: I want to lose twenty pounds and I'm gonna read more. But what does that mean? There's too many variables there. If you're really serious about it, then write down when you're gonna lose the twenty pounds by. Is it March 1? Is it June 1? Make a commitment.
And funny:
It was one of my early goals to be a millionaire. In the beginning, I wanted to have a gold Rolex, a Rolls-Royce, a cheetah — just stupid things that you think of when you're a kid. Then time goes by. The Rolls-Royce thing went out the window, because when you get to the level where you can afford one, all of a sudden you say, "It's a little bit over the top." A cheetah? I think in California they got rid of the law that says you can have wild animals. Having a cheetah is a stupid idea.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Arnold shouldn't be lecturing anyone about commitment.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Yeah, I forgot all about that. But I still think he has a good point.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:38 pm

I do too. He has demonstrated commitment to bodybuilding and health, but maybe he should have tried harder to apply some of that dedication and commitment to other areas of his life. It might be telling that bodybuilding can be a very selfish pursuit.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:29 am

He's surprisingly likable there, but a bit clueless, like not understanding that a Rolls Royce may be a bit over the top for an action star, but driving a Humvee is definitely over the top for a Governor of California.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Kelly Clarkson is the best:

“There’s not a fad diet. I was working with a trainer. You’d be amazed the amount of weight you can drop by halving your portions. I know it sounds crazy, but do it for two weeks and watch what happens.’ I just cut back my portions, I stopped eating late at night, and I work out a little more than I used to, and I literally dropped 18 pounds in a month. I think it happens when you get really busy. But when I’m on my off-time – girl, those 18 might come back.”

I love how she's like "I might gain it all back! No big!" (Also she gives me more hope, since I'm trying to stop eating late at night right now!)
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Found Anna Kendrick saying this by way of the web comic Multiplex.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:48 pm

I love her. She's one of my favorite celebs on Twitter, specifically because of things like that.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:30 am

OMG. Her tweets crack me up. One of my friend's follows her, and I got caught up reading Anna's tweets for 15 minutes last week!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 am

I recently followed her on Twitter and feel this was a solid decision, she's so adorable and funny.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:48 pm

Kareem Abdul Jabar has come out as a fan of things other than sports. And in response to some backlash he got after writing a review of Girls, he wrote an awesome article. The best bit:

There was much reaction. Some questioned why a man my age would watch a show about girls in their twenties, as if they'd just discovered me hanging around a school playground with a shopping bag full of candy in one hand a fluffy puppy in the other. Of course, these critics are right. When I read Moby Dick I first had to convince the bookseller that I was a former whaler named Queequeg. When I read the poetry of Sylvia Plath, I had to pretend I was a depressed white woman with daddy issues. Don't worry, I used a fake ID.

Although honestly, the whole thing is amazing. Go read it.
rivki8699
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:08 pm

I love Kareem Abdul Jabbar. And I'm glad hes responding. A lot of the critique he got seemed so gross to me. Like who is the black athlete to think he can talk about cultural matters? He was in Airplane bitches, bow.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:24 pm

I thought that was awesome. He's now the second athlete I actively like (after Kluwe). In both cases for something other than sports.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm Irish. I'm not a huge sports person and know nothing about basketball in any country, including my own. I grew up pre-internet in a country where during the eighties, you had to go up to Northern Ireland to get the really interesting flavoured biscuits and crisps.

But when I saw Airplane, I fucking knew who Kareem Abul Jabbar was and I told my parents that he was a basketball player in America so that speech he just gave to that kid about the other guy being on his back the whole time on the court, that was extra funny!!

So don't go around saying that he can't comment on cultural things because HE IS FUCKING POP CULTURE!!!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Jessica Chastain, from her public Facebook page:

I find it very sad that media makes up bogus stories about women fighting in this industry. Filming The Help was the most amazing experience and yet, that is the film Im most asked about in regards to "fighting on set". Why do we support the myth that women are competitive and cannot get along? I think all of the actresses recognized this year have given incredible performances. But more important, they've all shown themselves to be filled with generosity and kindness. I've done two photo shoots with Jennifer Lawrence over the years and have found her to be utterly charming and a great talent. I've told her how beautiful her film work is.

Please don't allow the media to perpetuate the myth that women arent supportive of each other. Everytime an actress is celebrated for her great work, I cheer. For the more brilliant their performance, the more the audience demands stories about women. With support and encouragement, we help to inspire this industry to create opportunities for women. And as we all know: a great year for women in film, is just a great year for film xxjes

Awesome. My friend met her the other day after seeing The Heiress and said she was the nicest celebrity she's ever met (and she's stage-doored a lot).
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Brava, Miss Chastain! It's so odd how much people loving pitting women against one another. You just don't hear that much about men fighting or sabotaging on sets, but everytime there's a project featuring plenty of women, there's always rumors of everyone hating each other.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:05 am

I want to give Willow Smith a hug now:

Willow was supposed to be doing Annie, we got Jay-Z to do the movie, got the studio to come in and Willow had such a difficult time on tour with Whip My Hair and she said, "You know Daddy, I don't think so," and I said, "Baby, hold up!" I said, "No, no, no, listen, you'll be in New York with all of your friends and Beyoncé will be there. You will be singing and dancing," and she looked at me and said, "Daddy, I have a better idea, how about I just be 12."

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next