View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Celebrity Good Quotes

Post  whatthedeuce on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:30 pm

10 points to Scalzi!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Not like I haven't always loved Kevin Bacon (Quicksliver REPREZENT), but he's got some great quotes in Haute Living re: actors/fame/celebrity, particularly about having walked around with prosthetics so as to experience what it's like NOT to be famous/Kevin Bacon.

“I always have to make it as clear as I possibly can that fame is 99.9 percent good,

“First off, I’ve always said before that there are two kinds of actors: actors that want to be famous, and liars."

He concedes it's *weird* to always be recognized and judged by this impossible to meet image that is out there, and that there are privacy issues, but he's very very clear the benefits make those negatives infinitesimal, and concludes his experience with the prosthetics sucked, it sucked to be ignored, it sucked not to be SEEN and recognized, it sucked not to get the perks.

It also kind of reminds me of the Beastie Boys speaking about the "free shit program" that comes with making it, they were scathing and self aware about it, isn't this gross giving people free shit? But they absolutely enjoyed every bit of the free shit.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:08 pm

After a long haul through the swamps of Dumb Quotes, Kanye West stumbles into being thoughtful, understanding, and compassionate regarding Bruce Jenner.

"You know what really turned me around thinking about this? Kanye," Jenner recounts Kim telling him.

According to Jenner, West told his wife: "Look, I can be married to the most beautiful woman in the world, and I am. I can have the most beautiful little daughter in the world, and I have that. But I'm nothing if I can't be me; if I can't be true to myself, they don't mean anything."
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:22 pm

I think it's really shocking but awesome that, of all people, Kanye West gets where Bruce Jenner is coming from and has helped someone else begin to grasp the difficulty and enormity of Bruce's experience and the choices that Bruce is now making to be the person he's always felt that he has hidden deep down inside.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Eris Rising wrote:After a long haul through the swamps of Dumb Quotes, Kanye West stumbles into being thoughtful, understanding, and compassionate regarding Bruce Jenner.

"You know what really turned me around thinking about this? Kanye," Jenner recounts Kim telling him.

According to Jenner, West told his wife: "Look, I can be married to the most beautiful woman in the world, and I am. I can have the most beautiful little daughter in the world, and I have that. But I'm nothing if I can't be me; if I can't be true to myself, they don't mean anything."

Kanye has frequently behaved like a twit in public, but he also gives the impression he's got a good heart. I'm somehow more surprised that he expressed it that clearly and simply, than that he feels that way. I'm glad Kim's in Jenner's corner over this, family support has to be so important.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Kanye West's birthday is 2 days before mine which makes him a Gemini*. We talk a lot of shit - we're not called the Twin sign for nothing and sometimes we say the wrong thing out loud or sound like we're high but we just have a lot of thoughts to express at the one time. When it's a serious topic that we are concerned with, we're usually on form. I'm not pretending that I have any great understanding or love for Kanye West or that he is the greatest person ever, but he does make a bit more sense to me ever since I found that out.

So none of what he said about Bruce Jenner surprises me really.

*I don't live my life by horoscopes but for the longest time, I have found that the majority of people are quite like their star sign. One of the Brownies has the same birthday as my mother. So I have two strong willed Scorpios in my life who are intent on questioning everything I say. Jesus take the wheel.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:33 pm

I have no doubt that Kanye West is a raging egomaniac with an over-inflated opinion of himself. But yeah, I've got to agree that I think he's probably a genuinely good person underneath all that. Or at least he tries to be, which is half the battle frankly.
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:20 pm

I just love that we live in a world where someone tries to explain to Kim Kardashian the value of being true to your authentic interior self.

lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:23 am

THE RED BULLETIN: What could
we learn from James Bond that would
help us in our day-to-day lives?

DANIEL CRAIG: [Thinks for a short
while] Nothing.

Speaking of women, many men admire Bond for his way with the ladies
But let's not forget that he’s actually a misogynist. A lot of women are drawn to him chiefly because he embodies a certain kind of danger and never sticks around for too long.

What about you? Are you the kind of guy who sticks around?
Well, I’ve been married for four years.

Bond has actually become a bit more chivalrous in the most recent films, hasn’t he?
That's because we've surrounded him with very strong women who have no problem putting him in his place.

And this time you’ve gone one better, showing 007 succumbing to the charms of an older woman.
I think you mean the charms of a woman his own age. We’re talking about Monica Bellucci, for heaven’s sake. When someone like that wants to be a Bond girl, you just count yourself lucky!
Source

Last edited by particle_person on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:28 am

Oh Daniel Craig.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:28 am

I get the feeling he put more thought into the answers than the interviewer did the questions. The interviewer seemed a bit surprised or taken aback at some points. And Craig seemed a bit grumpy, maybe.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Ever since I was a kid, I've always been put off by the idea of James Bond because of his interactions with women. It's good to see that Craig recognizes that Bond's former relations with the opposite sex aren't something to admire and to hear that the newer films involve stronger female characters who will stand up to Bond.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Red Wolf wrote:I get the feeling he put more thought into the answers than the interviewer did the questions. The interviewer seemed a bit surprised or taken aback at some points. And Craig seemed a bit grumpy, maybe.

I get the impression Craig is pretty much done with Bond. (That interview where he said he'd rather cut his wrists than play Bond again was startling, although he might have been tired that day.) But I'd imagine that any blockbuster franchise character would get a bit tiresome to play after a while. He's my favourite Bond but I wouldn't wish a role like that on anyone for more than three or four movies.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top