Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Good Quotes

+76
dionneshea
year of the cat
BrightEyes
Gillian
Tabby
jstilwe
Never Enough
Melk
Binky
inversed
The Glen
rivki8699
salamandersam
caltrask55
TiffanyNichelle
Sheli
Kiran
chick binewski
Coneycat
mayram
Grainne Mhaol
laddical
curryalley
choubetcha
Lily Rose
bookworm
Luthien
ActonBell
Lis
Escape
vwlphb
themis
Jude
Crowbridge
The Dude
mandalaya
maxell131313
Raksha
queenofdenile
Heather
QueenSix
Genevieve
Cutebutpsycho
GoodbyeWithWords
naughty zoot
puddingcup
Decca
particle_person
Poubelle
mokey75
whatthedeuce
Eris Rising
schwa
Gallifrey Girl
Wildog27
SarahJanet
wenchsenior
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Putli Bai
nikita
bbridges
biakbiak
Carrie Ann
epudom
blixie
Matinee
Unlucky Bear
Instant Monkeys
Red Wolf
mrinsouciance
Bad Username
big chicken
tothemax
Morning Angel
Miss Moneypenny
80 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Celebrity Good Quotes - Page 4 Empty Re: Celebrity Good Quotes

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:27 pm

If I could favorite a quote, I would do it with this one.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Two celebrity quotes that made me smile that I read in the past few days.

The first is from the Hunger Games publicity run:
Question: Did you picture yourself as Katniss?
Jennifer Lawrence: No.
Josh Hutcherson: I did.
Jennifer Lawrence: You pictured me?
Josh Hutcherson: No. I pictured myself as Katniss.
I was already a Josh Hutcherson fan from way back, but this makes me like him even more. (And it's a nice counterpoint to the wave of celebrity bullshit misogyny that seems to be spreading lately.)

The second is from the Captain America premiere:
Robert Downey Jr: “Please someone tell Chris Evans not take his role so seriously that he actually thinks he is Captain America, like I think I’m Tony Stark right now. It’s a problem. Ask my wife.”
I totally believe that he believes he's Tony Stark, because I also believe he is Tony Stark.

Last edited by vwlphb on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:51 pm

That Hutcherson quote is great. I think just about everything out of Jennifer Lawrence's mouth is interview gold, too. She is a funny, funny lady.

And about RDJ and Tony Stark, one of my favorite comments I've ever seen on one of his interviews when Avengers came out (I think it was in response to a screen cap on tumblr) said "Everyone keeps talking about how hard it's going to be for Tom Hiddleston when he figures out he's not really Loki, but can we please talk about how much therapy Tony Stark is going to need when he realizes he's Robert Downey Jr.?" Hee!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Escape Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:05 am

vwlphb wrote:
The second is from the Captain America premiere:
Robert Downey Jr: “Please someone tell Chris Evans not take his role so seriously that he actually thinks he is Captain America, like I think I’m Tony Stark right now. It’s a problem. Ask my wife.”
I totally believe that he believes he's Tony Stark, because I also believe he is Tony Stark.

Me too! And every time he does stuff like this or crashing a mini Iron Man competition AS Tony Stark? I believe it just a little bit more.
Escape
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:03 pm

I was thinking about this at work this afternoon (because why not), and was trying to decide who's having more fun - RDJ as Tony Stark/Iron Man, or Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow. Both are making ridiculous amounts of money playing larger than life characters, and both are willing to turn up in character/costume to amuse a bunch of kids.

Then I started writing fanfic in my head, and decided I better get back to work.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:16 pm

I was saying to a friend the other day that when the inevitable 'reboot' of Iron Man comes along - and it will - there is just no way they will ever have anyone who so perfectly embodies a character as RDJ has. Which is kind of hilarious given that when it was first announced that an Iron Man picture was in the works, I was all, "Iron Man? Who cares about Iron Man!" and *then* to find out that, of all people, it was RDJ who was playing Tony Stark? I just couldn't imagine it at all. It seemed like casting right up there with Michael Keaton as Batman.

Thankfully I've been proven *way* wrong on my initial assumptions, heh.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Putli Bai wrote:I was thinking about this at work this afternoon (because why not), and was trying to decide who's having more fun - RDJ as Tony Stark/Iron Man, or Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow. Both are making ridiculous amounts of money playing larger than life characters, and both are willing to turn up in character/costume to amuse a bunch of kids.

Then I started writing fanfic in my head, and decided I better get back to work.

There's actually an interview where Johnny Depp talks about how he's been friends with RDJ for years (he calls him "Bob Downey"!) and had him over for dinner, then realized his error when his son was like, "OMG, it's Iron Man! Sorry Dad, superheroes trump pirates!"
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:02 am

Escape wrote:
Me too! And every time he does stuff like this or crashing a mini Iron Man competition AS Tony Stark? I believe it just a little bit more.

There's a comment on the first link that sums it up for me: "Tony Stark does a great Robert Downey, Jr. impression"
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Lis Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:33 am

(Edited. Sorry -nothing to see here.)

Lis

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Proof that even assholes can be decent human beings, Christian Bale visits shooting victims in the hospital.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:51 pm

I have never thought he was an asshole, but that was a very nice thing to do.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Yeah, I think he can definitely act like an asshole, but I don't actually consider him an asshole, in general. He's always seemed to me like a very dark yet sensitive person, so the fact that the tragedy hit him hard enough that he wanted to reach out doesn't really surprise me.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:46 pm

I get the sense that his asshole-ishness was mostly in service of him as a Method actor -- that he gets so into his roles that he loses himself, and can convince himself that anything done in service of staying in character doesn't really count (like, perhaps, the rumors that he and Hathaway got it on during the Batman shoot). And sometimes maybe people who have muddy instincts in their private lives like to make up for that with decent acts for other people, because they can't undo the shit they've done to themselves/their loved ones so why not help someone else.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:09 pm

Whoa, never once heard about him and Anne Hathaway! Not there's something that would actually surprise me more than him visiting the shooting victims!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Didn't people guess they were the answer to the Blind Item about costars hooking up and he was just doing it for the role but she thought it was real love?
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Lis Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Chris Brown: "Serious tweet: I THinK SKATEBOARDING AND BREAKDANCING should be an Olympic sport!"
Frankie Boyle [two minutes later]: "Or intergender boxing, you'd be in with a chance of a medal there mate"

Lis

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Gina Torres:
Al Norton: Do you have a personal passion for sci-fi and action or is it more of a coincidence that you've done a lot of those roles?

Gina Torres: It's a coincidence (laughing). I have acquired a taste for it. Some of it is so bad that I am not just an all around fan of the genre but when it's done well it can be brilliant and really expand our minds to what's possible. I have to say that sci-fi and action have giving me a career. I was just having this conversation with a girlfriend of mine not too long ago but I'm the odd girl out. In my 20's I was never anybody's ingénue. I'm damn near six feet tall so I couldn't start my career being the girlfriend or the wife because I hover. Sci-fi and action gave me a voice, a career, a world where I was not odd. I could fit. I could be a warrior. Nobody questions a warrior who's six feet tall; you want your warrior to be six feet tall. For that I love sci-fi and action and will always be grateful to them.

Also:
Al Norton: What drew you to [Jessica, Managing Partner on Suits] when you read the script?

Gina Torres: An ease with her power. Jessica has an ease with power and authority that is something to aspire to and I love playing that. I don't often see women in that position being played with a whole lot of ease, I see them being played with a whole lot of muscle. And some aggression. It was a conscious effort on my part as well, to play her as being so comfortable; I don't want anyone watching this show to think she is where she is by accident. I don't want anyone to think she's uncomfortable with her position. I want them to know she feels more than capable of doing her job every day when she wakes up in the morning.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Gina Torres is awesome. Thank you for posting those quotes, vwlphb!
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:20 pm

Fantastic quotes from Torres! I loved her as Zoe on Firefly, I remember her further back in my high school days when she was on Hercules. I've always wanted to look like her: tall, strong, statuesque. Keep being awesome, Gina!

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:25 pm

She will always be Sydney Bristow's arch enemy Ana Espinosa from ALIAS to me.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:12 pm

She's so dreamy. *sigh*

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:51 am

I adore her. She was awesome in Hercules and even with Cleopatra 2525! I hope they consider her for the female Expendables thing.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Gina Torres always makes it seem like she's at ease with everything she does. If she and Michelle Obama teamed up to give classes on how to look effortlessly classy, cool and elegant, I'd be there like a shot!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:40 am

YA author David Levithan, who interned for Scholastic as a teenager, on Claudia Kishi's clothing:
"It was always amusing because I'd have to use J. Crew catalogs as explainers for what her wardrobe was, like, what are capri pants?" Levithan says. "But those outfits totally hold up! It proves that a fashion eccentric has timeless style; it's cool as long as you pull it off."

Claudia Kishi has timeless style.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:49 pm

I hope Levithan's wife helps him buy his clothes and plan his outfits. I had a roommate whose boyfriend mixed patterns with abandon and it was NOT easy on the eyes for her, her roommates, or anyone who was not legally blind.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next