Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Circle

+7
truecrystal
big chicken
TiffanyNichelle
Raksha
Lily Rose
curryalley
blixie
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Secret Circle Empty The Secret Circle

Post  blixie Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:44 pm

Yeah I'm still sticking with this, there is a really good show in there that is trying to get out!

I think Williamson has the show hitting it's horror beats really well, but they're still struggling with the characters. I do like the new tall Ryan Phillippe brother of Nick, and I still love Shelley Hennig as Diana. I like that she didn't put up with Adam's wandering eye/destiny crap, but that she still really likes Cassie and needs her friendship. I think grounding the show in their sort of pained friendship is the way the show is headed for the good. I also like that Cassie forgot about Adam after checking out Nick's hot duplicitous brother.

Adam's dad is still SUCH a creeper, I do not blame Cassie's mom for hitting it with evil Blackwell just to spite his creepy possessive destiny obsessed ass.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Secret Circle Empty Re: The Secret Circle

Post  curryalley Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:26 pm

I'm on the verge of giving up on this. I thought Nick's death might be a turning point but I'm still so bored by everything. I just really don't care about any of these people. I mean, I've seen every episode and still can't regularly remember Diana's name.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:18 pm

I'm in it waiting for Dekker to go loopy and unhinged, 'cause that's how I like him best. Also, the girl witches are pretty good. I figure it's a little like The Vampire Diaries, which took me about 7 episodes to really love, so I'm sticking with it for now.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:24 am

Yeah, it's pretty dull right now, but I'm still holding out hope that it'll pick up speed. Even though the new actor is even more bland than Nick, something I didn't think was possible (and who else is bummed that they didn't bring in the twins from the books?), I have hope that the "witch hunter in their midst" plot line will inject some tension into things. Like Lily Rose said, it took Vampire Diaries a bit to really get going and now it's one of the most awesome things on TV. Be awesome, Secret Circle! I know you want to!

Also, I just got the first season of the Sarah Connor Chronicles (basically for free! Swap-A-Dvd is magical!), so my Thomas Dekker love has been rekindled. I really want him to have more to do than look longingly at Cassie, because he is capable of great things.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm forever behind on this show so I'm still catching up. I didn't realize I was invested in it until I got really pissed off that they killed Nick. Turns out I only really shipped him and Melissa (and Melissa/Faye, I mean come on!) so taking him out sort of dulled my interest even more.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:32 pm

I am so on board the Melissa/Faye train.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:06 pm

She was really really anti-Nick in a way that even if the show is trying to tell me is left over from her issues with Nick's brother, to me it seemed more like she was jealous of Melissa being with Nick and not her. That's my fanon and that's what I'm sticking with, heh.

I also ship Cassie/Everybody but Adam. Even his drunk creepy dad.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:46 am

Yessss, it finally got a little crazy last night, and the show was improved for it. Secret societies! Cheerful witch killers! A friend is revealed as a killer! Costumes! Burning people with your MIND! Thomas Dekker got to cry! Go on and get your crazy on, show.

Faye was so damn charming in the store with Cassie. I think I ship her with everyone ever. And speaking of Cassie, she's growing on me, with her awkward Nancy Drew-style poking around, strangely lumbering running, and sarcasm.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:50 pm

Lily Rose wrote:And speaking of Cassie, she's growing on me, with her awkward Nancy Drew-style poking around, strangely lumbering running, and sarcasm.

Ever since I read a criticism of Cassie on TWoP that described her every reaction to anything was to stand around looking "confused and slutty" that's all I see. Especially when Jake confronted her in Nick's room. Though her killer bee costume was clever.

Last night was a little fun with all the new revelations coming out. Jake isn't just a confused bad boy trying to avenge his parents' deaths, he's a straight up killer who has no problems killing the store owner and a girl he used to date. I wonder if he would have killed Nick also since I can't buy him actually caring about the kid.

I'm still trying to figure out how old Adam's dad was when he had him. 12? He looks like his slightly older brother, not his dad.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:35 pm

The local high school needs to start teaching sex ed because I keep thinking Cassie's grandmother is her mother. It doesn't help that the actress played mother to another blue eyed blonde not so long ago.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Last nights episode was definitely the best yet. I've been wondering why they've been playing up the written in the stars, Cassie made of Light and Goodness stuff, when apparently she's also the daughter of one BAMF of the last circle. That she has major good and evil potential within her makes things more interesting. Aw, she saved Diana's life AND burned her spurned date alive.

The new guy is still cracking me up, sometimes he's for real good, and some times he's just so camp/terrible he's GREAT. Also have rarely seen a more obvious bit of The Kevin Williamson casting couch.

Faye was so damn charming in the store with Cassie.

She was and yet I was completely distracted by WHAT in the Holy Hell she was wearing and how she made a tiny infinity scarf into a top? How much boob tape was involved in that endeavor?!

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:01 pm

blixie wrote:
Faye was so damn charming in the store with Cassie.

She was and yet I was completely distracted by WHAT in the Holy Hell she was wearing and how she made a tiny infinity scarf into a top? How much boob tape was involved in that endeavor?!
ZOMG, I know. I was so waiting for a nipple to pop out, but it never did!

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:05 am

The new guy is still cracking me up, sometimes he's for real good, and some times he's just so camp/terrible he's GREAT. Also have rarely seen a more obvious bit of The Kevin Williamson casting couch.

OMG he's so AWESOME! The guy playing Nick was just straight up bad, but this guy is loving how bad he can be. And the v-neck shirts! And the creepy inappropriate smiles! But oddly enough I still find him hot in a crazy plastic Ken doll way.

Cassie's growing on me. I think this episode was great in showing how funny Cassie is which has been missing from her characterization until now. I'm still not 100% sold on Fay or rather the actress playing her, but at least she's not boring. And I've always liked Diana but I really like how she's handling the Adam breakup. For that matter, I'm loving how everyone is handling the breakup except for Adam. Funny how the attempt by drunken dad to save Adam from ending up like himself has managed to make him all sad sack anyway.

There is a good show in here somewhere. I'm hopeful it will involve finding something meaningful for Melissa to do.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:35 pm

WTF with no Melissa this week, I really have issues with the CW's use or lack there of of it's black characters.

This episode did help me with my Faye hate (still whining about her lack of individual magic CHRIST), and the actress sing-song delivery makes me want to punch her, but I'm glad there going full bore with Cassie's bad ass magic source, and with Jake being legitimately drawn in by her.

Continue to dig Diana and her backbone, all, good times Adam, but let's give it a rest? Hee. I also like that Bad Actor Gale Harrold is no longer bottom bitch.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:04 pm

I was very glad to see that Gale got his mojo back, literally and figuratively. He's such a bore without it.

I thought this episode was a bit of a bore, but I have to give kudos to the set designers, who are pulling off an almost-decaying-Pottery-Barn look flawlessly. I kind of love it.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:15 pm

blixie wrote:This episode did help me with my Faye hate (still whining about her lack of individual magic CHRIST), and the actress sing-song delivery makes me want to punch her, but I'm glad there going full bore with Cassie's bad ass magic source, and with Jake being legitimately drawn in by her.

Continue to dig Diana and her backbone, all, good times Adam, but let's give it a rest? Hee. I also like that Bad Actor Gale Harrold is no longer bottom bitch.

I'm really loving Diana right now. She played that game of Truth or Dare masterfully and managed to get a good dig at everybody in the room. Nice. I'm also starting to like Cassie a bit more because, yes, STFU Faye. And Jake is still plasticene and cheesy and awesomely bad. I love him so much.

I found Gale Harrold's return to bad-assery hilarious since he still managed to mess up getting rid of grandpa's body & hiding Jane's visit pretty spectacularly. I'm pretty sure his return to bottom bitch is not too long in coming.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:20 am

And this show finally hit it's first HO SHIT moment for me. Two Blackwell/Balcoin kids? I thought that reveal was great because it really could be anyone of them. And yet all I ask is that it NOT be Faye, the *less* power she has the more interesting she is. Preferrably it would be Diana, which would mean Bad Actor Gale Harrold has been bottom bitch for a VERY long time. Heee.

This show needs a flashback, to Big Daddy Blackwell and the previous circle.

I continue to ADORE Jake, God he's so awesome, and tall, sigh. I liked seeing Faye/Adam together and they had some good chemistry. I wish the Melissa/Diana scenes had been about something other than introducing a competing love interest (and a weak one at that).

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:28 am

I know its not going to be but I hope its Adam. Just so they can never get together.

I wouldn't mind if its Diana but I kinda like how shes Charles' one soft spot.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:04 am

The code word for this ep must have been "creeper," because damn, everyone was just lurking around and watching people, weirdly.

I like Jake, but he's a total cheeseball. In the best, most amusing way to watch, thankfully.

I think they teased that Faye would be the other Blackwell kid, what with what's-her-name being outed as being obsessed with him. But I think that's too obvious, and it will be Diana. I was waiting for the reveal that the older witchhunter dude was really Blackwell/Cassie's dad.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:59 am

Yeah, I was also thinking that maybe Diana would be the other Blackwell kid, just because they seemed to be hinting at Faye so hard. But for some reason I fell like she is Charles' biological daughter (and I love that she's his weak spot, too, Kiran). Maybe it'll be Melissa. We don't know anything about her parents, plus having some kind of internal conflict with the "bad" parts of herself would give the actress something to do other than be sad.

What's really baffling me is how awful Gale Harold is in this. I went back and rewatched a few Queer As Folk eps just to make sure I wasn't imagining things when I remembered he was really good in that. No, it wasn't my imagination. Maybe he's just an extremely limited actor and Brian Kinney was right in his sweet spot? I dunno.

Speaking of bad actors, I'm hoping that's the last we see of Luke for a while. For some reason, I just can't stand to look at his face anymore. It's weird. I've always thought he was pretty bland, but it never really bothered me until all of a sudden in the middle of this episode I was all "UGH! Get off my screen!" And then he did and I rejoiced. If TPTB need more guy witches, I say bring on the Henderson twins!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:04 pm

What's really baffling me is how awful Gale Harold is in this.

Heh, I have never seen him be anything other than horrible, but I could not deal with the QaF remake on any level, so much did I love the British version.

But for some reason I fell like she is Charles' biological daughter (and I love that she's his weak spot, too, Kiran).

Whereas I think it would be more interesting if he's uncertain if she is his bio kid and she is still his weak spot/reason for living. He seemed to already resent Blackwell even before he heard Dawn was hot for him too. Plus Diana is to me the most interesting of the coven and I like her friendship with Cassie.

Of course because I'm me, I would love if it were Jake that was the other Blackwell kid. He's been able to do magic outside the Circle and his book was full of Balcoin information, which may have been the same warning to him that the family tree was to Cassie, and also why they feel so connected. It's so The Devil's Advocate, heh.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Might explain why he and Nick weren't close, too. And he and Cassie are both blonde! Mind you, that would mean that Cassie and Adam had to hook up then, because there aren't any other boys in town [/sarcasm]. I don't count Melissa's boring cousin, either.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Jake's a regular!

It's pretty sad that makes me so happy.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:13 am

It might be sad, but it makes me happy too, whoo! That guy entertains the crap out of me.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:20 am

I barely pay attention to things on this show so I actually didn't realize he wasn't a regular! They killed off the other dude so quickly I just assumed they had always planned him as a replacement.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum