Pinterest

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pinterest

Post  GeneralErin on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:05 pm

I just got one a few days ago and have become incredibly addicted! I'm General Erin. I'd love to follow more people!

GeneralErin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crackie on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:55 am

I just started mine, so in case you're wondering who this random person is.... (unfortunately, Crackie and my blog's name were already taken. Woe!)

Crackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:10 pm

People offended by marginally crude picture on Pinterest

The pearl-clutching over this photo cracks me up because 1. There has never been a more perfect synergy of photo and caption 2. I've been on Pinterest for months and there is totally worse stuff to be found if you spend 5 minutes there and 3. I think Gawker is right that there are a lot of people on Pinterest who perhaps don't spend a lot of time on other parts of the internet and don't really know how things are supposed to go there.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:38 pm

So have they just met the Internet?

Sounds like someone needs a link to the Lemon Party.

PS: If you don't know what it is, do not Google it at work.
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:03 pm

*snort* If they think that's the worst picture ever, they never wander through the Humor section. Believe me, that was tame compared to some of the stuff I've seen.

maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:41 pm

If they think that's the worst picture ever, they never wander through the Humor section. Believe me, that was tame compared to some of the stuff I've seen.

Holy crap, I hope they never find the board "fagulous."
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:54 pm

LOLOLOL, if I were less drunk maybe I could muster up some sympathy, but, I totally can't. GET USED TO THE F WORD IT IS THE INTERNET. Be glad you didn't see some accidental penises. Lord.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Carriellie on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm

I'm late to the party as usual but I too created a pinterest as well. So far it's only food and crafts and owls. Because I'm fat and crafty. And like owls.

Carriellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 pm

Mine is here. I'm not sure I have any clue what I'm doing, but it's fun! I like that when you post an image from one site, it shows you what other people posted from there.

(I've been following other Snarkers who've linked theirs in this thread.)
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  PrettyPenny on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:16 pm

Okay, rather than continuing to lurk and stealth follow everyone, here's mine. I never realized Snarkfest has so many owl lovers.

PrettyPenny

Back to top Go down

Post  ariadne on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Is anyone else having problems with it? When I put a term in the search engine and search 'boards', it brings up two at most, and seems to be searching for more (a little bouncing 'fetching boards' icon at the bottom of the screen), but never comes up with any. Is this the site, or just my computer?

ariadne

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:58 pm

I've found the site to be really buggy at times, so that doesn't surprise me at all.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:26 am

One of my boards got renamed for a little while today. That was confusing.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:42 am

I made the mistake of searching for "cake". Now I'm like "Cake is the only thing that matters!" but I don't have any cake and it's 1am, so I can't go buy some. Woe!
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Huh. Pinterest is monetizing user created links.

I'm not trying to be all,"SCANDAL!" but as the article points out, it's weird that they're doing it with no disclosure to users.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:49 pm

That is pretty fishy. Especially because I don't think too many users would care, except for stores/sellers posting their own products to Pinterest. As the article points out:
One specific, problematic issue is that when individual online stores pin their own content, it is unlikely they would insert an affiliate code. But if the store has an affiliate program, it is highly likely that those links now will have an affiliate code in them that gives Pinterest a percentage of any sales. Not disclosing this modification is putting individual stores at a disadvantage when they and their customers are putting in the work of adding pins.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:55 pm

That is weird.

I have one too. Here.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Poubelle wrote:That is pretty fishy. Especially because I don't think too many users would care, except for stores/sellers posting their own products to Pinterest. As the article points out:
One specific, problematic issue is that when individual online stores pin their own content, it is unlikely they would insert an affiliate code. But if the store has an affiliate program, it is highly likely that those links now will have an affiliate code in them that gives Pinterest a percentage of any sales. Not disclosing this modification is putting individual stores at a disadvantage when they and their customers are putting in the work of adding pins.

Right. The comments seem to imply that you can remove the affiliate code yourself after the fact, but that doesn't do much for everyone else who shares the link. I don't think anyone who's not a direct seller would care, so you'd think it would be easy to have a toggle on/off switch for the code.

P.S: I do have a board, here but I'm still making it up.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:28 am

I just got my invite to join, but it says I have to join through FB or Twitter (don't have a twitter acct), and FB says to join I have to switch to Timeline. I'm not ready to switch to Timeline yet until I figure out the privacy settings. Is this really the only way? Should I just create a dummy twitter acct?

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:08 pm

I just joined and spent all day today adding things (it was yucky outside and I have cold, so this was pretty much perfect). Mine is mostly Montessori related materials right now, since I'm using it as a visual guide while I'm earning my certification in Montessori Infant and Toddler teaching, but I have gardening and house things too.

I love that multiple Snarkers have dedicated Owl boards. So adorable.

puddingcup , just make up a fake Twitter and go have fun!

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Maestro on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:37 pm

puddingcup, you can create a fake twitter account and then sign up to pinterest and cancel the twitter account right after. I did that and it works just fine.

Maestro

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Holy shit, Lily Rose, I had totally forgotten about all the domestic stuff from my Montessori preschool.
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:58 pm

laurelin_kit wrote:Holy shit, Lily Rose, I had totally forgotten about all the domestic stuff from my Montessori preschool.
Hahah, yeah Montessori is pretty firmly in favor of the kids learning practical skills like washing dishes, pouring their own water, sweeping, etc. One of the things I love about it!

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Pouring beans! Pouring more beans! Putting beans in bowls! Totally fun for preschoolers, I loved it. I remember the math beads and such pretty clearly compared to the stuff I did when I was in preschool so that was definitely a blast from the past.
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:57 pm

Does anyone know how the transitivity of pinning works? Like if I repin someone's pin, they get a notice, but if someone repins my repin of their pin, do they still get a notice and does the repin count on their pin go up?

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top