Unusual Celebrity Crushes

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unusual Celebrity Crushes

Post  Decca on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:51 pm

This doesn't go in the Pretty thread, really, so I thought I'd resurrect one of my favorites!

I just enjoyed Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and then saw this picture. And you know what? Gary Oldman could get it.

Decca

Back to top Go down

Re: Unusual Celebrity Crushes

Post  Cynara on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:24 pm

See, most times I would totally say that Gary Oldman could get it, but in that picture he looks like Linda Hunt. Does not negate the getting at other times, however.

Topic...I have like a HOST of weird crushes. Frankly if someone is hot/charismatic/talented enough that they're on my TV or movie screen more than once, I've probably said "yeah, I would hit that." Except for Tom Hardy. DO NOT WANT.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Decca on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:00 pm

See, most times I would totally say that Gary Oldman could get it, but in that picture he looks like Linda Hunt.

Don't ask me to explain, I think it's the coat.

Come to think of it, Tinker, Tailor was full of my crushes-I-can't-explain. Oldman. Cumberbatch. Mark Strong.

Decca

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:08 am

Robbie Coltrane has always done it for me, as has Paul Giamatti. I guess I like them round and snarky! I'm also totally on board the Gary Oldman love train.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:10 am

Gary Oldman can always get it.
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:38 am

Seriously.

John Goodman has always been my celeb crush. Unusual in that he's old enough to be my father. And Kevin James -- which might be unusual because he's not considered "conventionally" attractive.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:35 am

Come to think of it, Tinker, Tailor was full of my crushes-I-can't-explain. Oldman. Cumberbatch. Mark Strong.

Yes to all of these. I'm not normally attracted to Cumberbatch, but something about the ginger hair and the natty suits made him look fine.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:34 pm

gannetguts wrote:John Goodman has always been my celeb crush. Unusual in that he's old enough to be my father.

I have a fondness for this guy myself.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:35 pm

I have a crush on Bob Newhart and he's old enough to be my grandfather. I love his deadpan line delivery.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Steve Buscemi. 'Nuff said.
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:09 pm

With you on Steve Buscemi. Also Cumberbatch, Strong and I'll add Stephen Graham to the list. I always thought Graham was adorable in Snatch and as Al Capone, he's adorable.
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:50 pm

I've always had a bit of a crush on Brian Dennehy, ever since Cocoon. And John Goodman's one for me too. I think I read recently that Roseanne herself admitted she had a crush on him when they worked together, and no wonder.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:10 pm

gannetguts wrote:And Kevin James -- which might be unusual because he's not considered "conventionally" attractive.

I find Kevin James attractive too. I hope this doesn't veer too much into political territory, but I also have a crush on Paul Begala. I've seen him on Real Time a few times and not only is he easy on the eyes (well, my eyes anyway), I think he's really smart.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:12 pm

I don't know if this will go over well, but...I kind of like Ricky Gervais. I don't know why, but he is incredibly attractive to me.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Crowbridge wrote:I don't know if this will go over well, but...I kind of like Ricky Gervais. I don't know why, but he is incredibly attractive to me.
Goes over quite well with me. He's totally my type.
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Cynara wrote:Frankly if someone is hot/charismatic/talented enough that they're on my TV or movie screen more than once, I've probably said "yeah, I would hit that." Except for Tom Hardy. DO NOT WANT.

Ok, this made me laugh out loud. My mother has exactly that reaction to Hardy. She always says, rather apologetically, that she thinks he's a pretty good actor, but he revolts her so much she can hardly look at him.

As for me, my crush on Damian Lewis has grown to such ridiculous levels that I have no objectivity anymore. His hotness actually distracts me from the actual material he's acting in. I hope this crush modifies to a reasonable level soon, but I fear it won't, especially since I haven't even seen any eps of Homeland yet.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Decca on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:36 pm

I hope this crush modifies to a reasonable level soon, but I fear it won't, especially since I haven't even seen any eps of Homeland yet.
I wouldn't count on it happening after you see Homeland. He has many sex scenes and wears uniforms. It's wonderful.

And, you know, the show and acting is good and stuff.

Decca

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:21 pm

Denis Leary. Met him once and swear to god, sex on a stick.
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 am

mialoubug wrote:Denis Leary. Met him once and swear to god, sex on a stick.
Oh God, this guy. I first met him at Nick's Comedy Stop when I was 18. We would go every weekend for the Steve Sweeney show to see the scorching hot guy with the long blond hair. One week he was rushing to the stage and knocked my drink all over me. Later came over and said, "Can I replace that drink you're wearing?" Pass. for. life. Plus, we rode the Blue Line home singing "LIIIIIIIIBERACE, HIS ASS WAS A HAT!!" As he predicted. And good goddamn does he ever clean up nice!

ETA: Just realized that the year I became friends with Denis Leary, Lenny Clarke, Bob Marley and Tony V was 1988! I am so old.

Last edited by dinahmoe on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:32 am

Oh, I LOVE Denis Leary. I used to watch that one comedy special he did for HBO over and over again, mainly for that weird sort of skit-performance thing he did with Janeane Garofalo and others where he rants against sex abusing priests. He's ragingly smart and super sexy. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE when he's on The Daily Show. He and Jon Stewart are hilarious and adorable together.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:18 pm

mialoubug wrote:Denis Leary. Met him once and swear to god, sex on a stick.

I've never met him, but yeah.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 am

DINAHMOE! This is why we are friends!!!

Funny story about Steve Sweeney. My husband grew up with Steve, and we all come from the same town. When I was getting married, my sisters and cousin took me out to Remington's, a dinner club in Boston, where Sweeney was performing. He chose us to pick on and in the course of the evening, our hometown connection came out. After the show, Sweeney joined us, making small talk. Somehow we told him my husband's name, and he was so excited that he called him from my cell phone and they talked for about 30 minutes. I see him every once in awhile at local fundraisers and he always makes a point to stop by to ask about my husband or to stop and chat if he's with me.

And Tony V's kids play hockey with my nephew.
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:04 am

mialoubug wrote:

And Tony V's kids play hockey with my nephew.
Oh now I feel really old. I remember when Gus was born.
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Tom Collichio, even if a good bit of what he says annoys me. I just find him oddly charismatic.

Mandy Patinkin, despite being crazy.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:41 am

Mandy Patinkin is crazy?? But I love him!!!

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top