Unpopular Movie Opinions You Hold

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions You Hold

Post  whatthedeuce on Sun May 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Yeah, Michelle Pfeiffer looked quite rough. She's a beautiful lady, but I don't know what was going on with her face-wise in that movie. Something seemed off. Also, I wish she'd gotten some funnier lines. Her character never quite stood out for me amongst all the other oddballs in the family, which I suppose was the point, but I'd have enjoyed a few more zingers from her.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelmina on Sun May 27, 2012 7:33 pm

easybreezy wrote:I took in a double feature of Dark Shadows and The Avengers yesterday.

Dark Shadows was better, by a wide, wide margin.

I see your Dark Shadows and raise you a Battleship. I'm not saying Battleship was a better movie than Avengers, but dear Lord did I enjoy it more. Way more. Not to rain on Dark Shadow's parade for it is awesome as well. Eva Green, Michelle Pfeiffer and that 70s soundtrack really make for a more pleasant Tim Burton experience.
Wilhelmina

Back to top Go down

Post  easybreezy on Mon May 28, 2012 12:20 am

Wilhelmina wrote:
easybreezy wrote:I took in a double feature of Dark Shadows and The Avengers yesterday.

I see your Dark Shadows and raise you a Battleship. I'm not saying Battleship was a better movie than Avengers, but dear Lord did I enjoy it more. Way more. Not to rain on Dark Shadow's parade for it is awesome as well. Eva Green, Michelle Pfeiffer and that 70s soundtrack really make for a more pleasant Tim Burton experience.

Really? Worth seeing in the theater? Because I'm kind of...actually...intrigued by Battleship. It just looks so stupid awful that it could be a wild time after a few shots of Jagermeister and a rowdy theater.

easybreezy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelmina on Mon May 28, 2012 4:58 am

Battleship needs to be seen amped up to 11. There's no other way. It is completely mindless, predictable fun. Also: loud and flashy. In other words - super awesome. It even has two AC/DC songs! Played in full and not just as a short snippet - looking at you, Avengers...
Wilhelmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Mon May 28, 2012 8:35 am

easybreezy wrote:
Wilhelmina wrote:

Really? Worth seeing in the theater? Because I'm kind of...actually...intrigued by Battleship. It just looks so stupid awful that it could be a wild time after a few shots of Jagermeister and a rowdy theater.

There is a drive-in theatre not far from where I live, and that, my friends, is the awesomest way to see a really bad movie. (Even Mummy III. Just saying.) Carfull of people, yell whatever you like at the screen without penalty... Battleship would be perfect for that!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Count_Bloodcount on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:13 am

Case wrote:I don't care for Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. While I'll always adore Memento,these well produced films leave me bored.
Likewise, except I don't care for "Memento" either.

I thought "Batman Begins" was overrated but entertaining, mostly because of Liam Neeson, but "The Dark Knight" was an overproduced, garish mess. I suppose the upcoming flick might change my mind, but I doubt it.

My unpopular movie opinion: I love Melissa McCarthy, but I don't think she stole the show in "Bridesmaids." In fact, I don't think she was any better than the other supporting actresses in the movie.

Count_Bloodcount

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:42 am

I have a ridiculous amount of love for The Losers. It verges on shameful, really. I know it's not the most brilliant movie ever made, but I do think it's highly underrated. It's so much fun! The cast is perfect and they've got such great chemistry. Really, the whole movie might be worth it for this scene alone (and the part that comes before it) where
Spoiler:
Jensen sings "Don't Stop Believing" and undresses in the elevator, then convinces the security guards he's telekinetic while Couger snipes them from across the street
. Actually, anything Jensen does is gold, really.

Also, this movie has the second best use of a Journey song ever.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:07 am

Raksha, you're definitely not alone in your love for The Losers. I rented it because I had heard it was pretty good, and by the end of the opening sequence, I was pissed the movie hadn't done better business because it was so damn entertaining! It also pretty much made me a Chris Evans fan-girl for life.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:20 pm

"As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states: Don't start none. Won't be none." Hee! That scene alone gets Chris a free pass for life, if you ask me! That whole bit, starting from when he comes into the building as the bike messenger, is gold. And he doesn't have a bad singing voice either!

I thought Chris was hilarious in that movie - the whole thing was just a lot of fun.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  themis on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:31 pm

It's been my favorite movie since it came out. I cannot believe it didn't get more traction, late word-of-mouth buzz. Shouldn't it be on heavy rotation on Spike TV or TNT by now? Instead, it's only a small handful of us ever mention it. I will forever be sad we won't get a sequel, because I think Peter Berg's an entertainment genius.

I saw it twice before I figured out Jensen was Chris Evans.

Last edited by themis on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  bloomtoperish on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:48 pm

The Losers is one of my favorite movies. And yes, this Chris Evans fangirl loves Jensen and thinks Evans steals every scene he's in.

"She got a GUN pointed at my DICK!"

"That's right, bitches. I got a crossbow."

"Did you know cats can make one thousand different sounds and dogs can only make ten? Cats, man. Not to be trusted."

bloomtoperish

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:48 pm

To be fair, everything in the graphic novel with Jensen is fucking gold. But I love Jensen.

Also, Jason Issacs as Max was hilarious in some parts.

At first I didn't care for it as much as RED (I saw both at around the same time), but it's grown on me for all the great bits mentioned.
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:48 am

I caught Les Diaboliques on TCM last night, and after hearing everyone tell me how brilliant and shocking it was, I thought it was just okay. I don't think it was the movie's fault, though. I had seen the shocking twist in Bravo's "100 Scariest Movie Moments" , so I already knew what was coming. If I hadn't seen that, I would have been seriously creeped out. Bravo sucks.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:40 pm

I don't care about Les Miserables, either the musical (which I've seen) or the upcoming film (or the book).

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:26 am

I love The Losers, but especially Jensen. At first I was swayed by the superhot cast: JDM, Idris Elba, and Evans. Then I realized shit blows up in it. It was Jensen's Evans, though, that stole my heart, though.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:18 am

puddingcup wrote:I don't care about Les Miserables, either the musical (which I've seen) or the upcoming film (or the book).

Me either. I think I read a comic version of it in French class, but I don't remember any of it, and I'm not at all intrigued by it. (It doesn't help, also, that my friend's sister-in-law is obsessed with the play. When we went to NYC with her, she dragged us to the backstage door to see the cast, even though we hadn't gone to see the play. She was so creeeeepy with them, because she'd been there dozens of times, and I just remember being really, really cold, and really, really uncomfortable.)
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:19 pm

salamandersam wrote:I love The Losers, but especially Jensen. At first I was swayed by the superhot cast: JDM, Idris Elba, and Evans. Then I realized shit blows up in it. It was Jensen's Evans, though, that stole my heart, though.

I fucking love The Losers! It's so much fun. Someone sang "Don't Stop Believing" on The Voice the other night and I was all "Eh, I like Jensen's version better"!
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Raksha wrote:
salamandersam wrote:I love The Losers, but especially Jensen. At first I was swayed by the superhot cast: JDM, Idris Elba, and Evans. Then I realized shit blows up in it. It was Jensen's Evans, though, that stole my heart, though.

I fucking love The Losers! It's so much fun. Someone sang "Don't Stop Believing" on The Voice the other night and I was all "Eh, I like Jensen's version better"!

Didn't we have a big conversation in either Movies at Home or the Chris Evans thread about how it wasn't exactly a good movie but was charming anyway? Honestly, the cast is so attractive I could probably watch it on mute and enjoy it.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 pm

I seem to remember something like that. I think it may have even been this thread? I have a hard time remembering what I did yesterday, so I can't remember where.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  bloomtoperish on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:14 pm

We did have that conversation, though I don't remember what thread it was either. And Jensen is my fave too. "That's right, bitches, I got a crossbow."

bloomtoperish

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:56 pm

I have no interest in The Hobbit, and I was super annoyed that it infected The Colbert Report last week.
Thankfully, my husband is also uninterested, so I won't get dragged to it. When we saw the trailer the other day, he turned to me and said, "wait. I thought Frodo was the Hobbit? Is that not right?" And I was all, "...uh, I think he's A Hobbit? maybe?"
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:23 am

I like Loki's helmet. I think it looks cool. I'm glad they kept it the same as in the comics.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 am

I'm disapointed Hulk didn't grab it.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:39 am

I also could not care less about The Hobbit, and I was the biggest LOTR-head alive. I was tentatively excited at the beginning, but then the stuff I heard about Peter Jackson's anti-union activity made me feel a bit sick. Now everything I hear about it makes it seem like a cynical money-grubbing exercise and I hope it flops.
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:21 pm

I'm am so over EPIC LONG MOVIES which can easily be cut down to around two hours.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top