Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular Movie Opinions You Hold

+80
Jude
Corellderaan
dionneshea
bookworm
rivki8699
Bad Username
ActonBell
inversed
PrincessCleo
Esseilte
laurelin_kit
draco vulgaris
dinahmoe
biakbiak
Sheli
year of the cat
Melk
chibimanda
mrinsouciance
blooey
Carrie Ann
big chicken
Grainne Mhaol
salamandersam
puddingcup
Cutebutpsycho
nikita
themis
sagitare
Agent Sculder
Count_Bloodcount
Coneycat
Wilhelmina
Skyblade
laddical
Crowbridge
Case
easybreezy
MaddyCat
naughty zoot
sloo
harvey the penguin
oxymoron
tothemax
Kookla
Luthien
mokey75
Binky
The Glen
QueenSix
Lis
ulkis
Raksha
Francie Nolan
Instant Monkeys
mayram
blixie
Matinee
Auroura76
Miss Moneypenny
Eris Rising
RiverThames
Shalamar
katha
caerbannog
Paris, Texas
Kiran
Gallifrey Girl
Putli Bai
swsa
truecrystal
curryalley
Poubelle
Cynara
whatthedeuce
The Dude
jcpdiesel21
Unlucky Bear
TiffanyNichelle
queenofdenile
84 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Unpopular Movie Opinions You Hold - Page 7 Empty Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions You Hold

Post  Eris Rising Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:16 pm

I don't blame Dorothy too much regarding the shoes. The girl was as dumb as a stump. She basically believed what she was told by Glinda.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Movie Opinions You Hold - Page 7 Empty Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions You Hold

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Oh, I don't blame her at all! I blame Glinda for telling her to take them!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 pm

That's pretty much the backstory of Wicked - with the minor change that the Wizard really is the Big Bad and Glinda's more conflicted and doesn't want to *kill* the Wicked Witch, just wants her to stop giving the Wizard excuses to steal more power in the name of "national security".
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Yeah, Wicked spun such a great backstory for the stuff you see in The Wizard of Oz.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Read about a quarter of the book, couldn't finish it.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:06 pm

I read the entire book and did enjoy it, but I actually liked the musical version of Wicked much better than the book. It is the same basic premise as the book, but a lot less political and a lot more fun. And it still provides a really great backstory to the Wizard of Oz movie. I am really hoping they make a Wicked movie.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Yeah, I didn't care for the book much, either. I just really like the concept - and the musical. But then I've never been a fan of Oz; the book was one of those "I've done nothing but read science-fiction TV tie-in novels for months... I need something different!" and it was the first thing someone recommended to me.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:46 pm

The book got to be really tedious, but the musical is AWESOME!

Last edited by whatthedeuce on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:36 am

I did like Menzel's "Defying Gravity", and I'm a fan of anything that Chenoweth sings.

But, yeah, The Wizard of Oz can bite me.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:40 am

I have actually never seen The Wizard of Oz in its entirety.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:12 am

You're like my mother she has never seen either The Wizaed of Oz or It's A Wonderful Life' the later probably because my grandmother had one of the most unpopular opinions of all time, she hated Jimmy Stewart! Hated him! To quote her, "why does it take so long for him to complete a sentence! Just spit it out!"

Last edited by biakbiak on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:47 am

biakbiak wrote:You're like my mother she has never seen either The Wizaed of Oz or It's A Wonderful Life' the later probably because my grandmother had one of the most unpopular opinions of all time, he hated Jimmy Stewart! Hated him! To quote her, "why does it take so long for him to complete a sentence! Just spit it out!"

That IS unpopular.

Here's one:

I don't especially care for Jack Nicholson. Something about his delivery and style simply grates. I won't necessarily avoid a movie that I'm otherwise hoping to see if he's in it, but I certainly won't go for his performance.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:50 am

Eris Rising wrote:

I don't especially care for Jack Nicholson. Something about his delivery and style simply grates. I won't necessarily avoid a movie that I'm otherwise hoping to see if he's in it, but I certainly won't go for his performance.
I don't like him either. He just seems like an ugly personality, and that seeps into his performances. And I've never seen "It's a Wonderful Life" in its entirety. And I find Kristen Chenoweth kind of shrill. Seems like a nice lady, though.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:17 am

dinahmoe wrote:
Eris Rising wrote:

I don't like him either. He just seems like an ugly personality, and that seeps into his performances. And I've never seen "It's a Wonderful Life" in its entirety. And I find Kristen Chenoweth kind of shrill. Seems like a nice lady, though.

No opinion on him as a person one way or the other, but I've never seen him in a role that I didn't think he was overrated in, with the possible exceptions of The Joker and Colonel Jessep. The rest of his roles have never worked for me.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:27 am

dinahmoe wrote: And I've never seen "It's a Wonderful Life" in its entirety.

Me either. But in college, I had a roommate who would perform whole scenes in his sleep. So I feel like I've seen it.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:19 pm

The only movie where I found Nicholson truly impressive was One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Everything else - he's good, but I don't think he's amazing.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:41 pm

Unlucky Bear wrote:I have actually never seen The Wizard of Oz in its entirety.

My viewing experiences have consisted of me sitting down to watch it, getting bored, and leaving, or coming into the room while someone else was in the middle of watching it. So I've seen the whole thing, but only in a technical sense.

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:40 pm

draco vulgaris wrote:

My viewing experiences have consisted of me sitting down to watch it, getting bored, and leaving, or coming into the room while someone else was in the middle of watching it. So I've seen the whole thing, but only in a technical sense.
This is exactly how I have viewed that Christmas Story movie.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:52 pm

dinahmoe wrote:This is exactly how I have viewed that Christmas Story movie.

We are DONE professionally.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:39 pm

dinahmoe wrote:
Eris Rising wrote:

I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life either, I've never had any real desire to for some reason.

But I do like Jack Nicholson a lot, though I do agree that he seems like he's probably an ass IRL. I love him As Good as it Gets, despite finding the overall movie just okay. His "good times, noodle salad" speech just kills me and I thought he really sold the unlikeable traits of his character while making you feel bad for him because he didn't understand how to be any different.

Helen Hunt's Oscar for that movie seemed undeserved to me, but I'm not sure that really counts as an unpopular opinion.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:59 am

Eris Rising wrote:
No opinion on him as a person one way or the other, but I've never seen him in a role that I didn't think he was overrated in, with the possible exceptions of The Joker and Colonel Jessep. The rest of his roles have never worked for me.

A Few Good Men was on TV the other day, and it was a little weird to see Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson doing a good job in a movie together considering how hammy they both got later on.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:10 am

dinahmoe wrote:
draco vulgaris wrote:

This is exactly how I have viewed that Christmas Story movie.

Same here! It's always been my shameful secret that I never got into that film. I can see why people like it so much, but I just don't connect with the movie.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:53 am

Eris Rising wrote:
Same here! It's always been my shameful secret that I never got into that film. I can see why people like it so much, but I just don't connect with the movie.
It just seems so pleased with itself.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:58 am

dinahmoe wrote:
Eris Rising wrote:
It just seems so pleased with itself.

Heh. I think that's fair - that's how I feel about Baby Boomers in general.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:29 am

A Few Good Men is one of those movies I just can't pass up when it's on TV. I wanted to watch it on TBS this past New Year's Eve, but I didn't wanna annoy my family so I deferred to them and their choice to watch Kathy and Anderson Cooper on CNN.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next