Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Face Off

+9
ActonBell
CherryFlame
Binky
Gallifrey Girl
Corvus
caltrask55
whatthedeuce
Raised by wolves
xyzzy
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Face Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Face Off

Post  ActonBell Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Roy works Netherworld in Atlanta, so zombies or anthing horror-related are in his wheelhouse. I got to meet him, Laura, Derek and CC at Dragon Con, they were all nice and it was interesting to see them do some make up in person.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Heh, Ve was right. That one guy's prosthetic faces do all look like. Even after he redid it completely! But I think he still impressed the judges enough to be safe for a while, as they pick off weaker contestants. I feel like the two redheaded girls, the remaining twin, and all-look-same guy (I am terrible with names) are going to be the finalists.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:43 pm

I thought Laura's black/grey/green woman was wonderful. I thought it should've won, but being saddled with that Toxic Avenger mess, I wasn't surprised when they didn't get top look. I thought Alana and Roy's duo turned out pretty good, in no small part to the green creature model really selling it.

The other two teams were both meh at best. That was hilarious that Vi came back again to really stress that point.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:54 am

I loved how he thought he had completely changed the prosthetic based on Ve's advice, when all he really had done was make the jaw more square than his other faces. Other than that, it looked identical.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:59 pm

New season starts tonight! It's a 1 1/2 hour show with my guilty pleasure Total Blackout following. I'm glad they're marathoning last season today because I missed the last two episodes due to Hurricane Sandy. I read about who won but didn't see it yet.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:21 pm

I really liked the desert goblin king, but the winner was also impressive. The volcano one was terribly painted, but a decent concept.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:51 pm

I think the guy who was sent home seemed really out of his depth from the individual challenge at the beginning. His was very very basic, and not very good.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:17 am

I liked the Desert Goblin King the best because I think there was a costuming fail on the winning design. I think either could have won without me complaining, though. They were both very good.

One thing that bugs me is how the judges comment on things that seem totally obvious to me. OMG, the shape of wood follows the contours of the anatomy of the human arm! Well, I freaking hope so, otherwise it would look pretty nonsensical on a humanoid creature.

The season previews make it seem like we're going to see a bunch of dumb twists along the way. Costumes that can swim, etc. I don't like those challenges much; in the real world of SFX makeup they use costumes situationally. No one expects Abe Sapien to "swim" and run in the same appliances.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:20 am

I feel like there are a lot of really weak contestants this season. All of the bottom 3, actually, were so very bad.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:19 pm

I agree. But I still love the show. Anthony does some amazing work and he is my front runner. I think he should have been in the top looks last night.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:05 pm

ITA. There are a lot of hot messes this season. The last two eliminations were stupid though because Jenna and Autumn are terrible and the other girls had at least shown some potential. Plus I'm so sick of hearing about Jenna's hand. The winning look this week was such a shocker because that guy (Chris?) has done some really terrible work and then this week he did something amazing.

Anthony does some amazing work and he is my front runner.
Definitely. He's the only one that showed movie quality pieces every single week, plus there seems to be zero ego/arrogance to him. If he doesn't win this season I'll be shocked. I can't even tell who the finalists are going to be other than him. Eric with the hair has great ideas but he doesn't have the polished look Anthony gives his pieces. Same with House, he had such an awesome idea this week but the paint job wasn't good.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:32 am

I have to say, Anthony may have had a couple of not so great challenges but I think he came back so strong this week. He just has to win, right?

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:02 pm

He seems miles ahead of the other competitors. Even if you like their ideas better, his execution is always amazing. I think now they're down to the only people who should have been cast at all - there were a lot of really weak contestants this season.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:26 am

I gotta admit, I got a bit nervous for Anthony for a minute there. He had a very bad week. Also I can't help but love Eric F. He is so creative and his enthusiasm and passion for his craft is so endearing.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:08 pm

I still want to ask the judging panel 'would any of you work on a project where the working conditions were remotely like those you impose?' (Truthfully: "How big a bitch fit would you pitch if you were asked to ... ") The fact that they complete anything at all is a miracle. They are expected to interpret the client's vague, context-free concepts, design something (in half an hour), produce something (overnight), put it on a long-suffering stunt-model who no idea what's going on and no time to figure it out, and present it to the ever-so-slightly self-important panel* who appear (to me) to be judging the product as if it had come from a studio shop. And other than Anthony's easily correctable effort, they all did.

*(Vi seems nice enough, but Pugsly comes off as puffed-up and pompous. But who am I to throw shade at pompous?)
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:26 pm

I'm sorry that Eric F. didn't get to the finale because as has been said, I found him to be endearing. I'm guessing the reason he couldn't go to Canada may have been because of legal issues but as curious as I am, I'm also glad that the show didn't go into it if Eric didn't want it aired. Classy move. I'll be happy if either Anthony or Kris wins and if Wayne wins I wouldn't be unhappy but he hasn't impressed me as much as the other two. As much as reality shows love to script villains, I really enjoy watching shows more without having to root against someone in the finale.
Vi seems nice enough, but Pugsly comes off as puffed-up and pompous.
SO pompous. I really think Roy didn't get into the finale last year because Glenn hated him sooo much and IMO it came off as threatened.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Heh. I suppose to be fair to Glenn, he's not an actor, but is expected to Build Dramatic Tension and be the alpha male and all that. He may find it just as tiresome as I do, because everyone seems quite nice and noncompetitive and more or less know their business. The only villain is time.

Now that you mention it (Glenn feeling threatened), have they ever shown the work of the regular judges? Even on 'So You Think You Can Dance' they did a bit where the gasbagging judges got out from behind the desk and demonstrated they really do know their business. Of course if they did show some of Glenn or Vi's award winning, super awesome creatures someone might ask 'And how long did that take?'
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Eric looked SO sad! I really felt so bad for him. He is wildly imaginative and talented and so passionate about his craft that my heart just broke for him.

That being said....go Anthony!

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:10 am

So glad Anthony won. Not only did I love his makeups, but his was the only dream story that you could actually tell without explanation.

Now that you mention it (Glenn feeling threatened), have they ever shown the work of the regular judges? Even on 'So You Think You Can Dance' they did a bit where the gasbagging judges got out from behind the desk and demonstrated they really do know their business. Of course if they did show some of Glenn or Vi's award winning, super awesome creatures someone might ask 'And how long did that take?'
They've never shown any of the judges work and I'd really love to see it. According to wiki, Ve has won three Oscars (Beetlejuice, Mrs. Doubtfire, Ed Wood) so I've seen her work without knowing it's hers.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Hm. I was disappointed that they didn't show the performers after the show. Everyone crowed about how well the appliances held up to both the water and the strenuous activity (either one a major feat, never mind both) but we didn't get to see the post-show condition. /That's/ when the 'judges should have taken a closer look,' right? Still, nicely done, all round.

We've never seen the models taking it all off after the show, have we? That would be fun.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:38 pm

New Season starts tonight! Veterans vs Rookies.  I am so excited to see Roy, RJ and Tate again! Anyone else excited?

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:52 pm

I was, until I had slogged through the two hour run-up. Which I didn't realize was a run-up to the premier. Wherein nothing happened. Oh, there were REVEALS. And buckets of self-importance. Get to the fantastic imaginations, please.

Not sure how I feel about Vets vs Rookies. If they were teaming up in pro/am pairs, certainly. But if they were going to do teams, I'd rather see a designer and fabricator put together. Its somewhat unrealistic that the contestants have as much control over both the design and construction as they do.

"For this challenge we're going to randomly assign you to a megalomaniac blowhard director with no sense of artistry, irony, or budget, has zero respect for your expertise, hates the writer, is sleeping with the producer, and namechecks Rob Zombie. You are not allowed to commit suicide. Go."
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:31 pm

I love this show, looking forward to the new season!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:59 am

I can't erase this week's episode because I keep going back and watching Roy try out his costume in the workroom and then I FF to Roy's reveal. He made Glenn LAUGH, which I've never, ever seen before, not even with Eric F.'s giant. Best costume ever.

I have to say that this is the worst show to do an All-Star season on because no one is hateable, and all the vets would deserve a win. I want it to be Tate or Roy but I think I see the win edited towards Laura. Doesn't matter though because they all truly do deserve it minus Lanie. She's not hateable by any means but she's not outshone any of the vets and she does kind of grate.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:43 pm

Anyone watch this season? I thought between Tyler and Rashaad they had some amazing talent. I would have been happy with either of them winning. What I really loved about Tyler, aside from his talent, was his amazing enthusiasm! He always had a smile on his face like a kid in a candy shop. Such a joy to see.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum