Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Page 5 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm

ActonBell wrote:
And no Duana moving in next door to your teenaged boyfriend is not as damaging/dumb as cheating on your boyfriend with a married coworker. Not even CLOSE.

Duana strikes me as being rather dumb. Both her and Sarah seem fairly useless. And she goes on to say "There are college seniors doing way worse as we speak" -- well, I'm sure there are people Kristen's age doing all sorts of horrible things but I don't think that makes her shitty behavior okay. I also doubt that that kind of selfish behavior is the norm for people around Kristen's age.

You also can't/shouldn't hold someone who's lived in the sheltered, unreal environment of college to the same standard of behavior as someone who has lived on her own as an adult and had a career for half a decade. Kristen Stewart can reasonably be expected to understand the consequences of doing something stupid in public.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Also maybe I'm naive, I actually did (unknowingly) sleep with a married man in university. But no one I knew actually knowingly cheated on their boyfriend with a married father of two, particularly when they worked with and knew their family. I mean when you are young you make mistakes, and I think while she did a shitty thing its between her and them, but ...seriously...the excuses they are making. And then the SOMEONE ELSE WILL DO SOMETHING STUPID. I am sure they will but I doubt it will be as stupid in execution as Kristen Stewart (ie, broad daylight while wearing her boyfriend's clothing). Her continued insistence that Kristen Stewart's team is the one bungling this and Kristen Stewart herself is a hollywood vanguard is also hilarious. As are her articles about Robert Pattinson and Liberty Ross which seemed to me to paint them as people who are using their pain and playing it, in contrast to Stewart.

I also think Russell Crowe got less shit then Meg Ryan for two reasons. One being Meg Ryan had a very, specific cultivated America's Sweetheart image, Russell Crowe punched out a dude at the BAFTAs. The other being Meg Ryan was in a big time hollywood marriage with the world's biggest DILF. Russell Crowe was single. There are many better examples she could have used for sexism I think.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:29 pm

I know I already harped on Duana today, but is this a fucking joke?

Kitten heels are anti-feminist, y'all. It has officially reached "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." status over there.
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:14 pm

I read that and they called it a girl on girl crime that women disagreed with Lainey that kitten heels are unacceptable. Really?
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:22 pm

I read that and they called it a girl on girl crime that women disagreed with Lainey that kitten heels are unacceptable. Really?

OH the best part is women should not wear kitten heels because it gives them cankles. Women should totally walk around on tip toes so they can avoid cankles. It's like reading Feminist 101, Ladies don't wear ugly shoes that make you look like fat cow.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Half of Lainey's fashion thoughts are horrifying and then she basically says if you disagree you are the minivan majority.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:45 pm

What did kitten heels ever do to her? I prefer them when I'm at work because they're dressier than flats, but don't hurt my feet like taller heels do. I guess I need to run right now and buy a minivan.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:02 am

Seriously. I had major spine surgery this spring and wearing kitten heels is about the most I can aspire to wear heel-wise for a long time.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:04 am

She liked Kristen Stewart's Runaways Lady Mullet. Its probably good if she doesn't like what you wear.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:51 am

OH the best part is women should not wear kitten heels because it gives them cankles.
I also appreciated the reference to "boats" for size 10 or 11 feet and the statement that those of us who have such feet are ashamed of them.
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:32 am

They once had an article about how short woman could be cute but tall women could not. Its just one of the reasons the way they are going about defending Stewart amuses me.

I have this weird hate on for Lainey that is probably not healthy since I keep reading her site as if I love to hate on her. And she gives me fuel. Like her disliking Idris Elba for not being self aware. Girl, look at half the people you like.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:49 am

Well I'm a short girl and I have GIGANTOR calves and it is *fact* that wearing high heels actually gives me cankles, so shut it Duana.

What I find interesting about her KStew stanning is that for as much as bitches about "narratives" that get sold to the Minivan, she's as guilty as the rest of the gossip and celebrity media of creating narratives that are total bullshit: Hamm is not a cheater, Aaron Johnson is a stah, Blake Lively DID THAT. Or say That Savages was was moved from fall to July because of how Oscar buzzworthy it was? I LOL'd, when it sucked so hard that Johnson didn't even bother to show up to promote it. Ha.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Like her disliking Idris Elba for not being self aware.

Wait. What? I don't read Lainey except for whatever bits you guys post here but what's her problem with Idris Elba? I don't think I've ever read anything bad about him. Am I out of the loop?

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:20 pm

He djs and has aspirations to rap.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:51 pm

He djs and has aspirations to rap..

That monster.

She's seen what he looks like, right? I mean, if Jon Hamm gets a pass then surely Idris can too.

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Geez, right? He's pretty much the handsomest man in the world, and a great actor besides. What's it to her if he likes DJing?

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:50 pm

He also has a child that lives in the Atlanta area, which has a HUGE hip hop and rap scene.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:40 pm

Also can we discuss her hollywood "insider" person Sarah is CLEARLY on crack if she thinks they are replacing RDJ as Iron Man for Avengers 3 because he'll be 55.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Ergo, one of the reasons to hate the kitten heel is it fails at doing the job of the pump.
But...it's not a pump, so why bitch about it because it's not doing the job of a pump?
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Kiran wrote:Also can we discuss her hollywood "insider" person Sarah is CLEARLY on crack if she thinks they are replacing RDJ as Iron Man for Avengers 3 because he'll be 55.

I am just a crazy stan and I have better "insider" info than Sarah in that post.

1) IMDB says James Franco and Chris Evans are in The Iceman together, but Evans actually took over Franco's part when Franco dropped out.

2) Marvel might be about to get the rights to Daredevil back, but they apparently would rather trade them for more useful characters.

3) So she's suggesting that Jake wait around until after Avengers 3 to hope for an Iron Man reboot? Please. That is the worst career advice EVER.
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Also didn't Source Code do fairly well? I think Jake's career is fine and actually getting on track because he realized Prince of Persia was a misstep and what his comfort zone is. I mean I thought Love and Other Drugs was meh but he did get a Golden Globe nod out of it so even that wasn't a total fail.

I really doubt Sarah's insiderness, and that story about Kirsten Dunst...seemed off to me? Like, I've heard she was in a bad place a few years back, but I've also only heard fairly nice things about her. A lot of their posts recently about Dunst seem to take the tone of THAT BITCH WHO BROKE JAKE GYLLENHAALS HEART, which considering I've long thought SOMEONE on his team was feeding Lainey stuff is suspect.

Either way her advice IS totally suspect. She also says he should go for the inevitible Batman reboot. But either way both seem unwise. First because he has to just...wait around? But also because why would he want to follow two incredibly well recieved performances in a series of incredibly well recieved films? Theres the off chance he'd pull a Andrew Garfield, but I think in that case the sour taste of Spiderman 3 helped people forget they liked the first two Spidermans and also I think Bale and Downey are both more beloved by fanboys then Tobey "Punch me in my doughy face" Maguire.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:56 pm

My hate on for Lainey continues to be weird and offputting, so I am bumping to say, apparently she JUST learned weaves are a thing and is now creepily fascinated with them. I am Indian and yet knew what weaves were, so I don't think her ignorance is cultural like she claims.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:04 pm

How is that fucking possible? I mean her job is to cover celebrities. Weaves should be discovered on like day 2.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Has she never seen Good Hair? Or had a black friend? I mean, seriously?
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:49 am

She talked about this weave situation one other time too. That she was literally shocked that nearly every actress in Hollywood has fake hair these days. Yeah, I'm not sure how exactly she missed this.

Kiran wrote:Her continued insistence that Kristen Stewart's team is the one bungling this and Kristen Stewart herself is a hollywood vanguard is also hilarious. As are her articles about Robert Pattinson and Liberty Ross which seemed to me to paint them as people who are using their pain and playing it, in contrast to Stewart.
Yeah, I got annoyed with her claim that Rob had landed two roles because of scandal sympathy. Which, no. The Werner Herzog role was already being rumored back in July (and hee to the obvs Twi-hard "Who's Werner Herzog?" reply) and The Rover was announced way back in May. So yeah, cram it pretending like you have any insider knowledge of the biz, Sarah and Lainey.

I was glad she allowed her friend to post that rebuttal about the whole situation, and totally agreed with her take that for better or worse, these have been Kristen's decisions, from the affair itself to how the aftermath has been handled.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top