Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 19 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Kiran on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:32 pm

I was being a bitch and was saying he'd be a better fit for the pasty white creature that is Bone.

I do like him, I promise.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 19 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  swsa on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:00 pm

I'm down with people wanting to call Reese out for being entitled, dumb, wreckless, etc., but I really didn't get Lainey's rant about her apology. I thought it was one of the few celeb apologies that didn't try to squirm out of taking responsibility. It also actually sounded like Reese to me and not her publicist.

I have a feeling it's going to drive Lainey INSANE that most of the public probably won't hold this against her and will move on pretty fast.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:56 pm

You're telling me Lainey is Kevin Smith?
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:26 pm

They have some eerie similarities.

Yeah I agree with that. I think Reese was a jackass but her apology was pretty good. I think Lainey just has angry feelings to what she deems the "minivan majority" in general even though she herself has never struck me as extremely sophisticated.

Sarah is way more ridiculous to me though. As is her tumblr only view on Thor. Jane didn't have a personality? No one cared about Thor or Hemsworth? They uglied up Hiddleston so Hemsworth/Thor wasn't threatened? Okay there.

I liked Loki a lot too and Hiddleston was totally a revelation but girl, sit down.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:32 pm

Kiran wrote:Sarah is way more ridiculous to me though. As is her tumblr only view on Thor. Jane didn't have a personality? No one cared about Thor or Hemsworth? They uglied up Hiddleston so Hemsworth/Thor wasn't threatened? Okay there.

I liked Loki a lot too and Hiddleston was totally a revelation but girl, sit down.

She also apparently doesn't understand how a teaser trailer works. Has there ever been a 30-second 1st trailer that revealed the plot of a blockbuster? Yet she complained about that for an entire paragraph.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:42 pm

I legit ran my ass over here to discuss her post about the 50 shades of grey movie. Oh my God. First her thoughts on the books and how they aren't that bad. Then how they should cast older actors, no one under 30. Then how JANE FREAKING CAMPION SHOULD DO IT.

I can't. I can see Gus Vant Sant doing this because Gus Van Sant is extremely talented but into doing weird stuff. BUT the actor part is where she loses me. This is NOT going to be a prestige project. Even Alex Pettyfer has declared hes not auditioning for it, he just did it for Gus Van Sant. Alex fucking Pettyfer who I don't even like and who is thirsty as hell is like JUST A TEST SHOOT.

But she thinks Natalie Portman and Ewan MacGregor are going to do this and its going to be directed by JANE CAMPION and its going to be an oscary-prestige project and we just need to get on board, oh my God you idiot, the only person who wants to be in this ARE CW people. ACCEPT IT.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:15 pm

I legit ran my ass over here to discuss her post about the 50 shades of grey movie. Oh my God. First her thoughts on the books and how they aren't that bad.

Heh, that's why I came over here too. Isn't Sarah a rabid Twilight fan? I could see her being really into 50 Shades when it was a fanfic and becoming very defensive now that everyone can see how ridiculous it is. The fact that she thinks that this is a project that should be taken seriously and has serious artistic potential should be all of the evidence Lainey needs to see that Sarah never understands what she's talking about.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:33 pm

No one under 30?

Isn't the whole point of the story the "corruption" of a naive college girl? Or is the character supposed to be a permanent grad student?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:45 pm

ActonBell wrote:
I legit ran my ass over here to discuss her post about the 50 shades of grey movie. Oh my God. First her thoughts on the books and how they aren't that bad.

Heh, that's why I came over here too. Isn't Sarah a rabid Twilight fan? I could see her being really into 50 Shades when it was a fanfic and becoming very defensive now that everyone can see how ridiculous it is.
Jackpot!

She used to pimp out the fanfic on her fandom account all the time (those are just the first two I found, there are way more).

I really don't get her confidence about how this is going to be huge. I feel like the buzz has really died down in the past few months. I can only imagine how little everyone will care a year from now if they finally get it together and film the thing. The reason people assume it'll be a budget CW cast is that CW actors seem to be the only ones who haven't laughed off the idea of playing the roles.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:35 pm

I have a lot of fondness for guys and dolls but in what world is it considered arguably the greatest movie musical? And seriously her whole analyzing Channing Tatum and JGL and coming to the conclusion they may be buds. Girl your article is accompanied by a pic of them hanging out. I learned via google JGL was in Tatum's wedding. You work for a gossip website, do the necessary research.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:29 pm

I love the show and I think the movie is kind of ass. But that's because I totally hate Frank Sinatra and his "one take and that's all you get" bullshit.

Love Brando as Sky, though. Which may be even more of an unpopular opinion than simply not liking the movie is.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:19 pm

I love it but I adore Sinatra lol. But it's patently ridiculous to pretend its up there with Singing in the Rain.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Bumping to say, I think hate reading Sarah is my new favorite hobby. What is this hot mess of a Macbeth article? You are going to whine about how you wished James McAvoy's Macbeth wasn't simocast? Than whine because you'd rather have his future dystopian version on film than Fassbender's medieval period one? Than act like you can only choose one, like the former is even a possibility? Than claim that the only reason this one isn't futuristic is because they are afraid of copying the McAvoy one which is also apparently the only reason this isn't get made? Then shit on Titus which was well made? Then decide this one which hasn't even cast a Lady Macbeth will be too violent and like Centurian? Girl what.

Shakespearian adaptations are ALWAYS getting made. I love McAvoy but he doesn't have a stamp on them. Patrick Stewart was nominted for a tony, like, two years ago for his Macbeth. And....girl, you can't subtly insult Michael Fassbender for being in X-Men: Too Many Characters as you call it when MCAVOY IS IN THE SAME MOVIE.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon May 06, 2013 11:36 am

As predicted, Lainey's frustration with Reese's refusal to become World's Most Hated Woman is ever so amusing to me.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Mon May 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Me too. And also...shes not the first, she won't be the last. It sucks, but calm down Lainey.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon May 06, 2013 1:14 pm

And I just found it funny that she took up for Anne Hathaway* and Gwyneth in saying how unfair it is that people still like Reese, while hating them. Because I think most people who hate those two hate them for the SAME reasons Lainey hates Reese. And it's not like she needed the arrest before she hated Reese.

*I still don't even think people "hate" Hathaway. I think they got tired of her, but I never sensed anger, more just a whole lot of jokes about how awful her speeches were.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Mon May 06, 2013 1:48 pm

Some people WERE genuinely hateful to the point that I was like...ok...but yeah I think Hathaway in GENERAL is more a case of fatigue. I like her, to be honest. I think shes genuine in her fake speeches? If that makes sense? Like I think she cares so much she over practiced them. But I've never actually heard anything but nice things about her on a personal level and she seems to have a good work ethic, so I can't hate on her, when to me shes basically the female Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I even like Gwyneth to be honest. I think shes a good actress and her out of touch white lady thing amuses me...OFF TOPIC.

Yeah Lainey has been gleeful about the arrest because she hated Reese well before this. But like, I do think Lainey can be irrational in her hatred. Like she lumps Jennifer Garner in with Reese Witherspoon but as much as I think Garner is ambitious and knows how to market herself, even Lainey herself has admitted that in every situation where shes encountered or observed Garner shes been very nice to everyone. So I think she sometimes creates a narrative and sticks to it.

I'm kinda grossed out by Lainey enjoying the Theon Greyjoy being tortured thing.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon May 06, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm kinda grossed out by Lainey enjoying the Theon Greyjoy being tortured thing.

ME TOO.

I'm starting to think of Lainey as a lost daughter of House Bolton.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue May 07, 2013 2:45 pm

In her met ball coverage Lainey is referring to everything she dislikes as something a fan of Reese Witherspoon would like...girl...
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Tue May 07, 2013 4:10 pm

She is FIXATED on this.

I'm also not sure how she's decided that people who don't care about Reese being arrested are ALSO the most white bread, boring, unsophisticated, pearl clutching, wholesome, midwest losers. I mean, the pearl clutchers should be the ones who have the biggest problem with her being arrested, no? Heee.

And sorry, but if me thinking Kristen Stewart's camel-toe wasn't a deliberate, edgy fashion choice befitting of the Gia Carangi 2.0 that she is, means I don't "get" fashion, then I'm fine with that.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue May 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Her point is something about how the pearl clutching white breads are merely hypocrites who aren't really bothered by behaviors and are willing to forgive things based on their preconceived notions. Nothing Lainey would ever do for say Annie Hathaway or Gwyneth or KStew or The Brange.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmoo on Tue May 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Hey everyone! Longtime listener, first time caller. This thread has been the source of endless giggles for me, especially the 'how DOES she do it' posts parodying BL's apparent publicity prowess. It's great that so many people feel the same way as I do about Lainey- I know her website is poison but I got hooked it when I was working at a job I really hated and am trying to wean myself away.

I get the feeling Lainey's really angry about something in general. The judgmental attitude she exhibits, for example. Is it really a big deal that J-Lo is "slumming" with some younger guy? If J-Lo is happy with him then so what? It's not like she's hurting anyone, but as a previous poster pointed out Lainey acts as though making a fool of yourself in a few peoples' eyes is on par with orchestrating a genocidal holocaust. Also appalling are her posts about Denise Richards where she goes on about how she's a "whore" who worked for Heidi Fleiss. I know empowered and independent women who work or have worked in the sex trade who aren't ashamed of it. I don't know how Lainey can go on about how Aniston isn't a "strong woman" when she makes a living slut-shaming other females and throwing around misogynistic terms like "whore". And the condescension. I facepalmed when she mentioned how Tom Cruise was hanging around "the cool kids" (Matt Damon and John Krasinski). The cool kids? Seriously? Is Lainey still in high school or something? And are Matt Damon and John Krasinski supposed to die happy now that some random from Canada thinks they're "cool"?

Her vitriol over Reese Witherspoon lovers and People Magazine has been really out there lately, even for her. I think it is eating her up that people aren't losing sleep over RW's arrest. Also, can someone please tell me why she hates on People Magazine and the "minivan majority" so much? It's not like Lainey's blog rivals Dosteovsky and doesn't entail her propagating her own personal interests. And how is anyone who disagrees with her fashion sensibilities a Reese Witherspoon loving People Magazine reader? I didn't know the sartorial preferences of some nobody blogger were the height of edginess and fashion.

Last edited by meow mix on Tue May 07, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

mrmoo

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Tue May 07, 2013 7:02 pm

I think her issue with People and the minivan majority is that she judges them for taking what's dished out and never looking past the glossy surface. They don't know the "real" gossip. But it's ironic because she's as clueless as they are much of the time and is regurgitating what she hears on other sites. She teases about a Jen/Nick reunion, and doesn't dig hard enough to realize he was actually at the afterparty with Riley Keough who he's been dating for awhile now. And I'm pretty sure she gets a lot of her "scoops" from fans on twitter...many of whom are probably cheesy People magazine readers.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue May 07, 2013 7:10 pm

You officially got my gossip radar up more then she has in a while. So are he and JLaw really good friends still or is there some kind of sketch because I'm assuming he and Keough met on the set of Mad Max, when he and Lawrence were still together?

I'm suddenly INTRIGUED more so.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Tue May 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Hee. I honestly don't know much. I heard about him and Riley on ONTD a month or so ago, but it definitely isn't well known. And maybe they are just friends. Who keep hanging out. And who were together at the afterparty last night. But either way, it's probably worth mentioning if you're going to get smutty vibes off the fact that he and Jen went to the same industry event and by all accounts so far didn't interact at all.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum