Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 28 of 38 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 28 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  ActonBell Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:47 pm

The other day, when discussing Britney's new song, Lainey said something like "It's a dope track, non?" And my eyes rolled so far back into my head.
I don't mean this to sound ageist because I'm the same age as Lainey, but saying "dope track" seems like such a try hard, "down with the kids" thing to do.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 28 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  swsa Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:22 am

You know, I find Robin Thicke creepy as shit too, but I still don't quite see why I'm supposed to hold him equally responsible for Miley rubbing her crotch with a foam finger, sticking her tongue out for an entire performance, or attempting to twerk. If I thought that performance was some choreographed and highly rehearsed production, I could see Lainey's point. But as is, all I saw when I watched it was 2 performers who probably spent 20 minutes earlier that afternoon planning their stage entrances and getting a heads up on camera placements. He's equally responsible for that performance being sloppy and bad, but sorry, I agree with him that her tweaked out weirdness IS all on Miley.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:02 pm

I honestly think Lainey is working with Miley's people the way she is with Kristen Stewart's -- she used to talk about how Miley was trash and had a "beat me" mouth, and now all of a sudden she starts talking about how Miley is a strong, empowered female and any criticism of her is rooted in sexism.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:07 pm

ActonBell wrote:she used to talk about how Miley was trash and had a "beat me" mouth
WHAT?! Holy shit. That is appalling.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Never been so glad not to read that garbage site.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Yeah, I am not a fan of Miley's right now but Laniey has been calling her the next Lohan since she was what, fifteen?
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  siboney Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Yes, for years her nickname for Miley was "beat me mouth". She was pretty much disgusted by her. There was a whole article about her red carpet hillbilly behavior at the Oscars a couple of years ago. She went 180 on a lot of issues. She had special vitriol for home wreckers until Kristen Stewart happened. She used to go hardcore on Claire Danes' ass for years. Calling her Karma Face.

siboney

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Pond Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:21 am

Not to change the topic from Miley, but just because I was reading Lainey and I find this particular habit super annoying, but does anyone else hate that she uses an * when she writes profanity? Like, why? It's her site; what's with that *? I really, really hate that; I'm of the mind that if you're going to use the word, use it, or, if you aren't (a la "sh*t"), then find another word. Why does she do this??

Also, back to Miley/Lohan/whoever else (Kristen Stewart?). I haven't been reading Lainey long enough to watch her transition from haters of these girls to feminist champion of all they do (except for Lindsay, she still hates Lindsay), but I find it interesting that she HAS changed; that she has apparently is working with these girls' people.

I love to read Lainey, but I hate-read her, and the rest of the people on her site (ugh Sarah, UGH DEAN!). What is wrong with me??

Amy Pond

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:30 am

I was sort of sad Sarah didn't write the Fifty Shades post today. I wanted to read her stan musings about how Hunnam leaving opens the door back up for Gosling and Portman to step in.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:09 pm

He also loves Charlize Theron too. He fell in love with her when she made an apple into a bong. I adore Michael K.

Lainey is pretty atrocious. Like her article about Michael Fassbender was completely OTT when you consider his actual statement and the actual article. I really enjoy him as an actor but have been a bit wary since the abuse rumors came out, but she takes it to another level, since it wasn't actually proven at all. Especially since with her I am not even sure its about that. I think she just dislikes him and i staking it to OTT levels like freaking out because he says hes probably not going to campaign because hes working in New Zealand.

Also I am so over her hatred of belly cupping. Women rest their hands on their bellys when they are pregnant. Their center of gravities change. They also have a giant beachball in front of them at all times. I understand rolling your eyes when men do it, but I would totally rest my hands on my giant pregnant belly.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:31 pm

It's sort of a natural thing to do; it feels comfortable. And I think celebs are coached to do it because in certain dresses in photos, you either look like you're wearing a parachute, or you cup the belly and then your body looks like it has a shape. Eff off, lady, and find something real to worry about.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Sarah -

Tom Hiddleston will never love you. Ever.

Kiran.

No but honestly? HIDDLEMAS? Hating on all the other stars? This is every bad stereotype of the shut in fangirl who cant find a real boyfriend.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:07 am

From Lainey's Fifty Shades post.

No one with their own sh-t going on was interested. This is why it was a joke for them to believe that they could have attracted top tier talent.
n June it was announced that Warner and Dorner are expecting a baby. Am curious then to see what the publicity strategy will be around Dornan’s personal life. You know how Twi-Hards can be about their imaginary narratives.
One, I seem to have memories of certain people thinking this would attract top tier talent...

Two? Lainey, you and Sarah have spent years being possibly the biggest pushers of that "imaginary narrative".
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:27 am

Lol, yes, memories of Natalie Portman and Ewan MacGregor fancasting.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 28 Empty Sarah, Kristen, Jennifer

Post  Amy Pond Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Did any of you see this Vulture article on the upward/downward trajectories of Jennifer Lawrence and Sourpuss Stewart? I'm wondering if Sarah saw it :).

http://www.vulture.com/2013/10/jennifer-lawrence-kristen-stewart-career-trajectories.html

Amy Pond

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Heather and Jessica's site posted it on Friday-I did see it then. Ouch. They also had an article that I didn't get to about being bankable vs. being "famous on Twitter" as they put it. Maybe I should go back and read it...but yeah Kstew is DOA according to their evaluation.
And Kiran, I stand by my fancasting of Grease with the entire cast of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:42 pm

I was not surprised Sarah wrote that Liberty Ross article. It had to have been written by a KStew superfan. And I say that as someone who side eyed the VF article, particularly the headline.

Also Quicksilver and Hawkeye don't have the best powers, or in Hawkeyes case any powers, but Sarah is once again showing her fake comic knowledge because to call them the least interesting avengers is patently wrong. Quicksilver is super interesting and well drawn, particularly his relationship with his family and his unlikability at times. And Hawkeye? Though Jeremy Renner didn't have much to do in the movie, Hawkeye probably has the most buzzed about solo Marvel series right now. So.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:51 pm

Kiran wrote:
Also Quicksilver and Hawkeye don't have the best powers, or in Hawkeyes case any powers, but Sarah is once again showing her fake comic knowledge because to call them the least interesting avengers is patently wrong. Quicksilver is super interesting and well drawn, particularly his relationship with his family and his unlikability at times. And Hawkeye? Though Jeremy Renner didn't have much to do in the movie, Hawkeye probably has the most buzzed about solo Marvel series right now. So.
Now, is she talking movie Avengers or Earth 616 Avengers? Because movie Avengers? I thought they were all good.

Comic book Avengers? There are literally dozens of Avengers less interesting than Hawkeye and Quicksilver.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Y'all, if this Harry Styles thing and her love of Aaron Johnson and Sam Taylor-Wood is anything to go by, Lainey gonna get arrested for trying to pick up a high school boy.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:42 pm

OMG. I didn't want to be the first to say it, but YES. Hee. Like I get we all have our kinks and they can sound bad when not taken in the proper spirit. But there's a distinct...seriousness to her when she talks about this stuff that ooks me out a bit. It's probably a good thing she's so anti-kid so her children never have to witness her hitting on their friends, hee.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:07 pm

How can anyone take Harry Styles seriously? His The Hair makes Rob Pattenson's look like a crew cut.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Lainey, hiring Bella Swan to do a shoot for a Chanel line is not "edgy". As a matter of fact, I would classify both Keira Knightley and Diane Kruger as edgier than KStew because at least they have an actual fashion pov of their own that isn't just "wear whatever hot mess of the day my stylist gives me a half hour before my event".
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Lainey might consider her edgy but most of the public just sees her as the bratty star of a teen movie franchise. She has a lot more in common with Blake Lively than Lainey would like to admit. If Karl really wanted to think differently he would have hired a WOC or someone that's heavier than the standard sample size (yeah, I know that would never happen, but still).
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:25 am

Compared to Givenchy's hiring of Erykah Badu it is the epitome of boring.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Its not that I'm naive enough to think Prince William would never cheat on his wife. But...theres not been any rumors of that, and...like the british tabloids are all up on their jock. All the time.

What I'm saying is, I'm not getting the scandal Lainey is try to offer because hes taking a class in Oxford and got an apartment for the duration.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 38 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next