Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 35 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Kiran Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:23 pm

Which is WEIRD. Because when Miley was pretty much completely harmless she used to call her "beat me mouth".
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 35 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  blixie Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:47 pm

I personally fell over when she said Jennifer Garner was the best thing to ever happen to Ben Affleck given her stand on Bennifer I. And she's been hard on Goop for like five pieces in a row.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:59 am

Maybe GOOP's people dissed her in some way? That's the only way I can explain it.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:32 pm

I don't know why its irritating me so much but if Sarah was going to pull her hollywood "insider" shit and do an article on 99 Homes she could do a google search and see that Laura Dern is playing Andrew Garfield's (hopefully had him as a YOUNG teenager) mom not his wife before she uses that as an argument in her article. Like...I'm pretty sure in the clip she linked he calls her mom.

I just hate Sarah you guys. It really weirdly irritates me that shes presented to us as someone in the industry.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Sarah's increased presence on the site was one of the reasons I finally peaced out. All of the things she's presented as an expert on, like comic books or the industry, she's comes off as woefully ignorant and obtuse. I really wonder about her "industry connections". Was she some c-lister's nanny or PA for a few months?
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:57 pm

Sarah is totally Lainey's buttmonkey, she is so openly disparaging of her about ...everything? I've noticed she doesn't participate in the chats anymore, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she's Lainey's connection to sources with Kristen Stewart and her people, due to her super fan status, that is the only reason Lainey ever gave her space on the blog.

I think she also probably worked at a studio as some kind of assistant, in tracking/forecasting/compiling grosses. That's when she sounds the most legit knowledgable, but even then I think she's got information, but not acumen for breaking anything down in an interesting or accurate way.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:37 pm

Lainey's bitterness towards Robert Pattinson is kind of hilarious. She devoted a whole article to trying to prove he is not man enough to sexually satisfy FKA Twigs based on a youtube video of her performing. And apparently he is dating her to prove he can be a giant man?

Like...even if Robert Pattinson is on cocaine...Lainey, you just said he doesn't have to prove his heterosexuality like Zac Efron does? And his career is doing just fine. He is getting adult roles in films done by auteurs? I mean I just can't get the logic of the same man who was last in the news for basically saying "shit happens, I ain't mad at her" at his girlfriend publicly cheating on him being THAT obsessed with proving he is a sexual conqueror.

That being said I did LOL hard at Lainey calling out Sarah for saying Dan Stevens and Benedict Cumberbatch were men o the dirt under their fingernails, Jeremy Renner ilk. Girl, I like both those men but ...what? If your going to call an upper class, boarding school SUPER English dude a manly man, at least go for Tom Hardy. He looks like he could throw a punch and used to smoke crack at least.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:35 pm

It's especially funny since when the pics of Pattinson and Twiggs first came out, Lainey had no idea who she was and did a whole snide column on Rob and all his "mystery women" and basically calling him a manwhore.

But now that she can't lump this woman into the category of "anonymous starfucker" and instead has to admit he's hanging out with a respected musician, well, now he's an impotent loser who wants the world to think he knows what he's doing in bed...by dating a woman that is unrecognizeable to 95% of the public.

Oh, Lainey.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Tom Hardy went to boarding school? Huh.

That being said I did LOL hard at Lainey calling out Sarah for saying Dan Stevens and Benedict Cumberbatch were men o the dirt under their fingernails, Jeremy Renner ilk.

I know, that's what I was talking about how she just shreds Sarah all the time. And she let her friend in on it too, I mean totally deserved because yes how is Bumberbitch in the craggy manly man basket? But still Sarah girl have a shred of self respect and tell Lainey to fuck off. Maybe then the KStew stanning/RPatz bashing will end.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Lol yes. I read an interview with him and he was super open about having a very nice upbringing. Unlike the other two I totally believe he's seen some shit though.

Sarah was also extremely defensive in her tiff column. Oh lots of people were confused by that 99 homes clip and it was Oedipul? That's why they released a second one? Okay.

ETA: I feel like I am the most active person on this thread because of my hatred of Sarah...and my feeling is probably right because here I am ranting about her again.

First of all her dismissal of the Shazaam family really underlines how little comics knowledge she has. And her MCU fangirling and Loki love has made her dismissive of everything that doesn't line up with that. DC is a hot MESS. But are you seriously telling me aside from Heath Ledger's Joker there has NEVER been a compelling villain in a comics film (minus Loki, whom I like a lot but calm down fan girls). Really? I'm putting aside personal feeling right now and just speaking to general consensus. Aaron Eckhart's Two Face was rushed but I seem to remember him being well received and the only really criticism that character getting was that they wouldn't use him again. Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow ended up appearing in all three movies because he was well liked. Ra's Al Ghul was also well used imo. They were overshadowed by Heath Ledger's Joker sure, but they were all well received and not considered non factors. Hell even in the least well received of those films, Anne Hathaway's Catwoman was one of the few things that was praised across the board.

Before that there was Jack Nicholson's Joker, and Michelle Pfieffer's Catwoman and Danny DeVito's Penguin and even whatever the fuck Christopher Walken was playing. Like, again people have very divisive thoughts on those characters but they were certainly strong characters that threatened to overshadow the hero. Hell, even Captain America: Winter Soldier was the first Marvel movie imo besides Thor to create some strong adversaries.

Ugh I hate her.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:27 pm

I love Joss, but putting Loki in front of the Rogue's Gallery is just not possible. They have been a part of pop culture since the sixties.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:54 pm

I don't visit Lainey but I love all the rantings about her and Sarah. It makes me feel like I know them and hate them too!
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:37 pm

I honestly want to know what Robert Pattinson did to Lainey.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Seconded.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:04 pm

I just love that in Laineyworld, Rob is the horrible boyfriend, while Kristen was the huge catch as a gf. I'd like to think that even if you adore KStew, you can at least admit that she seems to be a TERRIBLE girlfriend.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Yes I'm sure both Oregano and RPatz agree on that point.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:37 pm

Also I think Twigs is awesome...but how is Lainey like "Robert Pattinson has great taste" when she showed her ass two weeks ago and openly said she thought she was some random girl.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Lainey, I know you're pissed of at the Chris Martin/Jennifer Lawrence thing, but her statement about the nude scandal was fine, imo. She was referring to her situation. That was it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:00 pm

No, Lainey. I'm being totally honest in saying that if both JLaw and Goop invited me to a party, I would go to JLaw's.

I think Lainey overestimates the general public's desperation to hang out with Stella McCartney while snacking on tea sandwiches.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:18 pm

I THOUGHT THAT TOO. I was like Jennifer Lawrence's is way more likely to have at least one Kravitz, Woody Harrelson, weed, booze and chips. I refuse to believe it was a landslide victory.

Her desperate Gwyneth stanning is hilarious. Girl used to be a GIANT Coldplay stan now shes acting like his cds DON'T sell and talking about how boring he is all the time and acting like having a huge penis is horrifying.

Like I've said, I actually enjoy Coldplay for yoga music and have fond feelings for Chris Martin because a friend worked for him, but I WOULD never say I was a big fan of his but her sudden hatred of him is hilarious.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:32 am

Bumping to say it REALLY irritates me how disparaging Lainey is to people who read the GoT books. The constant eye rolling at them and referring to them as nerds is irritating to me. It comes up when she talks about comics too.

Like, girl, we know what you were like with Harry Potter. Calm down. You can't throw any stones.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:57 am

She also loved the Divergent series (until the final book), which I really side-eyed.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Her think about Romeo Beckham is also really creepy. Hes adorable, but he looks his very young, child like age. And this passage:

I don’t even know how we’ll handle it as he grows into those genes. The better question is: how will HE handle it? This boy is going to be a heart killer – of women, of men, of trans, of us all.

....Why are you differentiating trans people like they aren't just as much men or women as cis people.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:35 am

Wow, gross in so many different ways, it's almost impressive.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Shouldn't oscar expert Joanna know that Naomi Watts did get an oscar nom for the impossible?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next