Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Jude on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:20 pm

I forgot Aaron was that young when Sam hooked up with him. Ugh. Every time I think Lainey can't sink any lower, she goes ahead and dives.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:46 pm

While I appreciate that my fondness for CAVILL does not make me the most unbiased of people, but Lainey's post on him leaving the Stratton movie has a tone to it that seems to go beyond OMG Gossip. I'm not saying everyone has to like him, but to go around with that much vitriol about someone leaving a film that you'd think she'd personally invested in, I dunno.

Even some of her other posts, she has to get a dig in. Not that she reserves it exclusively for him, mind. I'll say this much for her, she's an equal opportunity hater.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Heh that was a Sarah post I got two sentences in before I stopped reading because that girl is so wrong about everything, and I remembered I don't actually care about Henry Cavill: actor, only Henry Cavill boyfriend of Gina Carano.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:09 pm

See, I read this thread and I noted everyone's comments about this Sarah and thought, she doesn't sound very nice. Now I don't know what impulse made me click on the site and start going through the posts, but some of Sarah's were like...you know when someone else gets to do something or gets that job or gets something you like and you find yourself saying "yeah well, they're twits and always have been!" because she doesn't seem to have much information to back up what she's saying except her opinion. Even the way it's written does not seem like she is an informed source or an authority on any subject, which I gather from this thread that she is not.

I wish someone would pay me to write shit about things I don't know much about. Because I'm full of shit and there's a lot of stuff I don't know about. I'd make a mint in the first year!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:26 am

Curiously, only some of those episodes will deal with the alien conspiracy plot, while others will be stand-alones. Unresolved mythology is the reason shows like this get revived

Yes, Sarah. How "curious" that the X-Files revival will include what literally EVERY SINGLE FAN has said is the strength of the series. Before I even watched XF, I knew the mantra of "by the end the mythology was a mess and the standalones were better". Not like in your average Top 10 Episodes list, at least half are standalones.

I mean, I realize in the reams of stupidity she's written, this is so not even a blip, but it just BUGS me when she pretends to be a fan of something she clearly knows nothing about.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:14 am

Double posting, because...jeebus, her Brooklyn Beckham column...Brooklyn Beckham, a 16-year old. Does she not hear how pathetic this sounds?

While we might all have experienced teen love, and remember it very well, teen life these days, well, it’s a secret, just as it’s always been. I’m obsessed with this. Duana and I spend hours texting each other back and forth about the mysteries of the teen. For instance, did you know that teens are currently obsessed with Suits (the tv show) and Grey’s Anatomy seasons 1-4? At least you’ve heard of Suits and Grey’s Anatomy. There’s all kinds of other sh-t that you have no idea about. And by the time you figure it out, it won’t matter to teens anymore because they’ll be on to the next. I wrote about teens in my latest column for FLARE. Their secret language. Their secret conversations.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:52 am

I can't believe she wrote a whole article about teen culture, and her desperate hope she's inside their minds. Then I realized it was a big CanCon plug and I laughed.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jordan Baker on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Until a couple of days ago it had been a while since I read anything on Lainey Gossip, so maybe someone can enlighten me: what, exactly, did Leonardo DiCaprio do to warrant the apparent hate campaign that Lainey and her little monkey Sarah have launched against him and The Revenant? Is it really nothing more than him openly wanting to win an Oscar, or did he actually do or say something offensive to inspire such fervent mockery?

Jordan Baker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:38 am

Why does she hate so many celebrities? Whenever I read her page, it's just glaringly obvious to me how much she loathes certain people, while almost fetishizing others, for seemingly no reason whatsoever. She never even tries to explain it; she just does. She seems to be arrested in somewhere in mean-girl adolescence.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:54 am

The weirdest thing for me with her Leo hate campaign is she did several columns insisting Johnny Depp isn't working for it. Which is just blatantly untrue. Pretty much every Oscar pundit I follow has been talking about how hard Depp is campaigning. Constant Q&A's, screenings, pr-assisted award tributes, etc. And unlike Leo, Depp's film is long gone from theaters, so this is SOLELY about trying to get that nomination and not film promotion anymore. Leo actually DOES still need to be out there hustling just so this seemingly very dark, very expensive movie can try to break even.
swsa

Back to top Go down

anyone still around?

Post  Amy Pond on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Just wondering if anyone around here was still interested in Lainey complaining? There haven't been posts here for a while. I had stopped checking Lainey for a bit because her causes get old for me, and she retreads them often (I mean, I like Beyonce, but just apparently not as much as the rest of the world?) but I dipped back in the last couple of weeks. There seems to be a new writer, Kathleen, who is kind of meh, and still no comments allowed on the site, which I feel like is such a disservice to its readers.

Anyway, hope someone's out there!

Amy Pond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic View next topic Back to top