Robert Pattinson

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Robert Pattinson Empty Robert Pattinson

Post  Jude on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:26 am

Oh, why not? I can't be the only fan of His Royal Goofiness, can I?

Anyway, here's his latest: The teaser trailer for David Cronenberg's Cosmopolis. I think, all fan bias aside, that it looks kind of amazing. But I don't know that I'll go see it, because generally speaking, Me + Cronenberg = Hands Over Eyes, Cringing in Seat.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Robert Pattinson Empty Re: Robert Pattinson

Post  whatthedeuce on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:03 am

I don't love him, but I also can't ever hate him because it's hilarious how he acknowledges that Edward Cullen is a bit of a tool. That refreshing bit of awareness of the character that made him popular just amuss me to no end!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:06 am

Yeah, he gets a lot of criticism for that from people who'd probably dislike him anyway, but I think it's funny (and true!) as hell. The Eclipse commentary with just him and Kristen is hilarious, because he gets so exasperated with how Bella goes off with Jacob and Edward just accepts it. And Kristen's trying to explain Bella's motivations, and he's just having none of it. The commentary is the best part of that movie, as far as I'm concerned.

His interviews are almost always entertaining. He usually says something ridiculous, which is either really funny or aiming for funny but missing it by such a mile that it comes around to being funny again. I think he can photograph beautifully, but really, it's his personality that makes him so endearing to me.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:56 am

Yeah, I'm excited for Cosmopolis. It looks very trippy and a huge 180 from A Dangerous Method. Which I liked okay but wasn't really excited by. The source material is REALLY weird though, and the dialogue in the book is very stylistic and difficult, so I have no idea how well it will translate to screen.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Jude wrote:His interviews are almost always entertaining. He usually says something ridiculous, which is either really funny or aiming for funny but missing it by such a mile that it comes around to being funny again.
There was an interview around the time of the first Twilight movie where he said Summit had tried to give him some media training, and the media training people just gave up on him. That tidbit's always made me like him.

And now he's going to be in a movie that I'd genuinely want to see, for the first time since GOF. (If hadn't blinked and missed that Dali one, I might've tried that.) That's cool.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:23 pm

I keep forgetting to check Tumblr at all, but when I do, this is one of my favorite tum...blogs?
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Oh wow...that is just the BEST! Thanks for that -- guess you know what I'll be doing for the next embarrassing number of hours...

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:29 pm

The odds are unlikely that every single word that comes out of his mouth is pure gold, but that is the impression that tumblr will give you, yes.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:41 am

That tumblr is the best thing to happen to me this week. Judging from the tumblr, if you looked up "don't give a fuck" Pattinson's picture would be beside it. I may forgive him for "Water for Elephants" now.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Bless you. I feel awful and this tumblr has come close to making everything better.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Just realized we really are taking over the Couples thread, so all this should probably go over here.

ONTD has been on top of The Cheating Saga: Breaking Robsten.

Rob has been crashing at Reese's place

US Weekly was tipped off about the affair and that's why they had paps assigned to Stewart

So now...who tipped them off? Dun, dun, DUN.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:30 pm

There have been rumors that Liberty Ross was suspicious and/or had hired a private detective to tail Sanders, so she or someone close to her could have been the source.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:37 pm

Whoa, really? That's a new one! The plot thickens!!

And yeah, ONTD has been the source of my entertainment for a week now. So wrong, yet so funny. There was one gif of a goat turning its head and staring at the camera (used in reaction to one of those "I SUPPORT KRISTEN" pics) that honestly made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:37 pm

There were also rumors on ONTD that her brother (who was staying with them) found out about it and abruptly moved out because it was too uncomfortable for him to be around Rob. So now people are wondering if he or one of his friends tipped off US Weekly.

Heee. This is all so dramatic. And yet, I think what amuses me most about that rumor is that you've got a couple of multi-millionaires who are still your basic 20-somethings, stuck with deadbeat relatives and friends crashing at their place.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:57 pm

If US Weekly was tipped off and started following Kristen, then that means the cheating wasn't just a "momentary" or one-time thing. I think the pics made it obvious that they had an ongoing affair but still...

That's nice of Reese to offer a place for Rob to stay during this mess.

Last edited by Arabella on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:58 pm

I would bet multiple non-famous people from the Snow White and the Huntsman set. Because that seems to be when it started (or showed signs of starting). There were some papped (non-incriminating) shots of Stewart and the director hanging out in London, which I suspect now were the paps on the hunt for proof on tabloid instructions.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:15 pm

The latest is that Entertainment Tonight is saying the reports of Rob staying at Reese's ranch are false. There has been so much misinformation in this whole mess that no sooner has one item "leaked" than it's proven untrue an hour later. And the corn just keeps on popping.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Because that seems to be when it started (or showed signs of starting).

US is seeming to say the sexing is fairly recent (during the press tour), if not momentary.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:51 pm

I wonder if he WAS at Reese's and now left? Or he's there but now that it's leaked, they're saying he's not so the paps don't swarm. Heee, I can't believe how much thought I've given this. But it just seems weird for People to get that wrong. I thought they ran everything by publicists. I'm kind of wondering if her side leaked that, and then his denied. But I can't figure out why they would.

US Weekly scans

People scans

To sum up - He's drinking! He's not drinking! They're not talking! They started talking this weekend! He won't get over this! He doesn't know if he'll get over this!

swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Don't forget being driven back to cigarettes and reading everything about the scandal online. I wonder if he just read the more mainstream gossipy stuff or the crazy fandom stuff on Twitter/Tumblr?

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:26 pm

I watched Breaking Dawn, P1 for the first time last night (with RiffTrax), and I can't imagine him having to even watch the second movie with all the vampire sexy times and whatnot. That must be super awkward was well.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:27 pm

swsa wrote:I wonder if he WAS at Reese's and now left? Or he's there but now that it's leaked, they're saying he's not so the paps don't swarm. Heee, I can't believe how much thought I've given this. But it just seems weird for People to get that wrong. I thought they ran everything by publicists. I'm kind of wondering if her side leaked that, and then his denied. But I can't figure out why they would.

I had this thought too, about People as the publicists' mouthpieces. Maybe he was at Witherspoon's ranch, but he's not there anymore. She's heavily pregnant and probably doesn't want her property any more paparazzi'd than usual. I also don't think his publicists would be honest about where he is presently.

US is seeming to say the sexing is fairly recent (during the press tour), if not momentary.

Heh, I'm not buying the 'momentary' one bit. But when did the press tour happen? May? I'd buy it started (or was consummated) then.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:40 pm

Press tour was May/June. I do think it's possible it started then. She was in Australia in June promoting just with Hemsworth and Sanders. And with that being Hemsworth's home, he was probably with his family during downtime, not hanging with the two of them. I can imagine it started up then, if only because had it been going on during filming (Aug 2011-Dec 2011), these two seem WAY too stupid to not get caught.

There was obviously emotional cheating going on much earlier than that though.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:49 pm

swsa wrote:Press tour was May/June. I do think it's possible it started then. She was in Australia in June promoting just with Hemsworth and Sanders. And with that being Hemsworth's home, he was probably with his family during downtime, not hanging with the two of them. I can imagine it started up then, if only because had it been going on during filming (Aug 2011-Dec 2011), these two seem WAY too stupid to not get caught.

That makes a lot of sense (especially the emotional cheating part), and everyone knows nothing you do in Australia counts because of opposite hemisphere rules makes everything backwards, including toilet flushes and cheating.

A small part of me wonders if Stewart had weird, inferior feelings about her fame being connected to Pattinson's, and thought the paps would have less interest in stalking her alone. So she could dry hump her lover out in the open without getting caught...
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:05 pm

For sure I'm sure the attraction/flirting had been simmering away, and then the first real chance they had on that Australia trip just went for it and continued to go for it in random parking lots, in a very uncomfortable for sex car.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum