Mad Men

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mad Men

Post  Arabella on Fri May 29, 2015 12:15 am

RiverThames wrote:One thing Mad Men frequently did, which was equal parts ballsy and annoying, was throw a character in a scene and presume you'd remember them, or just have a new character be there, in someone's life, without any explanation.  Like, I never realized when Ken Cosgrove got married-- just all of a sudden, he was.  
I remember when it was mentioned that Ken got engaged (Harry and Pete talk about it) because it was the same episode that Allison confronted Don about their one-night stand and quit. Allison and Ken had a history at the old Sterling Cooper that seemed casual, but he wanted to take her to the SC anniversary dinner. She declined, saying "Mr. Draper" wouldn't like it. I always wondered if, in addition to the awkwardness with Don, she'd heard Ken was getting married and it got her a bit emotional about the road not taken.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Re: Mad Men

Post  Snarker on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:49 pm

Corvus wrote:Never mind the debate, the interpretation ('not open to interpretation?' This is THE INTERNET), the emotions, the discussion:

THAT STUPID SONG IS STILL STUCK IN MY HEAD.

Thanks, Weiner.

Yes, Matt, thanks bunches! I didn't need to hear that particular jingle ever again!

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum