Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Film Trailers

+91
jstilwe
Morning Angel
Agent Sculder
mokey75
Cutebutpsycho
Arabella
Rhilin
Coneycat
VodouDoll
Gillian
Skyblade
wenchsenior
BreezyK
Paris, Texas
Renny Sue
Count_Bloodcount
GoodbyeWithWords
ulkis
Francie Nolan
nazlan
ActonBell
Kookla
Carrie Ann
Red Wolf
mandalaya
eco
The Dude
Raksha
katesti
sen3
areefamalik
Fiammetta
chibimanda
Case
caerbannog
Jude
Escape
mialoubug
nikita
TiffanyNichelle
Menshevixen
Gallifrey Girl
Bob Genghis Khan
Matinee
laurelin_kit
Cynara
Luthien
truecrystal
Wildog27
xyzzy
SarahJanet
elleth
Binky
Jamie
gannetguts
Never Enough
jensa
RiverThames
mrinsouciance
Instant Monkeys
Unlucky Bear
MtOlivePickles
mozzarella
Esseilte
queenofdenile
Corellderaan
sagitare
Auroura76
bookworm
punzy
caltrask55
inversed
Kiran
PrincessCleo
QueenSix
Grainne Mhaol
whatthedeuce
Miss Moneypenny
blixie
puddingcup
biakbiak
laddical
Poubelle
bbridges
naughty zoot
Eris Rising
tothemax
Putli Bai
jcpdiesel21
alexdegenhardt
swsa
95 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Film Trailers - Page 10 Empty Re: Film Trailers

Post  Kookla Tue May 22, 2012 11:08 pm

I certainly didn't dislike it. I'm intrigued enough. I loved the glimpse of the eyes of Dr. TJ Eckleburg.

Kookla

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Wed May 23, 2012 12:04 am

I....thought it looked pretty cool. I loved everything except Tobey Maguire, but I just can't bring myself to like that guy for some reason.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed May 23, 2012 11:01 am

From Andy Borowitz' Twitter: "Glad they're making Great Gatsby in 3-D. Best part of book was when Gatsby threw knives at the reader's face."

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Case Tue May 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Les Miserables teaser trailer this week, apparently. The stills from the film look gorgeous,can't wait!
....ITS HERE.

Wow.
Case
Case

https://www.facebook.com/case.crum

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Wed May 30, 2012 7:43 am

That looks amazing. I am very excited. Apparently it comes out the say day as The Hobbit. Choices will have to be made.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed May 30, 2012 7:56 am

I'm going to have to spend that day going to both movies. The trailer is fantastic.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte Wed May 30, 2012 10:04 am

It looks beautiful, but I'm disappointed with Anne Hathaway's singing. She sounds breathy, weak and a bit affected. It's dramatic, but I'd rather there was a bit more singing and a bit less acting to it - the words can do a lot of the job on their own, scenery chewing isn't necessary, at least not all the way through. I could like her opening of the song, so long as it built up to something, but it doesn't seem to.

I wish they'd chosen another song for the first look. Fantine isn't as important as this makes her out to be - I always forget about her five minutes after she dies, which is quite early on, and when I took my Mum to see the show she asked me who the other lady was who came out with Eponine at the end. I'd rather have heard 'Do You Hear the People Sing' or 'Look Down'.
Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed May 30, 2012 11:15 am

I actually LOVE that they chose to minimize the belting. Most of these actors aren't going to be able to compete with professional Broadway singers, so I'd rather see them playing to their strengths. I've heard they're singing live on set, and I think it's quite smart really. I'll take weaker vocals with more emotion over the pro-tooled mess we get when a lot of movie stars try to "sing".

I actually got the shivers from this. So excited. And I'm relieved that apparently I DON'T have complete Anne Hathaway hate as I loved her in this, unlike in all the The Dark Knight Rises footage.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed May 30, 2012 12:02 pm

I really enjoyed the singing. I got choked up the first time on "so different from this hell I'm living" and actually cried through my second watch.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Wed May 30, 2012 1:30 pm

So excited. I'm glad she didn't oversing it, partly because the impact would be lost somewhat in a trailer and partly because it might evoke Susan Boyle too much. I'm more nervous about Hugh Jackman's singing.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed May 30, 2012 2:06 pm

I'm nervous about Russell Crowe. Stars is one of my favorite songs in the show.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed May 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Hugh Jackman's singing is a big concern? Hasn't he actually performed on Broadway/in musical theater...often? IDK I thought he was sort of the gimme.

It's dramatic, but I'd rather there was a bit more singing and a bit less acting to it - the words can do a lot of the job on their own, scenery chewing isn't necessary,

I think on stage that is true, big vocals are better, stage is a more visceral medium, but I think on screen the choice to go smaller with more acting than singing is a good one.

I will relish getting to hate Russell Crowe in character as I have so long hated him off screen!

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Wed May 30, 2012 3:15 pm

Hugh Jackman has been in a bunch of musicals and he won a few awards. He should be ok. He hosted the Tony Awards recently, and I be there is a ton of stuff on youtube of him singing (hot guy signing well, yes please).

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  nazlan Wed May 30, 2012 3:26 pm

swsa wrote:I'm nervous about Russell Crowe. Stars is one of my favorite songs in the show.

Agreed. Javert may be a stiff-necked bastard, but he gets two of the best solo numbers in the show. And The Confrontation loses a lot of its punch if one of the participants can't hold up his end.

I quite liked Hathaway's interpretation there. The big, belty, BROADWAY style works on stage where the actor is having to fill in for what the audience can't see, but film is a much more visual medium. Besides, the show's 30 years old (and that sound was me choking a little on that realization) - it's time to freshen it up with a different take on the material.
nazlan
nazlan

Back to top Go down

Post  Francie Nolan Wed May 30, 2012 5:09 pm

Oh God, that totally made me weepy AND gave me the shivers. I had reservations about this, but now I'm excited!

Francie Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Wed May 30, 2012 7:36 pm

That was better than expected, though I'm still very nervous about the whole thing. Especially Russell Crowe; I just cannot make myself believe he's got the pipes to handle "Stars". I started out hating Anne Hatheway's singing, but by the end I was into it. The less Susan Boyle-like it is, the better. I liked the shot of the barricade. I wonder who's playing Gavroche? Now there's a role that needs to be handled carefully, else you'll end up with merely an annoying kid character. I love his song in the show: "so you'd better run for cover when the pup grows up!"

Has anyone heard what's been cut from the movie? Or [shudder] added?

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Wed May 30, 2012 10:29 pm

I thought Anne Hathaway did really well. That song works a lot smaller. I am worried about Russell Crowe. "Stars" is such a beautiful song and I worry that he is going to butcher it.

I saw Hugh Jackman in The Boy From Oz on stage and while none of those songs are as big as the songs in Les Mis he was really good.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Case Wed May 30, 2012 11:20 pm

It looks as if "I Dreamed A Dream" is after Fantine sells her hair,and after "Lovely Ladies". Which makes more sense to me dramatically. Cutting "L'Air de Misere" but leaving "Dream" really caused problems structurally,so it's nice to see they've fixed that.

Also looks as if the "Valjean and Cosette on the run from Javert in Paris" chase from the novel is in the film! Looks as if Tom Hooper really knows the story!
Case
Case

https://www.facebook.com/case.crum

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Thu May 31, 2012 4:58 pm

*Gasp!* Are people doubting Hugh Jackman's ability to play Jean Valjean on screen?? He sings, he dances, he hosts, he acts, he's freakin' Wolverine!! We should be grateful that he is going to brighten up our lives a little with his on-screen presence once more!!*

There's a new trailer out for The Bourne Legacy. I had been holding off judgement on it until I knew a bit more about it and it seems that this film is going to tie in with events in the Matt Damon films, which I think is an interesting way of doing it.

*Oh would you look at that. I can be very logical and matter of fact about Benedict Cumberbatch, but mention Hugh Jackman and I go a bit off the rails. I should make a "I LUV U, HUGH" banner to wave in the cinema when I go to see the film.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu May 31, 2012 5:27 pm

QueenSix wrote:There's a new trailer out for The Bourne Legacy. I had been holding off judgement on it until I knew a bit more about it and it seems that this film is going to tie in with events in the Matt Damon films, which I think is an interesting way of doing it.

I would have gone to see this no matter what because I have a little Jeremy Renner Situation, but that looks really good! I super excited now!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Menshevixen Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:40 am

Raksha wrote:
QueenSix wrote:There's a new trailer out for The Bourne Legacy. I had been holding off judgement on it until I knew a bit more about it and it seems that this film is going to tie in with events in the Matt Damon films, which I think is an interesting way of doing it.

I would have gone to see this no matter what because I have a little Jeremy Renner Situation, but that looks really good! I super excited now!

All honesty, they can make more Bourne films than Halloween and Land Before Time put together and I will see them all. That said, this actually looks interesting and good and, well, Renner. And Rachel Weisz.
Menshevixen
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:32 pm

The Bourne Legacy looks fantastic. I think they've found a great way to continue the series even without Matt Damon, which I didn't think was possible. Plus, Jeremy Renner is having A Moment and looks perfect in this role.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:26 pm

I wish they'd chosen another song for the first look. Fantine isn't as important as this makes her out to be - I always forget about her five minutes after she dies, which is quite early on, and when I took my Mum to see the show she asked me who the other lady was who came out with Eponine at the end. I'd rather have heard 'Do You Hear the People Sing' or 'Look Down'..

Agreed. But they haven't finished filming the Thenardiers' stuff yet, so I'm hoping they will come out with a trailer to "Master of the House".

It's weird to me how they downplay Fantine and Cosette so much in the musical and yet make Eponine a rather large role, even though her part was much smaller in the book then either of them. You could say the librettists found Eponine more interesting but they took out the interesting parts about her in the musical.

Hathaway's *singing* doesn't bug me per se - she just has a dopey look that rubs me the wrong way. I'm mean.

I wonder who's playing Gavroche? Now there's a role that needs to be handled carefully, else you'll end up with merely an annoying kid character. I love his song in the show: "so you'd better run for cover when the pup grows up!"

A theater kid I think. I think he's a bit too young, he looks about 9. In the show they cast them young so they won't have to get a new Gavroche every year, but he's supposed to be about 12 and I dunno why they wouldn't go with that in the movie. When I watch the stage show I always think, "why don't they haul this 8 year old outta here?" With a 12 year old it's more understandable that they can't control him.

Has anyone heard what's been cut from the movie? Or [shudder] added?.

Haven't heard anything being cut yet, but there's a new song being added for Valjean after he gets Cosette from the Thenardiers about watching her grow up. It's called "Suddenly". In concept I approve but the lame title signals to me it's going to be pretty cheesy.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodbyeWithWords Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:50 pm

I'm just glad the "Taylor Swift as Eponine" bullet was dodged.

GoodbyeWithWords

Back to top Go down

Post  Count_Bloodcount Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:09 am

nazlan wrote:
swsa wrote:I'm nervous about Russell Crowe. Stars is one of my favorite songs in the show.

Agreed. Javert may be a stiff-necked bastard, but he gets two of the best solo numbers in the show. And The Confrontation loses a lot of its punch if one of the participants can't hold up his end.

I quite liked Hathaway's interpretation there. The big, belty, BROADWAY style works on stage where the actor is having to fill in for what the audience can't see, but film is a much more visual medium. Besides, the show's 30 years old (and that sound was me choking a little on that realization) - it's time to freshen it up with a different take on the material.
Exactly. She sings it not as a showstopper, but as a forlorn song of utter despair. That, combined with the (wise) choice to make her sing it after she's become a prostitute, makes it all the more heartbreaking, IMO.

Count_Bloodcount

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum