Film Trailers

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Film Trailers

Post  caltrask55 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:12 am

I love Charlize as well but I just can't see a movie where Kristen Stewart is supposed to be more beautiful than Charlize Theron. Just no.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:16 pm

After seeing the trailer, I may actually go to the theater to see it. It looks good, also Chris Helmsworth so hot.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Well in the trailer they did say one day surpass her, not currently. Also in the script
Spoiler:
the evil queen is gathering up all the young beautiful women in the land. So shes gathered up a few by the time Snow White is targeted and her aging plays a huge part in her fears.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Snow White and the Huntsman looks really good to me. Not sure about KStew, but I'm down with Thor and the Queen. I also read into "surpasses her" not so much as more beautiful, but surpasses her in power.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:51 pm

bookworm, I grasped it as surpassing her power-wise, too, not in regards to beauty. I actually tink KStew is quite pretty, but compared to Charlize Theron? Come on now.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Is Hemsworth the Thor guy? I thought he was Colin Farrell in the promo art.

Not that I don't support more feminist reinterpretations of these old stories, but I find it amusing that all these new fairy tale movies/TV shows have the heroine be so badass. Again, it's great for our times and all, but seems anachronistic to me. I think it looks great, but am very disappointed Kristen Stewart is in this. She's so wooden. Charlize Theron looks amazing.

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Trailer for the Iron Lady, the Thatcher biopic.

That's a much more positive spin on her than I've heard from most Brits. Though I don't think I've encountered too many Tories. (There do seem to be some hints that the movie might be a little more nuanced than the trailer, at least.)

Also, I like how this year's Oscarbaity movie about an Important British Person still has a vocal coach. (I think I'd feel better about this movie if it didn't feel like somebody pitched it as "The Queen meets the The King's Speech!")
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Meryl looks amazing, as she would, and I do adore Jim Broadbent. However, using "Our House" in the first part of the trailer was very jarring. It just did not suit the tone or subject of the movie at all. That was a problem with the teaser trailer, too. It used Clint Mansell's score from "Moon" which was just a bit too much on the other side of dark and creepy to really fit.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Corellderaan on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 am

Well - we've now got the other Snow White trailer Mirror, Mirror. And it looks... not good.

Corellderaan

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:57 am

Uh yeah. It really doesn't look good. Julia looks like she's having a ball, and that's nice, but the rest...no.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 am

I think I might break my rule of never seeing biopics to see Iron Lady. When I was little I loved Mrs. Thatcher - she was my absolute idol. I know there were all sorts of issues that I was too little to pick up on, but mainly I loved her because Arthur Scargill scared the living daylights out of me, and compared to him was this woman in her blue suit, with her beautiful voice, and I just thought she was incredible. It wasn't until later that I even noticed the negatives.

This is an especially unpopular opinion where I live - the North of England, basically Billy Elliot/mining country.
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:54 am

At least Mirror, Mirror doesn't feel as pretentious from the outset as the trailers for Immortals did. Though I can see it getting just as wearisome if it plays in front of every movie I go to see like Immortals did.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Considering I HATE Julia Roberts I can't believe I am going to say this. I think Mirror Mirror looks a thousand times more enjoyable than Snow White and the Huntsmen.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:17 pm

Considering I do not usually enjoy Julia Roberts as an actress, I am astonished to say the only way I would see that is if her evil queen wins in the end.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:52 pm

I am disappointed at how doofy Armie Hammer looks in the Mirror, Mirror trailer. But points for shirtlessness!
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  mozzarella on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:31 am

Titanic re-release in 3D (with preface by James Cameron)

April 6th, y'all! I wonder if this film will capture the teen girl audience of today the way it did 14 years ago.

mozzarella

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:18 pm

He's Just Not That Into You 2, or What to Expect When You're Expecting.

And Joss Whedon's long delayed Cabin in the Woods, which looks scarier than I expected.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 pm

I've heard its actually good and the delay had more to do with the studio going under. I'm hoping that's true because the trailer looks good.

I'm not gonna lie. That big poppa cut in with Chris Rock made me laugh. I'm gonna end up netflixing that movie like I do all of these ensemble romantic comedies.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:32 pm

The delay might even be a boon to the movie since Chris Hemsworth is considerably more famous now than he was when it was filmed.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:19 am

That's what I was thinking too, Thor did a Horror Movie is not a bad way to market things.

Of course I thought the marketing for Serenity, which highlighted how Han Solo-ish Mal was, would bring in the hoards of erstwhile Star Wars fans who said they didn't like the prequels because there was no Han Solo.

Yeah, I was pretty wrong about that.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:20 am

Serenity I think put off a lot of people who didn't watch the show. This movie might be luckier just because it doesn't have any mythology or back-story behind it.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:28 am

mozzarella wrote:Titanic re-release in 3D (with preface by James Cameron)

April 6th, y'all! I wonder if this film will capture the teen girl audience of today the way it did 14 years ago.

A new group of teenage girls will be introduced to the dreaminess of Leo in that role. I never got to see Titanic during its super-long theatrical run, so I will be there just to make up for that. (Also, well... I like the movie? I know it's not cool to say that!)

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:31 am

I have a lot of affection for it. Its cheesy but the acting is good and its beautiful to look at. And I was 10 and dragged my poor father to the theater three times after ballet class because I couldn't get in without him.

Honestly his always horrified COVER YOUR EYES reaction (like he hadn't seen it happen the other two times) to the PAINT ME LIKE ONE OF YOUR FRENCH GIRLS and car sex scenes amuse me so much now.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:51 am

My best friends were OBSESSED with that movie. We saw it first showing the day it came out, and they saw it like four times after that. I have great affection for it.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:57 am

I reverted back to a teenage girl when I saw the trailer and found myself seriously pondering if I could get anyone to go to a midnight showing with me. So yes, I'll be there opening night for sure.

I'll always remember the original as the first movie that got my grandmother to the theater again for the first time in like 10 years. And she wasn't let down by it in the least. It really was an experience back then.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top