Tearjerking Movie Moments

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tearjerking Movie Moments

Post  Snarryfan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 pm

I cry every time I watch Deep Impact and get to the part where the astronauts say goodbye to their families. Mary McCormack in particular but also when Robert Duvall tells his dead wife he's coming home.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:53 am

jstilwe wrote:This one is hugely embarassing, but I cried like a baby during Armageddon, when Bruce Willis tells Liv Tyler (his daughter) that he's not going to be coming home.

I've got an even more embarrassing one. I cried at the part in Return of the King where Frodo tells Sam to leave. It's totally unnecessary and completely antithetical to the spirit of the books, but the tears overpowered the nerd rage. I don't usually cry at movies, but that one pushed the right buttons (i.e., hammered frantically on the button labeled "Abandonment Issues").

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  VegetasMom on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 am

jstilwe wrote:This one is hugely embarassing, but I cried like a baby during Armageddon, when Bruce Willis tells Liv Tyler (his daughter) that he's not going to be coming home.

I randomly tear up throughout that whole movie. Also, see President Bill Pullman's rousing speech in Independence Day.

VegetasMom

Back to top Go down

Post  VegetasMom on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:31 am

punzy wrote:We watched Old Yeller at some point in grade school. I don't know whose idea that was, but I assume the class full of crying kids was an appropriate punishment.

We went to go see "Where the Red Fern Grows" as some kind of sadistic treat. Even boys came out of that movie red-eyed and puffy, lol.

VegetasMom

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:08 am

jstilwe, I can't be entirely certain, but I think I at least got choked up at the end of Armageddon. I don't recall actually crying, but I think I tried to keep a tear or choked gulp in.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:03 am

whatthedeuce wrote:jstilwe, I can't be entirely certain, but I think I at least got choked up at the end of Armageddon. I don't recall actually crying, but I think I tried to keep a tear or choked gulp in.

Cried. Totally cried.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Oh god, Armageddon. No matter how cheesy parts of it are: "We win, Gracie!".

Gets me every single time.
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:53 pm

My people.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:19 pm

punzy wrote:We watched Old Yeller at some point in grade school. I don't know whose idea that was, but I assume the class full of crying kids was an appropriate punishment.
We watched this in the fifth grade, and I can't remember a whole lot of kids crying. A few of them teared up, but I don't think anyone really cried. Perhaps we were robot children.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Did they stop it before the rabies?

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:03 pm

My old teacher at primary school showed us Watership Down, and stopped it before Hazel died. Which was great, until I saw it on TV a few months later, saw the ending, and howled the place down.
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:38 am

draco vulgaris wrote:I've got an even more embarrassing one. I cried at the part in Return of the King where Frodo tells Sam to leave. It's totally unnecessary and completely antithetical to the spirit of the books, but the tears overpowered the nerd rage. I don't usually cry at movies, but that one pushed the right buttons (i.e., hammered frantically on the button labeled "Abandonment Issues").
Oh lordy, don't be embarrassed about that. It's a moment of heightened emotion! My top three LOTR cry moments are probably the bowing, Sam carrying Frodo, and the frigging INTRO SCENE with the wagon and the music when Gandalf and Frodo are riding into Hobbiton. I can't even think about that without tearing up. Stupid Lord of the Rings.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:09 am

All I need is to hear the Shire THEME and I'm a goner. No need to be embarrassed.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:30 am

The Fellowship theme does the same to me...a while back our choir did a 'Lord of the Rings' suite where we sang 'In Dreams' and 'Gollum's Song'...but as well as this the incredible orchestra we sing with played a LOT of the music from the films. When the Fellowship theme strikes up - tears. On stage. In front of 1700 people. Then we had to go back into singing 'When the seas and mountains fall...'. God knows what I sounded like!
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:04 am

Ummm, it's actually not a movie, but for fuck's sake, I actually felt like crying while watching the old Disney cartoon "Little Toot." When he got cast out for screwing up a huge ocean liner, I tried not to bawl and embarrass myself in front of my co-workers. And the autistic kids I work with. Though they probably wouldn't have noticed or cared anyway.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:59 am

The scene in The Queen when the royal family are inspecting tributes to Diana outside the Palace and the Queen asks a little girl in the crowd with a bouquet if she'd like her to place her flowers with the rest. The girl says "No" and the Queen is slightly ruffled. Then the girl tells her "They're for you". The momentary relief from the impact of a week of public criticism and abuse from the press flashes across her face and she turns her head. I think this is Helen Mirren's best moment in the film.

As a film that deals with public versus private expectations of death and propriety, it made me so angry,that even though the Spencers and the Windsors both wanted a private funeral, they were forced to literally parade two children in public for the benefit of the public who used Diana's death (even legitimately, perhaps) as an excuse for emotional cartharsis. I have had four members of my family die in the past 9 months and personally organised one funeral last month. I cannot imagine the depth of my fury and hurt and resentment I would be if my "duty" and "responsibility" was to display my grief according to the whims of politics and public pressure. William and Harry both hate Tony Blair with a passion and I don't blame them in the slightest. Blair may not be solely responsible for the way their mother's death handled, but he certainly and directly capitalised from it and while it is a minor justice than he was not invited to William's wedding, it speaks volumes.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:35 pm

This might not be wholly appropriate because this moment isn't specifically meant to be tearjerking, but the whole musical number "You Can't Stop the Beat" at the end of the Hairspray remake always gets me bawling. I'm a sucker for big redemptive moments like that, where the villain gets his/her comeuppance and the injustice is righted.
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  00redsvt on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:56 am

I feel like I am about to be laughed out of her but, I've cried during all three of the Transformers movies. And we are talking full on ugly cry. All three were shown on tv today, so of course I ha to stop what I was doing and watch them. My husband still makes fun of me because I've seen them all a gazillion times, but I still cry. Im such a loser, lol.

00redsvt

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Were they all moments involving Optimus Prime? Optimus Prime is awesome.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top