Scandal

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scandal

Post  VodouDoll on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:04 am

After this episode I was left thinking that the president is such a limp noodle. He's never had an idea or plan that somebody else didn't give him. He never stands up for himself, or if he does he backs down right away. He really needed Olivia to tell him to spin it like the first lady going off about Sudan was his idea? And Cyrus didn't believe for a second that the president could've come up with that totally obvious plan himself? Burn. Everyone around him treats him like a spineless imbecile and he doesn't really prove them wrong.

I'm really curious how Olivia got Quinn's mistrial. If I were Josh Malina I'd be so mad.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:42 pm

I would have a much easier time feeling bad for Fitz if he hadn't gone ahead and impregnated the First Lady. You're all mooning over Olivia, but you are clearly still sexing up your evil wife, so....
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Seriously, I'm not sure why Olivia didn't run for President, since she seems to run the Oval from two angles--through the Chief of Staff and the President himself. The actors most definitely have chemistry, but the show hasn't made it entirely clear to me what Olivia sees in the President. Olivia's very strong, intelligent, and beautiful. The President seems to be led by his crotchal region.

I don't really get the Jackie O styling on Mrs. President. She seems to come from a different era.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Okay, so Quinn's trial was fixed by a Supreme Court Justice? How is that even possible? If I were a judge and a Justice called me and told me to declare a bogus mistrial I'd be like, "Uh, no." This plot twist is kind of bananas.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:12 pm

After that little conversation I was wondering who Olivia would hire to crisis manage her upcoming criminal trial. They'll have to explain a *lot* more before this plot makes any sense at all.

I'm sure the President has plenty of reach, but I'm trying to imagine the scenario in which he stops an autopsy from happening. That poor DA--he's like Homeland's Carrie with all his walls of crazy.

I'm also trying to figure out how a Supreme Court Justice even begins the conversation that ends in a trial dismissal. "Hello, fellow independent judicial type person. Although this goes against everything we swore to uphold as the impartial cornerstones of the U.S. legal system, I think it's better if you just dismiss that trial. Although I am not your boss, you should just listen to me because of secret stuff. kthxbye."

I'm also a bit unsure of the 12 step program as a method for managing murderous intent, although I did find Huck's list of requirements for body disposal to be hilarious in all the most awesome ways.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:14 pm

The only remotely plausible explanation I can think of is if the Supreme has dirt on the judge in question (or Olivia does, and let the Supreme in on it) so as to force the lower court judge to dump the case. Short of that ... yeah, that's kind of screwy.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Even if you have dirt, I don't see how involving a Supreme helps. Or even understand how the hell you involve a Supreme. Maybe she was one of Olivia's law school professors or something. Otherwise, even counting some of the crazy judicial activism we've had on the bench, they've been pretty incorruptible and sometimes seem to surprise the hell out of the people who appointed them in the first place.

So she presumably calls the Supreme, tells her "we're losing", and the trial poofs. Tell us how, show. Because it seems dumb right now.

I still find this show very entertaining, but I think I will have to accept it as a dystopian fantasy. Much the way I do Gray's Anatomy. :D

I also prefer to believe that Shonda flies in to work on a pegasus, because she lives in a world I've never encountered.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  KaveDweller on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:09 pm

Maybe the original bombing was part of some big national security thing...the Supreme Court judge tells the judge the truth, which makes her want to keep Quinn alive/free. But she can't say why?

I can't figure our what situation that could be, but that's another issue.

KaveDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Ugh, the President sucks SO MUCH. If he were real, I'd have serious reservations about my country being run by an emotional teenager. That whole scene with Olivia in the Rose Garden: "I belong to you!" "No, I belong to YOU!" Come ON. There are actual adults who talk that way? It's not romantic; it's childish and embarrassing.

The doctor said Fitz would wake up within the week, so why did the vice president take the oath of office? Doesn't that mean she's the real president now instead of the acting president that she should be? Does that mean she'll stay president even if Fitz wakes up?

Why am I still watching this show when everyone seems to have the exact same speech patterns (none of the characters except Huck seem to have their own unique voice) and the main romantic relationship is SO immature?

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:54 pm

The VP was making a HUGE power play. If the VP considers the President unable to do his duties,and can convince a majority of the Cabinet to agree, the VP is then sworn in as President. Once the President recovers, he has to submit a letter to Congress stating he can resume his duties (I think), and then, if no one objects, he can be President again. But since he was shot in the head, and the VP hates him, I am pretty sure she will protest.

And Fitz really is the worst boyfriend/husband.
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:24 am

Huck didn't really just attempt to assassinate the president, right? It's got to be some kind of fake-out.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  dday515 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:50 am

I'm just praying for no post-shooting amnesia for Fitz.

dday515

Back to top Go down

Post  SelfAmused on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:02 pm

They certainly know how to keep people talking. I thought it was interesting the way they addressed the Sallie Hemmings/Thomas Jefferson comparisons, but I'm really ready for Fitz/Olivia to be over for good. Yes, there's great sexual chemistry there, but I think it's the least interesting part of the show--probably because it's so repetitive ("We can't" "But I need you/we're so good together" kissing/sex "We can't do this any more", lather rinse repeat).

I agree that the Huck thing is some sort of fake-out. A professional killer who decides to wear eye-catchin bright red when shooting at the President of the United States? Oh yeah. There's more to this story.

SelfAmused

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:10 am

I realized that I enjoyed the episodes where the prez was out of the country more than when he's been around. So I tend to agree that the moon-eyed junior high school romance is eyerolling.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:06 am

I watched this entire show when I was sick for a few days. Silly but entertaining. Though they do play fast and loose with reality.

I was amused that Perd Hapley from Parks & Rec is a legit reporter in this version of DC.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:49 am

I was amused that Perd Hapley from Parks & Rec is a legit reporter in this version of DC.

I couldn't stop giggling at Perd Hapley as a serious DC reporter. This greatly annoyed my sister who doesn't watch Parks and Rec.

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:36 pm

That was hilarious! Why did they cast Perd?

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:04 am

WHY ARE WE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS WEEK'S EPISODE WHY?

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:24 am

I admit, I did not see that coming. Any of it, really. A Supreme tries to off a President who wants to divorce his wife and be with Olivia forever. Then the President offs the Supreme, tells Olivia to fuck off, and joins in solidarity with crazy wife. And Cy! And his husband! Who he almost had MURDERED!

Holy balls. This show is crazy-pants, but it can be rather gripping in a soapy-Revenge-y sort of way.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  SelfAmused on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:31 am

katesti wrote:WHY ARE WE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS WEEK'S EPISODE WHY?

Lol I guess it's because there are only so many ways to say "Sweet Merciful WTF BBQ!"

SelfAmused

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one that revels in the fact that this show is totally on crack.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:19 pm

It really is, and I love it (and Kerry Washington's wardrobe).

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:38 pm

I am so glad they got rid of the flip. Her wigs in every episode but the last one were getting increasingly INSANE.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:54 pm

This show is cracked out beyond crack itself. Borderline alcoholic president indifferently receiving shower blowjobs! Awesome!

I was happy to read this interview with Shonda and get validation that we're not necessarily supposed to be rooting for Olivia and Fitz. Because that whole situation there is messed up.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm five episodes into this season, and it sounds like I am not even at half-capacity of crazy yet! I'm really enjoying it. Is it unpopular to like Mellie?

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top