Scandal

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scandal

Post  bbridges on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:39 am

I love Mellie. Obviously she is kind of a terrible person, but everyone on this show is a terrible person. I mean my other favorite is Cyrus who is actually a murderer.
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm always surprised when I see a new episode advertised because I always assume the last INSANE episode I watched was a season finale.
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 pm

I love Mellie too! I'm not too spoiled on what happens this season but everyone on twitter seems to loathe her, so I wondered if there was some big twist or if I just happen to find her scheming unusually delightful.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:42 am

I was reading Tony Goldwyn's twitter feed and it is hilarious. 90% of it is him responding to and RT black chicks who are obsessed with he and Olivia. It's kind of adorable that he has turned into the Billy Dee Williams of the '10s.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal on Fri May 03, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm pretty sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I really wanted Olivia and Scott Foley to fool around for a while longer. I like Olivia and Fitz but I think she makes it entirely too easy for Fitz to get his way.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya on Mon May 06, 2013 11:14 am

I'm pretty sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I really wanted Olivia and Scott Foley to fool around for a while longer. I like Olivia and Fitz but I think she makes it entirely too easy for Fitz to get his way.

I'm with you, Truecrystal. Plus, she and Scott Foley together are hot, in a way that she and Fitz have never been for me.
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  chick binewski on Sun May 12, 2013 2:47 am

My life is currently a train wreck and there are a hundred things I need to do to get my shit together so of course I found this show and watched seasons 1 & 2 in four days. OMGTHEAWESOME; I am about ten minutes past the
Spoiler:
David/Billy reveal (and fuck was I pissed the Billy reveal came to me by clicking on a link I knew I shouldn't have clicked and fuck if you're a political badass who dodges an assassination and you still call yourself 'Billy')

I think this article states my feelings best. And I also hope that Scott Foley sticks around. Every time he shows up I want to call Jen Garner on the phone and tell her she made the biggest mistake of her life. Huge.
chick binewski

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Fri May 17, 2013 3:33 pm

That was the MEGA SURPRISE? OK, it was a surprise, but was it really a "you better watch this live" surprise?

Poor Scott Foley in the hole.

Do people like Quinn? I'm not really all that into her character or her zomg descent into darkness.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather on Fri May 17, 2013 5:22 pm

I don't like Quinn at all. The descent into darkness has at least been something she's acted REASONABLY better than some of her other scenes, but she's a weak link for me for sure.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie on Sat May 18, 2013 2:59 pm

I like Quinn, but I just don't really buy the character. I wish the things we knew about her past better justified who she is turning into. Maybe we have and I just don't remember? At the very beginning of the of the show, she was the audience stand-in. The new girl learning everything about this secret world of power and being totally unprepared for it. I really didn't like her in the beginning of the series, so I'm glad they are moving on with her character. I just don't quite believe it.
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  chick binewski on Sat May 18, 2013 5:08 pm

This cast clip is so great & more fun than actual ending that aired! (I have no prob with how the season ended, but this version has Jeff Perry. Going bananas in his seat. And even Reston looks a little animated.)

I have so much Jeff Perry love since My So-Called Life.
chick binewski

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:19 pm

I love this crazy, kind of stupid, very twisted show. Joe Morton and Kerry Washington are killing it. I give it two more episodes before we find out that Olivia's mom either pulled an Irina Derevko or is Irina Derevko. I would honestly not put either one past Shonda.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:08 am

This show is made of crack!  Well-written melodrama with interesting faceted characters (well, except Quinn, I still don't like Quinn).   I accidentally got spoiled that Ballard would be getting sprung at some point through the episode but there was still plenty of crack to go around.

I watched that clipshow they ran before the season premiere, I forgot how fantastic the naked fight was between Cyrus and James.  Jeff Perry needs an Emmy too.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:45 am

This show is finally starting to lose me. I'm starting to get that "embarrassed for everyone involved" sensation that I had when brain tumor Izzy was shtupping Ghost Denny.

When the show was pretty much "case of the week" with one or two adultery scenes sandwiched in, I could accept Shonda's fantasy dove Republican with the gay-married Chief of Staff. The election shenanigans I could also swallow, mostly because I know that JFK probably dabbled in such things. At that point, the show still felt vaguely grounded in reality. When the President personally murdered the Supreme Court Justice I started to lose it, but still I hung in there.

This secret agency stuff is just nuts, though. Olivia's father happens to be "The Commander" who will release not one but TWO rogue agents to his daughter's care in exchange for weekly dinners? Just a few weeks after he's screaming at her about opening her legs without getting the First Lady achievement? That such an agency could even exist is hard enough to believe; that it could exist and have so much power with a clearly insane person in charge is beyond the pale.

If Shonda wanted this thing to happen in a clearly alternate universe she shouldn't have been asking the inspiration for Olivia to do promotional press during the first season. I almost feel like there should be aliens or laser guns or something, that's how cray-cray this show is.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:38 pm

I love how over the top it is. The more out there it gets the more I love this show. Next week Olivia might get blown up and Fitz is going to be maaaadd. I can't wait. Even though it is ridiculous.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:33 am

I just marathoned the show recently so this was my first live episode.  That was insane; the main plot was done 3/4 through the episode.  I was like, "What is left?" But Drunk Mellie was great.

I honestly can't decide if I like this show or not. The characters are so often unlikable, the plots are cracked out, and the dialogue is turned up to 11, but I guess if it wasn't that over the top & crazy, it wouldn't be so entertaining. Also I've never heard people say "hi" in plaintive voices so much on a TV show ever!
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:36 am

It really is ridiculous, but I can't help but to love it. Tonight was particularly disconnected from reality, but the bright spot for me was Bellamy Young; Mellie is spectacular. Crazy, but spectacular.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:13 am

jstilwe wrote:It really is ridiculous, but I can't help but to love it. Tonight was particularly disconnected from reality, but the bright spot for me was Bellamy Young; Mellie is spectacular. Crazy, but spectacular.
For me, she is really the best actress on the show, who always sells even the worst writing. And Mellie needs to be drunk every week. The smart thing would be for her to move on from Fitz completely but the mixture of bitterness and love she still feels for him is hardly unrealistic.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:55 pm

I keep waiting for Cyrus to spontaneously combust. It's the only option left at this point.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:42 am

The scene between Olivia and Mellie was a good twist from a dramatic standpoint, but when you have to talk your husband's mistress into coming back, you've bottomed out in dignity. You should leave. It's pretty awful in the grander scheme of things.  That combined with Olivia trash hunting for her phone... A lot of people demeaning themselves for a guy that can't make up his mind.  You need to not think too much, because it's all sorts of yuck.

Fitz's body count seems to be catching up to Huck's!  I'm guessing Papa Pope may have been involved in this plane thing too? I'm not sure which would be worse.  (Although, who knows... I know a lot of people are thinking they'll go the Alias route and make her mom a spy who's still alive somewhere.)

I saw the twist coming with the Lisa Kudrow character, but that was solid.

I must say though, the OPA people are boring me so.  I really don't care about Quinn in particular. "We've been Poped, sir!" was the best thing coming out of all of that.

Also, that dress Olivia was wearing at the Correspondents' Dinner was amazing.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:03 am

Man, dark stuff in this episode.  I can't believe being raped by Fitz's evil dad is on Mellie's list of sacrifices.  

I did not recognize Khandi Alexander as Olivia's mom in the flashback last week.  Woulda made it obvious that she was going to turn up again in the present. 

Also, I still can't stand Quinn and I kind of want B613 to dispose of her.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:13 am

punkysdilemma wrote:Man, dark stuff in this episode.  I can't believe being raped by Fitz's evil dad is on Mellie's list of sacrifices.  

I did not recognize Khandi Alexander as Olivia's mom in the flashback last week.  Woulda made it obvious that she was going to turn up again in the present. 

Also, I still can't stand Quinn and I kind of want B613 to dispose of her.
The rape scene was just so awful.  I just cannot believe they went there, and I don't think it was necessary either.  And now their oldest kid may be Fitz's brother?  As I was saying to one of my friends, this is telenovela territory.

I'm glad that at least, Fitz finally backed her.  He may not be in love with her anymore, but he owes her to be decent and supportive for all she's had to put up with as a political wife.

The fact that Liv didn't come out and say to Fitz that Rowan was her dad is such a TV contrivance, but at least, that piece of the puzzle is finally laid out. I still can't quite believe Fitz would not have tried to find out as much as he could about Rowan, but okay.

I still don't quite care about the Quinn & Huck part of the show.

I had definitely figured out that Liv's mom would be alive, and my spidey sense was also telling me that the Veep's husband might be more into men.  I figured that would be a variation on the horndog theme.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:03 pm

What the fuck did I just watch? I am throwing my hands in the air. It was crazy on steroids with a side of meth.
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:20 am

I'm not thrilled with the whole use of rape as a plot device to be honest. It seems like one of those tropes that writers like to trot out when they don't know what they're doing with a character.

And really, I was a fan of Mellie to begin with -- I got and understood her crazy scheming and impulsiveness. I feel for her in how she's sacrificed everything -- even asking her husband's mistress to return because she makes him happy -- for Fitz.

This was just not needed, but I'm also not surprised it was done, given the crazy train that Scandal likes being at times.

Also, the quickest way to kill my sex drive is to see Charlie and Quinn kissing.
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe on Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:29 am

I can't stand Quinn and will not be sad if she doesn't survive this B613 nonsense.

I love Mellie, too, but I've seen a lot of people talk about how much she's sacrificed for Fitz, and I'm not sure I buy it. Isn't it fairly well established that Fitz is ambivalent about the presidency and that Mellie is the primary reason he ran originally and is running again? He was ready to throw in the towel to be with Olivia, but Olivia and Mellie schemed to push him into running again. She's the mastermind, along with Cyrus, in Fitz's rise to power, and I don't get the impression she's doing it for selfless reasons. She wants to be First Lady and is willing to sacrifice pretty much anything to make that happen; she's not doing it because she wants Fitz to be happy. I don't think Fitz is an innocent flower, and he's enjoying the perks of office, but I don't think he'd be distraught to lose re-election, whereas Mellie would lose her shit.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top