Fifty Shades of Grey

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey

Post  Jude on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:01 pm

I was amazed to find out that Jenny is Jennifer Armintrout, the author of a ton of books! I was always blown away at how prolific she is, writing several different series of novels all at the same time...and then I found out that Jennifer Armintrout is only one of the names she uses. She also writes under J. Lynn and Abigail Barnette. I honestly don't know how she does it. I barely have the energy to play Sims in my spare time.

Back to the subject: I'm with those who hope the movie never gets made. I really don't want to see E.L. James profit any more than she already has from this nonsense.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Time for the Alexander Skarsgard fans to panic.

Skarsgard, Jamie Dornan, Theo James as possible replacements.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:18 pm

OTOH, I can actually see ASkars doing it, almost as performance art camp and it's not like TB was high art so..., OTOH not even those B names seem like they'd want to be associated with this. Do any of these actors/reps know it's Twilight Fanfic? I still feel so bad for Dakota Johnson, maybe she'll wise up and get out too.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Um, what exactly is the budget for this movie because I know he isn't a big name but this article him dropping out due to script issues says he was only going to make $125,000 for the movie.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:38 pm

I think the Jamie Dornan fans are in bigger danger here. Theo James seems nice but I'm not emotionally attached to him. He can have it. Godspeed, pretty man. Take the heat off Dornan.
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:13 pm

AS was asked on the red carpet for one of his films and his reaction was such that I would be super surprised if he did it.

Jamie Dornan is someone I really like and he's great on the Fall so I hope he doesn't do it. Theo James, I am also least attached to, but I hope he doesn't either. I have fond memories of Pamuk.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:31 pm

And I'm tied to Theo James because of Bedlam. I even watched Golden Boy for him. I don't want to have to watch this for him also.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Oh Golden Boy! I liked that show. I don't know why. It wasn't very good.

Lets hope Divergent is good and Ian Somerhalder just gets the part he is so thirsty for. And Dakota Johnson also bails and they give it to Ashley Greene or somebody.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:00 pm

I am also rooting for Theo James because I like the idea that Mr. Pamouk is back from the grave and looking for some sexual revenge.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Jamie Dornan officially playing Christian Grey. Where do we send the condolence cards?
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:45 pm

The only consolation I will get is if he shows his penis. TBH he owes us that much.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Didn't he go out with Keira Knightley at some point? Before Fauxlando Rupert Friend? Anyway, as I was reading that article I did a double take at this part:
His modeling experience may be useful, as the part will require him to act in explicitly sexual scenes.
Okay...

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:00 pm

They dated for a few years when she first got famous yeah. Hes actually very good in the Fall. But I mean I guess what they mean is he doesn't really care about nudity.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:14 pm

The only consolation I will get is if he shows his penis. TBH he owes us that much.
I saw it last night on an ONTD comment regarding the 50 Shades movie. You don't need to inflict the movie on yourself to get a glimpse of his peen, although I have a feeling the filmmakers will go the softcore route and not have any male full frontal nudity anyway.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:26 pm

Well. Good to know.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:03 am

He's a much better choice than Charlie Hunnam. As soon as I saw his name in the mix, I had a feeling he'd get it because he pretty much fits that character to a tee. Hunnam just always felt like an Emmett. Just wrong. Which was one reason I liked his casting, tbh. This movie doesn't deserve actors who fit the roles. Dornan is really hot and can do that intense thing. Worries me that he may make this semi-watchable. I think they made a smart move here. Bummer.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:09 am

Eh. I thought Hunnam was better than this film deserved too, but I think hes a good actor and super attractive as well.

Jamie Dornan is really good in the Fall and I enjoyed him on Once Upon A Time, but that doesn't necessarily mean hes going to elevate what is shit to begin with. It might be servicable, but I don't see it being good. If something is starting at that low of a point its hard to make it amazing. I'd argue that I actually enjoyed Kristen Stewart as an actress in her various films prior to Twilight and thought she was horrid in those and she was a far more seasoned actor then Dornan. Who I really like.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:39 am

I also thought Dornan was a good fit, he's much more the "pretty boy" that Rob/Edward is/was. I think between the director and the casting it should be better than the source material, and I'd find it highly amusing if they pretty much ditch everything but EL's character names/theme. Fanfic the fanfic.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:53 pm

That's my feeling. Hunnam was too good for it in terms of potential/fame-level, but on a strict casting basis, he just didn't fit the role. If all Dornan has to do is look tormented and pretty, he should be fine. While they may not be able to completely gut the book, I do think they'll hack it to pieces and get rid of a great deal of the dialogue. This film is one that can only benefit from as few words as possible.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:55 am

I do agree hes a better fit, but consider how they are rushing this film, I just can't see it turning out well. That being said I do wonder what Sam Taylor-Johnsons is going to do with it. Her work is always interesting to me.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:39 pm

The movie has been pushed back until Valentines Day 2015, will anyone care?
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:00 pm

I care because we're going to hear about every step of this movie every month from now until then. Ugh.

And they're trying to make it sound special and sweet that it's released on Valentine's Day but it's still a February movie release. Not known for the best movies.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:49 pm

The box office receives a nice spike on Valentine's Day regardless of which day of the week it falls on, and "romantic" movies are often released in February (50 First Dates, Hitch, He's Just Not That Into You, Valentine's Day, Just Go With It, The Vow). But this is an interesting case, because you think of FSoG as a property that will predominately play to women, yet Valentine's Day is a huge date night at the movies. Of course, some people are single, but will the "Christian Grey spiced up my love life!" crowd want to see this with a partner on the "most romantic day of the year" or a group of girlfriends? I can see a lot of guys not objecting too strongly about their girlfriend/wife dragging them along to see this actually, in a "it's not really my thing, but it's her turn to pick the movie and there will be nudity and sex scenes, so hey..." kind of deal.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:48 pm

This book is so terrible it has herpes. Yeah, you read that right.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Being a librarian, this is something I worry about occasionally...sometimes books get returned in really gnarly condition and you wonder what the patron must have been doing with them.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top