Fifty Shades of Grey

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey

Post  Arabella on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:09 pm

Movie billboard. In other oh so shocking news, the sex scenes won't be as graphic onscreen.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:05 pm

Dave Barry reads Fifty Shades

So anyway, early in the book Anastasia meets the main male character, Christian Grey. He is average-looking.

Hah! I am of course joking. He is the handsomest man in the history of men. Lest we forget this crucial fact, Anastasia remarks on Christian’s handsomeness at least once every two pages. Her inner goddess repeatedly s—s her tiny imaginary leotard over the hotness of this man.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Jamie Dornan and Jimmy Fallon do 50 Shades of Grey quotes in accents

Only putting this here because I cannot believe these quotes are real...and that anybody actually got through this book if they are. Good lord, I don't think I could even hate read this book if these quotes are indicative of how the rest of the book is. Urg.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Because EL James hadn't copied Stephenie Meyer enough: new version of Fifty Shades of Grey written from Christian's POV being released later this month. Will it follow Midnight Sun in being a more compelling story outside of our insipid heroine's POV?

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:47 am

I thought this tweet was a very apt description of the situation:

@_ArianaRomero wrote:Do you think Stephenie Meyer is ever like "When is she going to cut to the chase and try to wear me like a sweater?"

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Author By Night on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:13 am

QueenSix wrote:I thought this tweet was a very apt description of the situation:

@_ArianaRomero wrote:Do you think Stephenie Meyer is ever like "When is she going to cut to the chase and try to wear me like a sweater?"

LOL. Probably...

I'm actually a little surprised SMeyer hasn't sued, or at least been critical of it. Unless I missed something?

Author By Night

http://author-by-night.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:08 am

I don't think she's said anything, which is vaguely surprising unless she's actually grateful that the things her books were criticised for (terrible writing and a co-dependant heroine) are magnified so hugely in James's books that hers don't look so bad now in comparison.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top