Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Batman Movies

+46
inversed
Jamie
Snarryfan
Red Wolf
Gilly_sirl
Binky
mokey75
whatthedeuce
Grainne Mhaol
bbridges
jstilwe
epudom
MichiSichi
Unlucky Bear
vwlphb
dreago
Kiran
Gillian
GoodbyeWithWords
Instant Monkeys
Bob Genghis Khan
nazlan
Fraoch
The Dude
year of the cat
PrincessCleo
jaraga
Matinee
sen3
Cheetara
sagitare
pizzagirl20
Miss Moneypenny
Skyblade
blixie
RiverThames
QueenSix
Putli Bai
Crowbridge
Eris Rising
easybreezy
Esseilte
gannetguts
swsa
laddical
Wildog27
50 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Batman Movies - Page 2 Empty Re: The Batman Movies

Post  Miss Moneypenny Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:15 pm

It's officially two hours and 45 minutes long. And that's officially too long for me! As an old lady, my body automatically goes into "sleep" mode after two and a half hours.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:45 pm

A fourth trailer! For no reason whatsoever!

And yet, this is the trailer that's gotten me most excited for this movie.

Well, actually, what it's gotten me excited for at the moment is the soundtrack. Which Amazon says isn't coming out until 3 days before the movie. PFEH, I say.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:07 am

laddical wrote:A fourth trailer! For no reason whatsoever!

And yet, this is the trailer that's gotten me most excited for this movie.

Well, actually, what it's gotten me excited for at the moment is the soundtrack. Which Amazon says isn't coming out until 3 days before the movie. PFEH, I say.

This is the trailer that should've been released first. Or at least the one that should've been put in front of The Avengers, in my opinion. It shows what is at stake for this movie, and actually raises my excitement level. I'd been planning on seeing it, but now that I know more about what it coming, it does make me that much more excited.
pizzagirl20
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:15 am

laddical wrote:Well, actually, what it's gotten me excited for at the moment is the soundtrack. Which Amazon says isn't coming out until 3 days before the movie. PFEH, I say.
Agreed. It sounded amazing.

I think they could have chopped off the final 15 seconds or so: the quippy bits about 'his wife' and Michael Caine's 'it takes a bit to get back into the swing of things' don't go with the urgency and tension of the rest of the trailer. And, while I do like Anne Hatheway, I have to say that this trailer makes a pretty good case for not having her character in the movie at all. Even though she was only in the trailer briefly - and never doing anything besides driving something - her clips seemed added on, like LOOK AT ALL THIS COOL STUFF (and oh yes, here's Anne Hatheway).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Next to The Avengers, this was my other big summer movie and I'm thinking it's not going to disappoint.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheetara Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Has anyone seen the MumbleBane twitter account? Someone totally stole the Fug Girls' Karl Lagerfeld bit.

Cheetara

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:41 pm

New soundtrack drops tomorrow! Reviews are popping up online! I'm going to the marathon Thursday night!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Seriously, my excitement level for this movie went THROUGH THE ROOF as soon as I went to see The Amazing Spider-Man. It's like, I held it in check so that I could give The Avengers and Spidey their proper due and as soon as they were out of the way everything's been BATMANBATMANBATMANBATMANBATMANBATMANBATMANBATMANBATMANBATMANBATMANBATMANBATMAN.

Except for today which, if you follow me on Facebook, you'll see has been pretty much all Lord of the Rings because I took the opportunity of having no wife and kids at home for a few days to mainline the extended editions of those movies.

But now those are over and I'm listening to The Dark Knight score again in anticipation of downloading the new one tomorrow. And I realized today that Hans Zimmer is getting solo credit for The Dark Knight Rises. Which I think is going to be really interesting to see how that plays out because as good as the music is for The Dark Knight, you can still totally tell what parts are Zimmer and what parts are James Newton Howard (ie, "Harvey Two-Face" with its bittersweet melody is totally Howard, "Why So Serious?" and its big booming THUMPS and sustained discordant note are totally Zimmer).

And I've lost track of how often I've watched that Nokia trailer I linked above just to listen to the snippet of the new score.

Drew McWeeney, whom I respect a great deal, has commented frequently on the lack of a recognizable "theme" in recent comic book movies. And he has a point - there's nothing in this summer's crop of comic movies to compete with Williams' "Superman" or Elfman's "Batman". But that's not automatically a bad thing. Zimmer and Newton may not have structured a marching theme for Nolan's Batman but the music they did write certainly *sounds* like Batman music.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:01 am

**the below is not based on spoilers or speculation - just what I've seen in the previews. I am not spoiled at all for this movie**

I've been trying to figure out why I'm not excited about TDKR, and I think I finally have it. This movie does not look like fun - it looks like two hours of watching a beloved fictional character get the snot kicked out of him. I liked Batman Begins. The Dark Knight was one of those movies I enjoyed while I was watching it, but the more I thought about it, the more it fell apart, and I have no urge to watch it again.

I don't know. I want to be excited about this, and I feel I'm losing a lot of geek cred here, but I just really don't want to see Batman get beat.

Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 am

I was getting all excited this week and then heard it was 2 hours and 45 minutes. geeze, I think we'll leave work early and go on Friday.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:40 am

Putli Bai wrote:**the below is not based on spoilers or speculation - just what I've seen in the previews. I am not spoiled at all for this movie**

I've been trying to figure out why I'm not excited about TDKR, and I think I finally have it. This movie does not look like fun - it looks like two hours of watching a beloved fictional character get the snot kicked out of him. I liked Batman Begins. The Dark Knight was one of those movies I enjoyed while I was watching it, but the more I thought about it, the more it fell apart, and I have no urge to watch it again.

I don't know. I want to be excited about this, and I feel I'm losing a lot of geek cred here, but I just really don't want to see Batman get beat.

I agree - this is my issue with the movies generally. I get why they have the gritty realism and why others like them for that but in the end, I prefer my comic movies more fantastical. I can read the news for psychopaths terrorizing people.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:03 am

That's usually my issue as well and it's why there are quite a few films that I will probably never watch. But it's much the same as I feel about soap operas: I don't like them. But set them in period costumes and I'm all over it, e.g. Bleak House, Downton Abbey. So while I usually hate these kinds of gritty films where the hero is set up on constantly, if it's from the comic book universe and they're superheroes and have gadgets and what not, I'm so there.

There are no midnight screenings allowed in Ireland (or elsewhere I suppose, though I haven't heard) because Warners have decreed that the first shows must be in America. But I have my tickets for the 10am showing on Friday morning. I'm meeting a friend, we're going out for breakfast and then heading to the flicks. Plus, there's a Man of Steel trailer showing before it. I am almost dead from excitement at this point.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  jaraga Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:29 pm

I wanted to love this movie like I did TDK but didn't happen. I don't know what was missing.

Anyway, if you've missed seeing Matthew Modine on screen then you'll enjoy this.

All the performances were good but nobody was great.

If you hated Bale's batman voice you are probably going to hate Bane's. I know there were issues with his voice and it sounds like they dubbed in all his dialogue. Bane also sounds like Sean Connery to me.

Spoiler:

Audience was really rapt which was a nice change from normal. I'm hoping that ONTD comes up with awesome gifs.

jaraga

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:32 am

Holy fuck, ten people were killed at a movie theater in Colorado. They said 20 injured at first, when I first walked out of the theater here and checked my phone--I have no idea what or who or why, except that it was apparently at a midnight Dark Knight showing (according to other sources).

Christopher Nolan openly (so not a spoiler) said he wasn't going to have any mention of the Joker in the movie out of respect for Heath Ledger. So that's why that's not in there.

I'm still not entirely sure what I think about the movie, except that I loved the ending, and that was before I checked the news.

WHAT IN THE HELL YOU GUYS

A masked gunman shot dead 10 people and wounded 30 to 40 others at a premiere showing of the new Batman movie in Denver.

Local radio reported people running screaming from the Century Aurora 16 Movie Theater in a mall in the suburb of Aurora.
The gun man reportedly opened fire after 30 minutes of the showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" and also set off a smoke or tear gas bomb.

Brenda Stuart, from 850 KOA Radio, told Sky News: "This started with a midnight showing of the new Dark Knight movie and the theatres were packed that were showing this movie.

"People inside tell us they thought it was part of the movie. They heard what they thought were firecrackers, loud bangs and all of a sudden they saw the bullets flying.

"Police officers are carting the injured to the hospital in their own cars, not waiting for the ambulances."

Police closed off surrounding parking lots as sniffer dogs were brought in to search for a suspected explosive device.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:01 am

I was afraid of this the last time they used Bane. Some people...aren't people, you know?
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:17 am

The actual details are really freaking me out, because--it's so Bane. Like, two guys who were already horrible and/or crazy, but tailored their plan to the premise of the movie.

I'm watching Fox News (because CNN is dicking around with Dr. Drew. REALLY?) and it's just awful. Children. It's horrible.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:41 am

Sick is the only way to put it. Gas some people, shoot them, then go chill in your car afterwards till the cops show. There is not enough WTF in the world for that.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:45 am

Apparently now it's just one guy in his twenties with a rifle, a handgun, possibly a third gun hidden in the theater, explosives in his car and apparently more at his apartment, and they've evacuated the block where he lives. Fifty people wounded, 14 dead, many of them children. I can't even.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:19 am

Guns in a Batman theater. Guns, the one hero whose entire mythology is a child victimized by one gunman. Rage.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:12 am

Anyone that psychotic would have found another piece of media to latch onto. I know a couple people that were going tonight, but I really doubt they were headed to Aurora. I've been to that theatre.

Columbine will always stick with this community, so this spree will get attached to that issue.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:36 am

I keep telling myself that he could have tailored the whole thing to anything he had wanted, any event with a big crowd, and that the specific movie doesn't matter. And yet I hate that he picked something so weirdly resonant that he'll always be a part of the story of this movie. Like, the self-aggrandizement of it. Which is what drives a lot of mass murderers anyway.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:55 am

Way down on the list of this shithead's crime is that he corrupted the movie. There will always be this pall hanging over DKR now.

I'm sure the Tate family doesn't much care for the White Album.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:29 am

I went to a 10am showing this morning, all excited to see the film as was everyone else who was there, and no doubt all the people who went to the midnight screening in Aurora. To think of one person deciding to rampage and turn all that excitement and expectation into chaos and tragedy; it sickens and angers me. This was supposed to be a good thing. This was supposed to be a night out for people. You don't get to decide to ruin it for everyone else. You just don't. Or you shouldn't.
That's a very simplistic way of expressing it but you know what I mean.

Damn. And to think I was a bit annoyed this morning when they didn't run trailers before the film so I never got to see the trailer for the Man of Steel. That's all so insignificant now.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:05 am

A co-worker is getting all pearl-clutching on FB about the poor parenting skills on display because of the kids at the midnight showing. I'm not saying I would have taken a 6-year-old to see the movie at all, midnight or not, but really, on the list of people at fault here, the parents are waaaaaaay down at the bottom, and they're going to have a lifetime to regret the choices they made, so shut it.

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  nazlan Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:09 am

Fraoch wrote:A co-worker is getting all pearl-clutching on FB about the poor parenting skills on display because of the kids at the midnight showing. I'm not saying I would have taken a 6-year-old to see the movie at all, midnight or not, but really, on the list of people at fault here, the parents are waaaaaaay down at the bottom, and they're going to have a lifetime to regret the choices they made, so shut it.

I'll admit, one of my first reactions was 'was were children doing at that movie anyway', but...yeah. That doesn't mean their parents deserved it.

This is just all kinds of fucked up. I'm getting flashbacks to that guy in Norway.
nazlan
nazlan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:16 am

It's weird here, it seems like everyone is just waking up to the news right now. Everyone is checking on people they know in the area that might have been there.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:22 pm

I quite literally woke up to it this morning when Morning Edition came on my clock radio. How horrible. I can just think of everyone all excited to watch a movie and than... that. Disgusting. So upsetting.

I was surprised about the kids thing but for THAT to be what people focus on over the event itself? Forest for the trees, people.

I have to say, it has diminished my desire to see it further (see my earlier comment in this thread: "I get why they have the gritty realism and why others like them for that but in the end, I prefer my comic movies more fantastical. I can read the news for psychopaths terrorizing people."). So, yeah. I just find that personally more and more, I can only handle dark themes when they are in a world more unlike the one I actually live in. And here's another example that people are fucking crazy and cruel and of how the world can be just awful.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next