Game of Thrones

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game of Thrones

Post  sagitare on Mon May 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Corvus wrote:
I really hope Tyrion gets his due from the other soldiers and especially his father
What odds are you giving, Sag? I want a gif thingy with Dinklage saying 'Fuck. Me.'
Well, I think odds are relatively good, given Tywin's appointment of Tyrion as Hand. In that scene there seemed to be an acknowledgment and some grudging respect from Tyrion about Tyrion's abilities. At the very least, Tyrion should have the soldiers on his side and that'll go over with Tyrion.

(Also also: LOVED Sansa's earlier exchange with Joffrey where she basically called him a pussy, LOL.)
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Tue May 29, 2012 12:54 am

Corvus wrote:
I've also noticed Dany, Shae, Cersie and Ros haven't been naked in this season, so maybe it's just for the rookies.
It's budgetary. (You pay for every boob, by the minute/second, side versus front, one at a time or both together, it's all in the contract. It's not like Lena Hedley would refuse, but that her agent presented a price with two commas in it.)

I've never seen Kim Catrall as so altruistic before.

Dammit the Lannisters are winning. Fuck the Blonde Man!

Did pretty well with the battle. Strange change of pace having an episode deal with only one plot line.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Tue May 29, 2012 1:18 am

Yeah, I think the focus really helped here. The other episodes can be a little jarring, the way they bounce around all over the place.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue May 29, 2012 2:17 am

Cersei reaching for the wine glass reminded me of Thor reaching for his hammer, heh.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Tue May 29, 2012 2:28 am

When Tywin strolled in at the end (and the main musical theme swelled up) I was all, "HELL YEAH!" (I may have rewatched that bit a few times. Just sayin'.)

I may have also said that about Loras too. Damn, "just back from delivering sweet revenge" Loras is kinda hot.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Tue May 29, 2012 10:48 am

I loved that Cersei was rocking a metal breastplate on her dress like she was going to war herself. I was saddened by the idea that she was going to have Ser Illwyn kill all the noble ladies and kill herself and her son to keep Stannis from doing it himself. Now aren't you glad Tyrion sent your daughter away, huh?

Shae is so sure she can protect herself with that little knife but I wonder what's going to happen on the day she has to actually back up her words with actions.

Sansa continues to rule hardcore down in Lannister City. She has grown so much since the first season.

I was happy to see Tywin come striding in even though that means all the glory is his and everyone will forget Tyrion's actions but damn if I didn't want Joffery hurt first.

I was having LOTR Battle of Helm's Deep deja vu all over the place with this episode.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Tue May 29, 2012 7:18 pm

ulkis wrote:
When Tywin strolled in at the end (and the main musical theme swelled up) I was all, "HELL YEAH!" (I may have rewatched that bit a few times. Just sayin'.)

I may have also said that about Loras too. Damn, "just back from delivering sweet revenge" Loras is kinda hot.
Wrong tree Ulkis.

Loved the little look the alchemist gave after the explosion.

Every episode needs a Imp/Bron buddy cop scene. Don't take that away from me GRRM!

Tywin/Arya rightfully got love, but Osha/Bran is also great. I choose to believe the only reason she turned on Theon was because she loves Bran. However, given GRRM's propensity for uncomfortable pairings I hope she stays his big sister.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Wed May 30, 2012 12:54 am

Every episode needs a Imp/Bron buddy cop scene.

Ha, I know right? I loved the little disagreement they had last week about how to pronounce an author's name.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Wed May 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed on Thu May 31, 2012 1:22 pm

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Thu May 31, 2012 2:34 pm

That's hilarious.

Wrong tree Ulkis.

I'm just admiring the tree. :)

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior on Thu May 31, 2012 3:44 pm

I just posted it to my facebook page because it is so awesome.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Thu May 31, 2012 4:56 pm

That is off the charts brilliant!
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:39 am

Ahh, zombie horse!

For bookfolk - does the end of this season basically correspond to the end of book 2?
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:07 am

Not really. House of the Undying is earlier, IIRC. Robb's wedding only happens in book 3, and he doesn't talk to Cat beforehand. Same as Jaime & Brienne. We spend longer with each character before leaving them, and several others are introduced. And the while the Walkers attack, we see them even less, and from a different POV.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:30 am

Yeah, Robb-Catelyn and Jaime-Brienne and Sam are a little ways into book 3, but Dany's story actually ended a little earlier. Tyrion, Arya, Jon, Sansa, and Bran's stories ended at roughly the same place as they did in the book.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks, I was interested because it seemed like some stuff kind of stopped midstream. Watching unspoiled is kinda fun, so I've been going with only read the corresponding book after the season's over.

When he was telling Sansa how much she reminded him of her mother, I was dead sure Littlefinger was going to propose marriage to Sansa. Which I suppose he might still do.

Not having read the books, though, it was unclear to me what happened with Theon and Winterfell -- did the Iron Islanders knock him out and then burn Winterfell in a battle with the North folks? It almost made it seem like the North men had come in and torched the place, which doesn't make sense.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Not really. House of the Undying is earlier, IIRC. Robb's wedding only happens in book 3

yeah, but it basically happens right at the beginning, in fact when we see Robb/Catelyn again in book 3 it's already taken place (off-screen, so to speak). So show/book pretty much corresponds there.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:10 pm

punkysdilemma wrote:Not having read the books, though, it was unclear to me what happened with Theon and Winterfell -- did the Iron Islanders knock him out and then burn Winterfell in a battle with the North folks? It almost made it seem like the North men had come in and torched the place, which doesn't make sense.
Yes, I was unclear about who had torched Winterfell as well. The Islanders didn't seem too concerned about having to slip through North lines when they hauled Theon away either, so was there some sort of agreement in place between them? I didn't think the Islanders knew about the tunnels. (ETA: Thanks, Shadowlass, I had forgotten about that bit!)

Other than that, I thought there were a lot of great moments in this episode, the highlight being Tywin's horse taking a dump before entering the throne room. I mean, the very idea that Tywin goes in on his horse was awesome (I think I really love that BAMF, y'all). His reaction to being named Hand was hilarious: he looked at the pin all, "Pffft, whatev."

It's kind of adorable that Joff thinks he's still in charge at King's Landing, heh.

I guess the show didn't spend all it's FX budget on the Blackwater Bay battle because I really liked the White Walkers scene, especially that one who looked at poor Sam. Also, Daenerys finally gets back to being a baddass. I laughed when that one chained dragon kind of looked up at her all, "Chill, I got this." before letting loose on Pree. It looked like the dragon flames were going right through her, too.

Poor Tyrion. I mean, I wasn't expecting they'd give him a parade but *damn*, that's cold. Dinklage was superb, as always, especially when Shae said she'd stay with him. This isn't going to end well for her, of course.

When he was telling Sansa how much she reminded him of her mother, I was dead sure Littlefinger was going to propose marriage to Sansa. Which I suppose he might still do.
Definitely a plan he's got up his sleeve, I'd say. Shame he didn't let Sansa have five minutes of thinking she was free of Joffrey, though. She was barely stopping herself from dancing a jig, I think! And Margaery...to borrow a line from Tom and Lorenzo - girl, that is not your husband. Hopefully Joff will die before she finds out what a psycho he is.

Last edited by sagitare on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:11 pm

sagitare wrote:The Islanders didn't seem too concerned about having to slip through North lines when they hauled Theon away either, so was there some sort of agreement in place between them? I didn't think the Islanders knew about the tunnels.

Robb authorized his men to offer the Iron Islanders a safe getaway--except for Theon. Which is why they were packaging him like a turkey.

punkysdilemma wrote:it was unclear to me what happened with Theon and Winterfell -- did the Iron Islanders knock him out and then burn Winterfell in a battle with the North folks? It almost made it seem like the North men had come in and torched the place, which doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I found that odd. I can't imagine Robb's allies burning Winterfell if the Iron Islanders were leaving without a fight, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me that the Iron Islanders would decide to burn the place. I mean, if the place was obviously on fire/had already been burned when they were leaving, I think it would have been entirely reasonable for Robb's allies to make an executive decision to change the terms of the surrender from "everyone but Theon gets away clean" to "everyone dies real hard," since they just burned the King of the North's home.

The only thing I was able to come up with is that the Iron Islander did it less for spite (although they seem pretty spiteful, yes?) than as plausible denial. Balon might be like, "You gave up my lousy son without a fight?" and they could say, "They overran us! They burned us out and grabbed him as we were fleeing!" When in reality they started a slow-building fire, handed Theon right over, then got the hell out of Dodge.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Also, Daenerys finally gets back to being a baddass.
Her locking up WhatsHisName and WhatsherButt in the empty safe was COLD, y'all. That was fun. Although the entire time she was wandering around the Tower of Weird Warlocks or whatever it was called, I couldn't help thinking that, you know, if you're so attached to your freaking dragons, maybe you should have kept a closer eye on them, and you wouldn't BE in this mess. I love Daenerys but she was kind of dumb on occasion this season.

And Margaery...to borrow a line from Tom and Lorenzo - girl, that is not your husband. Hopefully Joff will die before she finds out what a psycho he is.

I can not divorce that actress from the time she played Anne Boelyn on The Tudors, so every time she smiles at Joffery, I sort of feel like he's going to get more than he bargained for (I say this as someone who never read the books, is unspoiled, and is probably totally wrong about this). She just has a sort of manipulative/smart/crafty vibe to me.
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Jessica wrote:I can not divorce that actress from the time she played Anne Boelyn on The Tudors, so every time she smiles at Joffery, I sort of feel like he's going to get more than he bargained for (I say this as someone who never read the books, is unspoiled, and is probably totally wrong about this). She just has a sort of manipulative/smart/crafty vibe to me.
Yes, she's definitely much more experienced and wise in how the game is played than Sansa was/is, so just that alone puts her on a better footing. Plus her brother is around and he's in a taking names/shit-kicking mood, even if the King is her husband. I think his presence alone might - *might* - make Joff stop and think before messing with Margaery. Sansa doesn't have anyone openly on her side in King's Landing, I don't think.

Oh, another great bit: the Brienne and Jaime Travelling Roadshow! His expression when she dispatched those three soldiers was *priceless*.

Her locking up WhatsHisName and WhatsherButt in the empty safe was COLD, y'all. That was fun.
Hee! I know. Although it was Xaro's own stupid fault for having a vault without a secret escape hatch (as Vetinari would say, never build a cell that you wouldn't be comfortable being locked up in.)
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:50 pm

That's it. I can't wait for ten months or whatever it will be. Getting the books as soon as they're in my budget.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Yay! Another one over the Wall!

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Also, I'm loving this Jaimie/Brienne frenemy thing happening now.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top