Game of Thrones

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game of Thrones

Post  punkysdilemma on Mon May 18, 2015 4:11 am

Thanks for the rape scene before bed, show. That was very wonderful of you.

I'm already seeing people on the Internet telling other people to get over it because it's just a TV show and Ramsay is a bad guy. Fantastic.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kookla on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:25 pm

I am very sad and lonely in this thread as a non-book reader, but I just wanted to say: Dany and Tyrion might be my new favourite thing ever.

Kookla

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:31 am

I don't think it is too book spoiler-y to say that this season has been pretty revelatory for book readers. It is a lot different than the books; a lot more so than I was expecting. In my opinion, almost all the changes are smart ones...Martin only WISHES he could have plotted as effectively as the show runners have over the past two seasons. I think the main reason that what little discussion is happening is taking place in the other thread is we all keep pointing out and discussing how different it is.

The last episode was pretty damn great!

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:06 pm

I do think you make a good point about the show being plotted better than the books, but I also think the show had an immense advantage in that it could take the events of two books and basically present the story chronologically and cut out some of the more extraneous stuff. I agree Martin has gone astray, but not so much story-wise. His problem is that he's been filling up pages with stuff that should have gotten edited out, and so the plot is moving a lot slower than people would like it to. Personally, I'm not liking some of the more significant changes from the books this year. But I am interested to see how the show's story is going to play out.

GRRM will buy himself back a lot of goodwill if Winds of Winter comes out next year (hopefully before the next season) and the plot really gets moving again. But if it takes him another 2 or 3 years, it's going to be hard to convince people that the long waits between books were worth it.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:11 am

since we are now way past where I read in the books, I'm going to have to hide down here in this thread.

HOLY SHIT DROGON!!!!! MOTHER OF MOTHER FUCKING DRAGONS INDEED!

And Jorah, oh man. That whole final sequence was so awesome that I am going to pretend that no one got burned at the stake.
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:01 am

At this point, the show has me so jacked up and overwrought that I can't figure out who I want to see killed first, and I'm out of inventive ways to see them die.

Maybe the Boltens can be unleashed on Stannis and Co. Then the Freys can show up and double-cross the Boltons. Then the Stark girls can kill the Freys and any other remaining assholes (like Trent). Then the Lannisters can join forces with Jon and Dany, and the dragons can just fry the white walkers.

Gah, so many people need to die!

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:18 pm

Gah, so many people need to die!

Not a spoiler: wish granted.
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:27 pm

Brienne is around and nursing a grudge towards Stannis.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:45 pm

I won't mind if Brienne gives Ramsay a good murdering, but I really want Davos to be the one to kill Stannis. After all of Stannis's bullshit he's put up with, I really, really want him to murder him good.

Of course, I'd also like Sansa to kill Ramsay. Maybe Brienne can kill Roose, Sansa can kill Ramsay, and Davos can kill Stannis. That is how I'd like the final episode to go.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:49 pm

I NEVER LIKED YOU STANNIS. Davos should cut him.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kookla on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:32 pm

I am a terrible human being. Because as fucking awful as Shireen being burned alive was, it didn't stop me from chanting like a goddamned maniac at the end, right as Daenerys and Missandai looked at each other like they were goners: "DRAGONS! DRAGONS! DRAGONS! DRAGONSDRAGONSDRAGONSDRAGONSYAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!" as I slammed my first down repeatedly on the arm of my couch. Jesus Christ, this show.

Glad to have confirmation for the second week that I flove Tyrion and Daenerys together.

Kookla

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:55 pm

For people who *have* read the books: Is it now safe to go tooling around through any ASOIAF sites on the interwebs, or is there still Really Big Stuff in the books that hasn't happened yet on the show?

The Who actually died? slideshow is interesting. I'm going with Stannis potentially not being dead, that Brienne needs him for something (maybe if she throws in with him somehow against the Boltons), and Jon Snow definitely not gone for good.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:03 pm

As far as I can remember, you're safe. There may be some some minor events the show hasn't covered yet, but nothing major.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Is it wrong that I was more upset over Jaqen H'ghar being dead (for like a second) than I was when Jon Snow bleeding all over?
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:46 pm

jstilwe wrote:As far as I can remember,  you're safe. There may be some some minor events the show hasn't covered yet, but nothing major.

Yes, there's definitely a few cliffhangers and implied things that happen to characters in the books that are either being cut completely, or coming later in the show. Most are involving supporting characters, though. In some ways, though, the show seems to be ahead of the books.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Depending on how you feel about the Greyjoys and Bran, you may want to be careful about the stuff you look at. While Bran was sidelined this season, there's quite a bit of his story that wasn't touched, and I'm assuming we're going to be getting some of that next season. But aside from Bran, most of the stuff the show has skipped I'm not expecting will end up in the show. They've either cut it for time or the show is following a different path than the books.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:59 pm

Sounds good.  I heard about
Spoiler:
Lady Stoneheart
from when people were talking about it last year, though it sounds like they're not going there at all.  I'm OK being spoiled to some extent other than Major! Shit! Going! Down!  But I'm enjoying being able to use the ASOIAF wiki to see what "really" happens to some folks.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Until the finale I was very much anti-spoilers, I wouldn't even discuss the show with book reader friends because they always tried to spoil me. Now I don't care, give me all the spoilers and all the theories. I need a reason to come back next season.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Jon is
Spoiler:
99% going to be resurrected. In the book, there is a whole prologue about some guy puts his consciousness into an animal when he gets killed and during this whole monologue the guy has a brief aside that Jon is a powerful warg as well (aka person who can put himself into animals) if only he'd open himself up to that power. So yeah pretty big hint that he will probably put himself inside his wolf.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Mon May 02, 2016 1:11 pm

Shocking development!

/not really

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Mon May 02, 2016 1:40 pm

I had two thoughts: 1) get on with it. 2) Go ahead, Red, collect some hair from under those coy little boxers.
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiammetta on Mon May 02, 2016 3:52 pm

I really liked Tyrion's laughing/crying "Please don't eat the help!" And Brienne hesitating over describing what exactly happened with Arya.

Tower of Joy next week?! GET HYPE.

Fiammetta

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Tue May 03, 2016 9:23 am

When did Roose Bolton become so stupid?
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  PirateCatarina on Tue May 03, 2016 12:32 pm

I'm not sure exactly how brutal of a death for Ramsay would feel satisfactory.

PirateCatarina

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Tue May 03, 2016 2:56 pm

I saw an article about the scene with his step-mom and baby which pretty much nailed my feelings on it. Killing an infant was really unnecessary as a plot device. We already know he's horrific and has no human decency. Feeding his baby brother to the dogs was way OTT, even for George R.R. Martin.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top