Once Upon a Time

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Once Upon a Time

Post  Unlucky Bear on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Prince Charming is super fine. And I did not properly recognize the Sheriff's hotness until this episode. That's when I knew he was a goner.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Yup. He even cried sexy. I read the interview and was all like, seriously? You think u look like a woman in drag? That you can't hold your own against Chris Helmsworth? I couldn't tell if he was sincere or just humble-bragging.

Also, I wonder if he really was supposed to be Robin Hood. Which makes no sense because in what world would Disney/ABC not have the money, the rights or the lawyers to forcibly take the rights to that character. I still think he was originally meant to be the Big Bad Wolf because as the creator of Fables said in his interview, having the Sheriff be the BBW would have been too close to what he had written.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:45 pm

You don't even need money to take the rights to Robin Hood. The characters and situations of that cycle are public domain.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Prince Charming is pretty fine too though..

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. Maybe I have to see him in action.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  alexdegenhardt on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:11 am

Kiran wrote:Prince Charming is pretty fine too though.

Very true. And let's not forget Dr. Whale (Sark/Uncle John). But yeah, that's one third of the male eyecandy gone. And it sucks that they killed him off after showing his backstory and developing his character for the first time.

The costumes of Regina/Evil Queen are pretty awesome. And how does one start to be a literal collector of hearts? I mean, the episode showed that she's a cold hearted murderer and rapist, but really what use were the hearts to her in Fairytaleland?
alexdegenhardt

http://alexdegenhardt.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:56 am

Everyone needs a hobby? Possible options: there is the control she gets when she takes a heart, hearts are involved in some spells, possibly a magical power source, or holiday decorating.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:16 am

ulkis wrote:
Prince Charming is pretty fine too though..

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. Maybe I have to see him in action.
Yeah, he does nothing for me. And neither does the doctor. Oh well.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:24 pm

This show totally has me. What secret did the Queen tell Snow White? How did betraying a secret ruin the Queen's life? Also: Queen did a fantastic job of seeming sad about her husband and sympathetic to Snow. She totally had me fooled.

I am sad about the Sheriff as well and agree that it was cruel to give him this whole compelling backstory just before killing him off. Isn't that always the way though? Also, I think it functioned as a way to show that the Mayor is just as serious and evil of a threat in Storybrooke as in the fairy tales. Up until now, in the "real world" she has just been menacing, warned people angrily, and glared a lot. But moving aside a coffin to a secret lair where she keeps beating hearts and squeezing one to dust knowing full well it's going to really and truly kill that person? Now I see, even more, why the curse needs to be broken!

I did think Emma's feelings for the sheriff came a little too quickly, but he's so hot, I can't blame her.

I also never thought he was supposed to be the Big Bad Wolf. Fairytale characters whose stories were related seemed to also be friends with/connected to the real life person in Storybrooke. The sheriff didn't seem to be especially connected to Red Riding Hood the way he was with the mayor and even Mary Margaret.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:35 pm

Sheli wrote:Also: Queen did a fantastic job of seeming sad about her husband and sympathetic to Snow. She totally had me fooled. [...] Also, I think it functioned as a way to show that the Mayor is just as serious and evil of a threat in Storybrooke as in the fairy tales. Up until now, in the "real world" she has just been menacing, warned people angrily, and glared a lot. But moving aside a coffin to a secret lair where she keeps beating hearts and squeezing one to dust knowing full well it's going to really and truly kill that person? Now I see, even more, why the curse needs to be broken!
SERIOUSLY. I was starting to sympathize with her, and feel like she was reformed or something. Guess not. She fooled me too when she was sympathizing over Snow's dad.

Yeah, he does nothing for me. And neither does the doctor. Oh well.
I think the prince is TOTALLY hot, but the doctor? Is he SUPPOSED to be hot? Because...he isn't. I did think he was kinda handsome on Heroes (I know he's from Alias but I never watched that), but here? He has a bowl cut! No.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:12 am

I don't find Dr. Whale attractive here either, although I liked him on Alias. I think it's just his bad hair. I'm in the 'Prince Charming is hot' camp though.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:07 am

Ladies and gentlemen, Brad Mothafuckin Dourif.

I missed this show! I thought the sheriff plot was a little rushed, but the Rumplestiltskin one was chilling.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:20 pm

I seriously can't decide if I like this show or not. I find it most interesting when it sticks to the core characters: Emma, Henry, Snow/Mary Margaret, and Regina. But I really didn't care for the Cinderella or Jiminy Cricket episodes, and I was only kind of interested in Rumpelstiltskin. I find it watchable, but I can't say I actually like it. It's weird.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Same here, Mokey. I kinda think the show's conceit is proving more difficult to manage than anticipated. The more they realize (in the sense of 'making real') the fairy tale um reality, the less need there is for the prosaic one. The Rumplestiltskin backstory was nice enough, but another show. Want the fruity, manic, no-explanation-required-thanks Carlyle back, please.

Not feeling a lot of tension - it's not like the town disappears or they all turn into little toy figures if they don't figure out how to break the spell by the finale or something. The Mayor is A Mean Bitch isn't enough to tune in for; just punch her in the face again, Jennifer Morrison.

Revealing who is who from the fairy tales might have been fun, but, the original identity doesn't appear to really invest the characters with anything other than some clever hallmarks. Everyone is relatively nice, except the mirror who is a mirror, and I can't really think of anyone else that matters. Red Riding Hood wears red. And they call her Red. It ends up making me feel the characters are all quite superficial in both incarnations. Still watching it, but it's not engaging the way one would hope.
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:15 am

I really enjoyed the Rumplestiltskin backstory, since it gave him a chance for some serious acting. The modern election plot didn't work as well for me. Mostly, I think, because I didn't get a sense of them playing for especially high stakes. She wants to be sheriff so that her kids know that the good guys win? That's...nice?
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:34 am

This leads me to ask, did the magical dagger with his name on it make it to the "real" world? And if someone found it like Emma or, heaven forbid, the Mayor, how would that work? Would they be able to control him sort of or would Regina be the only one able to access the magic?
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:20 pm

maxell131313 wrote:This leads me to ask, did the magical dagger with his name on it make it to the "real" world? And if someone found it like Emma or, heaven forbid, the Mayor, how would that work? Would they be able to control him sort of or would Regina be the only one able to access the magic?

I'd bet that it made it to the "real" world. Chekov's gun.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 pm

One hopes Mr Gold, at least, has more sense (and sense of self-preservation) than his former lord and will put it somewhere quite safe. As opposed to parking it on the wall like a souvenir from your last vacation. If he doesn't keep it on his person.

It's his cane, isn't it?

Shouldn't his name be a secret?

Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Is he called Rumplestiltskin in the Storybrooke reality, or just Gold? Maybe his name is secret there, and will be his downfall.

I love the idea of the show a lot more than the show itself. The show just needs to be smarter; it always seems to choose the dumbest way to do things.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:57 am

I'm actually surprised how everyone seems to know his name in the fairy-tale-land, seeing as the plot of the original Rumpelstiltskin story rested on figuring out what his real name was in time. (Maybe that's how he wound up in prison there?) I also, ITA that it's his cane.

I agree that the real world plots are often just much more boring than the fairy ones. I kind of wish they'd drop the real world, if they're not going to do it better, and I could just have a Dark Backstory To Your Favorite Fairy Tales show, because that would be fun and awesome (especially since Disney won't be suing themselves!). Besides Dead Sherriff (whose story worked so well in part because it was so tied to his fairy-world self, also way to end that too quickly, show), the only real world plotline that's been remotely interesting is the squandered love between Snow and her lost prince. And that's more in a soapy way than anything.

What would really help the real world bits would be if they got the former Bobby Draper to enunciate already. (They've clearly got a sizable budget, maybe they could hire him a vocal coach?)
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:00 am

He ended up in prison because of Cinderella. The true names have power is a fairly standard trope, so you think they would have handled it better. Maybe he managed to hide the dagger really well (i.e., not on the wall of his house) so isn't worried about it. Or perhaps the miller's daughter guessing his name was all a set up. That could be something interesting to explore.

I am enjoying the show a lot, but still failing to see how it can be sustainable for more than a year. Unless they drag the evil queen plot out forever, which would make me sad.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Except if it is his cane, his cane should have 'Rumplestiltskin' carved on it because otherwise that would be cheating. Hiding the object is okay, but it and the name must to be discoverable. Because that's how it works. Or something. Only highlights how cumbersome the show's set-up really turned out to be, I think.

One wonders why he remembers his fairy tale past when no one else does.

Did we learn where the annoying former Bobby Draper got the book in the first place? Library book? Gift from Mr Gold? If it was laying around the house, it makes the Queen appear careless.
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Mary Margaret gave it to him.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Aha. Interesting, I suppose. At least it could be. Thanks!
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:44 pm

I imagine Mr Gold's cane is a swordstick, thus the name would be concealed on the sword-y part.
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:04 am

Maybe that's what he was burying in the woods when the Sheriff was running around trying to find a heart?
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top