Once Upon a Time

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Once Upon a Time

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:47 am

This is the stupidest query/nitpick ever, but: Wasn't Charming's name in Fairytale Times James? They called him David. But then, I know that the prince guy was actually his brother (I forget how all that came about), so maybe he was James? But, was his brother's name David? Nobody else has the same name in Fairytale Times as in Storybrooke. Wait, yes they do, Belle does and Regina does. But I didn't remember that his name was David in both his pre-prince life and his Storybrooke life. I thought it was an error but then I wasn't sure.

I don't hate the Frozen shit so far? I was finally indoctrinated into the League of People Who Have Watched Frozen With Young Children when my five-year-old niece made me watch it this summer. It was all right. I think the roles are well cast in this, even though it feels even more than usual like a Disney commercial to see like, the exact same CGI characters in the show that are in the movie. But Elsa is Georgina Haig, who it literally never occurred to me existed as an actress outside of being Pacey and Olivia's perfectly cast daughter in Fringe, and I have affection for her for that reason. I like the girl who plays Anna too. Does Elizabeth Mitchell being on this show mean that Revolution was finally canceled? (I wanted to love you, Revolution, but I very quickly did not. Is that even what that show was called? NBC, you don't HAVE to name all your shows one-word Law & Order titles.)

Bo Peep, WTF.

Oh, and -- I really love the idea that David/Charming learned how to swordfight from a girl.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:57 am

No, his name was David. He took the name James when he had to replace his brother.

Snow's rant was EPIC. "You lived for years without light bulbs. BUY A FLASHLIGHT!"
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:01 am

I was not a fan of Charming having to learn how to be brave from Frozen. I get why they are pushing the Frozen stuff hard but it still had me RME.

His brother's name was James and even though we knew him as David in Storybrooke, for the longest time no one knew what his real Enchanted Forest name was because Snow dubbed him Charming in their first meeting. It wasn't until season two, I think that Grumpy, of all people, asked him what his Enchanted Forest name was and we found out it was also David.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:56 am

Ah, OK. Thanks for clearing that up, y'all!

Yes, Snow was delightful. How old is Ginnifer Goodwin's baby? I was wondering if they just had her use her own baby as the baby or if there's some kind of child labor thing where they can't.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:26 pm

laddical wrote:According to the theory, the shipwreck Ariel is exploring at the beginning of The Little Mermaid is the King and Queen of Arendelle's boat that sinks at the beginning of Frozen while en route to the Kingdom of the Sun (or whatever the fan name for the unnamed kingdom in Tangled is).

a week later, I posed the question and then I forgot to check back, but thanks.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:Does Elizabeth Mitchell being on this show mean that Revolution was finally canceled?
Is that the show Giancarlo Esposito was on? I confuse Revolution with Under the Dome. Since he showed up again last week, I was trying to decide if his show was cancelled or if this was just a one-off.

How old is Ginnifer Goodwin's baby? I was wondering if they just had her use her own baby as the baby or if there's some kind of child labor thing where they can't.
I wondered the same thing, because that baby was so little! Smaller, I thought, than babies I'm used to seeing on TV. But babies are so unpredictable, I'm sure it's easier to just hire showbiz twin babies than cross your fingers and hope that the actor's real baby is in a filming mood that day.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:49 pm

I forgot Giancarlo Esposito was on that show! Maybe it was cancelled then. I mostly know him from Breaking Bad.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:40 am

I had forgotten Marion was back, hated that plot twist.
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:35 am

Mwahaha charming talking about falling through a portal to Asgard
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:40 am

Look at the flowers Ingrid ...
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:25 am

On the one hand, I'm really intrigued by the Sorcerer's Hat and the book and that whole aspect of things, including, oddly enough, Regina and Robin's ship.

On the other, I hate Ingrid as a character *so much* that it's ruining the show for me. I don't hate her as a villain - I hate everything about her. I hate the costumes she wears which, with that much cleavage, I'm thinking are supposed to be sexy, but in my opinion miss that by a fair margin. I hate her whining about being misunderstood. I hate that she was somehow able to unhinge Emma enough that Emma lost control of her powers even though she'd never really had a problem with it before and that NO ONE, except Henry, did anything but respond exactly the way Ingrid said they would.

Basically, I like Anna and Elsa and I want them to find each other and stay on as characters in Storybrooke. But I need the Snow Queen's plot to be over.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:32 am

Her cleavage really bothers me too, it's ugly and does nothing for the character
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Oh, thank gods, I am not the only bothered by her dress. Even when Regina goes full Evil!Queen, her cleavage is somewhat tasteful and the rest of the outfit is fantastic. Ingrid's dress is just blah and the boobs aren't helping.

I am really hoping the Knave/Will Scarlett gets something more to do soon.
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:36 am

The curse is interesting - Snow and Charming releasing each other's hand was heartbreaking.

But I am just so fucking *done* with Ingrid and Rumplestiltskin.

When it comes to Disney princesses, Belle is probably my favorite, and it is really pissing me off that she's the dumbest dumb that ever dumbed on this show because of her blind, unjustified, and completely wrong faith in Rumple.

Of course, the fact that Rumple has shown negative character growth - not just no character growth, but in my opinion he's even more unpleasant and evil than he was at the start - is bad storytelling even apart from what it does to Belle. All that bullshit he spewed at Neal's grave about wanting to be better but starting off his married life with a lie - I thought that meant he was becoming self aware and was going to try to do better. But he's not just not trying to be better - he is actively trying to become more evil. Fuck that noise.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic View next topic Back to top