Snow White and the Huntsman

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Snow White and the Huntsman

Post  Jude on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:23 am

bbridges wrote:Someone already posted this in the Robert Pattinson thread but this seems like a better place to talk about it.
Definitely is -- I don't know why I didn't think of it, except that I'm sleepy. Does that work as an excuse? Anyway, here's the link I posted in the Pattinson thread:

Kristen Stewart dropped from SWATH sequel, except now there's some disagreement as to whether that's true or not. Gossip Cop is claiming maybe not...but who knows? Certainly no one in charge, apparently.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:03 am

It seems an overreaction to replace the series star and not to find a new director.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:35 am

I don't imagine they will keep him either. Frankly I think the real truth is probably that they know that Theron and Hemsworth were generally considered the best things about that film and so they decided to just do the Huntsman spin off, if they even do that, and the rest is probably just media spin.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:23 am

So the sequel's just going to be "...The Huntsman"? Because if that's the case, I'll actually go see it.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:17 am

They amended the statement and said they were planning to go ahead with the huntsman spin off but mostly like Snow White would play a role too.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm kind of bothered by this. Okay, the two of them screwed up and should have kept their pants on. But they're both adults and the fallout should be in their personal relationships, not their jobs. This is not Lindsay Lohan who can't get insured. They didn't break the law and they didn't do drugs. Don't use this as a convient excuse to cut the girl out of your action film.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:39 pm

I hope they make a prequel about Charlize Theron's character. She was the only good performance in the first one.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:40 pm

I guess what I'm trying to say is that most likely they weren't going to use her anyway and the media is spinning that to turn it into SHES GETTING CUT FOR THIS REASON when chances are they dropped the sequel cause the movie didn't really warrant it and they wanted to just hold on to it to a hitch a ride on Hemsworth's rising star.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:45 pm

That makes me sad inside. Instead making a Hemsworth movie, they should make another Snow White with a better script (and this coming from someone who actually loved the movie).

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:04 pm

My first reaction was anger that they were keeping the male half of the cheating couple and dumping the female half, but I agree that it's likely Snow White was getting cut from the sequel anyway. I would have liked to see Snow White further, as it would give her character a chance to be more fleshed out, but I'm not surprised by the idea of a solo Huntsman movie. Maybe he'll rescue Red Riding Hood from the wolf! He's got an axe, he can take up work as a woodcutter and get involved in another fairy tale. I see the DVD of SWATH is going to be an extended edition, so maybe there's more with Snow White that will explain her a little more. That was my biggest complaint with the movie; I suspect there's a lot of deleted footage (with the queen, too).

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:11 pm

As much as I enjoyed Hemsworth in the movie, I didn't enjoy him so much that I needed to see the character of the Huntsman on more adventures. I liked Hemsworth, the character didn't matter all that much.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:34 pm

Either the script was entirely nonsensical, or a giant piece got snipped out between Snow White going into the woods with the Huntsman and her putting on the armor. That was the most obvious and irksome part, but I agree there was probably more with the queen, too.

I enjoyed Hemsworth in the same way, TiffanyNichelle.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:12 pm

curryalley wrote:I'm kind of bothered by this. Okay, the two of them screwed up and should have kept their pants on. But they're both adults and the fallout should be in their personal relationships, not their jobs. This is not Lindsay Lohan who can't get insured. They didn't break the law and they didn't do drugs. Don't use this as a convient excuse to cut the girl out of your action film.

Well said. The sexism evident in this (if it's true, and if it's connected to the "scandal" and not how many tickets were sold) is over the top. Charlie Sheen, the unstable, unprofessional, drug abusing, DOMESTIC ABUSER, gets series after series, but Oh Noes! a 22-year-old woman has had cheated on her boyfriend! Burn her!
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Binky wrote:Either the script was entirely nonsensical, or a giant piece got snipped out between Snow White going into the woods with the Huntsman and her putting on the armor. That was the most obvious and irksome part, but I agree there was probably more with the queen, too.

I enjoyed Hemsworth in the same way, TiffanyNichelle.

I remember reading that the script kept getting changed such that they ended up with what amounts to a different story.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:28 pm

From what I understand that movie suffered from being rushed to compete with the other Snow White film. I enjoyed it but I thought that made sense because it was a lot of interesting ideas that weren't executed as well as they should have been.

I suspect its easier to make a huntsman movie because like its been stated hes a character with less baggage then Snow White, and a recurring figure in different fairy tales. Whereas with Snow White her story always had a conclusion. I would have loved to see a Snow White film if a different actress played her. I think Kristen Stewart was the weakest link and I actually like her as an actress (at least in smaller indie films I do) but in a big movie she fades away and doesn't have the charisma to center a film like that. I think she was helped in the first movie by a really good supporting cast and Theron and Hemsworth who do have that movie star charisma. I don't think I'd really find a movie with just her and not them at all interesting, if I'm being honest. I feel bad about it because I think we need more female geared films, but was so....non compelling for me. If it had been a different actress I would probably feel differently.

ETA:Universal has denied the story.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:58 pm

I would actually not be surprised if they just cancelled any sequel at all. Even if part of the consideration is the scandal. I was just irked by firing her while keeping Rupert Sanders in the picture. The movie was on the borderline of justifying a sequel, but they started plans before the movie came out, this could have provided them with a (somewhat) graceful exit. I probably wouldn't have gone to see a second movie with Snow White and I don't think I would go see a Huntsman solo movie. There are much better Chris Hemsworth delivery systems.
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:49 pm

I always felt the sequel wasn't going to happen. With the size of its budget (and I remember articles saying the budget was actually rumored to be much higher than they claimed) and the huge marketing push behind it, it honestly wasn't that big of a hit. Nor did very many people seem pumped about it and desperate to find out what happens next.

I've read a few takes on this now that have basically said the actual bare bones of this story is merely that the hired scriptwriter was pulled off. No one new has been hired to write one. No director has been chosen. And no one was fired. So I'm really starting to feel like they're just dumping a sequel that was always a long shot anyway, and Stewart's PR team spun it as her being "fired" and Sanders being kept on in order to drum up some much needed sympathy for her.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top