This Business of Show

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This Business of Show

Post  swsa on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:29 am

Trying to reassure myself that someone who is genuinely in talks for this position would keep their mouth shut and wait for the deal to close. Because I cannot handle (no pun intended) the thought of this woman getting an even bigger platform.

Chelsea Handler teases deal with CBS
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:08 pm

She's a disgusting racist and I would be profoundly disappointed in CBS if this ended up happening.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Uggggh. Going from Craig Ferguson to Chelsea Handler is the biggest downgrade EVER. To lose both The Colbert Report and Craig, and have the latter replaced by her? Booooo. You hurt my heart, late night TV.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Nah. It just looks like she's trying to maneuver herself into the discussion although it looks like she might be developing a talk show to go in syndication.

I'm guessing Ferguson is not going anywhere. I'm surprised people felt he got slighted by not getting 11:30 because in interviews I've seen in the past, he seemed uninterested in the earlier timeslot because he liked being left alone to do his own version of a talkshow & he knew he would only get that freedom at 12:30.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Yeah, I genuinely do not believe that Ferguson wanted Letterman's gig. But I do believe that CBS may think that after almost a decade and in this time of big late night changes, it's time to let Ferguson go and bring in somebody new, maybe one of those non-males the internet is expressing so much interest in. But I don't want them to let him go! They just built Secretariat a stable! If Craig is ready to go, I wish him well, but I'd hate to see him forced out, especially for someone like Chelsea Handler. I look to you for hope, Hollywood Reporter article.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Gillian wrote:Yeah, I genuinely do not believe that Ferguson wanted Letterman's gig.  But I do believe that CBS may think that after almost a decade and in this time of big late night changes, it's time to let Ferguson go and bring in somebody new, maybe one of those non-males the internet is expressing so much interest in.  But I don't want them to let him go!  They just built Secretariat a stable!  If Craig is ready to go, I wish him well, but I'd hate to see him forced out, especially for someone like Chelsea Handler.  I look to you for hope, Hollywood Reporter article.

I don't think he wanted it either, he seems very happy with his after-hours timeslot where he can be as wacky as he wants. I heard on the radio that he had a speculation clause that would give him 5 million dollars if he got passed over, so I could see feigning an interest for that purpose. But who knows if that was true either.

I would be sad if they forced him out. I admit that I'm too old to stay up late enough to watch his show, but I LOVE watching the clips, he's my hands-down favorite of the late night hosts.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:57 pm

There's talk that they're not entirely happy with Ferguson over at CBS. I read elsewhere (but unfortunately can't find the article) that Ferguson's continued safe existence in the slot had to do with Letterman loving his act, and the fact that one clause in Dave's contract gave him total control over the 12:30 slot. Now he'll be negotiating with CBS directly instead of Worldwide Pants....
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:06 pm

Craig Ferguson is leaving too.

I'm so sad because he has always been my favorite late night host.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:10 pm

Me too. =(

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:42 pm

I used to split my time between Ferguson and Fallon. Since Fallon took over, and Meyers is still finding his voice, I've been entirely Ferguson-focused. This is incredibly disappointing.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:07 am

Siiiiiiigh. Not surprised, but SUPER bummed. CBS, stay the hell away from Chelsea Handler!

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:11 am

Aww, I did enjoy watching his show whenever I happened to catch it.

I totally believe him when he says he's been thinking about moving on for a while because he's interested in doing other projects. He always did seem like a guy who stumbled upon this job, but seemed to have many other interests and talents. Hope he gets to do other cool projects.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:09 am

Awww. I really love his show--he used the late slot to do something really offbeat and unique, and even if they find a *good* replacement (ie, NOT Chelsea Handler) there's no way someone else could be the same. I too hope he finds worthwhile projects to do. He's a talented guy.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:04 pm

What a shame. I liked his show (I try and find it here and there in the UK) and my Mom ADORED his show because it was so interesting and varied. He was really allowed to do whatever he wanted to do. I hope whatever he does next is as interesting. I mean this is a guy who has some of the silliest stuff going on and then he will have some kind of erudite interview with someone the next second.
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:13 pm

Morning Angel wrote:Aww, I did enjoy watching his show whenever I happened to catch it.

I totally believe him when he says he's been thinking about moving on for a while because he's interested in doing other projects.  He always did seem like a guy who stumbled upon this job, but seemed to have many other interests and talents.  Hope he gets to do other cool projects.  

It actually put the sudden budget boost from a couple of years ago into perspective when he said that he'd wanted to leave then, but then the network enticed him to stay with a larger, somewhat more professional-looking set and more funding for other bits.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:07 am

The Sony Hack, has given the gossip world a great gift. Steve Jobs Movie Email War. It's amazing and Fincher wins for his excellent shade/side step: "Adam Driver is a terrible idea, I'm with you..." Hee.

As big a raging (clearly misogynistic) asshole as Rudin is I can't say he's wrong about Cleopatra and for being pissed it would derail what he has going at Sony with Jobs, Jobs may or may not being good script/film, but it definitely makes more sense for Fincher than Cleo would. I think that whole movie is basically gee Angie would look great in that costume/setting.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:36 am

Wow. That movie is one rolling clusterfuck. Rudin is one vicious guy but with high stakes and narcissism rampant in studio decisions, I'm not really surprised. That letter from Robert Newman begging DiCaprio to take the role was kinda sorta hilarious.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:38 am

I loved those emails. And yeah, Rudin comes off like a dick, but one who is definitely not wrong. I did come out of it liking Amy Pascal though. It's like you can see what she's trying to do, and balancing a bunch of egos, but she still stands up for herself. The "ducking" autocorrects were hilarious though.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:54 am

I also ...I like Angelina Jolie...but she already played Marianne Pearl (and I know that she was Pearl's choice)... do we need her playing another woman of color?

Overall yeah I have to agree, Rudin is a douche but not incorrect.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:11 pm

I did come out of it liking Amy Pascal though.

I felt so bad for her because even though she and Rudin are fighting they are on the same side, they both want Fincher to do Jobs, and for the project to happen at Sony, and I kind of agree with Rudin that it's not his job to finesse the situation, especially not to kiss Angie's ass or massage Fincher. Still he completely hung her out to dry, like the petulant douche he is. I think maybe I sided with him for his complete sentences and proper spelling and lack of all caps.

The other funny part of the Sony Hack was how so many of the employee complaints circled back to being stuck with crappy Adam Sandler movies. Seriously Sony restructure that deal!

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Is there a good summary somewhere of all the gossip from the leaks?
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:06 pm

I strangely came out of it liking... Scott Rudin? I mean, his epic rant about not spending another second of his time thinking about the Angie Cleopatra movie is fucking beautiful. And this:
You're involving yourself in this massive and pointless drama that is beneath you. You are entitled to say no.
is going to become my new motto.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:58 pm

Scott Rudin is such a well known dickhead I just can't handle him.

A lighter exchage from the Sony leak,[/url] Joel Mchale gets a free tv.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:08 am

I'm trying, and failing, to picture DiCaprio as Dirk Diggler.
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:14 am

The Michael Fassbender penis discussion though.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top