Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fringe: Crisis on Multiple Earths

+19
Eris Rising
Snarker
Gillian
PineappleGirl
FiggyPudding
Gallifrey Girl
Corvus
lil d
particle_person
ulkis
biakbiak
jensa
choubetcha
QueenSix
jcpdiesel21
Instant Monkeys
naughty zoot
Bad Username
laddical
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fringe: Crisis on Multiple Earths - Page 2 Empty Re: Fringe: Crisis on Multiple Earths

Post  jcpdiesel21 Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:02 pm

I am still watching as well. I haven't been as much of a fan of this season as the previous ones, but the last handful of episodes have been pretty good and really building toward something exciting. I am anxious to see what's in store for us in in the season finale.

I'm pleased that Fox has renewed this show for a final season, even if it is shortened. It'll be nice for those behind the show to prepare a suitable ending instead of the network deciding to end things on a cliffhanger or something.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Fringe: Crisis on Multiple Earths - Page 2 Empty Re: Fringe: Crisis on Multiple Earths

Post  Gallifrey Girl Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:07 am

Apparently they filmed *two* endings. One would wrap things up, the other is a cliffhanger. (Which we'll now get!) I was glad to have it renewed!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Yeah, still watching, although I'm not as invested, but I'm glad that it's been renewed for 13 episodes, and actually don't mind that it's not going on for longer, for the reasons Corvus mentioned.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm watching - though being in a different country, it's not like it affects viewing figures. But I'm really enjoying this season. I think the cast have never been better and I love that they keep everything changing. It's so great that they get a final season to finish the story. I'd have been very peeved otherwise.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Sun May 13, 2012 3:32 am

The eye movements of woman-from-Lost after she was brought back (ish) from the dead were some of the freakiest things I have ever seen. I totally got the creeps. When Olivia was hugging Peter at the end there, I was worried she was going to do them too.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Sun May 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Gallifrey Girl wrote:The eye movements of woman-from-Lost after she was brought back (ish) from the dead were some of the freakiest things I have ever seen. I totally got the creeps.
Me, too! That scene was the highlight of the finale for me, which was otherwise just okay. The episode from a few weeks ago that jumped into the future spoiled a lot of the tension in these last two episodes. I hope that next season can find a satisfying conclusion to many of the show's plot threads.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun May 13, 2012 11:06 pm

Gallifrey Girl wrote:The eye movements of woman-from-Lost after she was brought back (ish) from the dead were some of the freakiest things I have ever seen. I totally got the creeps. When Olivia was hugging Peter at the end there, I was worried she was going to do them too.
ME TOO. That was awesome. I was trying to figure out if it was CGI or just the actress freakily moving her eyes. I think it must have been CGI.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon May 14, 2012 1:08 am

I need Walter to throw a baby shower.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  FiggyPudding Mon May 14, 2012 3:53 pm

It's too bad the rest of the finale didn't live up to the creepy eyeballs scene, that stuff was totally wigging me out! I have to say, Bell is a very anti-climactic villain. I can't remember, does the whole ringing bell trick mean he can be rung back into existence? I hope not. Especially if his vision of future universe looks like a an out-of-date computer game.

FiggyPudding

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon May 14, 2012 8:17 pm

I agree. I don't really care about Bell. I thought Walternate was a much better villain.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Wed May 16, 2012 9:50 pm

I don't like Bell, either. Most of the time I think he's a huge dick. I was hoping Walter would shoot him before he rung his bell and disappeared. Plus, Leonard Nimoy's hair and teeth in the most recent episode really wigged me out for some reason.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  PineappleGirl Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:10 pm

I just marathoned seasons 2 and 3 in two weeks and am anxious to pick up season 4 today so I can be all caught up and actually read this thread! I should have listened to my friends long before this summer when they insisted that Fringe was something I had to watch. Season 3 in particular was AWESOME, I loved it so much. And I love all the characters and can't believe how much I care about everyone. Anna Torv is amazing and John Noble just absolutely breaks my heart. Anyway. Just had to flail. I'll be back after I finish season 4!
PineappleGirl
PineappleGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Fringe is back on tonight. It'll certainly be interesting to see where this goes, even if it's a total disaster.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:09 am

So I'm six episodes into season two and I have to say: at least this far, I'm glad to see that Broyles is, ultimately, a stand-up guy. I hope he stays that way.

And I'm also glad that, Peter in the first four episodes aside, there's none of this Scully "rationalize everything into irrelevance" nonsense. Crazy shit happens, everyone accepts that crazy shit has happened and begins looking for a reason why crazy shit happened instead of trying to justify why crazy shit can't possibly be happening.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:22 am

Just caught up to current. I keep hoping that we'll get one more bit of universe hopping and see Fauxlivia and Lincoln being happy together before all is said and done.

I'm thrilled that I have *no clue* what's going on with Walter's plan.

And I LOVE that this show has so successfully reinvented itself time and again. I can't remember a show that survived a complete revamp once, let alone twice. The only show I can recall that ever made as drastic a change between seasons as this show has done between seasons four and five was the War of the Worlds show from the '80s - and since that show barely aired its second season (the Seattle market completely abandoned it after six episodes), that's not a good sign. But this show has made it work.

I was very sad to see Nina go, though. Especially since I think silver-Nina is kind of a fox. I love redheads, but it never really worked for Nina, I thought. It always seemed like an affectation.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:23 pm

I just started watching the first season of this show, and it took me three whole episodes to realize that Walter is the Steward of Gondor. Now I can't un-see it or un-hear it, to the point that it's actually distracting me. Like, I keep waiting for him to turn to Pacey and ask, "Can you sing, Master Hobbit?" I honestly don't know why it took me so long to connect the dots.

As for the show itself, I probably like it. If I end up liking it a lot, I guess I'm glad there will only be five seasons to watch. Makes the task les daunting.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:11 am

Like, I keep waiting for him to turn to Pacey and ask, "Can you sing, Master Hobbit?"

Heh. He actually does ask Peter to play the piano for him. Can't recall if he asks him to sing, too.

I posted on my FB the other day that I want to create a meme that's a picture of Faramir looking sad with captions like:

"Dad never tore apart two universes to save *my* life."

"Dad never cooked LSD with me."

"Dad never made waffles wearing nothing but a cooking apron for me."
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:26 am

laddical wrote:
Like, I keep waiting for him to turn to Pacey and ask, "Can you sing, Master Hobbit?"

Heh. He actually does ask Peter to play the piano for him. Can't recall if he asks him to sing, too.

No joke, the second I went back into the living room to push play, he asked Peter to play the piano. I almost ran back to edit my post.

ETA: Oh! And Peter did sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" for him a couple of episodes ago, but Walter never directly asked him to do it. And that was before I made the Denethor connection.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:19 pm

I've always been kinda blase about Fringe's ending but next week might make me make several sadfaces.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:09 am

So I figured that would happen (back to the day the observers appeared and Walter would die/disappear) except I was hoping that they would remember everything that happened. So am I to assume in the new timeline Walter died sometime in their past? So confused. At least JJ holding a little girl is adorable.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:47 pm

It's just one of those wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey things I guess.

It was good to see the Alt verse again. I like the idea of Walternate still lecturing at Harvard.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 pm

ulkis wrote:So I figured that would happen (back to the day the observers appeared and Walter would die/disappear) except I was hoping that they would remember everything that happened. So am I to assume in the new timeline Walter died sometime in their past? So confused. At least JJ holding a little girl is adorable.

He blinked out of existence in 2015, since the universe couldn't handle the paradox. That was the reason for the letter that he mentioned earlier, and the videotape that he left.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:16 pm

No Observers means no distracting Walternate means no crossingover means no series *at all*, not just "Walter blinks out of existence in 2015". I was hoping that Olivia's plea that "We're gonna get our daughter back!" was just her being overly attached to the idea and not a lack of logical thinking on the part of the writers.

Alas.

But, everything else about the finale was wonderful. Peter and Walter saying good-bye, September pontificating on fatherhood (and, in a way, autism and how one relates to other people from inside it). Even Olivia and Fauxlivia (LOVED her Rogue-like streak of grey). And the nod to all the biological Fringe events of episodes past during the prison break.

Everything else worked so perfectly that I'm willing to overlook the hiccup.

Also, I found September with hair striking. Like... Daniel Craig by way of Karl Urban. Or vice versa.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 pm

I was thrilled to see Jean the cow again.

ETA: The internet informs me it's Gene the cow. As in genetics, I guess.

Also, if Walternate isn't distracted by September he doesn't miss whatever he missed in the original timeline and is able to cure his Peter while Walter's Peter dies, no? Since Olivia had already been dosed with cortexiphan and crossed over at least once she certainly could have met Peter at some point and all's still right in the Fringe world. I think. Or at least choose to think.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:01 pm

September with hair was smokin' hot, lol.

He blinked out of existence in 2015, since the universe couldn't handle the paradox. That was the reason for the letter that he mentioned earlier, and the videotape that he left.

yeah, someone at twop explained it to me and I was like, oy, duh. In my head at least everything up to the point that Peter gets the letter happens the same as we saw it in the series. Then after that he discovers Walter's gone. (and someone also pointed out, if the show had gone on that would have been a good adventure for next season, looking for Walter in the future! Although I don't know if in my head they do that. I always figured Walter would in someway sacrifice himself, cause that's what always happens.)

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum