Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skins (UK version)

+2
inversed
Menshevixen
6 posters

Go down

Skins (UK version) Empty Skins (UK version)

Post  Menshevixen Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:49 am

I thought we had a Skins thread, but I guess we don't, so here goes!

I finally finished watching the most recent series. When I watched the first couple of eps, I realized that it if I watched all of it at once, I'd probably have a nervous breakdown, so I spaced them out. I'm not sure the third generation is my favorite, but it is definitely the one that I had the hardest time watching (sorry Freddie, but you don't compare to Rich and Grace).

Thoughts? Rages? Conspiracy theories about the final series?
Menshevixen
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Skins (UK version) Empty Re: Skins (UK version)

Post  inversed Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:30 pm

I've only seen the first generation, because I loved them all so much that I was not ready to accept a new crop of kids. But perhaps I'll try it out. Do you ever find out bits of info about the first-gen kids and how they're doing?

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Menshevixen wrote:Conspiracy theories about the final series?

Franky died at the end of season 5 and was replaced with a robot intent on destroying humanity as we know it.
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Menshevixen Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:33 am

Heh, I hope that's the case. Her character took such a turn for the bizarre. :(

inversed, hmm, sort of? Like, in the second gen there's a character who gets Sid's locker, which is pretty amusing in context. I can't remember if anything else really comes up. But the final series is going to gather together everyone from the three generations (presumably not the dead folks, ALAS), so it should be interesting to see what happened to them all.
Menshevixen
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:58 am

I've heard raves about the second generation, but I liked the first generation better (haven't seen the third). I couldn't stand Cook. I guess they wanted another bad boy character, like Tony, but I thought at least Tony had some charm, Cook was just a jerk. I loved silent Effy in the first generation, but once she started talking and becoming a major character in the second generation (and got involved with Cook), she became less compelling. The actors who play Effy and Freddie are gorgeous, though. I liked pretty much all of the characters in the first gen, except Sketch who was creeepy.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Second gen is a damn MESS. I liked Cook a lot, and I, too, wish Effy had remained silent.
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Menshevixen Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:18 am

Aw, I like Effy. I can never figure out why exactly, but I do--although her storyline (and by extension Freddie and Cook's) really devolved toward the end. Katie Fitch wins for second gen, everyone else I ended up mostly wanting to strangle.

Menshevixen
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:25 pm

I, for one, didn't need Effy to stay silent, but might have liked for her to have kept some of her 'mysterious', though I can understand Scodelario wanting something to do. Which she got. Her relationship with Tony was interesting; I don't think her character was as well defined absent his presence (to say nothing of Hoult's).

Dammit, now I'm going to have to call Chris Hanson to stop me from thinking about Mitch Hewer all day.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:15 pm

My hatred for Effy fueled me the second series. I hated that series by the end of it and the only people I could stand were Cook, Katie and Freddie. I think part of it was that I never thought KS was that good an actress. Gorgeous girl, but not nearly compelling when you consider everyone ends up falling all over her.

The first gen is my fave though I liked three a lot, minus Frankie and Matty. Though I liked Frankie during the fifth series. I thought in the sixth series she had the same problem as Effy, though I did think she was a better actor, but weirdly lacked KS's charisma so the whole I AM CRAZY BUT EVERYONE IS IN LOVE WITH ME thing still didn't work. Maybe if you could mash the two actors together? Rich and Grace were my faves but I ended up loving Mini and Alo a lot too.

Weirdly my least favorite character of all the gens may be Thomas though just because my God was he useless.

My favorites were probably Chris (oh how I adored him) and Tony just because I think that he was really fascinating and Nicholas Hoult was one of the best actors to be on that show. Cassie too. Actually I think all three of those were three of the best actors to come out of the show, now that I say that which probably influences my decision. I think Dev Patel has really done well in his stuff since, but they didn't give him anything to do.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:47 pm

It's funny that you mention Dev Patel, because I almost forget he was on the show, even though I first heard about Skins in an interview with Danny Boyle on Slumdog Millionaire - about how he had trouble casting the lead and his daughter recommended Dev from seeing him on Skins. You're right that he didn't have much in Skins. Glad he got more opportunities later.

Other than Hoult and Patel, have any of the other actors broken out? I saw from these boards that Freddie was going to be in that big movie Snowpiercer.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Cassie and Chris are both on Game of Thrones and Kaya Scoloderio was in Andrea Anders Wuthering Heights and has a bunch of other movies coming out. Jack O'Connell also does well particularly on British television. He was excellent in the Runaway.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:12 pm

I've just started watching this again... I don't know why, it just guts me. Cassie and her taxi driver just makes my heart break.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down