Katie Holmes

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Katie Holmes - Page 3 Empty Re: Katie Holmes

Post  PrincessCleo on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:01 pm

If Tom Cruise brings down Scientology, I will go see every movie he makes for the rest of his life whether I like it or not.

From the Shelly Miscavige ONTD comments:

well this isn't terrifying at all

i feel totally confident that she is alive & safe and "working for the church" of her own free will. t o t a l l y.

I think they bricked/plastered her up into the walls of the church itself, that way whenever anyone asks about her they can say she's still very much "a part of the church" or "working within the church" or "working to hold the church together" etc etc
PRETTY MUCH.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:47 pm

PrincessCleo wrote:If Tom Cruise brings down Scientology, I will go see every movie he makes for the rest of his life whether I like it or not.

From the Shelly Miscavige ONTD comments:

well this isn't terrifying at all

i feel totally confident that she is alive & safe and "working for the church" of her own free will. t o t a l l y.

I think they bricked/plastered her up into the walls of the church itself, that way whenever anyone asks about her they can say she's still very much "a part of the church" or "working within the church" or "working to hold the church together" etc etc
PRETTY MUCH.

"When asked, the Teamsters President said that Hoffa would always be a cornerstone in their organization." -Chevy Chase.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Katie and Tom have reached a settlement.

Not super exciting, but hopefully they worked everything out in Suri's best interests.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Tom must have been running scared to have settled so fast. The last two weeks have generated so much negative press for him and for Scientology, he must have known that fighting Katie would just make things worse for his image and the image of his cult church.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:39 pm

He may have been running scared, but I totally agree with Anne Helen Petersen, who said this:
So the divorce is officially "settled." But that means very little, especially since they are releasing ZERO details of said settlement -- including whether or not Holmes will get sole custody. Bottom line: they're trying to make it seem like the narrative is closed. I call bullshit.

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:05 pm

I don't know, I think it's just possible he won't fight the 'sole custody' thing because maybe he wants Suri to have a stable home rather than dotting about? Maybe he honestly thinks it's best for her, especially if Katie isn't trying to keep his daughter away from him. Maybe both of them just don't want their daughter to see them slugging it out for months on end.
Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Esseilte wrote:I don't know, I think it's just possible he won't fight the 'sole custody' thing because maybe he wants Suri to have a stable home rather than dotting about? Maybe he honestly thinks it's best for her, especially if Katie isn't trying to keep his daughter away from him. Maybe both of them just don't want their daughter to see them slugging it out for months on end.

On some level I would like to attribute good motives to the two of them as well, but he was perfectly willing to slug it out with Nicole in public for months, so I'm skeptical.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:44 am

Maybe Katie Holmes had some sort of evidence that would make Cruise back down.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Esseilte wrote:I don't know, I think it's just possible he won't fight the 'sole custody' thing because maybe he wants Suri to have a stable home rather than dotting about? Maybe he honestly thinks it's best for her, especially if Katie isn't trying to keep his daughter away from him. Maybe both of them just don't want their daughter to see them slugging it out for months on end.

I think he thinks whatever Scientology tells him to, and I think they told him to settle to save Suri the trauma of warring parents, when what they meant is to save Scientology face. I think a lot of unsavory things (not necessarily new or revelatory) would have been chewed over and they didn't want it to stay in the news forever. So they told him to settle ASAP.

I am curious if Suri is going to have a relationship with him now. Since she and Katie are probably suppressives or whatever. I don't think his older kids have much of a relationship with Nicole Kidman, precisely because of this. He'll get a taste of his own medicine.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  FiggyPudding on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Binky wrote:

I think he thinks whatever Scientology tells him to, and I think they told him to settle to save Suri the trauma of warring parents, when what they meant is to save Scientology face. I think a lot of unsavory things (not necessarily new or revelatory) would have been chewed over and they didn't want it to stay in the news forever. So they told him to settle ASAP.

I am curious if Suri is going to have a relationship with him now. Since she and Katie are probably suppressives or whatever. I don't think his older kids have much of a relationship with Nicole Kidman, precisely because of this. He'll get a taste of his own medicine.

They showed an interview from the mid 2000s when Tom was being creepily insistent that he doesn't care what people think, or let other people control what he does. It was a really pathetic display of irony. As much as I can't stand him, I think he does love Suri, and it's pretty horrible that he ultimately chose the Co$ over her. But hey, judging by that wackadoo $cientology video leaked online a while back, he truly buys into the notion that suppressives are completely beneath him, so maybe it won't bother him that much.

At any rate, it won't be the same kind of medicine that Nicole Kidman got, because Tom will still get to see Suri a lot and Katie won't be poisoning her mind against him with a bunch of cult garbage.

FiggyPudding

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:18 am

I don't know. I think in this instance, Lainey might be onto something. Scientology has never really led Tom in a career affirming, sensible direction. They've let him make a fool of himself publicly over and over again. I have a feeling they would've been misguided enough to think they could fight this and intimidate Katie into caving. However, I'm not sure his career would've survived it. I think this time he probably listened to the people in charge of his career and not the ones helping him stay clear of thetans.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:00 pm

You're all being glib!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:19 pm

swsa wrote:I think this time he probably listened to the people in charge of his career and not the ones helping him stay clear of thetans.

I thought the clams became in charge of his career around the time of his divorce from Kidman? Because it seems around then plus the immediate Katie/Couchjumping era was when his career took a giant nosedive and they did little to stop it.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Maybe Co$ figured an ongoing scandal with both of their most high profile members (Cruise and Travolta) was worse than a quick settlement.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Maybe Co$ figured an ongoing scandal with both of their most high profile members (Cruise and Travolta) was worse than a quick settlement.
Definitely this. The problem is from now on I will never think of Tom Cruise without thinking of this whole mess. He's such damaged goods now. They thought a quick settlement would be the best, but people won't forget this.

Re: Katie (since this is her thread after all) The story that came out about her getting a burner phone from a friend so she could make secret divorce phone calls is horrifying. Someone who is watched by their partner to that extent is in a VERY BAD RELATIONSHIP. For reals.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:57 pm

I read somewhere (ET?) that said that she realized she had to do something when she tried to discipline Suri for some reason, and one of the CO$ handlers stopped her, and told her that they had to call Tom to get his OK before disciplining her own child. I mean, talk about undercutting her authority!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Raised by wolves wrote:
Definitely this. The problem is from now on I will never think of Tom Cruise without thinking of this whole mess. He's such damaged goods now. They thought a quick settlement would be the best, but people won't forget this.

Re: Katie (since this is her thread after all) The story that came out about her getting a burner phone from a friend so she could make secret divorce phone calls is horrifying. Someone who is watched by their partner to that extent is in a VERY BAD RELATIONSHIP. For reals.
That's scary. No wonder she cut ties with that goofy bastard.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:13 pm

My new favorite thing to believe just because is that Katie will now use her superpowers to rescue Travolta. At which time he will join her in NYC where he will come out, start dating someone really sweet and cute, and head back to Broadway.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:44 pm

naughty zoot wrote:My new favorite thing to believe just because is that Katie will now use her superpowers to rescue Travolta. At which time he will join her in NYC where he will come out, start dating someone really sweet and cute, and head back to Broadway.

...and ditch the spray on hair.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Not sure to post this here or the "Celebrity Scientologists" thread...

Did anyone catch that "Dataline on E!" special last night about Tom and Katie? It mentioned almost everything we've talked about here, including the super secret manuvers to file for divorce and interviewing ex-Scientologists. Two of them were Jason Lee's ex-wife who got out and a guy that was the "Church"'s videographer and he talked all about "The Tom Cruise Project"!

He explained about the process of finding Tom a girlfriend and eventual wife, how they interviewed all these random women in the program. It was once none of them were deemed the right fit, Katie happened to come out with a magazine cover interview where she mentioned loving Tom Cruise when she was a kid, etc. Then they sought her out.

Of course the church denies all this and even the videographer doesn't claim it didn't turn into a real relationship, but it definitely was a seeking out process.

There definitely is a no-hold-bars approach from the media now. Lots of info wasn't mentioned, but this is the most I've ever seen spoken out in the public.

Last edited by Never Enough on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:41 pm

I almost watched that last night! I kept flipping back to it but it kept being a commercial, and then I forgot about it. I'll try and catch it. I love Scientology dirt.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:58 pm

I have a dvr and the TV was set to E! already when I turned it on, so I was able to record/rewind the whole thing. It didn't reveal anything I didn't already know, but it was so much fun watching it on a relatively major network!

OH! Also! I caught a commercial for "Rock Center with Brian Williams" (I think that's the name?) for tonight's (Thursday, the 12th) episode. They are going to do a straight Scientology story about regular people trying to escape. EEE!!!!!!

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  Dachelle on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Ooo, thanks for the head's up, Never Enough! Scientology fascinates me. And by fascinates, I mean alternately amuses and scares the shit out of me.

Dachelle

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Why leaving Tom Cruise makes Katie Holmes a feminist hero.

I have to admit I have gained more respect for Katie since she pulled off a plan worthy of Hannibal Smith than I had all the years previous put together.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:27 pm

I like the part where early Katie is compared to Mia Farrow is "Rosemary's Baby." I never thought of it that way, but they're right.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next